• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

Warner Bros has officially announced the release dates for three upcoming LEGO movies:

The LEGO Batman movie will now be releasing on February 10, 2017
The Ninjago movie will be releasing on September 22, 2017
The LEGO Movie 2 will be releasing on May 18, 2018

Note that the Ninjago movie has now been delayed by a year.

Warner Bros has officially announced the release dates for three upcoming LEGO movies:

Damn, four year gap between the lego movie sequels. Hopefully the batman one is good. Is the Ninjago movie going to be based off the TV show? Cause the TV show isn't very good in my opinion and I can't stand their voices.

KemoSabe

So, since the Simpsons minifigs 2 are about to be released i was looking for an offer of the display box.
Iirc the box of the first series was available for about 180€ on amazon.fr

Does anybody knows where i can get it?

Wow.

11084054_345489988985031_6781644727500139028_o.jpg

11157525_345490198985010_1504338788229316302_o.jpg

11174509_345490062318357_4550737839794484333_o.jpg

11146314_345489992318364_129485763270167860_o.jpg

Hrm. It's insane, yeah, but it's too busy IMO. Just looks like total chaos, which probably makes it a little hard to appreciate the details through all the noise of it.

But very impressive though, I like how he made all the modulars a bit taller.

3N16MA

Banned

Batman moved up in order to avoid Episode VIII.

Ponn

Banned
Well, same Idea I wanted to go for Avengers Tower but i'm wondering how many sets that is using, 4? I can't drop that much on multiples, was going to do 2 tops.

That Shield base in front of Avengers Tower looks out of place. I would be scared shitless of the Helicarrier falling over from a fart.

Scarlet Witch still bugs me. I understand not using her outfit for the movie but in Lego fig form she just looks so plain and unrecognizable. Who?

wetwired

How much is that batman display worth lol. And did you get some of them as gifts due to your involvement with the movie? If you can't say, don't tell, just curious.

Nah this had nothing to do with the film, they were all ones I already had, 1 custom and 3 knock offs.

j2g reviews 75916 Dilophosaurus Ambush:

https://youtu.be/awi7qZ0T5io

Nice new technique using those new ball joints. I think LEGO made the right choice to add those small ball joints to the system. It has given us the Mixels and a whole new set of possibilities.

Awesome. I don't like the Helicarrier in that scene mainly because it's a totally different scale. I think a quinjet or two would have been better (yeah, I know there is one in the hangar).

amazing display for sure but... a little thing that bothers me is how Thor's Hammer and Cap's shield are being thrown. While the effect looks awesome it's.... not made of Lego :(

Quinjet 2.0 was worth the price of admission, I expected it to be a tad on the bigger side but the Milano set the bar very very high. Now I have an urge to grab the Hulkbuster set tomorrow and build it...decisions, decisions.

Rootbeer

Banned
so j2g said he got that jurassic world set from toysrus.com

this is not the first time he's been able to get sets early through their website, though it is not listed now or at least i can't find it. apparently they were listed for just a few minutes.

i wish there were a way to track these sorts of early availabilities... goof or not, i would have ordered it.

i'm spoiled by the amiibo community... anytime something is for sale, you bet your butt someone is going to notice and notify everyone in the community. the eurobricks forum can be a source for good info like this but it's all spread out in dozens of threads, hard to notice everything >.<

ruxtpin

Banned
Ah hah - I just noticed the upsized Lego mugs that are for sale on S@H. I wonder if they'll do giant wine glasses/cups as well.

Ah hah - I just noticed the upsized Lego mugs that are for sale on S@H. I wonder if they'll do giant wine glasses/cups as well.

I picked them up and they are better as mugs for kids. Plus the handles feel super awkward due to how far away they are from the base, but they're cool looking regardless.

Ponn

Banned
I finished the ISD. Wow, just intimidating. Amazed how sturdy it feels while realizing the "shell" of the ship is really only held in place by a handful of technic pins to the skeleton. It also needs a different word than swooshability. More like imposawooshability. It successfully eradicated my rebel cat scum.

So i'm starting planning out and gathering resources for my Halloween scene and question for those that may know. I can't find any but does anyone know of a site that does custom Carousel flaps? What I mean are those triangular pieces that snap around the top of the Winter Village Carousel (not sure if they are the same kind used in the original carousel)? I need some black and orange ones. I'm pretty sure I could make my own since they are a soft paper-like material but if someone already does customs cheap then save me a trip to walmart.

I never even heard about these. I see that the red and blue are sold out but the transparent purple is still available. Have these been out for a while or did they just sell out real fast?

Rootbeer

Banned
Speaking about batman, is there a particular set of hair to put on bruce wayne? the head is this http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAD-MF013-...Forehead-Batman-Wayne-NEW-Flesh-/371124868692 but apparently every hair I got doesn't fully cover the white stripe

Here is the bruce wayne minifigure... you an see which hair and head piece it uses. You can't really cover up the stripe... you need a different head piece

the white stripe is there to make batman's eyes white... it's a silly solution when they could instead just make batman's "helmet" have white eyes already inside it... but that's LEGO for you. There are pros/cons of doing it both ways... but the bottom line is the method they chose to use makes the batman heads kinda stupid without the helmet on.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?M=sh026

BTW I realized I need a Triceratops since Jurassic World does not include one... can't get one for under $40... ouuuuccchhh

Rootbeer

Banned
j2g ebayed some Simpsons S2, 20 packs. Check out his luck here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUA1PRAGW8k

Supposedly Target has street dated them so you can't buy them before May 1st :(

Hopefully some TRU stores will start getting them in because they are more likely to break street date.

Cutting it pretty close this time... in the past they have (sometimes) hit stores two weeks or more in advance of LEGO retail stores. Looks like I'll probably end up having to feel for all 16 at my local LEGO store.

I like for them to hit other chains first, because LEGO stores have that 16 pack limit... so I can get a jumpstart on my collection if I manage to get a few packs somewhere else first. That way if my packfeeling is a bit off that day and I can't feel out all 16... I have a better chance of completing my set near launch day.

robochimp

Hopefully some TRU stores will start getting them in because they are more likely to break street date.

Cutting it pretty close this time... in the past they have (sometimes) hit stores two weeks or more in advance of LEGO retail stores. Looks like I'll probably end up having to feel for all 16 at my local LEGO store.

I like for them to hit other chains first, because LEGO stores have that 16 pack limit... so I can get a jumpstart on my collection if I manage to get a few packs somewhere else first. That way if my packfeeling is a bit off that day and I can't feel out all 16... I have a better chance of completing my set near launch day.

I usually end up at Target a few times a week, Ive been watching for them. I'm going to try and get the whole set in one shot this time, such a great wave of figures.

Ryuuroden

My Lego store has a 25 pack limit cause they understand you want some duplicates. Didn't know others ran at only 16. Also if they know you as a good person and not a reseller they will let you go a few over.

Rootbeer

Banned
It's definitely 16 at mine, they were sure to let everyone know Jan 1st when everyone was feeling the new series packs.

It can be sort of stressful trying to feel all 16 perfectly when there are over a hundred people swarming around the store and trying to feel the packs as well. I was able to help a lot of people get some figures they wanted as well, but I'd much rather not have to be under such strict circumstances. At TRU and Target, the crowds are next to nothing so you can kinda be on your own and take your time a little easier.

teeny

I don't know if I was extremely lucky or if it was a year end thing, but my WH Smiths were doing a stock clearout and had a couple of fresh boxes of series 5 minifigs for £2 a packet (though they were marked £2.49). A coworker and I managed to get two of the whole series each. Might want to check if you're passing.

neonglow

Are any figures more sought after than others in this series? I hope I don't have as hard of a time like I did trying to find the hot dog guy.

The only one I really want out of the Simpsons set is Comic Book Guy, but I'll probably grab a few. They are always good for filling out scenes. If I get Smithers, he's getting his own mech to join Burns in battle.

As May 2nd approaches, I am debating about what Star Wars stuff to get. I still need the Sandcrawler, and am hoping for a sale (which probably won't happen), but I am still a bit indifferent to the set. I have gotten all the UCS Star Wars stuff since emerging from the dark ages, but as display space and money gets more limited, I am being pickier.

The UCS TIE looks like an okay build, but it is the TIE Fighter! I think I will be happier having that one display, as it will complement the other ships so well. The Sandcrawler just looked so disappointing in person. So tiny.

Ponn

Banned
As May 2nd approaches, I am debating about what Star Wars stuff to get. I still need the Sandcrawler, and am hoping for a sale (which probably won't happen), but I am still a bit indifferent to the set. I have gotten all the UCS Star Wars stuff since emerging from the dark ages, but as display space and money gets more limited, I am being pickier.

The UCS TIE looks like an okay build, but it is the TIE Fighter! I think I will be happier having that one display, as it will complement the other ships so well. The Sandcrawler just looked so disappointing in person. So tiny.

That's a lot of dough to drop on a set you are so-so on. Don't forget Aug-Sept are going to be killer months with 2nd wave superhero sets, Scooby Doo, Star Wars wave and Force Awakens sets and if you are getting them Lego Dimensions.

Why haven't we got a Reverse Flash fig yet? Should be the simplest re-paint cash in to put out. Hell you would think a knock off version would have been a no brainer by now.

That's a lot of dough to drop on a set you are so-so on. Don't forget Aug-Sept are going to be killer months with 2nd wave superhero sets, Scooby Doo, Star Wars wave and Force Awakens sets and if you are getting them Lego Dimensions.

Why haven't we got a Reverse Flash fig yet? Should be the simplest re-paint cash in to put out. Hell you would think a knock off version would have been a no brainer by now.

The TIE I am hyped on just for having an UCS TIE, no matter how meh the build will be. The Sandcrawler is the only one I am on the fence about.

I am also on the fence for Kwik E Mart. It will just be a parts pack in the end, but damn do I want that Snake figure and some of the parts from it.

And Scooby does have me hyped. Since moving and getting more space, I actually feel like having less things on display. Just keep the new place a bit cleaner looking and not overrun with bricks. Packing things up and disassembling has done that to me. I don't feel the bug as badly as before. Maybe it is because I am happier here and not filling a hole in my life as much as I did before with LEGO.

I do feel the urge to do large MOCs more than ever though.

ruxtpin

Banned
Do we have any rumors on the SW sets that might be on sale? I can't remember, but do we get double VIP on Star Wars sets in May? I'm holding out on the Tie and Kwik Mart until I can get double VIP again.

neonglow

We talking about Simpsons? I didn't have any problem getting all of them in series 1.

The licensed stuff seems to have a fairer distribution. I'm hoping that's the case with Series 2 where no one figure is much more sought than the rest.

Do we have any rumors on the SW sets that might be on sale? I can't remember, but do we get double VIP on Star Wars sets in May? I'm holding out on the Tie and Kwik Mart until I can get double VIP again.

There were rumors the UCS X-wing might be on it's way out. I can't see that being discounted though. If I were to guess, I'd say LEGO will discount the AT-AP and Jedi Interceptor. They're the only early 2014 sets not sold out yet.

Rootbeer

Banned
i've been trying to find out exactly which products are coming around May 1st so I can plan my SW purchase accordingly to get that minifigure.

Sadly it looks like outside of the UCS set everything for SW is June or September... so I might have to get one of the older sets like the Sandcrawler... I think I'd like that better than the TIE.

Considering how heavy September is for SW sets it would be nice if they released more of those new sets shown at Toy Fair in May. I'd jump on that new Rebels set (with Sabine in her helm)

I don't know, I'd like to see them discount the Cantina so I can get a second one. We'll see what happens!

ghostmind

I'll be standing in line for the UCS TIE, but the night before I'll be placing a couple orders with S@H to get the remainder of the early 2015 SW sets that I had been holding off purchasing until the May 4th promo. That will bring me up to date for all available SW sets, so that I can pick up the June and September waves when they arrive.

ruxtpin

Banned
Not sure if anyone is looking for sales, but Diapers.com has 15% off 2+ Lego sets. Recent Marvel, Star Wars, and City are included. Shipping is free. More Info

I snagged the Avengers Tower and Darkseid Invasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom