• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys, unfortunately I can't say anything beyond the fact I'm working on it. besides, I don't know anything about the movie beyond what I'm doing. I was dying to tell Anyone I was even working on it. I'm gonna have to wait even longer I think before I can even say what I did for it.

EVERYTHING (IS COOL) AND AWESOME!!!

Congrats Wet! Now I can say I know someone famous. haha

Ponn

Banned
rhcdKxi.jpg

Ha, so somebody else took to many muscle relaxers.

Yeah That's why I couldn't say anything previously, it was only just announced that AL was doing it

To celebrate I put some of my Batmen in an Ikea frame :)

Batmen1.jpg

I think I need to put 6 stands per row though so I can fit in the SDCC Zurr An Argh when it arrives and a Bruce Wayne in the middle. I had to exclude a couple of slight variants already

Nice, i am trying to get some of those frames as well for a couple of my collections...

Where is that red/black Batman from though in the last row?

Ryuuroden

I've mentioned I've been too busy lately to do any new mocs or anything, Mostly due to work but also due to something I've been working on part time time which I wasnt allowed to talk about previously. An announcement was made yesterday so I can finally say I'm doing some work the the Lego Batman movie! I can't say what I did for it but I've been dying to tell ANYONE

Congrats dude!!

Congrats Wetwired. That's amazing news. I can't wait to hear more details when you are able.

I like your Batman frame, but I can't help but notice it is missing the clear brick version from China!

I tracked down two of the blue baseplates from a local store. I don't know if I'll need them, but it seems like they'll be hard to find pretty soon.

Thanks guys, unfortunately I can't say anything beyond the fact I'm working on it. besides, I don't know anything about the movie beyond what I'm doing. I was dying to tell Anyone I was even working on it. I'm gonna have to wait even longer I think before I can even say what I did for it.

Hey congrats! What announcement are you referring to?

wetwired

Congrats Wetwired. That's amazing news. I can't wait to hear more details when you are able.

I like your Batman frame, but I can't help but notice it is missing the clear brick version from China!
I literally just ordered it last night along with the zurr Ann argh one

Ponn

Banned
Okay so I put together my first Star Wars sets, the AT-AT and the Snowspeeder and they are just epic. I've really jumped into the Star Wars pools with these two sets.

Awwwww....aren't they just cuttttttte

This is my new LoTR/Hobbit shelf. I was trying to save the right hand side for Helms Deep but I ran out of room. I also don't have Bilbo's House on there. I'm gonna have to figure something out or work on combining Dol Guldur and Moria quicker.

I was trying to clean things up around here and unpack more boxes (Yes, I have been here for months and still have boxes left. The multiple months in limbo sapped me of my will to unpack), so I went and got a two drawer file cabinet to file my instruction manuals away. I had a long accordion file filled with instructions before and a few loose instructions, so I thought the file cabinet would leave me a ton of room to add more later.

I was so wrong. I had far more instructions than I thought. The whole damn thing is full for the most part, and not much room for expansion. And the Best Star and SSD instructions are too large to even lay in the bottom of the drawers. Ugh.

3N16MA

Banned
I was trying to clean things up around here and unpack more boxes (Yes, I have been here for months and still have boxes left. The multiple months in limbo sapped me of my will to unpack), so I went and got a two drawer file cabinet to file my instruction manuals away. I had a long accordion file filled with instructions before and a few loose instructions, so I thought the file cabinet would leave me a ton of room to add more later.

I was so wrong. I had far more instructions than I thought. The whole damn thing is full for the most part, and not much room for expansion. And the Best Star and SSD instructions are too large to even lay in the bottom of the drawers. Ugh.

Now you will have to move into a bigger place just to accommodate your LEGO.

I've resorted to tossing out many of my manuals for sets I don't think I'll rebuild much or for sets I just bought for parts. Definitely toss out duplicate manuals. Those manuals are HEAVY when you have a lot of them together.
I definitely keep manuals for very large sets that most likely will have good resale value (I don't plan on selling my big sets, but you never know). All boxes of "collector" sets I collapse and I toss all other boxes.

My rationale is it's very easy to get digital copies of the instructions and view it via a laptop or tablet. Also, if I really ever needed a physical copy, I'm sure I can find a good price on Bricklink.

Oh, I rip off the cover of instructions I toss and keep the cover so I know I have at least 1 of that set. Saves me a ton of space and weight.

Ponn

Banned
I was going to use my tax refund to get the Quinjet but forgot I had Bloodborne CE preordered. I had already cancelled my FF Type O CE preorder because I came to my senses that its just not one of those games worth paying a $100 for and I can wait till its like $20. Now i'm considering cancelling my Bloodborne preorder too and getting the Quinjet.

I've just really lost alot of interest in console gaming since my issues with my eyes got worse and my head injury. I have DA Inquisition, Lego Batman 3, GTA 5 and Shadows of Mordor sitting here since Nov. and i've only turned my PS4 on a couple times to watch Crunchyroll and my GoTG bluray. I really think I should just sell the thing, but then I think of Batman coming up and Persona 5 damn it. Sorry its late and I should go to bed, Mike Tyson mysteries is freaking hilarious. emmm hummus.

3N16MA

Banned
I was going to use my tax refund to get the Quinjet but forgot I had Bloodborne CE preordered. I had already cancelled my FF Type O CE preorder because I came to my senses that its just not one of those games worth paying a $100 for and I can wait till its like $20. Now i'm considering cancelling my Bloodborne preorder too and getting the Quinjet.

I've just really lost alot of interest in console gaming since my issues with my eyes got worse and my head injury. I have DA Inquisition, Lego Batman 3, GTA 5 and Shadows of Mordor sitting here since Nov. and i've only turned my PS4 on a couple times to watch Crunchyroll and my GoTG bluray. I really think I should just sell the thing, but then I think of Batman coming up and Persona 5 damn it. Sorry its late and I should go to bed, Mike Tyson mysteries is freaking hilarious. emmm hummus.

Still finishing off some games from last gen beore jumping into the current gen but I will most likely purchase a PS4 later this year.

I got really selective with the games I bought last gen and did not have a huge backlog. I do think about Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, plus other games and I don't think I could just cut out console gaming even if I do not play as much as I once did. I enjoy the games I do play and take my time without bothering about playing something immediately when it is released. There is the occasional game I do buy at launch or close to it.

Ponn

Banned
Still finishing off some games from last gen beore jumping into the current gen but I will most likely purchase a PS4 later this year.

I got really selective with the games I bought last gen and did not have a huge backlog. I do think about Arkham Knight, Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, plus other games and I don't think I could just cut out console gaming even if I do not play as much as I once did. I enjoy the games I do play and take my time without bothering about playing something immediately when it is released. There is the occasional game I do buy at launch or close to it.

Man, now I found out they have mini archer marathons at night on FXX. I'm never getting to bed.

Yea i've slowed wayyyyy down on console gaming. I'm pretty positive this will be my last console gen. My gaming is pretty much all handhelds now. I'm reasoning to myself that I already have some games I need to play, I don't really need the steelbook and by the time I get through the games I have now Bloodborne will probably be on sale for $10 for Black Friday. Where as the Quinjet will never have that drastic of a price drop.

I don't think I will be able to reason my way out of Arkham Knight day one though.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-doctor-who-release-date/

"Earlier today, I reported on some details of the LEGO Ideas The Big Bang Theory and WALL•E sets with info given to me by my contact. The same contact has provided the release month(s) for the LEGO Ideas Doctor Who set is rumored to be around October or November and New Zealand in January 2016. It was also stated that it was apparently delayed for some reason. Given that, the official reveal of the set probably won’t happen for a few more months."

Man, I can't wait for Doctor Who set. Besides the fact they need to space out realease of LEGO Idea sets especially with Wall-E and Big Bang Theory sets also in the works, I really hope they are delaying Doctor Who because they are going to expand it beyond that one set or offer the other versions of the Doctor and other companions!!!

I can only hope they do all the Doctors and some additional companions.

Rootbeer

Banned
LEGO Ninjago: Secret World of the Ninja book for pre-order. Includes minifigure! Let's hope it's better than the last Ninjago book-bundled figure which was NOT exclusive.

latest

Step into the action-packed world of Lego[registered] Ninjagot and discover everything there is to know about the legendary Ninja. Meet the heroes of Lego Ninjagot, learn all about their foes, and join them in their fierce battles. You can discover their amazing weapons, vehicles, and dragons. It helps you learn how to become a powerful warrior just like Kai, Zane, Cole, Jay, Lloyd, Nya and their wise leader Sensei Wu. Covering all four series, Lego Ninjagot The Secret World of the Ninja explores the main characters, their personalities and weapons. It follows the Ninja on their journey to become Masters of Spinjitsu! Lego Ninjagot action comes to life through Lego Ninjagot sets and images from the TV series. It comes with an exclusive Lego Ninjagot minifigure!

The identity of the minifigure is TBA.

PS Don't forget to secure your Prototype Fett with this book too.

wait, so the Big Bang Theory set is actally a thing now?.... They are basing a set around a couple guys hanging out in an apartment most of the time?
Merch for the show makes money.

And after futzing for hours on my current MOC, I finally figured out the issue I was having. This one will have some parts that need to move for playability, and the groove on one side of it kept snagging bricks while the other side didn't. I kept testing and rebuilding the part that slides through the gap and it still snagged. Finally I disassembled the area with the hole itself and realized what it was. One small 2x2 plate with a slightly jagged edge. The discoloration and jaggedness on the side of it makes me think it is a brick from my childhood.
I replaced the piece with a newer one, rebuilt everything around the hole, and now everything is moving freely as it should. Thank god. I have lost hours and hours to that small detail, but it was something I really wanted to be in the MOC. Now I can get on with the rest of it.

R-User!

I've mentioned I've been too busy lately to do any new mocs or anything, Mostly due to work but also due to something I've been working on part time time which I wasnt allowed to talk about previously. An announcement was made yesterday so I can finally say I'm doing some work the the Lego Batman movie! I can't say what I did for it but I've been dying to tell ANYONE

Congrats wetwired!
Dark-ness!
No parents!

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Merch for the show makes money.

And after futzing for hours on my current MOC, I finally figured out the issue I was having. This one will have some parts that need to move for playability, and the groove on one side of it kept snagging bricks while the other side didn't. I kept testing and rebuilding the part that slides through the gap and it still snagged. Finally I disassembled the area with the hole itself and realized what it was. One small 2x2 plate with a slightly jagged edge. The discoloration and jaggedness on the side of it makes me think it is a brick from my childhood.
I replaced the piece with a newer one, rebuilt everything around the hole, and now everything is moving freely as it should. Thank god. I have lost hours and hours to that small detail, but it was something I really wanted to be in the MOC. Now I can get on with the rest of it.

That reminds me a lot of the issue I had with the car in the Mechdragon set.
There are two flick-fire missiles on the sides of the car that are launched when you press the rear bumper of the car. The mechanism is actually pretty sweet, since the flick-fire missiles are hidden behind the wheels, but the mechanism first angles the missiles up and then fires them in one pretty smooth motion.
Anyways, on one side of the car, the whole mechanism works perfectly. On the other side, the mechanism just WON'T WORK. The missile wouldn't launch no matter what I would do. It would just slightly pop out. I pulled both of the mechanisms out and put them side by side and they were absolutely identical. I hadn't built it wrong or anything and both of the mechanisms were working in the exact same way.
I never even figured it out. Since it was a play feature I knew I'd probably never use again, I decided to forget about it. Haha. I'm still pretty baffled by it though. And it was such a cool mechanism too.

Rootbeer

Banned
This set is going to be awesoooome!

I'm glad the leaked list was real

Bartman, Fallout boy and Comic Book Guy, YES!

I really hope Comic Book Guy has that fatsuit as seen on Bombur (or one very like it)

I'm curious about "Lisa with Snowball II" (and Maggie) what will they make different about her? The other family members sound like they have quite different outfits this time

3N16MA

Banned

I really hope Comic Book Guy has that fatsuit as seen on Bombur (or one very like it)

I'm curious about "Lisa with Snowball II" (and Maggie) what will they make different about her? The other family members sound like they have quite different outfits this time

I'm assuming the inclusion of Snowball II and Santas Little Helper will be the differentiating factor.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm assuming the inclusion of Snowball II and Santas Little Helper will be the differentiating factor.

Well that much is made clear in the description but they can't just give the same minifig!

Something will have to be different. I'm assuming it will be more than JUST an expression change. Probably different color outfits at the very least

Curious what they come up with

Rumoured Simpsons 2 character list (on thebrickfan) confirmed - passed by Argos today and 71009 appeared in the search function.

Very good lineup!

Gonna be hard to differentiate between Patty and Selma when feeling the packs. :)
I think the hair will be different enough, but will be very hard for the casual groper.

Kito

Gonna be hard to differentiate between Patty and Selma when feeling the packs. :)
I think the hair will be different enough, but will be very hard for the casual groper.

I'd check for a different bump code on the other pack. As long as all packs come from the same box, every character will have a unique code. That was the case for S12 and S13 anyway.

When feeling the bags, I always figure out what the smallest piece is and go from there; CMF's rarely share the same accessory pieces.

Much easier than, "Is this the helmet? No, it's hair. Nope.. it's a helmet... maybe hair..."

Nitemare1

Red Five is still not showing back in stock yet but I got an email that mine shipped today.
Just a heads up to keep your eyes open if you're looking to get one.

wetwired

I'm most excited about Bartman and Fallout Boy, I'm disappointed Radioactive Man isn't in the series though

Maengun1

I'm mostly disappointed there's no Principal Skinner in series 2...that's the oddest omission to me. But oh well, I'm glad there's a series 2 at all!

By the way, just finally put together the Benny's Spaceship set that I picked up on clearance a while back. It's really awesome, so thanks to everyone who recommended it. Only problem is I really don't have the space to put it anywhere! Gotta figure something out.

shiba5

I got the Slave.
I really feel like if Minecraft sets can all be printed, that a UCS set should be too. The stickers looks like they will be a pain to put on right.

I'd check for a different bump code on the other pack. As long as all packs come from the same box, every character will have a unique code. That was the case for S12 and S13 anyway.

When feeling the bags, I always figure out what the smallest piece is and go from there; CMF's rarely share the same accessory pieces.

Much easier than, "Is this the helmet? No, it's hair. Nope.. it's a helmet... maybe hair..."

I hope Selma and Patty have the same accessory which has to be a cigarette. :)

I'm most excited about Bartman and Fallout Boy, I'm disappointed Radioactive Man isn't in the series though

I have hope there will be a 3rd wave. Still have principle Skinner, the Mayor, Side-Show Bob, Otto, news anchor guy, Carl, Lenny, and the questionable ones Barney, Moe, and Mr. Smithers.

Ponn

Banned
So I cancel my game preorders and go to order the Quinjet. i then see Amazon must be price matching some Lego Star Wars deal somewhere because they have the Tie Advanced Prototype for $31, AT-AT for $95 and Imperial Star Destroyer for $111. I proceed to start banging my head against the wall. Every damn time I definitively tell myself "NO! You are not getting into Star Wars" shit like this happens.

ghostmind

So I cancel my game preorders and go to order the Quinjet. i then see Amazon must be price matching some Lego Star Wars deal somewhere because they have the Tie Advanced Prototype for $31, AT-AT for $95 and Imperial Star Destroyer for $111. I proceed to start banging my head against the wall. Every damn time I definitively tell myself "NO! You are not getting into Star Wars" shit like this happens.

kYZq5x3.gif

I've resolved it will be very hard to find the AT-AT and Imperial Star Destroyer for more than 20% off. I think I'll bite at 20% off, then buy another one if it ever goes on sale for more than 20%.

I'm really tempted on the TAP for $31...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom