• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
avmGxht.jpg

No, the bike and Optimus aren't mine. As I mentioned, I went to a LUG meeting.

*mouth salivates*

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Woo! I'm going to trade my light-up lightsaber Anakin and Obi-Wan minifigures (which I've had for ages and don't care about at all) and Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, and Magneto from the Sentinel set that I got for $15 (meanwhile I get to keep the excellent Blackbird ship AND have a second awesome Sentinel) for a complete Simpsons Series 1 minifigure set! So excited.

...The only thing this means is that I'll almost definitely have to buy the Simpsons House and Kwik-E-Mart now.

Ryuuroden

wooo, just finished transfering the bottom floors of my Orthanc MOC to a new raised baseplate that I built in structural support. The transfer took a few hours due to all the intricate detail I had to transfer over but at least most of it went over in one piece. Had some really time consuming trouble getting the side walls back on as well as some of the interior columns.

Basically by putting it on raised baseplates it will allow me to have some varied terrain around the building. I plan on putting in a pond for instance and some rises and declines. I am raising six 48x48 stud baseplates by 1 brick and 2 studs height. This also allows me to use technic studs to link it all and take it apart for easy transport. The interior in order to lower costs is full of those sports plates from that old line LEGO had. Anyways some pictures will probably be incoming in a few weeks. I have to finish it by June and really I need to get it done by the end of April because May and June will be really busy.

wooo, just finished transfering the bottom floors of my Orthanc MOC to a new raised baseplate that I built in structural support. The transfer took a few hours due to all the intricate detail I had to transfer over but at least most of it went over in one piece. Had some really time consuming trouble getting the side walls back on as well as some of the interior columns.

Basically by putting it on raised baseplates it will allow me to have some varied terrain around the building. I plan on putting in a pond for instance and some rises and declines. I am raising six 48x48 stud baseplates by 1 brick and 2 studs height. This also allows me to use technic studs to link it all and take it apart for easy transport. The interior in order to lower costs is full of those sports plates from that old line LEGO had. Anyways some pictures will probably be incoming in a few weeks. I have to finish it by June and really I need to get it done by the end of April because May and June will be really busy.
Is it still hitting the ceiling?

It's looking like I won't be getting anything for 2xVIP, rather I am saving my remaining Star Wars sets to pick up until May 4th weekend, so I can get a few Admiral Yularen polybags.

I'm doing the same thing. The only current SW sets I don't have are the UCS ones so I'm hoping to pick them up to get multiple Yularen polys as well.

Woo! I'm going to trade my light-up lightsaber Anakin and Obi-Wan minifigures (which I've had for ages and don't care about at all) and Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, and Magneto from the Sentinel set that I got for $15 (meanwhile I get to keep the excellent Blackbird ship AND have a second awesome Sentinel) for a complete Simpsons Series 1 minifigure set! So excited.

I haven't done the math here, but are you sure you're coming out ahead?

Ryuuroden

I'm doing the same thing. The only current SW sets I don't have are the UCS ones so I'm hoping to pick them up to get multiple Yularen polys as well.

I don't think he is coming out ahead there, but I am not positive. Arnt some of those minifigs in his list worth 50 dollars or more.

EDIT: NM, I think its a pretty good deal.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

The trade ended up falling through... The person thought I was including the Sentinel from the set as well.
Anyways, I did the rough math and it was close enough to an even trade. Probably slightly in my favor, though not by an outrageous amount or anything. Not that it really matters much now.

Kind of a bummer. Would've been cool to have the Simpsons minifigures.

But yeah, uh, since those trades fell through, anyone want great condition light-up lightsaber Anakin and Obi-Wan and/or the minifigures (but not Sentinel) from the X-Men Sentinel set? Haha

wetwired

Are Hulk's hands supposed to look like that?

Very cool. You did notice Hulk's hands are reversed right?
And glad you liked the build of Quinjet 2.0. I love how the bottom of it pops open to drop the bike out.

Yeah someone else pointed it out, I let my son play with it before I put it in the frame. He likes to take the hands off and stick it in the arm sockets to make stumpy arms.

I've since fixed it up.

So many stickers in quinjet though, I ended up applying all over them except for that asymetrical yellow L on that big blue curved slope piece.

That's generally how I roll with stickers now, on most small parts I'll use them. Bigger ones is case by case, I applied the cockpit one for example as that piece will still be useful for MOCs with the sticker applied. Whereas a tiny little yellow L on a large piece only on one side restricts the amount of use I can get out of that piece.

Yeah someone else pointed it out, I let my son play with it before I put it in the frame. He likes to take the hands off and stick it in the arm sockets to make stumpy arms .
Stumpy arms? That is hilarious. I never thought of doing that. I see a stumpy armed Hulk and Cave Troll in my future.

Someone returned two Santa's Workshops today!! I grabbed one to finally have all 8 reindeer and I guess totally deck out the workshop? So psyched.

Made this for my GF for our anniversary;

16280458303_dfb396ed66_c.jpg

Then we go to the Lego Store last night and she buys my the Parisian Restaurant as a combo Anniversary/BDay present.

I can't be happier with her. We'll end up building it this weekend together.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Just a little heads up for any fellow Belgians in this thread (if there are any?): Dreamland has got the T16 Skyhopper on sale for €20, which is a great deal for what I think is a nifty little set.

Bonus: you even get the 40086 Easter Bunny promotional set with it for free!

Then we go to the Lego Store last night and she buys my the Parisian Restaurant as a combo Anniversary/BDay present.

Not sure how I feel about those illegal connections.

Na, just kidding, that is really sweet!

Kitsuné;157096768 said:
Just a little heads up for any fellow Belgians in this thread (if there are any?): Dreamland has got the T16 Skyhopper on sale for €20, which is a great deal for what I think is a nifty little set.

Bonus: you even get the 40086 Easter Bunny promotional set with it for free!

Just to echo this; the Skyhopper really is a cool little set. Awesome figs and the ship is definitely larger than I was expecting.

Ponn

Banned
And that is how it is done! Ceiling not high enough for a LEGO MOC, get a bigger house! More room for LEGO.

I think we all know what must be done. He must build a real modular house for himself out of Lego. Then he could mod whenever he needed to.

Maengun1

I'm looking at pictures of The Simpsons series 2 minifigs again...the accessory parts chosen are mostly great, but a couple of them could have been improved.

1. I like Moleman's voided driver's license, but I wish he came with his cane and a football so we could re-enact this iconic scene (this episode also includes "boo-urns" making it the best Moleman episode in history IMO).

2. I hate that Patty just has a generic purse. So blah. I wish they had swapped Selma's eye-chart to Patty and given Selma her beloved pet iguana Jub-Jub. He would go great with the Snowball and Santa's Little Helper pieces.

Nice, will go well with the Simpsons Series 2 for next anniversary.

So I went to the Lego Store this weekend to pick up the Ghostbusters set. As I'm paying, the cashier says that, once she finishes watching the second movie (?!), she's going to pick it up as well. After that, she wanted to get The Simpson's House. I said I wanted to get that as well but it's a little too expensive for me right now. She then says she has a friend who has $195 in VIP rewards and is planning on using them all to get it when they have enough. That's devotion.

Ryuuroden

Where should I go to get good transparent stickers printed out and/or what should I use to do it myself. I don't have an ALPS printer so I can't do white. I want to print a bunch of tapestrys and such for my Orthanc interior.

For those that know their way around BrickLink:

Is there ANY way to search for stores that actually offer MORE than one piece you're looking for? Say i need 2 or more different pieces and want to cross-match those so the result would give me any stores that offer those 2 (or more) pieces.

I couldn't find it using advanced search somehow, maybe i am dense and didn't see it but....

For those that know their way around BrickLink:

Is there ANY way to search for stores that actually offer MORE than one piece you're looking for? Say i need 2 or more different pieces and want to cross-match those so the result would give me any stores that offer those 2 (or more) pieces.

I couldn't find it using advanced search somehow, maybe i am dense and didn't see it but....

Click the "By shop" tab under Wanted. It lists shops that have what you need. You can sort it by how many different lots (types of parts) they have.

Found a lone Movie Melting Room at Target yesterday with a clearance sticker of $10.48. I went to the scanner and it rang up $4.78! Needless to say, I picked it up. Too bad there weren't any more.

Maengun1

Got a chance to stop by the Mall Of America today driving through Minnesota....picked up the Birds ideas set, the Easter Eggs set, and a Gingerbread Man keychain.

Good stuff.

Experien

Just taking some pictures with the Canoe from the Camper Van set for my photography class.

Setup: (Excuse the dirty, cracked surface pro)

Wow, that is a great idea!

I did some photoshopping of LEGO and I did the hard way of white background taking their photo and finding environment and trying to blend it...took SO long.

Just taking some pictures with the Canoe from the Camper Van set for my photography class.

Setup: (Excuse the dirty, cracked surface pro)

You should try to match the lighting. Put some strong, sunny lights around it, and try filling a bowl of water to set the canoe in, so there's some reflections from the water to the underside.

Sadly the version that has them, doesn't have the 3D version, sorry.

I rather they put it in the non-3D version. I didn't get a chance to get one this morning but stop by this small Target on my way to work and the display was empty luckily I look through Mockingjay section and found one stash there. Save me time for having to hunt for one later.

3N16MA

Banned
The $10 off $40 TRU Canada coupon is coming to an end next Tuesday. Starting on the 27th TRU is continuing their LEGO sale with perhaps one last giant sale.

Star Wars
Super Heroes
City
Juniors
Duplo

Will all be on sale (I'm assuming at least 20% off) plus the $10 coupon stacks. This time it includes some of the newer DC sets like Darkseid Invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom