• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is finished. I will take some pics in the next few days and show a better video, but I am too excited about finishing this and it coming to life. Sorry for the crap video quality. It is late.

My LEGO Airship MOC, alive with power functions.

I tried making a GIF, but could not. Not even Imgur's video to gif function worked. Ugh.

EDIT: Okay, Imgur finally worked. Still a huge file size for the gif. I really need to learn how to make these things. Strangely, the GIF is a larger file than the original 1080p video file.

50iaojx.gif

I need to find a better environment for pics than that room. I will probably take some pics Thursday during the daytime since the light will be better then. But yes, there will be a photobomb of this thing.
I need to assemble an appropriate crew to man the thing first. The ship can't fly itself.

EDIT: And I am happy that the pistons are visible even in the gif. That part was what I was worried about being lost in the shuffle.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Looks incredible, Phon! Looking forward to seeing more pics!

My Mini Cooper I won arrived today!, haven't had a chance to touch it though. Also these arrived...
[/IMG]

Oh no. You didn't. Hahaha
Those are so brilliantly terrible. And I love how Superman and Spider-Man have rifles. Makes sense.

Zerojul

It is finished. I will take some pics in the next few days and show a better video, but I am too excited about finishing this and it coming to life. Sorry for the crap video quality. It is late.

I tried making a GIF, but could not. Not even Imgur's video to gif function worked. Ugh.

EDIT: Okay, Imgur finally worked. Still a huge file size for the gif. I really need to learn how to make these things. Strangely, the GIF is a larger file than the original 1080p video file.

50iaojx.gif
Amazing work !!!

wetwired

50iaojx.gif

awesome!, are you building a steampunk minifig army to go along with it?

3N16MA

Banned
Has anyone ever used bricklink and pick a brick to build an entire retired set? The TIE Fighter 9492 price keeps on rising and I missed out on a chance to get one at MSRP. My X-Wing needs one right beside it and I figure it might be cheaper to source the pieces myself. I believe most of the pieces are pretty common and cheap.

I will probably wait until Episode VII sets are released and I see the film. If the TIE Fighter has not changed from the OT there might be chance of a new set.

The Muppets was fantastic, and Miller and Lord overseeing it gives me hope.

But yeah this is a little... much. If they're all good then fantastic, it just feels like so much so fast.

I hope it's not basically this in LEGO form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2gkAke_Zkk

I also hope it's not about cars. I fucking hate Pixar's Cars franchise. Racing movies are also tired.

Okay I'll go now :p

Hope it's good in any case.
Well, Rat Race was just a mediocre remake of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. If you haven't seen that, hunt it down. It is a lot of fun.

As for racing films, Rush was quite good for a recent entry.

I will agree about the Cars franchise though. I only saw the first one and liked it well enough, but not enough to see it again.

Joining LEGO Batman, LEGO Ninjago, and the LEGO Movie 2, is a LEGO Movie spinoff "The Billion Brick Race". Jason Segal and Drew Pierce will be writing and directing the movie, and Phil Lord, Chris Miller, Dan Lin and Roy Lee will be producing.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/new-lego-spinoff-movie-works-784244

Lego Batman Movie in 2017 and Lego Movie 2 in 2018?? Why the long wait? Ugh.

Well, Rat Race was just a mediocre remake of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. If you haven't seen that, hunt it down. It is a lot of fun.

I will agree about the Cars franchise though. I only saw the first one and liked it well enough, but not enough to see it again.

Rush was a great movie. I didn't hear much about it until I saw it at Redbox and decided to check the IMDB rating.

If you actually liked the first Cars movie at all, then you should totally watch the second one. It's way, way better. I'm probably the only one on GAF that enjoys the Cars franchise but Cars 2 is better than the first in like every conceivable way. (Fun fact, they wanted to make a legit spy movie and they pushed it as far as they could go - if the characters had been anything other than cars it would have easily been PG-13 with all the deaths). Also, some of the Cars Toons, the film noir one in particular, are pretty great.

Also maybe Lego Racing Movie will have another amazing joke cameo of the Speed Racer theme? That was one of my favorite gags from The Lego Movie. I didn't read the link but I automatically assume it'll essentially be Lego: Wacky Racers.

Which would be a cool theme, actually. They work so closely with Cartoon Network (which is what Hanna-Barbara turned into) and they're doing a Scooby-Doo theme, a Lego Wacky Racers would be a really fun theme. A good way to get all the classic H-B characters as minifigs without having to commit an entire theme to just one show, plus a lot of very unique cars.

Looks like Hulkbuster and a few other sets will be on sale by a little bit at Target near Easter:

http://www.freestufffinder.com/ads/target-ad-preview-329-44/#more-5295

For some reason the scan won't show in my browser, but it matters not. Hulkbuster is a killer set. One of the easiest sets to recommend because it is not only an awesome build, but it is also relatively low priced. The new Lex Power Armor. (Well, I still need to get Brainiac Attacks to truly say that, but for now, it is the new hotness for lowish price sets with awesome figures and builds).

And I won't be off work until this weekend, so no chance to make figures for my ship, but of course I had to make a stand for it.

The nice thing with ship hull pieces is that there are perfectly sized gaps in the bottom to make stands to notch into.
I still worry about the weight of this set on the stands, but if the UCS Star Wars stuff can stay on their stands like they do, then the weight of this should be fine. I am just overly paranoid.

Has anyone ever used bricklink and pick a brick to build an entire retired set? The TIE Fighter 9492 price keeps on rising and I missed out on a chance to get one at MSRP. My X-Wing needs one right beside it and I figure it might be cheaper to source the pieces myself. I believe most of the pieces are pretty common and cheap.

I will probably wait until Episode VII sets are released and I see the film. If the TIE Fighter has not changed from the OT there might be chance of a new set.

http://www.beardednerd.se/how-to-pi...or-any-other-expensive-out-of-print-lego-set/

It's pretty easy to do, especially if you have a good number of parts already.

I bricklinked the entire UCS Millennium Falcon over the course of a year. :)

I just finished the last of the new Pirates sets and I have to say that I'm kinda disappointed. I like the idea of being able to combine a few of the sets together, but when you do that the repetition in the models becomes very apparent. Every single set has the same exact blue soldier in it. They could have at least given them different faces or slightly different hats or something. As much as I'm a fan of pirate related items I feel like this is a let down. I may have to take the pieces from these sets and combine them with some of the Pirates of the Caribbean sets to make something a bit more original. I've always been more of an instruction follower, though...

I just finished the last of the new Pirates sets and I have to say that I'm kinda disappointed. I like the idea of being able to combine a few of the sets together, but when you do that the repetition in the models becomes very apparent. Every single set has the same exact blue soldier in it. They could have at least given them different faces or slightly different hats or something. As much as I'm a fan of pirate related items I feel like this is a let down. I may have to take the pieces from these sets and combine them with some of the Pirates of the Caribbean sets to make something a bit more original. I've always been more of an instruction follower, though...

Yeah, the sets are kind of disappointing, but they did put a lot of useful pirate themed parts on the market. It's kind of like how the latest Castle theme was useless except for giving us a new dragon and more figures.

robochimp

My son loves them.

3N16MA

Banned
http://www.beardednerd.se/how-to-pi...or-any-other-expensive-out-of-print-lego-set/

It's pretty easy to do, especially if you have a good number of parts already.

Thanks for the link. That article is actually really informative and I will use it.

I bricklinked the entire UCS Millennium Falcon over the course of a year. :)

I read a good portion of the eurobricks thread about members doing just that. Might you be one of those members?

My son loves them.

Yeah, I guess I need to remember that these sets are geared towards kids. I guess having built all of the Pirates of the Caribbean sets and just coming off of building the Detective Office, Sea Cow, and Parisian Restaurant these sets stood out as being simpler.

some guy's helicarrier got cat'd

uNNl9zH.jpg

trolololo

The lines on the carpet make it look like streams of smoking debris flying out of the wreckage.

And how could you not see that coming? There is a stepping stool for the cat right there after all.

That picture is both sad and funny. I am cringing at thinking of the hours of hunting down all the pieces, or the horror of stepping on some unseen ones.

Question to anyone who regularly uses shop@home: Has anyone ever had a tremendous portion of their wishlist vanish? I was going to use it to keep tabs on things I'm interested in, but most of the stuff I added to it yesterday is gone now....

Christ that's awesome.

I was going to post about how I am just finishing up the UCS SSD for the first time (I've owned it for close to two years but only sat down with it over the last couple weeks. Put in an hour a day or so if I could spare it during the weekday.) Took me about 17 hours or so.

Kinda slow, but I mixed the bags, though.

As a relative beginner in this whole hobby thing (this is my second UCS), I'm really happy with this. It takes up half my blood display stand though. I was thinking of getting Red Five sooner rather than later but uhh. Hmm. Where the fuck am I gonna put it :(

Amazing airship! I like the minifigs and the cabin.

Before moving on with this build, I needed to order a bunch of 1x6 plates that apparently were also missing. So I did that, and then went through the rest of the parts to figure out if anything else was missing. Well, another 12 1x1 snot bricks were missing. Now I'm trying to figure out if it's reasonable to go out and buy sets to get them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom