• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i finally got my BrickLink order with a couple of still missing CMF 2,3 and 5 i ordered and look who was in there!!

Get away from me you freak!

D6wWx92.jpg

Eeeeewwww

oXPONCS.jpg

Look who it was all along

3mzUgJZ.jpg

This guy was expensive but worth it, since he instantly shot up into my Top 10 CMFs i think :) Also, that Lizard tail (and helmet for that matter) seems to be a pretty rare mold...

Thrak360

Neo Member
That Joker steamroller set is clearance at most US Targets for $25, down from $50.

Quite a bit of price variance, even between Target stores a few miles from each other. I could only find the steamroller set for $35. Also one Target had the X-Men Sentinel set for $35, the other had it for a little over $42.

Also found some stuff at Walmart clearance. Bought Heroica Fortaan for $15, and Technic Desert Racer for $5.

Andrin

Yep, the suitcase is $20USD.

I've collected most of the animals - the ones that are missing from your list, that haven't been mentioned already:

Bat
Seagull
Owls
Ant
Bunny
Wolf
Chihuahua
Frogs
Scorpions
Clams
Giant Oyster
Crabs (red, orange)
Rats (brown, white)
Dolphin
Fish (sand green, orange, grey)
Jellyfish
Giant Shark
Starfish (Orange, yellow, green, purple)

Also there are all the Friends animals, but most of them don't fit well in minifig-based displays.

There are also a pair of dark grey crocodiles that were only released with the Temple of Anubis set from the old Adventurers line.

Also, hi again!
I popped into this thread back when it started late last autumn and was subsequently drowned in my studies, so I haven't really been able to post anything. I did start to buy more LEGO than I probably should've though, so updates to follow later tonight on that!

So i finally got my BrickLink order with a couple of still missing CMF 2,3 and 5 i ordered and look who was in there!!

Get away from me you freak!

D6wWx92.jpg

Eeeeewwww

oXPONCS.jpg

Look who it was all along

3mzUgJZ.jpg

This guy was expensive but worth it, since he instantly shot up into my Top 10 CMFs i think :) Also, that Lizard tail (and helmet for that matter) seems to be a pretty rare mold...

Totally worth it! It's a fun minifig. You need to add Scooby Doo and gang to that last photo when they are available.

8425024680_c46d2d6006_n.jpg
8179070204_0b00e11fc5_n.jpg
Microzilla! by Bent Bricks, on Flickr

Quite a bit of price variance, even between Target stores a few miles from each other. I could only find the steamroller set for $35. Also one Target had the X-Men Sentinel set for $35, the other had it for a little over $42.

Also found some stuff at Walmart clearance. Bought Heroica Fortaan for $15, and Technic Desert Racer for $5.

Bro. Those are prices i don't even dare to DREAM of here :( (Eu getting screwed as usual)

I am considering getting this one if it's like 50 euro (discounted of it's original price of 64 euro which is still like 70something bucks ugh)

I was just at Target a few minutes ago and Sentinel set and Joker Steamroller were still $35. The only Sentinel set they had left was hidden in the back of other sets and didn't even have a clearance tag on it. In other words, wait long enough and go grab it since they missed tagging it the first time.

robochimp

I was just at Target a few minutes ago and Sentinel set and Joker Steamroller were still $35. The only Sentinel set they had left was hidden in the back of other sets and didn't even have a clearance tag on it. In other words, wait long enough and go grab it since they missed tagging it the first time.

Or someone put it there for when it drops out of the system, at which point they'll grab. It's you vs them.

Or someone put it there for when it drops out of the system, at which point they'll grab. It's you vs them.

Eh. I am not losing sleep over it. I almost snagged it since it was the last one, and to possibly stop someone else that was hiding it. I just put it back where I found it after price checking it. I will check again this weekend.

My Pirates sets arrived earlier than expected! I've just finished building The Brick Bounty. It's a pretty nice ship overall. I'm not a huge fan of the red + dark tan colours, but the build is quite okay. It's no BSB and it's certainly no Imperial Flagship, but not too bad for a smaller ship. Also, it comes with all the nautical pieces you'd expect, so there's always the possibility to build something greater...

It's also a big improvement on Pirate Ship Ambush, if we're comparing recent ships.

Oh, and the figures are great. Captain Redbeard and the cabin boy are perfect reimaginings of the 1989 characters. I don't see why the bluecoats needed three figures in this set (all crammed into the rowboat), but I'll redistribute them properly once I build all the sets.

Experien

huh?

How many Lego games have you played other than those 2? How would you say it compares to those, especially Lego LOTR which was probably my favorite apart from LCU (which i am currently going through and is awesome).

I was afraid Hobbit was just gonna be a simple retread of LOTR, is the quest based system still in there?

I've played more than two, the only one of the "recent" releases I haven't played is Batman.

The quest based system (find tools in missions to give people, blacksmith items to give people, costume change quests) and LEGO builds are all in there. The dwarf team-up actions can be cool unless you are exploring 2 different sections of Middle Earth. You can fast-travel with hawks or ride horses/ponies/wargs around too. After you beat levels, you can explore small parts of the world so you don't have to wait until end of the game.

Been playing tons with my gf on Wii U (mmm, GamePad screen), almost near completion (88%). They do the voices like LotR but the animation humor is good.

love that Godzilla one :)

How did you fix the flame piece in there though? (his mouth)

Trick photography. Minfig is holding the flame piece and I just angled the shot so it looks like it's coming from the mouth.

Not sure if anyone posted it yet. Here is a crappy picture of the Kwik-e-Mart set.

Leaked Kwik-e-Mart pic

Nice. I'm likely passing on the Simpson's house, but I think I'm leaning towards getting this one.

Even though I am not a fan of the Simpsons, I would be very tempted to buy that, depending on the price. I think it looks a lot better than the Simpsons house, easily.

Probably not getting it, but it would certainly be easier to mod it into a modular landscape than the Simpsons house.

Also: Paul McCartney minifig = instabuy!

Even though I'm likely passing on the Simpsons house, I think it looks fine. I think it's fairly accurate (minus the part of the house above the garage). It's just the house is pretty plain looking on the outside as is the cartoon version.

Both Simpson's house and Kwik-e Mart are fairly simple shapes. I find the Kwik-e Mart a bit more appealing because I can see a lot more uses for it. We don't see many convenience store sets if any, but there have been many house sets..

Maengun1

Since we can't see the full minifig line-up pic, I'm going to unreasonably hope for a frozen Jasper minifig to put in one of the coolers.

Since we can't see the full minifig line-up pic, I'm going to unreasonably hope for a frozen Jasper minifig to put in one of the coolers.

I suspect we won't get a frozen Jasper (or a sidewalk for regular walkin'), but I bet we get Moon Pies on printed tiles.

Can you see that I am serious?

Kito

The Tumbler. I've been on the fence for weeks, but after seeing it irl in the Lego store, it's bloody amazing. No picture or video did it justice for me. *purchases*

leng jai

The Tumbler. I've been on the fence for weeks, but after seeing it irl in the Lego store, it's bloody amazing. No picture or video did it justice for me. *purchases*

It's a beastly set with an incredible TDK Joker minifig. The only issue I have with it is the terrible amount of stickers it has in the interior. My favourite set last year aside from the Parisian Restaurant.

I had to buy two of those on Bricklink when I first came out of my dark ages. Just checked Bricklink, they still aren't too expensive.

Yeah the entire set they're from can still be found for under $20.

I think I had a dream about getting that Mill Raid set last night. Uh oh. >_<

I really want those goats.

wetwired

I feel we need a "once you've gone black you'll never go back" pic for the tumbler

wetwired

Just picked up the Bizarro DVD with Batzarro, $16! Bargain considering the minifig runs for $20 minimum on bricklink ($AUD)

3N16MA

Banned
Where from?

If you're in the U.S. you can pick up the DVD for $15 at Walmart or the Blu-Ray for $18 at Amazon/Best Buy. $18 and $23 in Canada.

EDIT: Lego Batman: The Movie &#8211; DC Super Heroes Unite is also a good deal considering the minifig goes for $15+.

I know this will go on deaf ears here semi, but should apply to people who do minifig/mech MOCs:

The last Hero Factory sets (invasion from below) have a pod that holds minifigs/minifig-sized characters. I was wondering if the back clip on section for this pod, where it holds the figure and the see through plastic front window, if it has been released in colors other than light green or light orange?

I can't seem to find it in other colors.

I know this will go on deaf ears here semi, but should apply to people who do minifig/mech MOCs:

The last Hero Factory sets (invasion from below) have a pod that holds minifigs/minifig-sized characters. I was wondering if the back clip on section for this pod, where it holds the figure and the see through plastic front window, if it has been released in colors other than light green or light orange?

I can't seem to find it in other colors.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=15354&ccName=6056350

This one? Looks like red as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom