• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excusssseeeeee me? I'd like to have some words with you.

Green, red and black. Who came up with that?

In other news, I built the X-Wing tonight. And it's pretty great! Since I'm not that huge a Star Wars fan, this really takes away the need for the UCS. It's so detailed and has so many neat techniques. They really brought their best work to construct this. The only thing really missing is a stand, so I went ahead and built one. Since I never built any Technic stuff, I keep getting spare parts that aren't good for anything else, which is great once you need a stand.

ruxtpin

Banned
Green, red and black. Who came up with that?

I have a fondness for the transgreen. And he trans-fluorescent red from Ice Planet 2002. I keep meaning to go back and buy some of the old SP2, Blacktron 2, and Ice Planet sets I could never afford.

I stopped in and the brick bounty was marked up to 109.99 but everything else was msrp.

I stopped by and got Quinjet 2.0 and the Hulkbuster set. I was tempted to snag one of the new racer sets, but managed to stay strong. I have a $200 delivery of a bunch of other superhero sets coming today. I suppose I got enough to keep me busy. :p

Just found this set for $30 Canadian at Walmart. Hot damn! Silver Mine Shootout was also $30.

70725-1.jpg

They also had the new Marvel sets but I'm just dipping my toe in the water for now (Hulkbuster).

Tuvoc

Went to TRU today to check out the new Speed Champion sets. And as I was perusing the isles I spotted a Hive Crawler all the way in the back of a shelf and when I price checked it, it was on clearance for $38. Naturally I bought it.

I never thought I'd ever be able to find this set, let alone super cheap. Totally made my Saturday!

Went to TRU today to check out the new Speed Champion sets. And as I was perusing the isles I spotted a Hive Crawler all the way in the back of a shelf and when I price checked it, it was on clearance for $38. Naturally I bought it.

I never thought I'd ever be able to find this set, let alone super cheap. Totally made my Saturday!

House pets beware!

The TRU here still has tons and tons of them. If it goes down to about $20 I might have to snag a few more. Man, I love that set.

Let us know what you think of it once done.

Rootbeer

Banned
Those galaxy squad sets keep coming out of nowhere, TRU had a lot of them in the supply chain. I'd love to find more on ultra discount too.

Tuvoc

Anyone know why all the Galaxy Squad sets are on clearance except for the Galactic Titan? After I price checked the Hive Crawler, I did the same with the Galactic Titan but it was still $108.

TRU having warehouses and supply chains are crazy for finding old or out of print sets. I found a random Lego Deadpool set in the middle of last year just sitting on the shelf, box all beat up. $27. I didn't even think twice, Deadpool himself is worth almost as much as the whole set @_@

Couldn't believe my luck, especially after having that set in my hands and putting it back so many times at Target. Made the same mistake with all the Dino sets at TRU and the Monster Fighters zombie set at TRU. My Dark Period was full of stupidity that somehow keeps getting reversed through insane luck now.

Edit: Hahahaha just checked Bricklink and Deadpool ranges from $30-60 alone. That one minifig paid for the entire set, hahahaha.

The hardest part about trying to add a lot of technic gear work to a MOC is planning the logistics of it. I know what I want it to do and what I want it to look like in the end, but damn is it time consuming trying to lay down the framework for the gears and axles to go into. Think I have cracked it, and now to build stuff around it and cover it up.

PSA: Today is the last day to order the Exo-Suit from S@H, before it is officially retired.

I have 2 already. I may snag one more during double VIP points at retail store. They have a ton on the shelves at my LEGO store. I really hope LEGO revisits classic space minifigs in alternate colors in the future. Neo-Classic Space theme please!

Rootbeer

Banned
Is the Hulkbuster set an exclusive? I can't see it on the Lego site. Bummer, it was the only one I wanted to get.
it should be for sale roughly four hours (maybe five?) from now because that's when the march 1st sets should go on sale.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Marvel-Super-Heroes-ByTheme

remember, double VIP is the later half of March so you could also wait until then.

I think the only exclusive one is the Hydra Fortress Smash and it's for Toys R Us (and LEGO stores, of course) -- it's the only set with Quicksilver and he's a must own IMO.

Quicksilver totally stole the show in Days of Future Past and I'm hoping we'll get some equally epic scenes in AoU.

it should be for sale roughly four hours (maybe five?) from now because that's when the march 1st sets should go on sale.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Marvel-Super-Heroes-ByTheme

remember, double VIP is the later half of March so you could also wait until then.

I think the only exclusive one is the Hydra Fortress Smash and it's for Toys R Us (and LEGO stores, of course) -- it's the only set with Quicksilver and he's a must own IMO.

Quicksilver totally stole the show in Days of Future Past and I'm hoping we'll get some equally epic scenes in AoU.

They put up all the March 1st sets today (March 1st in Australia) but the Hulkbuster is missing. I'll wait until the Yanks catch up. :)

I was thinking double points was from the start of March. Damn, I'll have to wait then.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh sorry, my dumb american brain assumes most people are american when they ask those sorts of questions. I wish GAF put people's location near their avatar :p

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Planning to go to Walmart again tomorrow to check for further markdowns on sets. My logic is telling me that with all the new sets coming out on the first, they'll want to try even harder to get rid of the old sets, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm right. I'd really like to get the Milano at <$50 and I'm pretty much open to buying anything else as long as it's a great deal.

3N16MA

Banned
Just found this set for $30 Canadian at Walmart. Hot damn! Silver Mine Shootout was also $30.

They also had the new Marvel sets but I'm just dipping my toe in the water for now (Hulkbuster).

Buy the Hulkbuster at TRU and use the $10 off $40 coupon (CineplexHoliday). Find a filler to bump it to $40.

Vargas

I was going to get the Brick Bounty today but both TRU had them for 109.99 or 127.99. Are they going to go up on S@H in a few hours? I will take the wait if it means saving some cash.

Ponn

Banned
Just finished building Hulkbuster. This Hulk actually isn't too bad up close in person. Scarlet Witch is meh, comes with nice clear flying stand though for future use. Ultron fig is awesome.

Hulkbuster is the shit!!! This here is the new Lex Power Armor set even at $30. Adjusting for inflation. My only gripe with the build is the stud shooters on the one arm. That's easily fixed later though.

Rootbeer

Banned
All march 2015 sets that amazon hid the listings for are now back again. for those that prefer amazon :)

hmm, actually they show up in my wish list now but still you can't click on them. they should go live real soon.

Vargas

Just bought the Brick Bounty, Helicarrier and Ultra Agents helicopter on S@H, it would have been nice if they didn't charge me for the Helicarrier considering it says out of stock for 30 days.

Planning to go to Walmart again tomorrow to check for further markdowns on sets. My logic is telling me that with all the new sets coming out on the first, they'll want to try even harder to get rid of the old sets, so I'm crossing my fingers that I'm right. I'd really like to get the Milano at <$50 and I'm pretty much open to buying anything else as long as it's a great deal.
I found beat up Milano for $55 and Batgirl set for $35.00 at my local Walmart.

Vargas

Lego sent me another email letting me know that it is just an authorization and I won't be charged until the helicarrier ships, I was worried for a second there.

Rootbeer

Banned
Why exactly is the Brick Bounty more expensive than the Black Pearl was back then? It is not licensed and has less pieces, doesn't it?

Same questions could be had for City which is often quite expensive considering it requires no licensing.

Who knows. Wait for sales like the rest of us price conscious AFOLs. :p Non-licensed sets tend to be discounted very frequently throughout their lifespans. These days, since my LEGO collection is already ridiculously big, I might buy 1 or 2 sets from a new theme/wave and hold off on a most others I'm looking for until the right price comes along.

I think I can snag a Brick Bounty for around $75 (or less) by Christmas, no rush here.

Maengun1

Any updates at all on the Kwik-E-Mart set? It's probably coming with the new Simpsons minifigs in May, right? I don't usually pay that much attention to set news before they actually come out, but I was just thinking about how we already have all the Scooby Doo set pics even though they aren't out for 6 months still.

I'm an impatient Simpsons fanatic.

Rootbeer

Banned
Any updates at all on the Kwik-E-Mart set? It's probably coming with the new Simpsons minifigs in May, right? I don't usually pay that much attention to set news before they actually come out, but I was just thinking about how we already have all the Scooby Doo set pics even though they aren't out for 6 months still.

I'm an impatient Simpsons fanatic.

I'm right there with you... I promise, any Simpsons news will be discussed here for sure. I absolutely loved The Simpsons minifigures and The Simpsons House and will definitely be buying Series 2 and anything else they put out for the foreseeable future.

We had a round of leaked minifigures some weeks ago, that's about all that is known so far.

You can see the leaks here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rfi4RQMFKM

Same questions could be had for City which is often quite expensive considering it requires no licensing.

Who knows. Wait for sales like the rest of us price conscious AFOLs. :p Non-licensed sets tend to be discounted very frequently throughout their lifespans. These days, since my LEGO collection is already ridiculously big, I might buy 1 or 2 sets from a new theme/wave and hold off on a most others I'm looking for until the right price comes along.

I think I can snag a Brick Bounty for around $75 (or less) by Christmas, no rush here.

Yeah i always wait for sale on ALL sets, still though, even with a sale, this ship will be more expensive than the BP if you would have gotten that on a sale as well back then (same deal assuming).

Anyway, i did some more digging and it seems according to Brickset the price for the BB IS 99 bucks? strange. It also has roughly 50 pieces less than the Pearl so that is not that huge a difference i guess, adjusting for inflation etc.

wetwired

I'm right there with you... I promise, any Simpsons news will be discussed here for sure. I absolutely loved The Simpsons minifigures and The Simpsons House and will definitely be buying Series 2 and anything else they put out for the foreseeable future.

We had a round of leaked minifigures some weeks ago, that's about all that is known so far.

You can see the leaks here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rfi4RQMFKM

I'm kinda glad they're doing 1 offs each year, if they did a full run of sets in one hit I'd likely not be able to afford them all. Being spaced out and larger sets makes it more likely I'll keep going with the line

Ryuuroden

so double points doesn't start till like the 14th right? I might have to head over anyways just to get the easter set before that sells out.

kitzkozan

On the other hand, the 2015 Ninjago march wave is quite cheap if you look at the brick / cent ratio. I wonder if it's got something to do with sets such as the mechdragon which is being discounted everywhere because it didn't sell well (extremely overpriced since it's 691 pieces for 90$ US or 110 CAD).

Anyway, I'm starting to get a good feel for discounted sets and I know when and where to look for them in my city. :D I've already got more lego bricks than I ever could as a kid lol.

Ironmask

I'm so angry right now, european lego s@h is fooling us with the winter soldier poly only available for the helicarrier purchase (not the usual 55euros purchase) and no hydra fortress set. Italy is the worst since the DC sets eont be sold in stores or amazon.it.
Do i have to mention the ridiculous raise in msrp?

Lego you're really doing your worst

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh I just noticed that the Mini Cooper includes the Lego Separator tool. Is it now free with all sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom