• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

Welp, just watched Guardians of the Galaxy, I have seen every Marvel film released and this by far was my favorite. It is also the first one to make me need the LEGO sets. Woe is my wallet. Need to find that rocket racoon polybag now.

Ponn

Banned
Welp, just watched Guardians of the Galaxy, I have seen every Marvel film released and this by far was my favorite. It is also the first one to make me need the LEGO sets. Woe is my wallet. Need to find that rocket racoon polybag now.

Oh man, we could have told you this months ago. Knowhere Escape is a really bleh set but you get Groot, Rocket and Nebula and some of the pieces are useful. Also my personal suggestion if you really liked the movie pick up the TPB of Annihilation and Annihilation Conquest then go from there and thank me later.

Hey look what landed on my doorstep today
fgW7utD.jpg

I think I have some rebellions to crush this weekend.

Nitemare1

Dude! The Malino is my favorite marvel set hands down. (im still trying to convince myself the Helicarrier doesn't exist) Ultimate swooshability too!

3N16MA

Banned
Looks like my Pet Shop is finally in the warehouse, ready to be shipped. I was getting worried that I had just missed out.

Mine still says "waiting for new stock." Then again I did order it during the last day of double VIP.

General Grievous looks great. May be one of the few sets I pick up outside of the OT.

The shoulder parts on the new CCBS Star Wars sets look great for MOCs as well.

I think I'll be getting at least a storm trooper and either Vader or luke for black parts. I wanna bulk up my CCBS collection.

I really like grevious. Interesting choice of parts with the bionicle skeleton ribs.

Obi Wan looks terrible and cheap, like all the other human CCBS sets.

Agreed. They remind me of Galidor. I do think Obi-Wan's head looks much better than the other human ones. Maybe because it's more based on the cartoon?

Maengun1

Can't wait for my Kwik-E-Mart to arrive! Hoping the minifigs show up in stores soon too...sometimes I find a series before the official release date, sometimes not until after

wetwired

I bought a custom pig head to try my hand at a TMNT Beebop like the one someone posted here. I also picked up a few other bits and pieces for the hell of it.

I actually bought a few of the heads so I'm tempted to paint one black to make Black Mask from Batman and one silver along with a LEGO skeleton to make a T100 Terminator Robot

Its kind of a shame that they're making more star wars movies really, i'd have liked them to get so incredibly desperate for new sets to make that they'd attempt a terrifying chima styled star wars series.

gammorean guards in a giant mechanical warthog fighting a bunch of gungans in a bioorganic fish beast would be awesome, jawas in scavenged mash ups of existing vehicles fighting tusken raiders would be cool too.

These turned out very nice.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...se-guard-for-your-miniature-figur/description
Mouse Guard - Mice by madoruk, on Flickr

The display using them for Emerald City Comicon was amazing.
http://davidpetersen.blogspot.com/2015/03/mouse-guard-lego-display-eccc.html

This is one of my favorites from that display. I can't find the better angle and shot of it right now. Notice the large amount of new ball joints used.
That owl is awesome looking.

I bought a custom pig head to try my hand at a TMNT Beebop like the one someone posted here. I also picked up a few other bits and pieces for the hell of it.

I actually bought a few of the heads so I'm tempted to paint one black to make Black Mask from Batman and one silver along with a LEGO skeleton to make a T100 Terminator Robot

Love the mini fig heads. And is the hat piece at the end a custom one as well?

Rootbeer

Banned
Until I can buy a newspaper and get a free lego polybag then I feel cheated, sorry :p Doing a 1:1 price comparision doesn't work since countries operate very differently and have very different income requirements

We don't have stuff like that here. The promos are almost always "... free with an X dollar amount LEGO purchase" and it's usually $25 or more

None of the polybags are that essential though, which is somewhat reassuring.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The Joker Bumper Car one is pretty nice, will probably pick that up along with the Off Road car and maybe the little garbage truck one. Not really feeling the A-Wing Starfighter unfortunately.

ghostmind

For anyone that was still wondering, LEGO has confirmed that Dimensions minifigs, minivehicles, etc can be removed from their bases.

3N16MA

Banned
I'm will be patiently waiting for a reveal.

Also after getting a good look at Batman's cowl yesterday I can't wait for a minifig based on that look.

DCCU minifigs!

Its kind of a shame that they're making more star wars movies really, i'd have liked them to get so incredibly desperate for new sets to make that they'd attempt a terrifying chima styled star wars series.

gammorean guards in a giant mechanical warthog fighting a bunch of gungans in a bioorganic fish beast would be awesome, jawas in scavenged mash ups of existing vehicles fighting tusken raiders would be cool too.

This actually sounds awesome. I've felt that way since they announced they would be making prequels in the 90s. Can't we just stick to the original three films and just double down in the awesomeness of those?

Holy shit i haven't checked OffTopic today yet but....

yeah this hits at least SOME of the right notes with me.

That last shot 8)

I've never been so excited for a sci-fi movie. I saw the prequels once in the theatres, and watched the first two with my daughter....I wasn't a fan at all, but this looks amazing.

It's funny how every time I see a ship/character in the trailer I get excited at the prospect for a LEGO version.

Edit: I meant, "sci fi"

Ponn

Banned
I know there isn't any LEGO in this trailer but...oh man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

I knew I would get more and more hyped for this movie as more trailers and stuff came out. I'm glad I accepted my eventual turn to Lego Star Wars. I'm busy today and tomorrow but damn it i'm putting that ISD together this weekend.

I'm just praying my hype isn't deflated like Phantom Menace did walking out of the theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom