• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

namtab37

Neo Member
Just spoke to the creator of the Delorean set, he had no idea the BTTF expansion was coming with LEGO dimensions so that's a good sign for Ghostbusters I reckon

It would be nice if they came out with a Ghostbusters expansion pack that included a mini ecto 1 and a slimer figure!

Osahi

Me and the SO bought the Parisian Restaurant set from the Creator Experts series. Made the first booklet (ground floor part) today. So damn beautiful and rich in detail. My sister bought the Palace Cinema as a gift for our wedding in two weeks.

Really tempted to get the detectives office too now.

3N16MA

Banned
Me and the SO bought the Parisian Restaurant set from the Creator Experts series. Made the first booklet (ground floor part) today. So damn beautiful and rich in detail. My sister bought the Palace Cinema as a gift for our wedding in two weeks.

Really tempted to get the detectives office too now.

Get Pet Shop before it is gone.

Osahi

Get Pet Shop before it is gone.

Well, I plan to just get the sets I really like, and allthough the pet shop is nice, i like the detectives office a lot more. It costly you know :)

Want som juradsic world sets too, but what i've seen so far i don't really like. I hope they do some classic jp too. Would love a t-rex attack set with the green car (it is featured in the ideas that ate concidered at the moment, so one can only hope)

neonglow

Well, I plan to just get the sets I really like, and allthough the pet shop is nice, i like the detectives office a lot more. It costly you know :)

Want som juradsic world sets too, but what i've seen so far i don't really like. I hope they do some classic jp too. Would love a t-rex attack set with the green car (it is featured in the ideas that ate concidered at the moment, so one can only hope)

Another vote to get pet shop next. Once you get a couple, you'll want them all. Price on that will likely double later.

What's a good affordable set thats great for putting together with my wife, who's not big into Legos?

She respects my collection but really isn't into any of it.

She's a sculptor and costume artist who makes a lot monster costumes and uses heavy power tools.

Just seeing if there's a good icebreaker set.

Osahi

Another vote to get pet shop next. Once you get a couple, you'll want them all. Price on that will likely double later.

Dunno. I'd rather just buy the sets that really attract me, in stead of just collecting them all. :) If it's fased out and gone, so be it

What's a good affordable set thats great for putting together with my wife, who's not big into Legos?

She's a sculptor and costume artist who makes a lot monster costumes and uses heavy power tools.

Not sure. Parisian Restaurant? Are there any themes that are in her area of interest?
Maybe have her put some Mixels together with you then you guys make your own.
I always get some of those seasonal small sets for my wife. She has never turned to the dark side though.

I recommend the birds set. At $44.99 it's reasonable and there are 3 separate builds so you can help.

ghostmind

j2g reviews the Kwik-E-Mart:

https://youtu.be/CAPHrQwDwSI

If you don't want to be spoiled on all the little touches, don't watch this.

I'm pretty sure this set breaks the record for printed pieces, and I'm thinking it may break the record for number of stickers as well. I forgot about the Maersk ship.

Ponn

Banned
j2g reviews the Kwik-E-Mart:

https://youtu.be/CAPHrQwDwSI

If you don't want to be spoiled on all the little touches, don't watch this.

I'm pretty sure this set breaks the record for printed pieces, and I'm thinking it may break the record for number of stickers as well. I forgot about the Maersk ship.

How did they get it?

edit: The Lego Ideas book is on sale at amazon for $8. Is that a good price? If I remember right it got good reviews from some people here.

sharbhund

After bingeing on Daredevil this weekend, I'm ready for Lego to come out with a DD set, or at least throw him in with a Spider-Man set.

Not sure. Parisian Restaurant? Are there any themes that are in her area of interest?
Maybe have her put some Mixels together with you then you guys make your own.
I always get some of those seasonal small sets for my wife. She has never turned to the dark side though.

I recommend the birds set. At $44.99 it's reasonable and there are 3 separate builds so you can help.

Thx, I'll look it over and consider them once I feel I need to strike ;)

Ponn

Banned
Heads up for anyone interested, Amazon now has all the Dimensions packs up for preorder. FYI they don't charge till it ships so its a safe way to ensure you have an order secured somewhere if there is a rush on them and no one ends up having a good preorder bonus.

Another FYI, my cart total with everything came to $335 before tax..

3N16MA

Banned
That's an awesome idea. They'd make so much money if they did. People would just buy them for the slimer.

According to Brick Fan, Slimer appears on the far right (second row) of the dimensions box. Also it looks like the mystery mansion is on the front of the box (far right) which means Scooby-Doo.

According to Brick Fan, Slimer appears on the far right (second row) of the dimensions box. Also it looks like the mystery mansion is on the front of the box (far right) which means Scooby-Doo.

That would be amazing. Looks like Superman and Aquaman in the top right too.

Is Kwik-E-Mart still going to be available on Wednesday?

Have Simpsons series 2 figs started showing up in the wild yet? I know TRU sometimes gets CMFs early...

3N16MA

Banned
I wish the Brainiac set was not a Target exclusive. I never saw it at Target and now that they have left Canada it is only available at S@H/LEGO stores.

Not a pricey set, but it would get at least a 20% discount if it was not exclusive. Amazing set for DC minifigs.

I wish the Brainiac set was not a Target exclusive. I never saw it at Target and now that they have left Canada it is only available at S@H/LEGO stores.

Not a pricey set, but it would get at least a 20% discount if it was not exclusive. Amazing set for DC minifigs.

It's a terrific set at full price. Buy it!

Osahi

Just finished the second floor of parisian restaurant. Found the ground floor more fun to build (more detail), but had a great time together with my girlfriend eather way. And putting the two floors together was magical, such a beautiful set! Can't wait to build the top floor tomorrow, allthough it will all be over then...

Let's say Lego added Dinensions stands in an upcoming CMF series, but bumped the price up again by $1...

How would you feel about this Lego GAF?

<Insert middle finger image here>

It won't happen, but I'd be pissed if it did.

How would you feel if they did exclusive LEGO minifigs (IP's LEGO owns) in Dimensions packages that you can't get through LEGO sets?

Impressive assortment of minilandish sized builds.

16777558408_286c014fce_k.jpg

Vehicles from films and TV series by Mad physicist, on Flickr

How would you feel if they did exclusive LEGO minifigs (IP's LEGO owns) in Dimensions packages that you can't get through LEGO sets?

Isn't that exactly what they're doing? The BTTF set has an exclusive hoverboard, the Wizard of Oz set has the Wiched Witch that's not available anywhere else, Unikitty's face brick is unique, etc.

Isn't that exactly what they're doing? The BTTF set has an exclusive hoverboard, the Wizard of Oz set has the Wiched Witch that's not available anywhere else, Unikitty's face brick is unique, etc.

Those aren't LEGO IP though. I think he's talking about like, if there were a pack of classic space themed Dimensions stuff with some modern minifigure version of a spaceman or blacktron guy that was not available in a conventional lego set.

3N16MA

Banned
It is amazing. Worth the trip west.

We are lucky. Within 30 minutes we have 4 official LEGO stores plus LT.

I forgot about the one at Fairview Mall. The Vaughan Mills location is run by Merlin as it is a Discovery Centre location. Too bad you can't earn VIP points there.

Ryuuroden

Do any over your official stores have 4x5 leaves of any color. Doing the landscape of Orthanc I have already burned through at least 500. The Tree the Orcs will be chopping down in particular took like 60 of the 2x3 leaves and 100 of the 4x5 ones. I will be calling my store in cinci Tomorrow but that's like an hours drive for me.

Do any over your official stores have 4x5 leaves of any color. Doing the landscape of Orthanc I have already burned through at least 500. The Tree the Orcs will be chopping down in particular took like 60 of the 2x3 leaves and 100 of the 4x5 ones. I will be calling my store in cinci Tomorrow but that's like an hours drive for me.
There were none the last time I was in Nashville. Shame too, because I want a lot more to make a forest for Halloween.

Ryuuroden

There were none the last time I was in Nashville. Shame too, because I want a lot more to make a forest for Halloween.

Doing pre desolation Orthanc is horrible when it comes to use of lego plants lol. I am burning through so many of them doing it. I just like the idea of lush trees around it and a pond, etc rather than barren ground. It doesn't help that this means I have to cover 4 and 1/2 48x48 plates full of lush vegetation (5th one is partial pond and 6th is mostly covered by Orthanc) Doing a large half circle cobblestone path around the tower as well. Also doing small gradation changes to land height.

Ponn

Banned
Let's say Lego added Dinensions stands in an upcoming CMF series, but bumped the price up again by $1...

How would you feel about this Lego GAF?

Why would they do that when they could make more money by releasing the CMF series first then later releasing them again in "Fun" packs for you to buy all over again.

And you know you will buy them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom