• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quinjet v1 thrusters are money, the big shield logos on the wings are nice and big, and the wings are more substantial, especially the tips. V2 is sleeker, has cleaner lines, and has the nice dark blue pieces. When in doubt, get both, but you can't go wrong with either one.

ghostmind

A new polybag with a micro-scale Phantom (from Star Wars Rebels), as well as a wristband and sticker sheet, is being given away with purchase at LEGOland Florida. No info on whether the other LEGOland locations are participating.

Pug0iSL.jpg

Caladrius

Thank's to Zulithe's warning I was able to snag one of the last 2 Hulkbuster sets at TRU. I like the set quite a bit, and the Hulk figure has grown on me. Trying to figure out how to give the hip joints on the Hulkbuster satisfactory articulation though.

Also the Ultron Prime in the set doesn't seem to look anything like UP does in the actual film. What's up with that? I thought it was just a bad conversion to minifigure form at first, but on closer comparison the features don't match up at all.

ruxtpin

Banned
I'd be so tempted to just run to the machine making the pieces I needed since they'd be - literally - piping hot and build right there.

Experien

A new polybag with a micro-scale Phantom (from Star Wars Rebels), as well as a wristband and sticker sheet, is being given away with purchase at LEGOland Florida. No info on whether the other LEGOland locations are participating.

Pug0iSL.jpg

I kind of want that but won't be in Florida for about a month :/

It must be close to 15 years since I last bought a Lego set, and I am now very close to jumping back in. I manage to locate a UCS Star Destroyer that I might be able grab for a reasonable price. Does anyone here have this set? I have seen some pictures and it looks pretty impressive, it might even be my personal favorite of all the UCS pieces. Anyone have any impressions to share? How does it compare to the other UCS pieces?

It has been a couple of weeks since I made this post, but the thing finally showed up on my doorstep today!

It has been a couple of weeks since I made this post, but the thing finally showed up on my doorstep today!
Super jealous. I have heard it is rather fragile though. Of all the UCS I have missed, that is the one I want the most. Yes, more than the UCS Falcon.

Super jealous. I have heard it is rather fragile though. Of all the UCS I have missed, that is the one I want the most. Yes, more than the UCS Falcon.

same here :( I also believe it DOES look better than the SSD but alas... we shall never be able to claim this set for ourselves :( (unless i win the lottery that is)

I just finished the X-Men Blackbird set. It was surprisingly solid. The minifigs are great. Storm might be the best Super Hero fig ever.

My bootleg Wolverine looks great in the Blackbird with Cyclops.

I just finished the X-Men Blackbird set. It was surprisingly solid. The minifigs are great. Storm might be the best Super Hero fig ever.

I almost snagged that at Target yesterday, but it was still $35. Same with Joker Steamroller. It seemed only Chima and Ultra Agents got the 50% discount here.

It is a bit fragile in a few places but if you don't plan to move it, it's ok. It's definitely not swooshable. LOL

To 1138, a bit of advice. The inner technic framework in the front will bend/sag over time as there is too much weight with not enough support. I beefed up the framework with additional braces and 2 x 6 (or 8) plates. You'll know what I mean when you finish the inner frame. Mine hasn't had any issues with sagging because of this. And most of all, have fun!

I was very disappointed when I went to redeem my Build-A-Minifig coupon from the LEGO calendar. Manager told me a few weeks ago it was for a whole BAM pack (3 minifigs). I was pleasantly surprised as I thought it was for only 1 minifig. Turns out coupon is only for 1 minifig. :( I would have been fine if I never got the idea it was for 3. Oh well, free is free.

Baller! Street price for that used is around the same price as 6-7 moduler sets.
Congrats! I'm settling for the most recent one with the minifigs.

OK Phoney PhoncipleBone, what have you done with the real PhoncipleBone? I can't believe what I'm reading.

Someone's teenage crush on Storm is manifesting on the Storm minifig
I'm talking about me, not you. :)

The joke is too subtle for me. Doesn't the set come with Wolverine? Or is the joke that you can't tell the difference?

Ponn

Banned
Select games are going on sale on PSN today. LEGO Marvel is going to be $5 on both PS3 & PS4.

Welp, guess I should go ahead and get Lego Marvel on PS4 so I have it on all 3, PS3, Vita already have.

Anyone play Lego Hobbit? Worth it or wait till its cheaper? I heard it doesnt go through all 3 movies and it looks like they won't complete it with DLC or anything.

B_NVdHnWsAAJTRh.jpg

Got some good lego deals at Walgreens, as well as the first Age of Ultron set within my budget range.

They had the tower at Walmart but it's a bit too high for what it contains IMO.

No joke! The bootleg looks great with the set.

Bonus pic of Storm in action in my modular city.

Ah, the bootleg with a more recent version of Wolverine's costume. I forgot about that bootleg and was thinking of the other bootleg with the same brown costume.
You're mixing timelines! You have 2000's Wolverine instead of the 80's Wolverine.

Post a battle damaged modular city photo next. :)

OK Phoney PhoncipleBone, what have you done with the real PhoncipleBone? I can't believe what I'm reading.

It always looked like a fantastic model and not a LEGO set. It had just the right amount of detail, and was also absolutely massive. I could also probably find a place to put it unlike the Falcon.

On the want scale, I would say the UCS Star Destroyer is a 9.99, with the Falcon being 9.98 or so. The only thing that makes me hesitant about the SD is the supposed fragility, which is something that can be easily fixed with a redesign.

Jimbro72

The fragility of the ISD comes mostly from the 4 large hull panels and how they connect to the frame. If I remember correctly, it only use a few 2x2 points to connect and some small magnets per each panel. More than sturdy enough for having it on display but too much handling and moving of it can certainly make those lower panels pop off at the magnet points of connection.

And regarding the dropping front end, I didn't think mine has it as its not noticeable when looking at it normally but looking at it right down the nose of it and you can definitely see where the front end has a little sag to it. Probably expected after being built for 10+ yrs, two moves and an extended stay in storage, where it stayed built.

Trying to MOC up a more movie-accurate Hulk Buster but there's a little problem:

I want the back reactors to only have 1 stud of space down the middle, but I can't figure out a structurally sound way to do that.

It's also coming out larger than I wanted... oh well.

--

... well, shit. Went to eat and came back to find my PC turned off for some reason and lost the build. :/

Trying to MOC up a more movie-accurate Hulk Buster but there's a little problem:

I want the back reactors to only have 1 stud of space down the middle, but I can't figure out a structurally sound way to do that.

It's also coming out larger than I wanted... oh well.

--

... well, shit. Went to eat and came back to find my PC turned off for some reason and lost the build. :/
Jumper plates on the back to attach the hinges of the reactors. It will offset them enough and move them closer together.

ghostmind

just2good reviews 10684 Supermarket Suitcase:

http://youtu.be/6Mkx-LONu_g

A lot of people are going to pass on this set because it is from the Juniors theme (and comes in a bright pink suitcase), but it is a goldmine for rare and exclusive prints.

Qafuc6F.jpg

zS1hn3x.jpg

This set feels like "what if Friends had gone with minifigs?"

just2good reviews 10684 Supermarket Suitcase:

http://youtu.be/6Mkx-LONu_g

A lot of people are going to pass on this set because it is from the Juniors theme (and comes in a bright pink suitcase), but it is a goldmine for rare and exclusive prints.

[snip]

This set feels like "what if Friends had gone with minifigs?"

Oh man, awesome. I was just noticing that tonight while stocking, didn't LOOK at it just noticed it was a new suitcase. They're like $19.99 right? $24.99? Seems like the cheapest way to get a cat (without BrickLinking), but those 1x1 bricks with the milk/orange juice carton prints on them are brilliant. Gotta add that set to my wish list.

Speaking of cats, I've become increasingly obsessed with Lego animals. Is there a list somewhere of all the animals they've ever made?

Off the top of my head:

Dog (dalmatian, german shepherd, husky, great dane)
Standing Cat (tabby, grey)
Other Pose Cat (white)
Rat (grey)
Monkey (CMF version and old Minifig version)
Crocodile (dot eyes & printed eyes)
Bear (polar, brown)
Snake (green, red, CMF cobra)
Bird (grey, parrot colored)
Shark (grey, white, grey with printed eyes, saw-tooth, saw-tooth with printed eyes, black?)
Octopus (black, red)
Stingray (black)
Crab (orange)
Fish (silver)
Pig (pink, muddy)
Cow (brown)
Horse (white, black, brown)
Chicken (white)
Camel
Elephant

Are there more? Have there ever been [non Friends] rabbits? Sheep, goats, ducks?

And of course there's also dragons and dinosaurs but I'm talking just about existing present-day regular animals.

Time to MOC me up an Ark!

Edit: OMG THERE IS A GOAT why is it so expensive!?!?!

Oh man, awesome. I was just noticing that tonight while stocking, didn't LOOK at it just noticed it was a new suitcase. They're like $19.99 right? $24.99? Seems like the cheapest way to get a cat (without BrickLinking), but those 1x1 bricks with the milk/orange juice carton prints on them are brilliant. Gotta add that set to my wish list.

Speaking of cats, I've become increasingly obsessed with Lego animals. Is there a list somewhere of all the animals they've ever made?

Off the top of my head:

Other Pose Cat (white)
Rat (grey)
Bear (polar, brown)
Shark (grey, white, grey with printed eyes, saw-tooth, saw-tooth with printed eyes, black?)
Octopus (black, red)
Stingray (black)
Crab (orange)
Fish (silver)
Pig (pink, muddy)
Cow (brown)
Chicken (white)
Camel
Elephant

Are there more? Have there ever been [non Friends] rabbits? Sheep, goats, ducks?

And of course there's also dragons and dinosaurs but I'm talking just about existing present-day regular animals.

Don't remind me that LEGO still hasn't done a zoo theme. I smell it...it will happen eventually.

Goat is expensive because it only came with 1 set. When looking at minifigs and animals, you can see what sets they came in on Bricklink and Brickset.
Skimmed your list. There's a brown chicken too. Pearl silver one too in The LEGO Movie Getaway Glider.
White cow with black spots too. It was too expensive so I opted for the cheaper brown one via bricklink.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=96089pb01&in=S

Off the top of my head:

Other Pose Cat (white)
Rat (grey)
Bear (polar, brown)
Octopus (black, red)
Stingray (black)
Crab (orange)
Fish (silver)
Pig (pink, muddy)
Cow (brown)
Chicken (white)
Camel
Elephant

The goat is expensive? I need to make sure my girlfriend never, ever loses hers. Mill village raid was one of our first sets. We got into this hobby just in time to get it and medieval market village.

EDIT: I checked bricklink. oh my god. 20 dollars a goat? Farm set for lego castle 2016 please.

ghostmind

Off the top of my head:

Other Pose Cat (white)
Rat (grey)
Bear (polar, brown)
Octopus (black, red)
Stingray (black)
Crab (orange)
Fish (silver)
Pig (pink, muddy)
Cow (brown)
Chicken (white)
Camel
Elephant

Yep, the suitcase is $20USD.

I've collected most of the animals - the ones that are missing from your list, that haven't been mentioned already:

Bat
Seagull
Owls
Ant
Bunny
Wolf
Chihuahua
Frogs
Scorpions
Clams
Giant Oyster
Crabs (red, orange)
Rats (brown, white)
Dolphin
Fish (sand green, orange, grey)
Jellyfish
Giant Shark
Starfish (Orange, yellow, green, purple)

Also there are all the Friends animals, but most of them don't fit well in minifig-based displays.

Wow thanks for the replies everyone. So many animals!!! I agree Lego needs to do some kind of Zoo or Circus or Safari theme. Duplo has done so many of them, there's one that actually just came out with ducks and deer and all kinds of forest animals. Lego REALLY needs to get on that! I'd even take some kind of City Away From City theme where it's all farm sets.

Mill Village Raid looks AMAZING. And it comes with TWO goats!! Since they're $20 each, and the set seems to go for around $80-90, it seems best to just buy the set. The barn and windmill look great and could super easily be MOC'd to fit into my dream Halloween Town theme, and it comes with two goats, a pig, a horse, and three chickens.

I always get so mad when I find out about these incredible sets that I completely missed during my stupid Dark Period. Argh!

Animals I think we should get someday:

Farm: Ducks and sheep, maybe use the husky mould and paint it black and white to make a collie? And a turkey! They're always eating them, where do they come from??
Circus/Zoo: A lion, a seal, gorilla? (we already have camel, elephant, maybe bear).
Sea: A whale (orca, probably, since it'd be smallest, maybe Dewback sized) and a lobster, hammerhead shark, I'd like a regular grey dolphin with old-style dot eyes too.
Forest/Swamp: Turtle, deer, squirrel, rabbit, moose (OMFG I want another Forest Ranger theme but CANADIAN MOUNTIES)

I totally hate the printed eyes they're putting on all the animals now. I know I've voiced this before but after really looking at the new sharks in the Pirates sets, man I hate them so much. Old dot eyes fit the style of Lego SO perfectly and now they're all just ugly angry printed eyes.

I agree about Ocean animals, how awesome would a sea/aquarium based set be? There are endless untapped possibilities here... Actually, brb checking Lego Ideas for Aquarium based sets!

Also: After watching the spectacular Spider-Man yesterday i really feel like grabbing a minifig Green Goblin, wasn't there a set announced with him in this thread recently or am i going nuts?

For all your Lego animal needs, check out Jang's custom zoo MOC. He has a huge aquarium in there as well, with pretty much every mold known to man.

For all your Lego animal needs, check out Jang's custom zoo MOC. He has a huge aquarium in there as well, with pretty much every mold known to man.

I've seen his aquarium.... but that's Jang! It still won't give me an aquarium based set i can just buy in order to get a hold of all those fishies :(

Experien

Welp, guess I should go ahead and get Lego Marvel on PS4 so I have it on all 3, PS3, Vita already have.

Anyone play Lego Hobbit? Worth it or wait till its cheaper? I heard it doesnt go through all 3 movies and it looks like they won't complete it with DLC or anything.

I actually have! Bought awhile back for $28 on Wii U. My gf and I love it, we also love the Hobbit/LotR movies. Probably the best LEGO game outside of City Undercover (never played Batman 3) because of the building, looting, open environment, etc.

They are/were supposed to do the last movie as DLC and I've been bugging them but nothing has been said. You still got a TON of game in it without the 3rd movie.

Theonik

It is! I still need to finish repairs/modifications on mine some of the technic frame bricks have bent over time on mine.

I actually have! Bought awhile back for $28 on Wii U. My gf and I love it, we also love the Hobbit/LotR movies. Probably the best LEGO game outside of City Undercover (never played Batman 3) because of the building, looting, open environment, etc.

They are/were supposed to do the last movie as DLC and I've been bugging them but nothing has been said. You still got a TON of game in it without the 3rd movie.

huh?

How many Lego games have you played other than those 2? How would you say it compares to those, especially Lego LOTR which was probably my favorite apart from LCU (which i am currently going through and is awesome).

I was afraid Hobbit was just gonna be a simple retread of LOTR, is the quest based system still in there?

Yep, the suitcase is $20USD.

I've collected most of the animals - the ones that are missing from your list, that haven't been mentioned already:

Bat
Seagull
Owls
Ant
Bunny
Wolf
Chihuahua
Frogs
Scorpions
Clams
Giant Oyster
Crabs (red, orange)
Rats (brown, white)
Dolphin
Fish (sand green, orange, grey)
Jellyfish
Giant Shark
Starfish (Orange, yellow, green, purple)

Also there are all the Friends animals, but most of them don't fit well in minifig-based displays.

Did anybody mention Ostriches yet?

Ostriches!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom