• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which sets did you get? The sets look really cool I think, especially the color scheme.

The bakery and the Ewok Village Lite. The former is mostly for parts + second male hair colour + spare Azari and the second will be modded into a Middle-earth tree house. I had vague ideas about it (and kind of wanted the Ewok Village for it if it wasn't crazy expensive) but this is just the right size to be achievable and a nice display size.

All of the figures are ending up on the ship though. That one is staying built.

Ponn

Banned
Hulkbuster delivered today! Along with Big Hero 6 bluray. May need to watch it while building set later.

Great positive Quinjet reviews. I was on the fence at first because of the redesign but so far seems to be great set.

Ryuuroden

lool oh Lordy. I think if I went that far then I wouldn't be able to support my SW habit.

I only got 5 Grand Emporiums, My other most's are 2 Green Grocers, 2 Fire Brigades, 3 Pet Shops and 3 Town Halls. I only have 1 Palace Cinema but plan to get 1 or 2 more and 1 more Detectives Office. Only set I may not get more of is Parisian Restaurant but not because it isn't a good set or anything. It is the best one of all of them. It's just so perfect I see no reason to expand it.

Rootbeer

Banned
refreshed my hold on the Quinjet. PIcking it up this evening.

Stopped into Target on my way to do some errands, saw all of the elves and ninjago out. Only a couple Avengers sets, they'd already been wiped clean.

I only got 5 Grand Emporiums, My other most's are 2 Green Grocers, 2 Fire Brigades, 3 Pet Shops and 3 Town Halls. I only have 1 Palace Cinema but plan to get 1 or 2 more and 1 more Detectives Office. Only set I may not get more of is Parisian Restaurant but not because it isn't a good set or anything. It is the best one of all of them. It's just so perfect I see no reason to expand it.

Good lord. That is nuts. I love it.

Ryuuroden

A street scene with modular mods made with 2 (or more) of each set would be amazing!

I demand photos of you combining your multiple modular sets or it never happened!

Ive shown them to you before but I'll take some new photos of some of them and post it now. I have actually only built larger versions of Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium. The Green Grocer is 2 sets, 1 mirrored. I have LDD plans I have put together for a City Hall version of Town Hall and have the 3 sets for that. Same with a larger Cinema. The multiple pet shops were for parts to make different colored versions etc for row houses and small shops so the setup didn't really get bigger buildings, just more of them.

16042717234_7283a58d17_h.jpg

16663660741_6fa46d72a0_h.jpg

16664042152_2547330e10_h.jpg

Btw, gonna pick up Ewok Village, Easter seasonal, and Mixels first for double points :)

Ive shown them to you before but I'll take some new photos of some of them and post it now. I have actually only built larger versions of Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium. The Green Grocer is 2 sets, 1 mirrored. I have LDD plans I have put together for a City Hall version of Town Hall and have the 3 sets for that. Same with a larger Cinema. The multiple pet shops were for parts to make different colored versions etc for row houses and small shops so the setup didn't really get bigger buildings, just more of them.

Btw, gonna pick up Ewok Village, Easter seasonal, and Mixels first for double points :)

That's crazy. It might be jealousy speaking, but they don't really look right doubled up like that. Or maybe it's because I can hardly fit one of each both in my shelves and in my wallet.

The back street is cool though. Makes me wish I had a permanent table to set up a town rather than just a street.

Bakery finished! A nice little build with some fresh colours. Now, to go for the full purple elf experience or change gears completely and do the X-Wing?

Rootbeer

Banned
76032 The Avengers Quinjet City Chase is on amazon (MSRP)!

New LEGO Star Wars TV show coming to DisneyXD!

Disney has announced that they have acquired LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales from The LEGO Group. As a result of this acquisition, they will be airing the show on Disney XD later this year. LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales is an animated series that consists of five 22-minute episodes telling the storey of Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace up to Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi from C-3PO and R2-D2’s perspectives.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/disney-xd-acquires-lego-star-wars-droid-tales/

I can't wait for the blu-ray version with bundled minifig :p Hopefully they'll sneak in some new ships and/or characters so we can get some "yoda chronicles"-like builds in the future. Some of those Yoda Chronicles sets ended up being some of the better ships from the years they came out.

ruxtpin

Banned

Impressive. I'm going to do a 2nd pet shop, Parisian restaurant, and get two of the detective agencies. I'm planning on a mirror build of the apartment from the pet shop set, adding another floor onto the pet shop itself, and second floors for the restaurant and detective agency. Rest of the stuff for more spare bricks.

Ah, yes you have. I see so many LEGO photos I forget sometimes. Thanks for sharing again!

Impressive. I'm going to do a 2nd pet shop, Parisian restaurant, and get two of the detective agencies. I'm planning on a mirror build of the apartment from the pet shop set, adding another floor onto the pet shop itself, and second floors for the restaurant and detective agency. Rest of the stuff for more spare bricks.

That's kind of why I feel that buying multiples is a waste. There's usually only one middle floor you can repeat, so the rest is just spare parts. Grand Emporium has two, I guess, and maybe Café Corner as well. On the other hand, modulars are amazing sources for useful parts.

ruxtpin

Banned
True, but I think with what you don't use, the parts - like you said - are useful enough and can be mixed with some other stuff to build another different modular. Add in another color and interior and you've got something almost completely different.

Ryuuroden

That's kind of why I feel that buying multiples is a waste. There's usually only one middle floor you can repeat, so the rest is just spare parts. Grand Emporium has two, I guess, and maybe Café Corner as well. On the other hand, modulars are amazing sources for useful parts.

The thing is, you don't just add another floor. Like my version of Town Hall while keeping the basic look is going to cover four 32x32 plates with a fountain/park on the front side and the front and 2 sides will have columned entrances and more. I think just stacking floors from buying multiple sets is boring. I usually buy multiples such as the instance of my grand emporium and fire brigade in order to make a set more complete. To add a 2nd fire engine garage and more interior spaces for various sections that would be in a firehouse.

I got started on the treehouse, and it's pretty nice so far. Something that isn't obvious from pictures is that the tree is almost entirely dark red, save for some of the bigger pieces. Lots of useful parts there. Also 1x4 tan tiles that are really rare on Bricklink. And obviously all these new colours. Interesting.

Finally got the Double Decker Couch. It has the same amount of minifigs as the Seacow...

It's pretty obvious that the Couch was Lego's way of saying "ok, so you couldn't afford the Sea Cow or you would have gotten it by now, here's the figures you wanted all along".

The tree house is finished and it's pretty glorious. I'll take pictures and have a review up tomorrow.

leng jai

It's pretty obvious that the Couch was Lego's way of saying "ok, so you couldn't afford the Sea Cow or you would have gotten it by now, here's the figures you wanted all along".

The tree house is finished and it's pretty glorious. I'll take pictures and have a review up tomorrow.

Too bad the only one I wanted was Metalbeard (though not really a minifig).

Rootbeer

Banned
yesterday, TRU was stocked full of the new ninjago.

today? ALL March 1st Ninjago gone.

STill had a lot of elves and avengers. Except the quinjet, they only had 2 of those: 1 i had on hold and 1 still on the shelf

Also: jealous that that Target had the Agents Mission HQ on clearance. Mine don't yet. It's a not-so-secret secret, but Thursday mornings are when Target marks down clearance prices for toys. Good day to check the isles.

Anyone else can't wait for this set? >.<

IMG_0708-e1425068734763.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Anyone else can't wait for this set? >.<

ME ME ME! Cheap set with 2 awesome new figs is a steal. I'm also thinking of how to integrate that copter into the Helicarrier.

Speaking of Helicarrier how many are actually going to bother with the power functions? I keep going back and forth on getting them or not. It just kind of seems like if i'm dropping that much money on a set then you should pretty much go all in on what it does.

Was this already posted by the way? Star Wars OT remade in Lego

JANG does his first Blacktron review! 6987 Message Intercept Base:

http://youtu.be/HNmMRQM-vkY

Ooooh. Gonna watch now. I want to rebuild mine, but somehow lost one of the big Blacktron logo pieces in this set. I am mega sad.

EDIT: Sigh. Watching that reminded me of some other old parts I cannot find either. But love the video, and had a flood of memories watching it.

I remember when I got that set. Every year when my dad got his bonus from work, he would let me get any LEGO set I wanted from Toys R Us. Of course, that year I wanted the Message Intercept Base. We went to TRU and bought one of the last ones they had. I got home, was so excited and started building. Then, about ten or so steps into the build, I realized that an entire bag was missing from the box.
I remember being a little brat and crying and throwing a tantrum about it, and I was all sad because I couldn't finish building it. Cmon, I was only 8 or 9 at the time.
Eventually, we drove all the way back out to TRU and got the last one on the shelf, and thankfully that one had all the bags in it. I was happy the rest of the day obviously.

And I never knew Blackthorn were the bad guys until Space Police showed up. I just always assumed they were the cool space guys.

I want to start collecting Blacktron, I currently have none but a few classic space sets I think I'll trade for Blacktron. That set he reviews looks to be in great condition, I wonder if he bought it new

You should, the Blacktron sets really stand out. I think both series are good but Blacktron 1 is just a tad better. Both of the Blacktron bases are really good.

Of course Ice Planet is still the best ;)

I MUST have had this set, i don't remember exactly but... did that huge yellow window piece and those "triforce" black shield pieces come in other BT sets? If not then this was the one i owned cos i have those still hmm....

Nope. They are unique to that set. The M-Tron big vehicle had a neon version of the big yellow trans piece though. And the Futuron monorail had a blue one.

You should, the Blacktron sets really stand out. I think both series are good but Blacktron 1 is just a tad better. Both of the Blacktron bases are really good.

Blacktron 1.0 is still my favorite mini figure. I like in the Jang video how he points out how evil they look with the black visors. God, I want a return of that series.

wetwired

The other guys in my LUG who collect classic space have absolutely mammoth collections, multiplies of each. I feel like they've got that covered and I'm more interested in just getting of each set and I figured Blacktron 1 and Blacktron 2 don't have too many sets so it's achievable over time.

+1 for Blacktron. Such an iconic design. And they could get away with just slightly updating the print and giving them new faces. Black never goes out of style.

Blacktron 2 always felt cheap though, like they had a ton of neon green left over after M-Tron and needed to get rid of it.

If I had unlimited cash and space, I'd complete the lines of Futuron, Blacktron, Space Police 1 and M-Tron and set up a huge landscape. Classic Space is classic but kind of quaint. These series were made when Lego started really thinking about design, but before the horrible 90's influences took over. Ice Planet, ok, sure. But SP2 and then Exploriens and later on, such horrible colour schemes.

Blacktron 1 has one of the most menacing minifigs, so awesome. I do agree that the color schemes of the latter themes to be a tad silly. Spyrius seemed like a worthy successor to Blacktron.

Blacktron's Renegade is such a sinister looking ship, I love displaying it.

damnit, i have almost EVERYTHING intact from my BT set, BUT the damn visor is eluding me, so i currently have no completely accurate BT fig, i wonder how much those visors go for on BrickLink, are they ALSO exclusive to BT?

ruxtpin

Banned
My second pet shop is ordered. Ah. Now I just gotta prevent myself from going to TRU to purchase any of the new Ultron sets. I'm guessing they have the TRU tax?

Ponn

Banned
Don't know if anyone else got this email but this is a pretty interesting contest going on from Amazon/yo.yo Sounds like you just enter a picture, no judging just random winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom