• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

April Calendar for North America:

q8n1hfW.jpg

Ryuuroden

We need a list of useful lego websites posted on the first page with the rest of the stuff. Like that website that does new parts reviews and the one that updates the wall as well as reviews whats new on the wall and the various blogger sites. I lost all my links and now I am trying to rebuild it all again.

My wife is out shopping and said she'd hit Target for me to see if any of the sets from last week dropped any further in price. I'd like that X-Men set!

Wife grabbed the X-Men set for $30. Cheap enough for me to pick up, but too expensive to buy multiples.

Also, the Agent stuff is still there and has all been marked down another 10-15% from last week when I picked them up. If they continue to drop, I may grab multiples later.

8654 scuderia ferrari truck $30

3221 lego City Truck $20

3661 bank & Money transfer $25

4435 car & caravan $10

7635 4wd with horse trailer $12

7990 City Cement Mixer $10

7630 Front Loader $6

7631 dump truck $10

7638 tow truck $6

7639 camper $10

7991 City Recycle Truck $10

The older Scuderia is huge. Now I can skip the new one.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Stopped by Walmart again today to check on clearance. I don't think there were any new markdowns, but I checked the TMNT stuff which I skipped last time and the Turtle Van Takedown, which I've had my eye on for a while, was $19 so I bought that. Pretty happy about that price.
The Sub Under Sea Chase was also heavily discounted to $30, which puts it at something like $0.04 per piece, but I just couldn't find any redeeming qualities in that set, so I passed on it.
All the other TMNT sets (except for the underground lair) were clearanced as well, but the other discounts weren't anything too crazy.

Also, looks like all the Milanos sold out, so there goes my hope for getting it at an even cheaper clearance price.

Just wondering, do you get any money for having a design become an actual set on Lego Ideas or does Lego get all the money for your idea? That would be kind of lame.

Stopped by Walmart again today to check on clearance. I don't think there were any new markdowns, but I checked the TMNT stuff which I skipped last time and the Turtle Van Takedown, which I've had my eye on for a while, was $19 so I bought that. Pretty happy about that price.
The Sub Under Sea Chase was also heavily discounted to $30, which puts it at something like $0.04 per piece, but I just couldn't find any redeeming qualities in that set, so I passed on it.
All the other TMNT sets (except for the underground lair) were clearanced as well, but the other discounts weren't anything too crazy.

Also, looks like all the Milanos sold out, so there goes my hope for getting it at an even cheaper clearance price.

I just got the Turtle Van as well, and it's pretty crazy how expensive it used to be, for a set that's rather mundane. Weird colours overall, but it turns out there's plenty of usable parts.

I was a little surprised though to see that the set comes in two completely separate designs. One has the train cart undercarriage and one builds a Technic base (mine was the latter). It's weird, does Lego ever overhaul a set like that? I'd thought they'd have enough for the wave and then phase it out.

Edit: Nevermind, I was talking about the non-movie version of the turtle van: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/79104_The_Shellraiser_Street_Chase

Kipp

It's such a shame that the TMNT sets are all pretty bad. I really want to like them, but the Turtle Van Takedown is the only one that interests me at all. There was so much potential in the theme.

Ponn

Banned
Hmmm unsure what to buy once March rolls around, so many choices...

Helicarrier
Pet Shop
Mixels

and debating Quinjet 2.0 and couple other Avengers sets or Tumbler or Palace Cinema

Exo Suit is still available on Amazon. Still debating on getting it or not.

Got the Hulkbuster, and it is a wonderful set. Such a great thing for just $30.

The more I play with the set, the more I love it. I still need the Brainiac set, but so far this is the new Lex Power Armor.

Helicarrier
Pet Shop
Mixels

and debating Quinjet 2.0 and couple other Avengers sets or Tumbler or Palace Cinema

Quinjet, bro. Gotta get it. Besides, how else are you going to get Vision?

Helicarrier
Pet Shop
Mixels

I hope Pet Shop is decided. It won't be around for much longer, and it's great. Also, Palace Cinema is probably safe for now but after this year, who knows?

Jimbro72

I would have preferred to have waited until double VIP but didn't want to risk missing out on the Easter set, so I went with a couple of those, series 4 mixels and the Shadow Troopers set to get it up to free shipping. Still undecided on what to get later this month during double pts.

Ponn

Banned
The new LEGO Store grand opening set:

This is the only good thing about not having a Lego Store in my city. It's a big city (Jacksonville) and has the potential of getting a store eventually so I can get one of these. Also I would love to apply for a part time job to get that awesome discount.

TLG is killing it with minifigs & accessories these days. I got the B-Wing on discount earlier this month and the figures are just so good. Love the pilot's helmet.
Although I have the B-Wing UCS I have thought about getting the regular set just for the minifigs. The ship itself is so meh compared to the UCS though so i haven't done it yet.

ghostmind

Although I have the B-Wing UCS I have thought about getting the regular set just for the minifigs. The ship itself is so meh compared to the UCS though so i haven't done it yet.

I've wondered why they stuck a Gray Squadron pilot, who is a Y-Wing pilot, in the B-Wing set. Not that it isn't appreciated, as that minifig has a terrific helmet print.

In fact, all of the recent rebel pilots look great:

7OaMiWu.jpg
w2ryWfs.jpg
tUHq7mi.jpg
djp0y1Q.jpg

It's such a shame that the TMNT sets are all pretty bad. I really want to like them, but the Turtle Van Takedown is the only one that interests me at all. There was so much potential in the theme.

Agreed, the Turtle minifigs themselves are awesome, but the sets are very bleh.

^^ That is incredible! So much balancing.

I loved the Hulkbuster set. Agreed on all counts, the mech is fantastic and I actually enjoy the launchers.

TLG is killing it with minifigs & accessories these days. I got the B-Wing on discount earlier this month and the figures are just so good. Love the pilot's helmet.

Whenever I see that B-Wing pilot with the pink visor, I think of the Psylocke (ninja version) with the pink glow around her eyes.

Thanks for checking. Since this year's sets look to be celebrating "occassions", rather thans "seasons", I wonder if the rest of them will be "Thanksgiving", "Halloween", and "Christmas".
We've been speculating that there'll be a 4th of July "summer" set, but otherwise I'd guess you're right and they'll follow the same release pattern as last year with themed scenes instead of themed animals.

Jimbro72

We've been speculating that there'll be a 4th of July "summer" set, but otherwise I'd guess you're right and they'll follow the same release pattern as last year with themed scenes instead of themed animals.

That would be nice as there is such a long wait in between the Easter one and the fall when the Halloween and Thanksgiving ones hit. They need something in that 6 month gap in between and other than the 4th, that you mentioned, there isn't much else that seems to work unless they did like a little graduation scene in a couple of months but that's not really a holiday, which these seem to be more centered around.

Ryuuroden

Thanks for checking. Since this year's sets look to be celebrating "occassions", rather thans "seasons", I wonder if the rest of them will be "Thanksgiving", "Halloween", and "Christmas".

Well hmmm considering they do Thanksgiving, I wonder if there will be a USA centric 4th of July. It's possible. What would be cooler and give more broad distribution would be if they did a summer theme May the 4th set with some star wars tie in :p. I would like to see a Saint Patrick's Day set myself.

ghostmind

Well hmmm considering they do Thanksgiving, I wonder if there will be a USA centric 4th of July. It's possible. What would be cooler and give more broad distribution would be if they did a summer theme May the 4th set with some star wars tie in :p. I would like to see a Saint Patrick's Day set myself.

jDzIZni.jpg

I absolutely adore the Speed Champions sets. I picked up the Ferrari GT and the Porsche 918 Spyder.

16688376465_ac8d9e6823_c.jpg

Sticker sheet from HELL!

16687042181_ff479ccbcc_c.jpg

16500791218_f6c56b5346_c.jpg

16662427976_43b208db01_c.jpg

16662429636_a4407483d2_c.jpg

16502244139_bc2cf17444_c.jpg

16068429053_397e0d362b_c.jpg

16687356192_7e296d95fd_c.jpg

I was shocked that the Ferrari actually had two instruction books for a 151 piece set.

Ryuuroden

I absolutely adore the Speed Champions sets. I picked up the Ferrari GT and the Porsche 918 Spyder.

I was shocked that the Ferrari actually had two instruction books for a 151 piece set.

I have to admit, The Ferrari looks pretty f'in sweet with all the stickers.

Helicarrier
Pet Shop
Mixels

I thought the Exo suit was one of the best sets last year. I understand the complaints that its sort of fragile but to me it wasn't an issue.

Kipp

Two-thirds finished building the Turtle Van Takedown. I really, really dig this set so far. It's exactly what I was hoping it would be. A really chunky, solid vehicle. Also, the little set piece/side build thing ended up being cooler than I was expecting.
I'd highly recommend it if you can find it on clearance. I'd still be hesitant to recommend it at the $40 MSRP, but at $20 it's a fantastic set.

Man, clearance LEGO season is the best.

Also, has anyone modded a Kool-Aid Man minifig out of this dude?

That set was $13 at Walmart and I kinda wanted it just for that fig. All I can think of when I see him is the Kool-Aid Man.

It is dwarfed by the UCS, yeah. As someone who has no recollection of the ship from Jedi it's quickly turned into one of my favorite designs. I may leave the 2014 version intact and try to source some older ones for a B-Wing vignette through the ages.

I've wondered why they stuck a Gray Squadron pilot, who is a Y-Wing pilot, in the B-Wing set. Not that it isn't appreciated, as that minifig has a terrific helmet print.

In fact, all of the recent rebel pilots look great:

The A-Wing pilot still may be my favorite SW fig yet. It is such a fully fleshed out fig.

Fantomex

Question for you guys. Do you ever buy something, keep it new and then return it and buy it again during double VIP points? I'm just worried about stuff selling out beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom