• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo. Moving in about 3 months is a guarantee. I've already started to put backlog into larger boxes for easier moving. I think I'm already over my keeping the boxes phase. At first I was like, "keeping the box could help resale value!" ... but now I'm like, "please, I ain't selling any of this."

Break down the boxes, pack those boxes in other boxes. I still have all mine packed into two larger flat boxes.

ruxtpin

Banned
Break down the boxes, pack those boxes in other boxes. I still have all mine packed into two larger flat boxes.

I thought about it. That's what I did when moving to the place I'm at now, but realistically I'm not going to sell most of my stuff. And if I do, I'll either part it out or take the hit on the sale when I don't have the box.

just2good reviews the Juniors set - 10677 Beach Trip:

http://youtu.be/PL1G00benfw

VbElT7O.jpg

cDR5PbV.jpg

Exclusive prints and the rare Chihuahua from CMF10.

Ten bucks!

That's a good deal especially if double VIP points or on sale. I'll be getting one, but will wait for double VIP or better sale.

Top would make a great bathing suit for Marge Simpson.

EDIT: This must be LEGO's gateway into larger sets. Sell a nice set for a good impulse buy price, then hook the kids.

Ryuuroden

It's my boyfriend's birthday on Saturday and he really wanted the new Slave 1 set. Unfortunately I've left it a bit late, and now I can't get it anywhere.

The only other thing he wants is the Death Star, so it looks like I might have to shell out a bit more and get this instead.

Getting the Death Star as a birthday present from a girlfriend would be for me a "you need to ask this girl to marry you, don't lose her, shes the one" type event for me. That would be an incredible present to receive.

Getting the Death Star as a birthday present from a girlfriend would be for me a "you need to ask this girl to marry you, don't lose her, shes the one" type event for me. That would be an incredible present to receive.

I got the SSD for my bday a couple years back :) Needless to say that also marked my emergence of the dark ages (we were already married though if i recall correctly )

Kito

This recent Forbes article on CMF was very painful to read.

S14 has not been announced - hardly 'on the way' either when Simpsons #2 is first. S13 stock is dwindling? Just wow. His 'research' on character rarity was buying boxes and counting them... info that is readily available EVERYWHERE online - the eurobrick review is the fifth result on Google. His research reveals higher third party priced minifigs had a fewer count in the boxes. What a massive revelation! All he did was spoil his children rotten with 120 minifig packets in one sitting.

I get even more hopeful for the article when he talks 'feedback' from others. Will he mention the feeling method? Or even bump codes? Nope. His methods are:

1. Buy a bag on Amazon and hope for the best (without warning that employees may have harvested the rares)
2, 3. Buy from third parties :|

ghostmind

This recent Forbes article on CMF was very painful to read.

S14 has not been announced - hardly 'on the way' either when Simpsons #2 is first. S13 stock is dwindling? Just wow. His 'research' on character rarity was buying boxes and counting them... info that is readily available EVERYWHERE online - the eurobrick review is the fifth result on Google. His research reveals higher third party priced minifigs had a fewer count in the boxes. What a massive revelation! All he did was spoil his children rotten with 120 minifig packets in one sitting.

I get even more hopeful for the article when he talks 'feedback' from others. Will he mention the feeling method? Or even bump codes? Nope. His methods are:

1. Buy a bag on Amazon and hope for the best (without warning that employees may have harvested the rares)
2, 3. Buy from third parties :|

CMF14 was shown at the recent Toy Fair NY, albeit without showing the actual minifigs.

Thanks to a leak however, we have already seen the majority of the CMF14 minifigs.

His constant referral to buying them on Amazon however, is a bad idea. Which I guess is the point of the article. But I guess for your average parent who is not into LEGO, the concept of Bricklink is too frightening. I do wonder why he didn't mention eBay though.

In his own roundabout way, he does say his preferred method is through bag-feeling and dot codes at retail, though I gave up on dot codes a long time ago, as they became unreliable.

ruxtpin

Banned
"Forbes contributor" - ho ho ho.

Also, this particular author condones THE KRAGLE: http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrob...er-gluing-lego-aids-play-but-limits-learning/

I was surprised to learn folks actually go for that "technique." To me it makes sense on huge outside display pieces, where weather and people attempting to take pieces could be a problem, but I'd never super-glue my own stuff. But my old supervisor was talking about the SSD and said if he had it he'd superglue it together. Come on!

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
I almost bought an (admittedly suspiciously cheap) motorised AT-AT here in the UK. It was only after asking a few more questions than seemed polite that it turned out they had glued it together. Yes, they had glued together a set designed to move.

"Forbes contributor" - ho ho ho.

Also, this particular author condones THE KRAGLE: http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrob...er-gluing-lego-aids-play-but-limits-learning/

GASP!!! The great thing about LEGO is that you can reuse and build whatever you want which is limited by imagination and the LEGO elements you have. LEGO would be a lot more expensive hobby if you only used the pieces once.

Maybe the author grew up with those model kits that you glue and just display.

BigHow

Neo Member
Everyone know what they're purchasing during double VIP?

I've been debating getting the Helicarrier, but I feel like there's ample time before it goes OOP. I might wait until November for that one.

Instead, I think I might go with the combo of the Palace Cinema (my first modular!) and the Simpsons House (with the Kwik-E-Mart coming out, I'm starting to get nervous about it going OOP).

Ponn

Banned

I think i'm pretty finalized for now and decided.

All 3 new mixel tribes
Helicarrier
Pet Shop
power functions for Helicarrier
one of the chima fig packs thats on sale
easter egg painting set

Was going to get some CMF 13 figs but apparently they are sold out.

I've been debating getting the Helicarrier, but I feel like there's ample time before it goes OOP. I might wait until November for that one.

Instead, I think I might go with the combo of the Palace Cinema (my first modular!) and the Simpsons House (with the Kwik-E-Mart coming out, I'm starting to get nervous about it going OOP).

Be warned, once you get a taste of the modular line, you will want more. You might as well get the Pet Shop while you're at it. :)

I might pick up another Palace Cinema before it retires. I keep hearing rumors. The only two modulars I don't have are Detective's Agency and Parisian Restaurant but I still have time to grab those later.

wetwired

I've mentioned I've been too busy lately to do any new mocs or anything, Mostly due to work but also due to something I've been working on part time time which I wasnt allowed to talk about previously. An announcement was made yesterday so I can finally say I'm doing some work the the Lego Batman movie! I can't say what I did for it but I've been dying to tell ANYONE

ghostmind

I've mentioned I've been too busy lately to do any new mocs or anything, Mostly due to work but also due to something I've been working on part time time which I wasnt allowed to talk about previously. An announcement was made yesterday so I can finally say I'm doing some work the the Lego Batman movie! I can't say what I did for it but I've been dying to tell ANYONE

HOLY BRICKS BATMAN

Wow! Congrats Brent!

I'll be anxiously waiting to learn more as we get closer to the movie's release... but wow!

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Ravek

Banned

Holy awesome!

Congrats!

Ponn

Banned

Congrats! Hope its a Ghostbusters cameo of some sort. Batman vs. Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

neonglow

Congrats. Whatever you're working on, I hope there's a retail set that will be based off it.

3N16MA

Banned

Awesome news! First the Ecto-1 and now you're working on a LEGO film. Congrats on the success, maybe we will get a set based on something you worked on.

Amazing mate. Fantastic news. Can't wait to find out more about the movie but especially what you were able to do. :)

Edit. Hoping it's your amazing Batcave.

Wow! That's awesome!

Are they paying you in LEGO bricks?

To echo everybody else's comments, congrats. I was wondering why we hadn't had an E.T. update in some time! Glad you're able to combine your two passions in one endeavor.

Kyari

Pffft! Who are we going to tell.... ?

That's amazing. Congrats!! Holy shit i'm speaking (or typing) to someone who's actually doing stuff on a Lego movie. So cool.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I thought the concept of kraggle itself is flawed, aren't legos made to be hard to separate that we got the separator tool

Fowler

WHOAAAAAA

That is so awesome!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Rootbeer

Banned

Now that is cool! Looking forward to learning more. So much potential in the LEGO Batman franchise.

It's really no surprise given your past work, but that is very awesome. Congrats!

wetwired

Thanks guys, unfortunately I can't say anything beyond the fact I'm working on it. besides, I don't know anything about the movie beyond what I'm doing. I was dying to tell Anyone I was even working on it. I'm gonna have to wait even longer I think before I can even say what I did for it.

Thanks guys, unfortunately I can't say anything beyond the fact I'm working on it. besides, I don't know anything about the movie beyond what I'm doing. I was dying to tell Anyone I was even working on it. I'm gonna have to wait even longer I think before I can even say what I did for it.

Fantastic, we cannot wait. :D

peely

Neo Member

Awesome news, congratulations :)

Zerojul

Awesome, congrats !!!

wetwired

Animal Logic are doing the Batman movie though right? I hope so.

Yeah That's why I couldn't say anything previously, it was only just announced that AL was doing it

To celebrate I put some of my Batmen in an Ikea frame :)

Batmen1.jpg

I think I need to put 6 stands per row though so I can fit in the SDCC Zurr An Argh when it arrives and a Bruce Wayne in the middle. I had to exclude a couple of slight variants already

Ryuuroden

Ewok village and Sydney opera house for sure (the big one) to finish of my 2013 sets. Possibly the sandcrawler as well if I have extra money. But probably not because I also need to get all the mixels, pay for lug order and bunch of bricklink orders.

hmmm. maybe a modular. maybe ewok village.

Buying ewok village would put me in a weird position though. I'd awake one morning to find my mother had come over in the dead of night, broken in, and stolen a lego set.

No seriously if I buy that lego there will be an undending parental guilt trip until I give it to her. If I want to keep it and survive I'll have to buy two.

Modular it is then... I'll have to hold off til a holiday for the double village.

ruxtpin

Banned
That's awesome wet! Can you tell us more? You're in the game development scene if I remember correctly? Are you getting to help in the design of something seen in the movie, or animation, or something completely different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom