• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Maybe tomorrow or Saturday... give us something LEGO!

At least Hasbro is showing off some of their Episode VII packaging... it's not much but we're slowly inching towards reveals

ghostmind

Maybe tomorrow or Saturday... give us something LEGO!

At least Hasbro is showing off some of their Episode VII packaging... it's not much but we're slowly inching towards reveals

Can you link me to that? If its their TFA packaging, then LEGO's will be similar.

Rootbeer

Banned
Can you link me to that? If its their TFA packaging, then LEGO's will be similar.

It's not much... but maybe it is a hint at the overall direction they are going for with TFA merch packaging? I really don't know. But this chewie is almost certainly the EPVII version because the OT version already came out last year.

http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-Celeb...asbro-The-Black-Series-first-look/image22.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-Celeb...asbro-The-Black-Series-first-look/image23.asp

http://www.rebelscum.com/2015-Celeb...asbro-The-Black-Series-first-look/image24.asp

Current version looks like this to contrast the difference:

star-wars-black-series-wave-5-6-inch-chewbacca-action-figure-pre-order-670-p.jpg

Ponn

Banned
Here's something new, though its from the Phantom Menace:

http://i.imgur.com/13sTbB5.jpg

Coming in June.

Is that the advanced prototype set with an extension on the front?

I was looking at Quicksilver prices and I see he is going for about $25. Knew that would happen, exclusive set with big fig surcharge that people are already gonna have from the Hulkbuster set. No one's going to be buying that set. I'm wondering if I should just wait for a knock-off version, I could give or take a Strucker fig. I'm a little worried about the knock-off market though because I see they already have some Avengers figs coming out and they aren't doing Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver or Strucker. The set with an upside down Hawkeye face is freaking hilarious, I almost want to get that set just to have that.

ghostmind

Not sure if I should put trailer and prop photos in the thread, since they aren't LEGO-related, but the basic point is that this shows that LEGO is going to make a new everything, since X-wings, TIEs, Star Destroyers, etc - everything has changed.

I'm giddy at the prospect of it all.

l3yCpBd.gif

3N16MA

Banned
MF looks pretty much the same other than the new satellite. Looks like I will have to hunt down an OT TIE as the new one has a different colour scheme.

Not sure if I should put trailer and prop photos in the thread, since they aren't LEGO-related, but the basic point is that this shows that LEGO is going to make a new everything, since X-wings, TIEs, Star Destroyers, etc - everything has changed.

l3yCpBd.gif

He needs two LEGO Star Wars sets placed in his hands.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

l3yCpBd.gif

I should really move my ass and sell my UCS Falcon...

I definitely think trailer and prop pics are fine for the thread when it's anticipating Lego sets. Speculation about what vehicles are which sets will be fun.

Yall over here talking about Star Wars and here I am redesigning my car from scratch.

Well, I say from scratch, but I used a transmission design from Sariel. I must say, this is overall turning out to be way better designed than the one I had previously made is. Partially because I'm just saying fuck it as to whether or not I have the pieces. I can order those later. :x

EDIT: Fixed image.

ghostmind

My speculation on the first wave of LEGO Force Awakens sets:

75099 (Lead Hero Craft) $19.99
gzvGfwZ.jpg

Rey's Landspeeder

75100 (Villain Craft) $39.99
not sure what this is yet

75101 (Villain Star Craft) $59.99
zaRKZkB.jpg

First Order TIE Fighter

75102 (Hero Starfighter) $69.99
jxjbU4Z.jpg

Poe Dameron's Resistance X-Wing Starfighter

75103 (Villain Transport) $79.99
ADy0icw.jpg

The large-winged vehicle in the foreground. This is either this set, or the next one. And yeah, I really want that new Star Destroyer to be an upcoming UCS set.

75104 (Lead Villain Vehicle) $99.99
Kylo Ren's ship. Either this is a new vehicle that hasn't been seen yet, or it's the one above.

75105 (Hero Vehicle) $129.99
FtDj6Aa.jpg

The Millennium Falcon - what's new other than the dish, I wonder...

kxPCVkM.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
I want UCS version of the new Star Destroyer.

I think Villain Transport means the shuttle, the V-shaped craft.

EDIT Lead Villain Vehicle... hmm. Vehicle implies a ground vehicle, i think.

ghostmind

I want UCS version of the new Star Destroyer.

I think Villain Transport means the shuttle, the V-shaped craft.

EDIT Lead Villain Vehicle... hmm. Vehicle implies a ground vehicle, i think.

That's what I was thinking.

And my list is just for September - there will be another wave scheduled for January-ish that we have no idea what will be in it (except I have heard another round of Constraction figs then).

Woorloog

Banned
The new TIE fighter's going to look interesting. It seemingly has white solar panels and black hull/support structure.

Though in that one scene in the trailer, i think it had different looking window? Gotta watch the thing again.

EDIT Yes, check from 1:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs
You can see white wings, black body, different gun placement and different, uh, window-windshield-canopy thing.
EDIT Also, upside down flying Stormtrooper.

ghostmind

The new TIE fighter's going to look interesting. It seemingly has white solar panels and black hull/support structure.

Though in that one scene in the trailer, i think it had different looking window? Gotta watch the thing again.

EDIT Yes, check from 1:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs
You can see white wings, black body, different gun placement and different, uh, window-windshield-canopy thing.
EDIT Also, upside down flying Stormtrooper.

The TIE in my screencap is the same, its just the panels are facing at an angle where you don't really see the white. However the canopy looks very different - armored. Unless that is the back of it, and the guns are on a swivel turret?

wYq2UZy.jpg

My speculation on the first wave of LEGO Force Awakens sets:

75099 (Lead Hero Craft) $19.99
Rey's Landspeeder

75100 (Villain Craft) $39.99
not sure what this is yet

75101 (Villain Star Craft) $59.99
First Order TIE Fighter

75102 (Hero Starfighter) $69.99
Poe Dameron's Resistance X-Wing Starfighter

75103 (Villain Transport) $79.99
The large-winged vehicle in the foreground. This is either this set, or the next one. And yeah, I really want that new Star Destroyer to be an upcoming UCS set.

75104 (Lead Villain Vehicle) $99.99
Kylo Ren's ship. Either this is a new vehicle that hasn't been seen yet, or it's the one above.

75105 (Hero Vehicle) $129.99
The Millennium Falcon - what's new other than the dish, I wonder...

Yep, I think I agree with you. I'm sort of leaning towards the large-winged ship to be the Lead Villian Vehicle but I really have no idea. Those smaller transport things around it could be the $80 set.

I can't wait to buy a new TIE and the T-70 X-Wing though (assuming Poe's will be the same as the blue ones in the trailer.. They look fantastic in the trailer.

The TIE in my screencap is the same, its just the panels are facing at an angle where you don't really see the white. However the canopy looks very different - armored. Unless that is the back of it, and the guns are on a swivel turret?

I just assumed that was the back of the TIE and the guns now shoot backwards as well.

EDIT. Lame double post.

Woorloog

Banned

wYq2UZy.jpg

The TIE in your previous screencap has standard front lasers (with bright emitters compared to the originals). No bottom gun. Clearly. IMO. Unless it is actually bottom-back mounted.
This latter one? It has quite clearly bottom mounted gun.
I reckon there are two types of TIES, probably something like "grunt" and "leader", like the Star Wars Legacy comics had two versions of the Predator fighter, the TIE-like window being reserved for flight leaders.

EDIT Ah, note the structure where the wing's attached to the main body. Different from what it has been. Indeed, different from the "standard" TIE.

ghostmind

The TIE in your previous screencap has standard front lasers (with bright emitters compared to the originals). No bottom gun. Clearly. IMO. Unless it is actually bottom-back mounted.
This latter one? It has quite clearly bottom mounted gun.
I reckon there are two types of TIES, probably something like "grunt" and "leader", like the Star Wars Legacy comics had two versions of the Predator fighter, the TIE-like window being reserved for flight leaders.

EDIT Ah, note the structure where the wing's attached to the main body. Different from what it has been. Indeed, different from the "standard" TIE.

But then note the top left of the picture with the white-framed "standard" TIE window and the armored wing attachments.

Something is up with these TIE's for sure.

Episode VII hype is real so we should have that be the contest theme. A MOC based on the teaser...a ship, minifigs, whatever.

Thoughts?

I'm very very curious as to how/what the Lego BB-8 is gonna look like.

Probably 3 parts, right, two halves of the sphere and then one half will have studs on it that the head sits on? They won't make it actually roll...

Interesting Lego Death Star on their main banner there. Current one it is not....
It looks like the original one? I'm not too familiar with it as I've only ever seen one picture of it, but I know the first version of the Death Star they made was of the partially rebuilt one.

Don't know why they'd have that one on the banner though. Also can't imagine they'd blow the reveal of a new UCS Death Star set like that with absolutely no fanfare or explaination at all.

Edit: yeah that's absolutely the old Death Star II.

Basketball size giant printed round piece ;P

On a sidenote: I just completed HulkBuster and although i am LTTP with this one and it's been done before by others here, i feel he still needs more love as he truly is
THE single most posable Mech i have ever built!

Fkj92u0.jpg

ohLsuQI.jpg

SLIV7Wm.jpg

DBvMZ6G.jpg

Overall, based on pure looks, i feel that Metalbeard still edges him out but only ever slightly so... Just something about that guy.

He can't pose for shit though so HulkBuster will see a lot of use in upcoming dioramas etc. :)

Finally put that Tie Prototype set together, for the price you pay, it's a really sharp looking ship, I enjoyed putting it together quite a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom