• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitemare1

HkjpRzl.jpg

"Chewie, we're home."

aaaaand ive got a new facebook cover photo! :D

ruxtpin

Banned
It's going to be strange having the TFA sets out before the movie. I love me some Star Wars Lego, but I feel like it could spoil the movie somewhat. Apart from the two trailers I've seen, I've tried to stay in the dark as much as possible.

Woorloog

Banned
It's going to be strange having the TFA sets out before the movie. I love me some Star Wars Lego, but I feel like it could spoil the movie somewhat. Apart from the two trailers I've seen, I've tried to stay in the dark as much as possible.

I'm guessing all the TFA sets released before the film will be kind of spoiler-free sets.
Most vehicles and spacecraft that will be in teasers, trailers, posters and other promo material, with minifigs consisting mostly the iconic characters (Finn, Poe, Rey, Kylo Ren, the old heroes, new Stormies).

But that's just a guess.

Ponn

Banned
I could see them redoing the Best Star to be a best of both worlds approach. Make the outside look like a detailed model, but then it splits open to reveal small dioramas of scenes inside much like Haunted House, Simpson's House, and Kwik-E-Mart do.

Now THAT would be a Death Star I would buy. I actually like the look of the Death Star 2 Lego set but this would be much better. I'm afraid to keep it around the same size though they would have to increase the piece count and price to do that. Which honestly $400 or $500 at that point does it really matter? You are either getting it or your not, $100 isn't going to make a difference but if it improves the look then hell yea.

Well, that decides it. Seeing them all now I think I'll be getting Vader and Jango but for parts primarily.

May get grevious but I need more details on him first.

EDIT:

this is fake, but I kinda wish they did these instead... maybe a second wave may happen

StarWarsUltrabuild.jpg

Did the CCBS marvel/DC heroes get at least two runs for a year or a few years? if so, I have faith we'll see more down the line regardless of success.

Hopefully, they'll be spoiler free but the prequel sets did give some stuff away - i certainly didn't know about the yoda/dooku fight in AOTC until i saw the lego set. (yoda with a light sabre was pretty unexpected)

ghostmind

Well, that decides it. Seeing them all now I think I'll be getting Vader and Jango but for parts primarily.

May get grevious but I need more details on him first.

EDIT:

this is fake, but I kinda wish they did these instead... maybe a second wave may happen

StarWarsUltrabuild.jpg

Did the CCBS marvel/DC heroes get at least two runs for a year or a few years? if so, I have faith we'll see more down the line regardless of success.

I have heard that a second wave may be as early as January, but would be focussed on TFA characters.

Caladrius

As I had hoped, Grievous looks pretty nice. Not a big fan of how they did the Torso construction (barely looks like the original's at all), but everything else looks rock solid. (Really glad they included the ability to split and join the arms.)
Him, Vader and maybe Jango are the only 3 of the Star Wars CCBS sets I'm getting.

Oh my god. A friend just gave up on Lego and gave me all her superhero sets. Arkham, the bat cave, and a bunch of smaller settee for mostly marvel....

Edit: the inventory of this improvised Christmas:

That tiny catwoman set with a bike
That tiny set with penguin, aquaman, and Arctic Batman.
Lex power armor (my second copy)
Joker funhouse (also my second)
The bat cave from like 2013 or so
Arkham asylum.
That tiny cap on a bike set from avengers 1
The weird Jeep from avengers 1
The deadpool and wolverine set
A spider man and venom set
The avengers 1 hulk breakout set
A bootleg nightwing from somewhere online.

God damn.

Yall are so stuck on the Star Wars gravy train, that I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post this, but...

I finally got done designing my Lego RC Miata!

Main features:
RC! Assuming everything works right *it should*, when assembled this vehicle will be fully controllable via RC! Only thing, is I MIGHT need to invert the polarity of the servo motor controlling the steering, but that's a problem for when it gets here. I have plenty of room for a switch though.
4 Wheel configurable suspension! Each wheel has individual suspension, and I've set it up so that each wheel has 2 springs attached to it. Main reason for this is so that harder or softer springs can be swapped out to change how tight the suspension is.
Driven by 2 L motors! 4 gear transmission! I admit, this was pretty much entirely Sariel's design (the whole transmission/engine bit), but using it allowed me to have a much better designed core, so whatever! Credit to Sariel for the heart of my car!
Working doors, trunk, and glovebox compartment! Sideview/rearview mirrors! Headlights and taillights (not pictured in the renders due to limitation of LDD)! A bunch of details I thought I would never actually have the patience for.
Fully modular! Every segment is clipped in securely at at least 2 points, and with the exception of the front bumper, every piece is secured both vertically and horizontally, to ensure it's nice and secure.

All I have to do now is actually make sure the pieces are consistently colored, and I can start buying all the pieces I need for it. Hopefully Bricklink is my key to salvation.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh yeah and the wiring *should* be pretty much hidden, I've got spaces under the floorboards under the seats for them to pass under into the engine bay for the servomotor.

ghostmind

Anything LEGO-related is appropriate (as long as it's not NSFW). I'm far out of my depth on being able to comment much on the car, but I am damn impressed for sure. And Sariel is a Technic master, so the heart of your car should be pretty solid performance-wise.

Ryuuroden

Yall are so stuck on the Star Wars gravy train, that I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post this, but...

I finally got done designing my Lego RC Miata!

Main features:
RC! Assuming everything works right *it should*, when assembled this vehicle will be fully controllable via RC! Only thing, is I MIGHT need to invert the polarity of the servo motor controlling the steering, but that's a problem for when it gets here. I have plenty of room for a switch though.
4 Wheel configurable suspension! Each wheel has individual suspension, and I've set it up so that each wheel has 2 springs attached to it. Main reason for this is so that harder or softer springs can be swapped out to change how tight the suspension is.
Driven by 2 L motors! 4 gear transmission! I admit, this was pretty much entirely Sariel's design (the whole transmission/engine bit), but using it allowed me to have a much better designed core, so whatever! Credit to Sariel for the heart of my car!
Working doors, trunk, and glovebox compartment! Sideview/rearview mirrors! Headlights and taillights (not pictured in the renders due to limitation of LDD)! A bunch of details I thought I would never actually have the patience for.
Fully modular! Every segment is clipped in securely at at least 2 points, and with the exception of the front bumper, every piece is secured both vertically and horizontally, to ensure it's nice and secure.

All I have to do now is actually make sure the pieces are consistently colored, and I can start buying all the pieces I need for it. Hopefully Bricklink is my key to salvation.

Thoughts?

EDIT: Oh yeah and the wiring *should* be pretty much hidden, I've got spaces under the floorboards under the seats for them to pass under into the engine bay for the servomotor.

Hopefully all those pieces come in the colors you want. You should put it on Lego Ideas when you finish. Also make sure none of your connections when you put it together are the irreversible sort. There are certain technic connections that once put together, cant be taken apart. I always found that fascinating.

Hopefully all those pieces come in the colors you want. You should put it on Lego Ideas when you finish. Also make sure none of your connections when you put it together are the irreversible sort. There are certain technic connections that once put together, cant be taken apart. I always found that fascinating.

I'm trying to make sure that the only "colored" pieces are for the body. The rest are either black, or the default color. The body, I don't really care what color it is, as long as it's one color, so I'm up for adjusting it to another color if I need to. Outside of the body, and the transmission (driving rings), I actually have at least one of every piece I've used, so I know those will be fine. Just need to figure out how to get this on Bricklink haha.

Those are only in certain tight spaces, which I made sure to avoid with this. It's mainly an issue with certain square frames, and in some unlikely events of an axle getting stuck flush in a hole. And sometimes, you can still get them out. :)

EDIT: Fun fact, I very nearly screwed myself on about 10 pieces because one of them was "unremovable" on my first car haha. Had to use some needles to pull an axle out X_o

Just looked up Lego Ideas, man there is no way this is polished enough that someone would buy it haha. At least not retail. It's got its fair share of jank, I'd imagine.

COMBO EDIT: I just looked into the parameters for it, and I'm pretty sure that by using Sariel's transmission (it's pretty much copied wholesale), I've disqualified it from use, as "all building techniques must be your own".

Caladrius

I found this out when messing around with the Rahkshi hip joint, much to my dismay. Ended up having to throw the stuck parts away.

Trying to make a giant tree for the forest animals to stand around but... i had to find out i only own a couple of brown pieces for some reason, by far not enough to build what i had envisioned :( So i had to make due and grab some technic pieces and whatever else in a similar color i could find. The result is this which is not really what i wanted hmm..

8XPmAsb.jpg

Are there any sets out there which would be great for parts pack in brownish colors (and foliage maybe) Don't say Ewok Village! Or do i have to bricklink?

Generally Bricklink, yes. There are very few sets with mostly tree parts. Maybe the warg attack set from the first Hobbit line if you can still find it.

Nitemare1

Oh my god. A friend just gave up on Lego and gave me all her superhero sets. Arkham, the bat cave, and a bunch of smaller settee for mostly marvel....

Edit: the inventory of this improvised Christmas:

That tiny catwoman set with a bike
That tiny set with penguin, aquaman, and Arctic Batman.
Lex power armor (my second copy)
Joker funhouse (also my second)
The bat cave from like 2013 or so
Arkham asylum.
That tiny cap on a bike set from avengers 1
The weird Jeep from avengers 1
The deadpool and wolverine set
A spider man and venom set
The avengers 1 hulk breakout set
A bootleg nightwing from somewhere online.

God damn.

Do something nice for this friend!

Do something nice for this friend!

In her mind it seems like I already have, but yes, there is more planned in the future.

Gonna assemble all the half-broken stuff into its original form, and then begin the MOC-ing.

Every lab-like building into one. Arkham into Helm's Deep, Vamipre castle, or both. Doubling up the joker's funhouse. Building Lex Luthor's Power Armor Vishnu Edition...

wetwired

Played around with those custom crazybricks skulls and some paint today...

Black Mask (Batman Villian)

This one is a Work in Progress, Terminator Robot, The eyes are just photoshopped on for now, I'm thinking perhaps I'll find some small transparent red beads or something and glue them in for eyes? unless anyone else has suggestions?

Had to remake my arnie to go along with it

I posted this a few weeks back, the original very first batman from 1939, I used a black marker to paint the mask and legs. But I was not happy with it, the finish on the marker came out too shiny so here it is redone with some model paint. Also someone suggested I make the boots black too so I added that.

Shit! Some of the panelling I needed isn't available in white. NOOOOOO.

Now I have to figure out how to substitute this crap.

When I place an order using my wishlist, is there any way to see what is purchased from that wish list?

Black Mask (Batman Villian)

This one is a Work in Progress, Terminator Robot, The eyes are just photoshopped on for now, I'm thinking perhaps I'll find some small transparent red beads or something and glue them in for eyes? unless anyone else has suggestions?

Had to remake my arnie to go along with it

I posted this a few weeks back, the original very first batman from 1939, I used a black marker to paint the mask and legs. But I was not happy with it, the finish on the marker came out too shiny so here it is redone with some model paint. Also someone suggested I make the boots black too so I added that.

Looks great but Arnold could really use this hair piece to complete the Terminator look
latest

Ponn

Banned

I was going to mention last time that Batman actually looks like he could be modded into an Owlman too. I'm sure in another multiverse it's already been done though so it doesn't matter.

Fowler

So the Star Wars spinoff film Rogue One is about the Rebel mission to steal plans for the Death Star.

This would explain why LEGO was being a bit cagey about the Best Star...

neonglow

So the Star Wars spinoff film Rogue One is about the Rebel mission to steal plans for the Death Star.

This would explain why LEGO was being a bit cagey about the Best Star...

I guess 2016 is a good time to show off a new Death Star to coincide with that movie's release. Hopefully some type of discount for the current model.

When I place an order using my wishlist, is there any way to see what is purchased from that wish list?

Yes, you can change a setting in the Orders Placed page to show items in the order that are on a wish list. You can then check and delete them from there.

What sets if you can recall? Mine often leaves them unmarked on clearance.

At my store, just about any 2013 Star Wars set, 2014 Ninjago, Arctic City sets, the first wave Star Wars Rebels stuff, random City stuff, and one or two Friends sets.

We didn't have much stuff at my store, but we did clearance the AT-TE. I was tempted, but if it is still there on the 27th when things hit 75% off I will bite. Same with the B-Wing from last year.

Oh, and all the wave 1 micro fighters went half price.

It does seem that the Friends bakery was missed, so it is still sitting on the shelf and no one knows it is half off. I am just going to wait until it hits $2 like I did with the Friends cafe last time and snatch them up.

If you go to the store and see most of sets like I listed sitting in section and not clearance tagged, they might not be on sale at that store, or they missed them. I say go back on Monday and see if they are still on the shelf and not in clearance, ask someone to check the price. If they are clearance, they will come up 75% off that day.
Or, if you wait another week or so (I will check the date later), they will hit $2. That is the magic time.

Remember, WordAssassin got the T-Rex capture Dino set for $2 last year because the store here didn't catch it. :)

I'm just not gonna look at how much this shit just costed me until it's all said and done.

I need this car.

$178 before shipping. Am cry.

USB7Y8J.jpg

I really don't like the skull design by Crazy Bricks (it's good, but doesn't seem to fit LEGO IMO), but that Terminator is awesome using that skull.

At my store, just about any 2013 Star Wars set, 2014 Ninjago, Arctic City sets, the first wave Star Wars Rebels stuff, random City stuff, and one or two Friends sets.

We didn't have much stuff at my store, but we did clearance the AT-TE. I was tempted, but if it is still there on the 27th when things hit 75% off I will bite. Same with the B-Wing from last year.

Oh, and all the wave 1 micro fighters went half price.

It does seem that the Friends bakery was missed, so it is still sitting on the shelf and no one knows it is half off. I am just going to wait until it hits $2 like I did with the Friends cafe last time and snatch them up.

If you go to the store and see most of sets like I listed sitting in section and not clearance tagged, they might not be on sale at that store, or they missed them. I say go back on Monday and see if they are still on the shelf and not in clearance, ask someone to check the price. If they are clearance, they will come up 75% off that day.
Or, if you wait another week or so (I will check the date later), they will hit $2. That is the magic time.

Remember, WordAssassin got the T-Rex capture Dino set for $2 last year because the store here didn't catch it. :)

Thanks for the detailed reply! I'll have to strategize at my 2 stores.

Ryuuroden

That's what I was worried about. A lot of parts are limited in the number of colors they have.

Also, you should contact that guy who designed the system you used for your car and see if you can like co-submit it to ideas then.

wetwired

Looks great but Arnold could really use this hair piece to complete the Terminator look
latest

yeah arnie was thrown together with what I had on hand, should probably order some better hair.

I filled out a frame completely with Batmen, I had to exclude a few (they were only SLIGHTLY different than ones I already used) but I kinda wish I had room for Bruce Wayne in there

Batman Frame by Brent Waller, on Flickr

Ryuuroden

yeah arnie was thrown together with what I had on hand, should probably order some better hair.

I filled out a frame completely with Batmen, I had to exclude a few (they were only SLIGHTLY different than ones I already used) but I kinda wish I had room for Bruce Wayne in there

How much is that batman display worth lol. And did you get some of them as gifts due to your involvement with the movie? If you can't say, don't tell, just curious.

Why is there an empty spot with just a cape in the 2nd row 3rd column?

Osahi

Picked up the snowspeeder microfighter today. I like this series, fun, quick builds and nice results. Just want the at at and tie interceptor to complete my original trilogy collection of microfighters

Bought the new Quinjet with a gift card I got for my birthday, all right Lego, please don't let this set suck. I'm tired of these Super Heroes sets being crummy. I skipped out on Agents sets for this darnit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom