• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

cSc3DUg.jpg

GAP4ITV.jpg

52yiOcK.jpg

JYEHNS2.jpg

CREATOR 4-in1???

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Sharing my most recently completed MOC... The Homer!

I've wanted to use the LEGO Christmas bauble (part no 12708) in a build for AGES. When I found the Hot Wheels version of The Homer the other day lightning struck.

Very happy with this - required a PAB swoop, plus four green Mixels packs, and a handful of my spares, plus some LEGO Atlantis flippers for the spoiler.

I've wanted to use the LEGO Christmas bauble (part no 12708) in a build for AGES. When I found the Hot Wheels version of The Homer the other day lightning struck.

Very happy with this - required a PAB swoop, plus four green Mixels packs, and a handful of my spares, plus some LEGO Atlantis flippers for the spoiler.

That is awesome! Really well done. The whole thing looks really soft and yielding. Kind of like a nerf ball I suppose.

What does this monstrosity cost!?!?

robochimp

Did you find the hotwheels version at a regular store? I've been keeping an eye out for it, but guessed they were not out in the wild anymore.

The Unicorn Girl is a must, must have. I've reside myself to just picking up the odd CMF set but I'll definitely get all the suits.

I just read the Blocks article about future classic sets and one of them was the Lone Ranger Constitution train. I said I was going to leave those sets but I might be able to justify if you guys think it will go well with the Christmas sets?

Mr Mike

Did you find the hotwheels version at a regular store? I've been keeping an eye out for it, but guessed they were not out in the wild anymore.

Yep, at a TRU here in the UK. Used it for a fair bit of reference in terms of the dimensions/proportions for this.

Also, Supa Necta and Palacebrother - ;)
I read up a on the ep a fair bit to remind myself of the details, so love the quotes.

So simple and clever I cannot imagine why I haven't seen this before. Great idea and an excellent build.

Mr Mike

So simple and clever I cannot imagine why I haven't seen this before. Great idea and an excellent build.

Thanks!

And yes, it's curious not many have attempted it.

I had to force myself to not Google other MOCs of it, but when I did last night after finishing this I was surprised to find just one or two. There is one on LEGO Ideas which has 200+ votes, and another from May - they get some of the ergonomics right, but on a smaller scale. I like that mine has two seats up front as per Homer's original vision!

The Unicorn Girl is a must, must have. I've reside myself to just picking up the odd CMF set but I'll definitely get all the suits.

I just read the Blocks article about future classic sets and one of them was the Lone Ranger Constitution train. I said I was going to leave those sets but I might be able to justify if you guys think it will go well with the Christmas sets?

I love this set. I bought two at a nice discount so I can mod it with extra cars.

That is awesome. I wish I have time to MOC stuffs like you guys. I need to drop some of my other hobbies.

This talk of LUGs on here made me look into any in KY. Looks like there is one, but it is about three or more hours away. Damn. But they did have a KY LEGO con back in April, so they might have another this year. Might be worth looking into.

Or, how does one go about setting up their own LUG? Where would I put out feelers for others in the area that want to get together for projects or just show stuff off?

That's a shame about the return of Hoth Han. I already have him. I wonder why he gets a redo. February/Winter maybe. Oh well. Guess it allows me to not have to spend money.

Brickset posted an article about this display system previously. It's quite awesome and a great idea. Only issue is it's too pricey IMO. This image does a good job of selling it though. Imagine a huge wall like this. Would be so awesome!

via http://brickset.com/article/12891

These look super awesome. Would love to get one but I worry about the studs not being strong enough or the panel chipping and simply letting the studs go through.

Yeah. Just use some white and red. You may want to convert the gun car to a present car or something else less deadly.

Haha yeah a getting gun may spoil the mood!

Prepare to be annoyed UK'ers (potentially the rest of Europe as well?) if you bought the Lego movie at launch. Warner Bros are re-releaseing the movie with the special edition vitruvious figure the US got. The cheapest place to pre order is Asda.

http://brickset.com/article/12899/the-lego-movie-minifigure-edition-released-next-week-in-the-uk

Yeah, so that Creator Dragon? I personally think it looks pretty good and this might sway me into NOT having to get Lonely Mountain for that non brick built Smaug after all hmmm...

I may just get my Dragon fix this way now!

Rootbeer

Banned
Just got my LEGO Space/Star Wars shirt...the print is a little high up on the shirt :/

I thought the EXACT same thing as I was taking mine out of the package yesterday. Oh well... It will still be fun to wear at conventions. I don't regret buying it.
I scan the Constitution Train at my local TRU every single week waiting for it to get slashed. They still have a bunch and it's not on their website any more.
How do you scan an item at TRU? I know it's easy to do at Target because they have those little scanners all over the place. TRU has those? Never noticed. Or are you bringing them up to the customer service?

BTW, speaking of scanning... I have been getting in the habit of scanning sets at Target lately. I scanned the V-Wing and it rang up as 21.49 instead of 24.99, coupled with the RED Card 5% discount I decided to just grab it since not only is it being discontinued but it was the last set I needed to complete my 2014 SW set. I have everything except the Sand Crawler (so far... :p)

Also picked up a Cap vs Hydra set for 14.99 marked down from 19.99. Already own it but felt like army building that tank + Hydra Soldier.

Neither of these are the best deals, but good enough for me to hop on. Hoping I can find some really great deals as we move into the holidays.

OH and... those 2015 creator sets... Goddammmmnnnn :) So good. easily the best brick built dragon in that price range LEGO has ever made.

I'm a bit sick of seeing wall-to-wall firetruck red and banana yellow in creator sets but I'm still not passing on that dragon.

They do love their red dragons don't they?

I do really like when they mix dark red and red. I want more bricks in the dark versions of red, blue, and green.

Haha yeah a getting gun may spoil the mood!

Prepare to be annoyed UK'ers (potentially the rest of Europe as well?) if you bought the Lego movie at launch. Warner Bros are re-releaseing the movie with the special edition vitruvious figure the US got. The cheapest place to pre order is Asda.

http://brickset.com/article/12899/the-lego-movie-minifigure-edition-released-next-week-in-the-uk

That sucks! My sympathies.

How do you scan an item at TRU? I know it's easy to do at Target because they have those little scanners all over the place. TRU has those? Never noticed. Or are you bringing them up to the customer service?

Most CDN TRU locations have scanners in the aisles, much like Target. I haven't seen them in American TRU stores, which may be in line with your experience.

looks like the Playstation Store has a bunch of Lego dynamic themes up I think for PS3:

- LEGO: Baseplate Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

- LEGO: Builder Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

- LEGO: Classic Spaceman Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

- LEGO: Discovery World Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

- LEGO: Spilling Bricks Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

That Skull Island set reminds me of the Volcano Island set...just not as good. And Creator is knocking it out of the park as of late, I want them all!

ghostmind

That Skull Island set reminds me of the Volcano Island set...just not as good. And Creator is knocking it out of the park as of late, I want them all!

I think that should be the tag line for the 2015 Pirates theme - "Reminds you of past sets... just not as good."

The minifigs are stellar though for Pirates fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom