• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that exactly what they're doing? The BTTF set has an exclusive hoverboard, the Wizard of Oz set has the Wiched Witch that's not available anywhere else, Unikitty's face brick is unique, etc.

I meant specifically LEGO created IP, but yes you are correct. I forgot about Unikitty.
LEGO seriously can make money doing IP's like POP! statues or minimates does where they make almost everything.

Those aren't LEGO IP though. I think he's talking about like, if there were a pack of classic space themed Dimensions stuff with some modern minifigure version of a spaceman or blacktron guy that was not available in a conventional lego set.

I meant specifically LEGO created IP, but yes you are correct. I forgot about Unikitty.
LEGO seriously can make money doing IP's like POP! statues or minimates does where they make almost everything.

Ooooooooh right right I get you.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Whoa, didn't know the Kwik-E mart is out.

I'm tempted to watch Brickbuilder's video :(

EDIT: Aww, disappointed that its roof isn't fully covered

Rootbeer

Banned
It's mid-April... shouldn't the Simpsons S2 CMF start appearing in stores about now? They hit toys r us and sometimes other stores like target early.

Any sightings?

Rootbeer

Banned
Pretty sure the minifigures actually launch May 1st with the official release of the Kwik-E-Mart?

They do, supposedly, but it is common for TRU to get them more than a week early at times so I am hoping that happens this time.

I'm hoping to make a trip to my LEGO store May 1st anyway but it would be fun to get a few early.

Boss Doggie

Ahh didn't realize that the garden acts as a roof, though I don't recall it being that "sunken". Also kinda missed the opportunity to have the hidden fridge door.

With that said how come Brickbuilder already has it? If it's coming out in May, how come he managed to make a video about it?

Boss Doggie

Ahh he probably is a VIP then. Didn't know they have privilege of getting sets way earlier.

Speaking of which, what do you do with duplicate minifigs?

Yo Legobros, those of you that actually used the RIBBA frames for minifigs, what material exactly did you guys use to fixate the Lego parts onto the frame background? Superglue etc. or what? Is there a consensus which is the best for this type of specific work?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I just use superglue, I've seen some people use that 3m double sided tape stuff
Yeah, I used those foam pads that are sticky on both sides, I don't recommend doing that as some of them detached themselves from the back of the frame. I ended up scraping the foam pads off and using superglue.

ghostmind

Product reveals, hmmm?

16527683013_67fa7b056a.jpg

ghostmind

Exactly! I was surprised that none of the sites picked up on that. Any guesses?

I'm hoping for some first looks at TFA sets.

They could just re-show Toy Fair sets though, since that wasn't a public event, but I'm thinking we get at least one TFA reveal.

Since Celebration is being broadcast live on StarWars.com, we might be able to get a good look at whatever they are.

Ryuuroden

I'm hoping for some first looks at TFA sets.

They could just re-show Toy Fair sets though, since that wasn't a public event, but I'm thinking we get at least one TFA reveal.

Since Celebration is being broadcast live on StarWars.com, we might be able to get a good look at whatever they are.

a 9 dollar set amirite ^_-

Exactly what I was thinking! The Best Star was on my list for May 4th, but the rumors of a new one have me rethinking that purchase. It'd be nice to have confirmation that a new one is coming though!
A new one shouldn't negate the need for the current Best Star. It should strengthen it because it will be gone soon if a new one comes.

leng jai

Kwik E Mart is finally up after copious amounts of page refreshing. Needless to stay I ordered the shit out of it straight away. Would have even chosen the express shipping option except for the fact is was.... $100.

Still torn on the Kwik-E-mart...

After already not getting Simpsons house for largely the same reasons, i am leaning towards skipping this one as well.

I mean, the building process is probably a ton of fun but once that is OVER, sets are usually displayed at my place and since most of the good looking scenes/setups with these kinda sets are on the INSIDE, i hardly see myself opening it up every other day to check out the inside :(

wetwired

Still torn on the Kwik-E-mart...

After already not getting Simpsons house for largely the same reasons, i am leaning towards skipping this one as well.

I mean, the building process is probably a ton of fun but once that is OVER, sets are usually displayed at my place and since most of the good looking scenes/setups with these kinda sets are on the INSIDE, i hardly see myself opening it up every other day to check out the inside :(

yeah I wasn't that happy with the simpsons house, and architecturally this one doesn't look that great either but I''m thinking a lot of those stickers details inside could be useful for MOCs

leng jai

yeah I wasn't that happy with the simpsons house, and architecturally this one doesn't look that great either but I''m thinking a lot of those stickers details inside could be useful for MOCs

I never liked the Simpsons House set, but the Kwik E Mart is far more iconic and striking if you ask me. They pretty much nailed the look and the colour combinations look much better than the ones for the actual house. I usually don't care about how fun the "build" is and usually treat interiors as a bonus. At the end of the day all my sets are used for display purposes 99% of the time and with that in mind I'm still happy to buy this day one.

ghostmind

That's one of the reveals, along with Jango Fett and Clone Commander Cody.

Grievous looks bad-ass, and Obi-Wan has a much better face than Luke did at Toy Fair.

Obi looks boss as in that pic. I'm still not interested at all in them. If they are the Celebration reveals, I'm now sad we didn't get TFA sets revealed. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom