• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

I've been sitting on this info since j2g mentioned it yesterday, mainly because of the date. He might not be duping everyone, but his anonymous source may be duping him.

Anyway, I've been hunting for a source to back up this rumor, but I have not found anything yet.

Zulithe is trying to unseat the emperor of information :p

Vader+Kills+Palpatine.png

I've seen the Petshop, and it didn't look particularly interesting, and I don't know if I want 3+ $150 Lego sets. X_x It took this long to get one because I'm poor!

Ryuuroden

I've seen the Petshop, and it didn't look particularly interesting, and I don't know if I want 3+ $150 Lego sets. X_x It took this long to get one because I'm poor!

Get Parisian Restaurant then. Its pretty much considered the peak of perfection when it comes to modulars. It will blow you away.

Edit: (its the price of 3 video games. Just cut back on those :D)

ghostmind

Zulithe is trying to unseat the emperor of information :p

REXB1Wc.gif

The Empire has many agents...

I've stepped back a bit from my information gathering, as Star Wars has taken over my life a bit more, so Zulithe's (and others) contributions are much appreciated.

I'm just voicing a note of caution in this instance, and that everyone should take this rumor with large grains of salt until we can get further confirmation.

3N16MA

Banned
REXB1Wc.gif

The Empire has many agents...

I've stepped back a bit from my information gathering, as Star Wars has taken over my life a bit more, so Zulithe's (and others) contributions are much appreciated.

I'm just voicing a note of caution in this instance, and that everyone should take this rumor with large grains of salt until we can get further confirmation.

I enjoy watching you push people to the dark side.

Rootbeer

Banned
I wish I could claim to be an informant on any level :p

all credit to j2g, though i am not fond of his text-only video style when he choses to do those.

btw, j2g needs a gaf account. he seems to be everywhere but here!

I was going to buy Lego the Hobbit on Steam since it's on sale right now but...

i JUST found out that TT actually CANCELLED the promised DLC for Battle of the five armies a couple weeks back! DAMNIT :((

I was going to buy Lego the Hobbit on Steam since it's on sale right now but...

i JUST found out that TT actually CANCELLED the promised DLC for Battle of the five armies a couple weeks back! DAMNIT :((

Well, in all honesty, a BotFA game would be rather dull. Fight a dragon, then one long battle for the rest of the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
One thing that annoys me in Speed Champions is that the lights and engine grills are stickers than bricks. I'd understand if they don't have bricks for that, but we've seen a lot of vehicle builds that use them a lot. Kinda disappointing.

Though why do I feel like Speed Champions is an old set "revived"?

The non-modular big buildings like Haunted House and Simpsons House are made to be played with, not mainly as display pieces, so they are hinged to open. The modulars all sit on baseplates and since they're made to stand alongside each other, there's no room to swing open. Instead each floor lifts off separately.

You could pretty easily mod other buildings to fit the same standard.

Ah thanks for the info!

As Phon & Siegfried said, yes they do.

Are you familiar with Brickset? If you find a set you're interested in the site can likely answer most any question you have about it. If you click on "Parts" for example, you'll get a list of the pieces used in a set.

http://brickset.com/sets/10243-1/Parisian-Restaurant

Click on "Parts" here and you'll see 6061048 (the baseplate part #) listed half-way down the page.

And thanks for the site, looks really informative on the pieces. So I guess this is how people build out of print stuff - by getting them piece by piece eh?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For anyone in the UK who might be interested, Tesco are offering 1000 clubcard points when you spend £60+ on Lego, some of which is discounted.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/special...iday_ToysBT_1000CCLego&sc_cmp=tp4_aff_1018132

Think that works out at £10 in vouchers and no idea if it counts towards the wonderful fuel saving scheme they've been running.

Thanks. Might use it as an excuse to get some minecraft sets. Farm and First Night are good ones to get a cross section of charcters?

1000 points is £10 normally, or £20 in 'boost' or up to £40 if used on offers like restaurant vouchers etc.

There is also an offer for 500 points if you spend £30.

Minecraft farm, first night, and cave are £78. Benny's spaceship is £73. wonder if you can do them as separate orders and get 2000 points?

Agreed.

If it's true....well, at least J2G gave me his condolences. That counts for something, right?

Tigerkiddo! I'm about to (finally) build that Darkseid set. Looking forward to it.

Good, I hope you enjoy it!

I should probably build this TIE prototype already...><

Every day that passes, I think I should pull a Ghostmind and focus more on collecting something specific instead of trying to collect them all.

Long term project of a MOC arcade made some progress today. I kinda left this on the back burner for a while for various reasons but I will get there.

Knocked up some instructions and printed them so I could build on the dining room table and watch something on iPad.

Checking I have the parts I needed, had to make a couple of substitutions but I will order the parts I need soon.

Some build shots;

Went with metalic silver foot pedals, might swap to black.

Modified tile with grill was offset so it sticks out but while that is more faithful to the arcade I just didn't like it. I might change my mind.......

Beatmania Complete The Final on the left, BMIII on the right. Playing with different tiles for the turntables, not decided yet, any favourites?

Moving onto the next title and the one with the most variants (probably not going to do all IIDX....yet!). Need some more parts which are on order but here we have DDR:

UCS R5-D4 by siegfried_fm, on Flickr

And this was what I needed the spare parts for. After finishing the R2-D2 I bought in the store, I started bricklinking the parts for another one, with a few changes.

Love it! I toyed with the notion last year about trying it, but never really thought through how to make the head. That looks fantastic. Now add some power functions or a level to make parts of it blow up and smoke. :)

Long term project of a MOC arcade made some progress today. I kinda left this on the back burner for a while for various reasons but I will get there.

Knocked up some instructions and printed them so I could build on the dining room table and watch something on iPad.

Checking I have the parts I needed, had to make a couple of substitutions but I will order the parts I need soon.

Some build shots;

Went with metalic silver foot pedals, might swap to black.

Modified tile with grill was offset so it sticks out but while that is more faithful to the arcade I just didn't like it. I might change my mind.......

Beatmania Complete The Final on the left, BMIII on the right. Playing with different tiles for the turntables, not decided yet, any favourites?

Moving onto the next title and the one with the most variants (probably not going to do all IIDX....yet!). Need some more parts which are on order but here we have DDR:
Love the DDR pads. Especially the use of the phone receiver part. I had no idea it came in that variety of colors.

Love it! I toyed with the notion last year about trying it, but never really thought through how to make the head. That looks fantastic. Now add some power functions or a level to make parts of it blow up and smoke. :)

Love the DDR pads. Especially the use of the phone receiver part. I had no idea it came in that variety of colors.

Cheers. Sad there is no trans pink but I think the red works.

I am still deciding if I will put black ones on for the supernova and X versions, they go for a few quid on bricklink but dark bluish grey are pennies.

Ponn

Banned
Oh boy I have a conundrum. I can get Hulk Lab Smash for $40 and the Gorilla Grodd Batmech set for $40 as well or I can get the Imperial Star Destroyer for $98. And unfortunatley "Why not both" is not an option.

Vargas

Was building he Tumbler and I put the engine upside down, no bueno. Had to dissassemble it and made me not want to build for a few minutes.

Oh boy I have a conundrum. I can get Hulk Lab Smash for $40 and the Gorilla Grodd Batmech set for $40 as well or I can get the Imperial Star Destroyer for $98. And unfortunatley "Why not both" is not an option.
Star Destroyer is a bigger discount for one set. I say go for that.

Ryuuroden

First of my 12 set order has arrived :)

Btw my 12 set order consisted of;

Ninjago 70728 Battle for Ninjago City

Star Wars Geonosis Troopers
Star Wars Senate Commando Troopers
Star Wars 75051 Jedi Scout Fighter

Creator 31021 Furry Creatures
Creator Toy and Grocery Shop
Creator 31019 Forest Animals

Ultra Agents UltraCopter vs AntiMatter
Ultra Agents 70162 Infearno Interception
Ultra Agents 70164 Hurricane Heist

City Great Vehicles Snowplow Truck
City 60050 Train Station

The one that arrived today was Battle for Ninjago City

Ponn

Banned
Star Destroyer is a bigger discount for one set. I say go for that.

There is that, and also I really want that set to build it for the set. The other two I really just want for the figs. I think i'm just a little worried about Hulk Lab Smash going oop soon.

3N16MA

Banned
There is that, and also I really want that set to build it for the set. The other two I really just want for the figs. I think i'm just a little worried about Hulk Lab Smash going oop soon.

Seems like that is the way it is with most Heroes sets.

It's a fun playset and the figures are incredible. I think the Star Destroyer will last a bit longer but as Phon said, it's also a steeper discount.

Lab Smash figs > Destroyer figs
Destroyer set > Lab Smash set

Sometimes when it comes down to that, I just buy the minifigs. Sometimes that can be costly but since I don't MOC, it beats buying a set for just the minifigs.

Vyer

Hey do you guys know anything about repubrick? They approached a buddy of mine (he's been putting a lot of his designs on Flickr and getting lots of feedback) about putting his stuff on their site and he asked me but I don't know anything about them.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Built the Hulkbuster set today! It really is a cool set. The Hulkbuster is so much fun to pose, too.
Also, really pleased that they have that transparent rod thing included in the set to stick one of the minifgures to. It looks very cool.

Ryuuroden

Hey do you guys know anything about repubrick? They approached a buddy of mine (he's been putting a lot of his designs on Flickr and getting lots of feedback) about putting his stuff on their site and he asked me but I don't know anything about them.

I don't know anything about them but they follow my flickr account as well.

EDIT: Apparently you can make money by posting your designs on their site, I think its by ads as you get ad popup when you go to download. I just got this info from going to their site. There are some nice mechas and stuff on there.

Ponn

Banned
Sometimes when it comes down to that, I just buy the minifigs. Sometimes that can be costly but since I don't MOC, it beats buying a set for just the minifigs.

I've priced out like that before. For instance I got the white warg from the Attack of the WargsI set from bricklink because it was way cheaper that way. When I want more figs though, like the Hulk Lab Smash, it doesn't come out very cheaper, even going chinese knock off. At that point I just buy the damn set because why not have the pieces too. I almost just bought the Powerman and MJ fig from that Spider-man set but I kinda wanted the glider parts and the fan pieces for a moc. Good thing to because the glider parts are going to come in handy for when the REAL Green Goblin fig comes out.

By the way when is that Green Goblin Juniors set coming out? And have we heard anything yet on that Joker Bumper car polybag?

Oh yea, I decided to go with the two sets. The Star Destroyer has been fluxuating from $110 and $120 for a couple months now and it will be around longer than the hulk lab smash. I really need those figs. And i'm so hyped on Flash right now I need those Captain Cold and Gorilla Grodd figs.

Ponn

Banned
Ok I built the Darkseid set from my backlog today. Right off the bat something was bugging me about this set. I know Lego is on a trend of charging a premium for superhero sets lately, especially by including a big fig. I opened the box though and out came the little baggie with Darkseid, 1 small bag and 3 medium bags along with 1 small instruction book, 1 medium and 1 large instruction booklet. I'm thinking 4 bags and 3 instruction books, this is weird. The first small book was to build Darkseids little Hover-Scooter thingie and I was getting annoyed by how many wasted pages there were. I mean literally one page devoted to the placement of one single red stud piece. Then I get to the end of the 2nd medium instruction booklet and this is where I was at.

As you can see the ship is pretty much done, just the top latch and side thruster things. Literally one bag left for the biggest instruction booklet. It just seemed like this set was being artificially padded to look like a bigger set than it really is. It could have came in a box half its size and with 2 instruction books max. Okay, so rant over.

Finished set. I know, i know these sets are made with kids in mind but even as a kid I would hate those stupid big ball blaster things. Darkseid's Hover-round wouldn't actually be too bad if it wasn't for that stupid gun. He's freaking Darkseid, all he needs is his omega eye beams. Hawkey---er---Man is actually pretty cool. Like Jang pointed out in his vid his clear wing stud things can definitely be used for um, other things on a fig. I have some ideas with the cone pieces and a custom Madonna fig for Halloween. Sorry I couldn't find my knock off Green Arrow fig but i'm definitely swapping out the green hood on this one to make him look right.

BOOYAH!

And because I just know people are thinking it, here's the Quinjet comparison pic. It feels and looks just as big because of its length but takes up less of a footprint because of the different wingspan.

Overall its a good set but definitely get it on sale. The figs are great and ship looks really sleek and the thruster gimmick is pretty cool. There is some pretty cool building techniques, like the whole nose of the jet build and the thrusters. It definitely has swooshability but compared to the Quinjet theres just something a little bland about it.

I'm either going to build "Dad's Exo-Suit!!" or the Black Manta set next. I'm figuring everyone has already built or bought the exo-suit already if they already wanted it but alot of fence sitters on the Black Manta set so I will probably do the Black Manta set next to help out fellow LegoGaffers.

Does anyone have any idea on how the Speed Champions theme is doing? I really enjoy the entire line, and would be very upset if it was a one and done theme line. There are so many great options out there dependent on Lego getting the licenses for more cars.

wetwired

Does anyone have any idea on how the Speed Champions theme is doing? I really enjoy the entire line, and would be very upset if it was a one and done theme line. There are so many great options out there dependent on Lego getting the licenses for more cars.
The stores I've been to seem to be cleared out of the smaller sets and only a few of the larger ones left

3N16MA

Banned
I want that Darkseid set but not at the price ($90 CAD). Even with a recent TRU sale I passed. I have a feeling the high price will keep it from selling well and we may see some nice discounts down the road.

Overall its a good set but definitely get it on sale. The figs are great and ship looks really sleek and the thruster gimmick is pretty cool. There is some pretty cool building techniques, like the whole nose of the jet build and the thrusters. It definitely has swooshability but compared to the Quinjet theres just something a little bland about it.

I'm either going to build "Dad's Exo-Suit!!" or the Black Manta set next. I'm figuring everyone has already built or bought the exo-suit already if they already wanted it but alot of fence sitters on the Black Manta set so I will probably do the Black Manta set next to help out fellow LegoGaffers.

I have pretty much exactly the same opinion on it. I built it on the weekend and was fairly unimpressed outside of a few neat tricks (the nose, as you said). In an effort to drastically reduce clutter I am fairly ruthless about what sets I display, and this one fell very cleanly onto the "immediately disassemble" pile. Great figs, but not a great set.

The Black Manta set is the last DC one I need to buy...I keep going back and forth between bricklinking the figs or just buying the set.

Ponn

Banned
I have pretty much exactly the same opinion on it. I built it on the weekend and was fairly unimpressed outside of a few neat tricks (the nose, as you said). In an effort to drastically reduce clutter I am fairly ruthless about what sets I display, and this one fell very cleanly onto the "immediately disassemble" pile. Great figs, but not a great set.

The Black Manta set is the last DC one I need to buy...I keep going back and forth between bricklinking the figs or just buying the set.

Black Manta set is probably one I should just of bricklinked and i haven't even built it yet. Really the only fig I needed is Black Manta. Scuba Batman in that cheap Penguin set is better, does anyone really want a scuba Robin and another Aquaman? They really screwed the pooch on that set, they missed a great opportunity for a Mera, Aqualad or Oceanmaster fig. Hell i would have taken Lagoon Boy.

On a bit different note my slight disappointment in the recent hero sets caused me to waffle at the last minute on my decision and I went with the ISD set instead of the other two. i will make Hulk Lab Smash my next priority and just wait for the eventual next sale on that Batmech set. Something about Rebels and the Force Awakens hype just got me on a Star Wars roll.

Picked this up last week at Lasting Toys. It's definitely the earliest SW set I have and I'm amazed at how far the figs have come. Considering this came out after the Death Star, it has definitely tempered my expectations for that set's characters.

Worth it for the tauntaun.

mf.luder

Picked this up last week at Lasting Toys. It's definitely the earliest SW set I have and I'm amazed at how far the figs have come. Considering this came out after the Death Star, it has definitely tempered my expectations for that set's characters.

Worth it for the tauntaun.

I got the from GAF SS a few years ago.

Looking forward to the kwik e mart!

I got the from GAF SS a few years ago.

Looking forward to the kwik e mart!

That's a great SS gift!

The Kwik E Mart looks like such a huge improvement in quality over the Simpsons House proper. I'm really looking forward to it and love the fact that they didn't skimp on its size!

Given that it's May 4th soon I'm thinking that the Red Five & Tie Fighter sets will take precedence over Kwik E Mart for the promotions. It will follow in June/July though, depending on whether or not my wife realizes how much the family is actually spending on LEGO.

ghostmind

The upcoming Star Wars Celebration exclusive set:

qpjCMre.jpg

Micro-scale LEGO replica of an iconic scene on Tatooine from Star Wars: Episode IV, builders can assemble Aunt Beru’s and Uncle Owen’s house, complete with a moisture collection machine. Next to the house is the Landspeeder that Luke Skywalker™ will use to begin his adventures. Also included in the mini landscape are micro versions of C-3PO and R2-D2, who are sold to Luke and Uncle Owen by the Jawas™ alongside of their micro-scale Sandcrawler™. The set also includes a C-3PO minifigure.

Hopefully I will have a clearer picture soon... but I need this.

Rootbeer

Banned
Pretty cool. Thankfully it's not something I see as being NEED (it would be SO INCREDIBLE to attend Celebration though, I need to plan to attend it, maybe next year?)

Are those microfigures just like the ones in the Helicarrier? If so I look forward to seeing how they look.

I bet that C-3PO has the Sandcrawler Printing, which is really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom