• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone here recommend me a set that is fun to build in the vein of 9500 Sith Fury-class Interceptor? I know Benny's spcaship is supposed to be good but it doesn't look similar.

As MrPressStart says, the Tie Prototype is awesome but definitely smaller. If you can still find it the Mandalorian Fighter is a vastly underrated ship in my opinion.

If you're looking for something bigger that's currently available I'd recommend splurging on Slave One. It's an incredible build and just looks fantastic. The rest of the current SW line is mediocre in my opinion, with the exception of the Custom Starfighter. It's in my backlog so I can't comment on the build.

I haven't built the newest Quinjet but the original was great if you can find it.

rallaren

If you're looking for something bigger that's currently available I'd recommend splurging on Slave One. It's an incredible build and just looks fantastic.
I had nearly forgot about that one. Ordered. Uh oh. (first set I order from S@H)
I haven't built the newest Quinjet but the original was great if you can find it.
Yes I have the first Quinjet and it was a good build but not like the Sith Fury.

ghostmind

To celebrate the Star Wars Digital Movie Collection being released, LEGO has released these poster re-creations:

34S9dkG.jpg

Apparently LEGO will be giving out free print versions at Celebration next week, and will be including them as promo items from S@H (and LEGO stores), starting on May 4th weekend.

Rootbeer

Banned
Why are they using Clone Wars yoda for those posters?

Even LEGO themselves doesn't like that new Yoda sculpt!

Oh look another poster :)

CCPpbvgVIAEnP1X.jpg:large

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I bought my first Ninjago sets today. Didn't plan on doing so because the theme isn't really my thing, but there was a promotion where, if you buy the Boulder Blaster set you get the Anacondrai Crusher for free. They had the 2015 mech polybags as well, and I thought why the hell not? Especially because they come with the new ball joints.

atIQmBL.jpg

So all this for €30, couldn't pass up on that!

I just built them, and while they're pretty fun, I'm probably going to disassemble them for parts. The Builder Blaster especially seems great for some steampunk mocs.

3N16MA

Banned
Both the AT-AT and Star Destroyer are back on walmart.ca for half price. Out of stock but you can try to PM in store or at TRU.

Question for you lovely people. By jumping into Star Wars (my ISD just shipped today by the way, gotta make space for it) I pretty much boned myself out of Modulars. Just no humanly way possible I can afford that to, it was one or the other. So my question is what sets should take priority at this point out of the ones i'm looking at.

1)Tumbler
2) Red Five X-Wing
3) Slave-1
4) The Mixer

If Ferris Wheel is coming out soon i'm wondering if Mixer will be retired and I want it and Ferris Wheel for something I got planned for Halloween. Red Five is older and i'm sure thats going oop soon but wondering if I should wait till May 4th on it. Lego Dimensions is just throwing a big ol' wrench into my plans. August/September were going to be my Scooby Doo sets and maybe the new Millennium Falcon if it looks good.

Definitely Red Five first. It's been rumored to be retiring soon, but who knows for sure. I do know that I have not seen the Red Five in my local store since late last year and it's been backordered on S@H for some time now. It's also been out the longest as you've stated. Do you think Red Five will be discounted for May 4th? Is that why you would wait?

As for The Mixer, I think you'll have some to pick that one up. It's been a slow seller. I read that opinion on other boards and I was just at my local store yesterday and they had a ton on the shelves (10+) with possibly more in the back. I don't think they'll retire it when the Ferris Wheel releases because it was only released less than a year ago (June 2014?) and because it's a slow seller.

Don't count modulars out just yet. I know you say there's no humanly possible way for you to get into it, but they're great sets. Just buy the Parisian Restaurant and decide after that. ;)

wetwired

does anyone have a link to that forum which had all the current PAB wall parts? I have a friend in New York atm and want to know what they have.

I found this site http://wallofbricks.com/ but the NY store parts haven't been updated since last year.

Looks like he's a the rockafellar plaza one

does anyone have a link to that forum which had all the current PAB wall parts? I have a friend in New York atm and want to know what they have.

I found this site http://wallofbricks.com/ but the NY store parts haven't been updated since last year.

Looks like he's a the rockafellar plaza one

If you have someone going to that location, see if they can scoop up any of the special items. They have playing cards, magnets & stickers that aren't available at any other location.

neonglow

As I was pre-ordering LEGO Dimensions stuff, it occurred to me that LEGO retail stores would probably have some type of promotion for it in September/October. I wonder what they could offer as an incentive. Possibly some type of mini model that attaches to the portal gateway or something?

wetwired

If you have someone going to that location, see if they can scoop up any of the special items. They have playing cards, magnets & stickers that aren't available at any other location.

I saw him grab a heap of that kinda stuff for himself (he's already been to 2 stores but is staying at a hotel nearby)

To be honest that stuff has never really interested me.

He took a video of the PAB wall for me but he pans by every bin so fast I can't make out shit

They probably won't since they're competing with Disney Infinity, which is going to have a huge star wars push this year. But you have Star Wars Lego/X Wing Miniatures game/Armada miniatures game/Star Wars Infinity to get your Star Wars fix (and that's not including all the statues and stuff).

I wonder if Disney would see a single pack as supporting competition of Infinity?
Han Solo and a mini Falcon wouldn't seem too crazy especially after the Lego movie.

wetwired

I wonder if Disney would see a single pack as supporting competition of Infinity?
Han Solo and a mini Falcon wouldn't seem too crazy especially after the Lego movie.

It's not likely but then again I thought they'd never make a Marvel LEGO Game since WB owned TT Games but I was proven wrong

Ponn

Banned
Definitely Red Five first. It's been rumored to be retiring soon, but who knows for sure. I do know that I have not seen the Red Five in my local store since late last year and it's been backordered on S@H for some time now. It's also been out the longest as you've stated. Do you think Red Five will be discounted for May 4th? Is that why you would wait?

As for The Mixer, I think you'll have some to pick that one up. It's been a slow seller. I read that opinion on other boards and I was just at my local store yesterday and they had a ton on the shelves (10+) with possibly more in the back. I don't think they'll retire it when the Ferris Wheel releases because it was only released less than a year ago (June 2014?) and because it's a slow seller.

Don't count modulars out just yet. I know you say there's no humanly possible way for you to get into it, but they're great sets. Just buy the Parisian Restaurant and decide after that. ;)

Was waiting till May 4th just on the off chance they actually have some type of discount this year. Or at least I could get the promo polybag.

I really wanted to get into modulars to make a superhero display. I knew it would come down to Star Wars or them. Lego Dimensions pretty much sealed that deal. All the Scooby Doo sets coming out in August, Lego Dimensions in Sept, need to get Mixer and Ferris wheel by Halloween, Joker Funland, Helicarrier, Christmas set then the aforementioned sets adding UCS Tie Fighter and a couple of the fall Star Wars sets. I'm not even sure how I can cover all those sets. Thankfully I don't buy as many video games as I used to.

Speaking of Lego Dimensions, wouldn't it be cool if they did some revival of old lines for a couple of sets? Like Monster Fighters, Galaxy Squad, Blacktron. Wonder if they will do some Scooby Doo sets. I also wonder if they could take advantage of the WB partnership on this and do some of those properties like Matrix. They could probably make a killing by letting Lego do Looney Tunes and then adding that in the mix to combat Disney a little.

We are getting a PROPER hoverboard accessory!

I wonder if I'll end up sinking more money into this than amiibo? Time shall tell...

ExpansionPack_Americas_BTTFLevelPack.0.jpg

Sadness on the no new mould thingy on LEGO Idea sets. Now I need to buy that pack for a hover board?

ugh not sure what to make of that announcement...

Can they detach? Will there be exclusive figures? hmmm I already don't like how much i spend on Amiibos so this will have to be AWESOME to convince me to get into it...

I've heard from a fairly reliable source they are indeed detachable. Will be interesting if that is true. People can resell the minifigure if they don't care about it since I think the base is all that would be needed for the game.

EDIT: I just realized the reverse is true. I can buy it for the minfig and sell the base. Hope that's the case.

More surprised about the Wizard of OZ stuff... is that property owned by WB or who?

Also, if there's a Back to the Future set, I can only guess that a ghostbusters set will be a thing sometime.

Lego Wizard of Oz is something I didn't know I needed until now.

I really really hope they actually release some sets based off of it, considering that Lego Movie and Chima are ending this year, Jurassic World and Scooby-Doo are supposedly single-wave themes, and nobody really knows what will happen beyond the third wave of Ultra Agents and second wave of Minecraft. There's also been no rumors I've seen of Speed Champions extending to a second wave, have there?

Should be interesting if they do make a set or sets. I just think it would be roaly effed if they have the characters in the game with no physical counterparts beyond the Wicked Witch and let's face it, she's the most generic character they could have chosen. I need a Lego Scottie dog ;__;

Wasn't there a Wizard of OZ LEGO Ideas project? I can't remember if it was rejected or is still being decided on.

Kitsuné;159620278 said:
I bought my first Ninjago sets today. Didn't plan on doing so because the theme isn't really my thing, but there was a promotion where, if you buy the Boulder Blaster set you get the Anacondrai Crusher for free. They had the 2015 mech polybags as well, and I thought why the hell not? Especially because they come with the new ball joints.

atIQmBL.jpg

So all this for €30, couldn't pass up on that!

I just built them, and while they're pretty fun, I'm probably going to disassemble them for parts. The Builder Blaster especially seems great for some steampunk mocs.

I'm a big Ninjago fan. I just finished watching the latest series that these sets are based. I think this latest wave and the show are back on track (good).

wetwired

nooo, I heard Myer (a local department store) had buy 2 get one free and had Detective Agencies in stock. I went in this morning to find not only was my local out of stock, all of Australia was sold out :(

A point that was brought up on Eurobricks - there is a donut on Joel`s desk that is pretty prominent at the end of the trailer...

A hint for a future expansion?

n7lsOEd.jpg

This is a stretch, but OMG if they do Futurama (Matt Groenig's other cartoon) I'll pay for the pack even if I don't have the game!

Zerojul

The completist in me shivers at the idea of this Lego Dimensions thing. It's gonna be terrible for my wallet, especially if it's as successful as I think it might be.
I just hope we don't have to face those ridiculous Amiibo scalpers kinda deals and the merchandise is actually widely available (which I think it will).
Anyway I think I will have to preorder a PS4 copy just to be safe. Hurry up, Amazon.fr !!!

RobbieNick

Someone pointed this out in the other thread:

YIzu8qo.png

Who wants to try and guess all the figures on the top of the box? Third in from the left looks a heck of a lot like Bart. Yellow head, red shirt, blue (child-size?) legs. Hmm.

Also I noticed that the portal only has one spot to put something down on. How.. does that work with the game? In Disney Infinity and Skylanders there are multiple ports. DI, for example, has the port that you put your level piece on, and then two ports for two figures, and then for things like weapons or vehicles you put those tokens on the portals under the character you're playing as.

So if I wanna play as Batman and use the DeLorean, how.. will that work? Hmm.

Edit: There is an awful lot of unused space on the portal floor, I wonder if the entire white part is the NFC base? So your vehicle or items go on that and your character goes in the actual portal? Ahhhh I need more infooooo

I hope that we sell these in the Lego Store. Probably won't sell the game (we never do for whatever reason) but the expansion packs... get that sweet sweet discount.

I took the image and upscaled it. It's fuzzy but it sure looks like Homer near the top left and Bart ob the bottom left with Emmet right next to hi. also in the middle is Krusty the Clown next to Unikitty. fuzzy, but the colors match up perfectly.

melike75

Neo Member
nooo, I heard Myer (a local department store) had buy 2 get one free and had Detective Agencies in stock. I went in this morning to find not only was my local out of stock, all of Australia was sold out :(

You would have had to be pretty lucky to get one. From what I heard most places had them already reserved or put on hold or scalpers were their at the second of opening and bought all stock. Also apparently Myer said that only the capital city stores would get any in stock. So that kind of limits it. Whats that ..8 stores in the whole country which had any in stock. And many of those less than 5 units. So..maybe 50 for the whole country - which sounds ridiculous...

Edit: Should change that...i think it was only city stores..which still kind of limits it. Myer has since come out and said they only allow 5 per customer of a certain item after there was a bit of a backlash but when shops are only getting in less than that it doesnt help.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm trying to plot out my LEGO purchases between now and the end of May

is anything releasing throughout the rest of April? (why doesn't brickset have a website feature to better inform you of what's coming out and when? o_O)

I guess on May 1st we'll have:
Kwik-e-Mart
Simpsons Series 2 minifigures
Jurassic world (or is that later in may?)
star wars summer wave including the new UCS TIE

am I missing anything?

I have a little over $100 in points, i'll probably dump those into Jurassic World to take the sting off the prices on them.

This is going to be rough... I absolutely can not pass on any Dino sets since I've already been kicking myself for missing the last ones. I might have to delay the Kwik-E-Mart purchase, we'll see, but I'm most definitely getting all of Simpsons S2. Probably 1 or 2 SW sets and wait to get the rest later.
The completist in me shivers at the idea of this Lego Dimensions thing. It's gonna be terrible for my wallet, especially if it's as successful as I think it might be.
I just hope we don't have to face those ridiculous Amiibo scalpers kinda deals and the merchandise is actually widely available (which I think it will).
Anyway I think I will have to preorder a PS4 copy just to be safe. Hurry up, Amazon.fr !!!
I went ahead and pre-ordered everything and the PS4 version... I'm not sure if I'll keep all the pre-orders or not, we'll see what they reveal about the game over the coming months. Even if it looks quite bad, I think I will at least get the base game, the BttF set and the Wizard of Oz Witch.

I hope that future CMF series come with a code or base to use in the game. The other minifigures game is okay but probably not on the same level as this.

namtab37

Neo Member
76pfK4G.jpg

If you look in close you can see that the base just had two studs that the figures attach to. I really believe they will be detachable. Also, the fact that they list piece count (not on this one but others do) helps support that you have to build the figures and minibuilds before attaching them to the base.

Rootbeer

Banned
If you look in close you can see that the base just had two studs that the figures attach to. I really believe they will be detachable. Also, the fact that they list piece count (not on this one but others do) helps support that you have to build the figures and minibuilds before attaching them to the base.

They will be fully buildable and detachable from the bases, you are right... I think it's amusing that so many aren't sure about this. It seems very obvious to me from the initial reveal. They could have made it clearer, though.

I'm so glad they are all ordinary LEGO parts. This really sets Dimensions apart from other Toys-to-Life games which are static figures.

And if you think about it, this is really the only way they could have came out with a Toys-to-Life game and not had people freaking out. Nobody wants faux LEGO builds. It's just going to upset a LOT of kids and AFOLs.

Ponn

Banned
They will be fully buildable and detachable from the bases, you are right... I think it's amusing that so many aren't sure about this. It seems very obvious to me from the initial reveal. They could have made it clearer, though.

I'm so glad they are all ordinary LEGO parts. This really sets Dimensions apart from other Toys-to-Life games which are static figures.

And if you think about it, this is really the only way they could have came out with a Toys-to-Life game and not had people freaking out. Nobody wants faux LEGO builds. It's just going to upset a LOT of kids and AFOLs.

I only watched the extended trailer so maybe it wasn't in the shorter one but Joel re-building the mini-batmobile made it clear for me. Being Lego I kind of started out assuming this anyways.

is that the SDCC exclusive unikitty?

Jimbro72

I think it's a unique print... I think. I was comparing images and both faces look unique. Anyone know if this is wrong?

I have the SDCC version and you are correct, the printing on that one is different on both sides compared to this new version, although only very slight differences on one of the sides.

So after seeing the game trailer and figuring we probably won't be seeing one I decided to start working on a Dr Alan Grant figure.

Today I realized
latest

Remove the name badge, throw on a red scarf and white cowboy hat and you are already done.

Many of us are scarred from the Hasbro lawsuit causing minifigs to be "glued" to magnet bases. That was only for Star Wars minifigs, but to avoid confusion they "glued" ALL magnet minifigs to the base.

I'm getting kind of bored of buying sets and following the instructions outside of the occasional large set that's a great display piece. Might just move to mostly building my own stuff in Lego digital designer and bricklinking the parts.

Ponn

Banned
I have the SDCC version and you are correct, the printing on that one is different on both sides compared to this new version, although only very slight differences on one of the sides.

Ah, well slightly different is good enough for me.

I'm getting kind of bored of buying sets and following the instructions outside of the occasional large set that's a great display piece. Might just move to mostly building my own stuff in Lego digital designer and bricklinking the parts.

After building a couple meh superhero sets in a row I couldn't handle it anymore. I took the figs out and built the Groot today in the Knowhere Escape set and the rest went right into my parts bin. I literally don't have the room anymore (some of my Bat-Vehicles are sitting on top of each other) and I could tell it was going to be disappointing to build and display. There are some good parts in it though, the grates and structure and the blue dish thingies and the clear rods are really nice pieces to have. Need more clear parts. I'm going to do the same for the Spider-helicopter set later except for the glider. I'm just going to move on to something more satisfying like the Exo-Suit.

wetwired

So after seeing the game trailer and figuring we probably won't be seeing one I decided to start working on a Dr Alan Grant figure.

Today I realized
latest

Remove the name badge, throw on a red scarf and white cowboy hat and you are already done.

I think I have one of those torsos spare lying around...good call

ghostmind

Kwik-E-Mart instructions is one big book.

Two sticker sheets with soooooooo many stickers, but so many options of where (and if) you want to place them.

Tons of printed pieces. Probably more than I have seen in one LEGO set before.

Ponn

Banned
Kwik-E-Mart instructions is one big book.

Two sticker sheets with soooooooo many stickers, but so many options of where (and if) you want to place them.

Tons of printed pieces. Probably more than I have seen in one LEGO set before.

Sounds like a set that will still satiate those that hate stickers so thats nice.

So I went all in tonight and cleaned up my backlog like I did with the GoTG set. I know people must be getting sick of my horrible camera's pics so I won't post any, just thoughts. I threw the spidey copter set in my bin but put the glider together. That is actually pretty cool and I will definitely use ii as a base for when the real Green Goblin fig comes out. I gotta say though i'm not as down on the big fig Green Goblin as i was initially after handling it and putting it on the glider and swooshing it a couple times. I also took the figs out of the Black Zero Escape set, Zod with armor is pretty cool but I can't decide to pose him with armor or without because his print underneath with the cape is actually pretty damn cool. Lois Lane is meh, could be anyone, not as cool as the MJ fig. I actually like Man of Steel Superman print better than the classic ones in the other sets. The red eyes, the darker blue and the shiny silver just looks really cool.

After pouring bags into my bin never built I felt bad so I finished with the Exo-Suit. Not really an enjoyable build for me, sooooo much technic and tedious. Not clear instructions and flimsy while building. Once put together though it looks great and can get some great poses. Definitely not for play, display only but glad I got it for my mech collection. Also loved the turtle mech.

I feel better about my backlog now and like a weight has been lifted or released. I will no longer slog through sets i don't feel good about and will just dump them from now on and take the mini figs out.

wetwired

Just spoke to the creator of the Delorean set, he had no idea the BTTF expansion was coming with LEGO dimensions so that's a good sign for Ghostbusters I reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom