• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
akB1zeh.jpg

Ooh, I really like that kart. Might have to pick it up. Is there a release date for these?

My Amaro Little Spud arrived today. I'd take a picture but I don't have the means to set him up nicely. The connection mold seems a little iffy. It would be nice to hear about the other ones out there that fellow GAFers purchased.

Spent almost 30 minutes at work today feeling out CMF 12, thought I got everyone I needed but when I got home I realized I grabbed two Wizards and not a Wizard and a Princess. Luckily I was able to figure it out before opening the second one so I can still take it back and exchange it.

So now I have everyone, including 3 Musketeers (eheheheh), two Jesters and two Greek Warriors (the doubles still in their bags, not sure if I'll keep them), but I'm missing the Princess. Drat!

Spent almost 30 minutes at work today feeling out CMF 12, thought I got everyone I needed but when I got home I realized I grabbed two Wizards and not a Wizard and a Princess. Luckily I was able to figure it out before opening the second one so I can still take it back and exchange it.

So now I have everyone, including 3 Musketeers (eheheheh), two Jesters and two Greek Warriors (the doubles still in their bags, not sure if I'll keep them), but I'm missing the Princess. Drat!

Then feeling the princess was also the last one I found. ;)

Caladrius

The creator stuff is fantastic this year. I'll probably get at least a couple sets.

What I'm hearing about the Bionicle sets is also reassuring.

Argos is having its buy 2 toys get 1 free just now for the next few days (Uk and Ireland) its coming up to Christmas so good for a kids Christmas...
.It is all toys including lego!
.buy two sets get the 3rd free (cheapest one)

I'm gonna wind up making some terrible purchasing decisions if I can ever manage to fit lego into my budget again. I love the tiny creator buildings and some of the swamp sets. Also a couple of the other creator sets and the tiny pirate island.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
All those new sets look fantastic, especially the Creator stuff.

That Pirates set honestly doesnt look as bad as I imagined- if the rest of the wave is like that I can see it being another money sink for my bank.

Are these all December/January btw?

ghostmind

All those new sets look fantastic, especially the Creator stuff.

That Pirates set honestly doesnt look as bad as I imagined- if the rest of the wave is like that I can see it being another money sink for my bank.

Are these all December/January btw?

This is for North America:

Disney Princess, Friends, LEGO Movie, and Star Wars - January confirmed
CITY, CREATOR - January very likely (almost confirmed at this point)
DC Super Heroes - was listed as January at SDCC
Chima, Ninjago, Pirates, Technic - possibly January, but no confirmation
Elves, Speed Champions, Ultra Agents - later I think

Rootbeer

Banned
A poster on Eurobricks is claiming that the Rocket Raccoon polybag will be available in US TRU's within the next couple weeks.
Probably with a $30/50/75/etc. superhero purchase?

Wtf I going to buy... I literally have them all.

I hope the Juniors batman set will count. I do need that one.

cassidyarch

Neo Member
New mold on the crocodiles--and possibly the swordfish head (the body's still the same).

That swordfish is a real step down from the BIG shark that came with the last Pirate's line ship. What happened to the big shark? It was only in two or three sets. That guy ruled, you could put a whole minifig in the mouth and close it.

The creator stuff is fantastic this year. I'll probably get at least a couple sets.

What I'm hearing about the Bionicle sets is also reassuring.

I don't know much about Bionicle, but these are amazing (MOCs, not official LEGO versions):

15647548112_a065dd476d.jpg
15477072577_f88f9ab44d.jpg

Vos-Ēon - Master of Radiance by Brickthing, on Flickr
Tarakia - Master of Mind by Brickthing, on Flickr

15420023400_2d3d78862c.jpg
14971563174_7102a4d19a.jpg

Kulgai - Master of Vine by Brickthing, on Flickr
Onuta - Master of Claw by Brickthing, on Flickr

New mold on the crocodiles--and possibly the swordfish head (the body's still the same).

That swordfish is a real step down from the BIG shark that came with the last Pirate's line ship. What happened to the big shark? It was only in two or three sets. That guy ruled, you could put a whole minifig in the mouth and close it.

I believe it's a sawshark. Swordfish has a non-serrated "sword" like a foil or rapier.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Just the skull island and the small soldier tower for me.

Is that the first appearance of dark red brick bricks? Ive never seen them before but im willing to bet they'll be used in the Detective Agency somewhere.

ghostmind

Just the skull island and the small soldier tower for me.

Is that the first appearance of dark red brick bricks? Ive never seen them before but im willing to bet they'll be used in the Detective Agency somewhere.

AFAIK, this is the first appearance of the dark red brick bricks.

These could be in huge demand on the secondary market, once the Pirate sets are released.

This got lost on the last page, but anyone here with a PS3 might want to get the classic spaceman dynamic theme along with other dynamic themes that were released yesterday:

- LEGO: Baseplate Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

- LEGO: Builder Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

- LEGO: Classic Spaceman Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

- LEGO: Discovery World Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

- LEGO: Spilling Bricks Dynamic Theme ($2.99)

So LEGOGaf, what's the consensus on the current Rebels sets. Been considerring picking them up, but I'm still undecided. Sell me on them/Talk me out of it.

Been a while since I posted, though granted, it's been a while since I picked up any LEGO though that changed last weekend.

Decided to buy this on a whim:

He's currently attached to my backpack as a zipper pull.

ghostmind

In the "bad decision LEGO" news, it appears that December will be the last mini-model build for the foreseeable future. I don't know if the LEGO Club meetings have been cancelled as well, but there are none advertised in the November or December calendars.

I hope this just means that LEGO is refreshing the programs, or replacing them with something new, because they were/are insanely popular at any LEGO stores I have visited.

With that note, here is the cool November mini-model build:

1A731CH.jpg

So LEGOGaf, what's the consensus on the current Rebels sets. Been considerring picking them up, but I'm still undecided. Sell me on them/Talk me out of it.

Well, I think there are only two aren't there?

I have the lousy one (the Phantom), which honestly isn't the worst set ever. The ship has some interesting elements while I like both figs (the mask is cool, as is the smaller-than-usual astromech).

ghostmind

LOMIS on Eurobricks has created a couple renders to show how the new Pirate sets can be combined. Note that these renders do not show new parts/prints (ie. the new alligator).

7ZOrdUK.jpg

HKFSUCU.jpg

Caladrius

I don't know much about Bionicle, but these are amazing (MOCs, not official LEGO versions):

Hot damn, that level of detail and color variety is great.
The HF 2.0 system doesn't get enough credit as far as MOC's are concerned.

pumped... only a few months away!

http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=7103

Bionicle is going to be a big money sink for me, but probably not as bad as it was for me originally since they arent doing the random mask packs anymore.

Indeed. I'm curious to see what the smaller sets are like.

mojiimbo

In the "bad decision LEGO" news, it appears that December will be the last mini-model build for the foreseeable future. I don't know if the LEGO Club meetings have been cancelled as well, but there are none advertised in the November or December calendars.

I hope this just means that LEGO is refreshing the programs, or replacing them with something new, because they were/are insanely popular at any LEGO stores I have visited.
Lego Club meetings take a break during the holiday months so those should start back up in January.

The turnout for the builds in the summer months when school isn't in session is insane but it calms back down in the fall. I believe the official reason why they left the November and December builds off the calendar is because they were experimenting with the way they promote them because they were running out of sets too fast. Obviously the solution would be to make more of them to satisfy demand but it might be a supply chain issue holding them back, I guess. I really hope it's not because they were phasing them out. There was a period last year when they were doing two different builds a month and they eventually phased that second one out pretty abruptly.

ghostmind

I haven't given Bionicle much exposure in this thread, so to rectify that a bit, here are the upcoming sets launching in January.

hjSVUMM.jpg

AE3aJin.jpg

xWGun2d.jpg

Hm0J2is.jpg

xYDvUK0.jpg

3o5fGpz.jpg

EXuKJnB.jpg

bPiV3E6.jpg

wrebGUU.jpg

g0xvtX8.jpg

I2nx2I2.jpg

V528mwJ.jpg

ak7yQKW.jpg

Probably with a $30/50/75/etc. superhero purchase?

Wtf I going to buy... I literally have them all.

I hope the Juniors batman set will count. I do need that one.

Reports say being sold November 16th at $4.99.

I'll stop by that morning and if I can grab extras I'll get some for non-North America LEGOGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom