• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Star Wars Rebels is sucking me in. We need Sabine & Inquisitor figures stat. Wonder how they will do the latter's light saber?

With a sweet new lightsaber mould:

Xejv5d8.jpg

But Sabine does not have her Mandalorian helmet! Hoping that it shows up in the Summer wave, or someone makes a custom printed one.

With a sweet new lightsaber mold:

Xejv5d8.jpg

But Sabine does not have her Mandalorian helmet! Hoping that it shows up in the Summer wave, or someone makes a custom printed one.

That's amazing, thanks. I remember seeing that image but not having seen the show I didn't get the context.

Sabine's pink Mandalorian helmet is crucial! They included the helmet Ezra wore once in the Phantom, but no hot-pink Mandalorian action? Annoying.

R-User!

I was just thinking about the potential Helicarrier...

Wouldn't it be awesome if the rumored release of the Helicarrier had power functions adaptability to make the turbines spin?!

That'd be sweet!

I'm starting to hope that that set does come true. ghostmind, got any updates on that front?

ghostmind

I was just thinking about the potential Helicarrier...

Wouldn't it be awesome if the rumored release of the Helicarrier had power functions adaptability to make the turbines spin?!

That'd be sweet!

I'm starting to hope that that set does come true. ghostmind, got any updates on that front?

No... too far away still.

Like everyone else, I'm just waiting with anticipation for the Detective Agency reveal.

Then after that it's the long wait for February and Toy Fair season.

That's amazing, thanks. I remember seeing that image but not having seen the show I didn't get the context.

Sabine's pink Mandalorian helmet is crucial! They included the helmet Ezra wore once in the Phantom, but no hot-pink Mandalorian action? Annoying.

How else do you think LEGO will make you buy multiple sets with the same exact minifig. :) If the helmet uses the same existing mould, LEGO is just holding out to use later.

Rootbeer

Banned

They also should have given us a new lightsaber mold for Ezra... come on, his saber is really unique looking. The way LEGO chose to do it is really cheap :(
According the BrickFan which cites Eurobricks and BrickShow.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/more-details-about-lego-marvel-gotg-rocket-raccoon-5002145-polybag/

LEGO Marvel GotG Rocket Raccoon (5002145) Polybag
11/16 TRU street date standalone @ $4.99
I'm scared...

I have trouble finding these kinds of polybags at TRU, even if it has a "strict" date of Nov 16th I have my doubts I'll be able to find it.

I will be trying my damnest though... at 4.99 i'd probably pick up more than one... hope I can find them :( Otherwise... guess it's off to ebay after that date.

Anyone else find it noteworthy that they are actually selling it though? I thought they couldn't do that. What, include a sticker sheet and suddenly it's not a single packed figure anymore? if that's the case, I want to see a LOT more of these. Yes, give us The Collector next.
I am concerned about the Sticker Champions as well... but the release timing is great for my birthday! Still cautiously optimistic about getting at least half of the sets.
Sticker Champions... I love it. Goddamn your stickers LEGO.

Scored yesterday at Target in Alameda, CA. Found 15 of the arctic polybags marked down 90% due to the Halloween clearance. Only $0.34 each! Needless to say, I scooped them all up. Good times.

Scored yesterday at Target in Alameda, CA. Found 15 of the arctic polybags marked down 90% due to the Halloween clearance. Only $0.34 each! Needless to say, I scooped them all up. Good times.

Nice. Great for orange parts or trade bait.

You should MOC an arctic mech.

Ravek

Banned

Wtf, how come I NEVER see these kind of sales at my Targets?!

Ironmask

According the BrickFan which cites Eurobricks and BrickShow.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/more-details-about-lego-marvel-gotg-rocket-raccoon-5002145-polybag/

LEGO Marvel GotG Rocket Raccoon (5002145) Polybag
11/16 TRU street date standalone @ $4.99

Ouch, knowing that they were giving it away with only a xx amount purchase i decided to bid and ended up getting two for 35$ each. I know that's a lot but im pretty sure that they will not be available in Europe and i needed that stickers for my Milano. Better luck next time... :'(

Ofc i'm happy for who waited

I picked up a bunch of the BR Toys exclusive minifig, the toy soldier, at about 70% off. Those things really can't have been successful. Also got three CMF for the price of two.

I picked up a bunch of the BR Toys exclusive minifig, the toy soldier, at about 70% off. Those things really can't have been successful. Also got three CMF for the price of two.

Those BR exclusives are U-G-L-Y. However, the torso and legs can be used to make your own toy soldier. Just need to customize a soldier hat from the pirate sets and put in a new head.

LEGO Toy Soldiers by wiredforlego, on Flickr

EDIT: looking closer at the head piece, the face print isn't too bad. It's that hat that is awful.

Rootbeer

Banned
yeah except you wouldn't know it was Sabine unless you read the box. She should come with her signature helmet. They already have the mold, all they need to do is cast it in a new color and apply new paint, is that so hard?

Ironmask

yeah except you wouldn't know it was Sabine unless you read the box. She should come with her signature helmet. They already have the mold, all they need to do is cast it in a new color and apply new paint, is that so hard?

Don't worry, lego will do it ib the future. We just waited 4 years to get a non batman DC set

It turned out I wasn't quite done shopping for the day. A local outlet chain gets old Lego sets in time for Christmas. I bought the Samurai Mech, but they also had the four-headed dragon, the GS mantis and some minotaur and Hobbit games. Oh, and the Deathwing Megabloks set (lol).

via HothBricks

eX1AzSz.jpg

Cool. New king crown mould I was hoping for.

Disappointed in Disco Diva hair. I was hoping for another color.

WTF with Cyclops. Just new print. They could have at least made it another color or something.

I like the Sheriff. Not clear if that stache is same black one or a new brown one.

Happy with the version of Egyptian Warrior. That head piece will be useful.

Paleontologist isn't exciting except for the new hat that has hair attached to it.

Looks like someone with a cape...maybe evil wizard?

So far this is confirmed from the most recent list:

Alien Trooper
King
Lady Cyclops
Snake Charmer
Paleontologist
Sheriff
Disco Diva
Unicorn Girl
Fencer
Egyptian Warrior

Seems like the list is fairly legit. Remaining figs on list:

Galaxy Trooper
Evil Wizard
Goblin
Carpenter
Hot Dog Guy
Samurai
Fencer

How do people enjoy the Star Wars advent calendar? Kids like them?

My kids aren't a big Star Wars fans at all, but they like the Star Wars advent calendars. I skipped last years. It didn't look that great and it was a lot more pricey. This year's calendar looks great for minifigs. The other micro builds are nice, but many are rehashes. I'm sure my kids will like this years.

The sheriff will be nice to have even though there's not really any new parts.

It'd be great if we got Futurama CMF. I prefer that over the Simpsons ones.

I'm 1000% with you on the Futurama CMFs. Will never happen, but we can dream.

Ponn

Banned
So it's getting close to sale mayhem. I got a lovely surprise in the mail yesterday. My insurance company decided to finally reimburse me for a very large medical bill I had to pay months ago. I'm going to pay off some bills so I can stop worrying about them and that will leave me with enough left to splurge on either Sea Cow or Tumbler. Tumbler isn't in stock but i noticed they changed it from 2015 to in stock soon. Should i go for the Tumbler and stick with my superhero theme or is Sea Cow really a must own set?

Also since its getting close what are peoples guesses on sales for Brick Friday? I imagine some star wars sets of course. Will they clearance out the LoTR/Hobbit theme? Would they discount Lego Movie stuff or is it selling too well? I personally think they will clearance out the rest of the LoTR line and any past Hobbit sets left like Dol Guldur.

Rootbeer

Banned
GkH3W7t.jpg

The start of my stormtrooper army. I've been buying used 7667s on eBay.

I'm going to be doing some army building myself... but I'm waiting for the Troop Transport. Though I guess those are rebels versions? Personally I don't care, they look very similar and I don't have any qualms about mixing and matching the prints, as long as they are all fairly recent (some of the earlier ones look dated)

Do you think that there are still Mr. Gold's in the wild? What series was he in? Not sure if that is the name... but..

CMF Series 10. And yes, I'm sure there are still some out there in the wild but they would be harder and harder to get since most packs have probably been felt up. Your best bet would be to buy a sealed box of 60 packs, but of course, that doesn't guarantee you'll get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom