• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
10247 Ferris Wheel reveal is imminent. Hopefully that means this weekend.

Yippee!! I hope it's tall and has power functions option. This set would actually make pretty good use of power funtions and also that glow in the dark from Mixer. Don't waste any piece count on trucks.

I got a post card in the mail from Lego about May 4th. It was advertising the free fig and said open to see deals for May 4th. Inside it says free Admiral Yularen fig, Free Episode IV poster and discounted sets but no specific sets mentioned unfortunately.

Started unpacking the Kwik E Mart and was surprised to see these pieces loose in the box. Is that normal? I've only seen large pieces loose before. I checked all the bags and they all seemed sealed.

QFoU6hG.jpg

Ryuuroden

Started unpacking the Kwik E Mart and was surprised to see these pieces loose in the box. Is that normal? I've only seen large pieces loose before. I checked all the bags and they all seemed sealed.

too soon for people to be buying them, taking them home, opening them carefully, unsealing the bags, taking the figures out, closing the bags using heaters, and returning it.

Yes this happens, I have been a victim.

I'll be standing in line for the UCS TIE, but the night before I'll be placing a couple orders with S@H to get the remainder of the early 2015 SW sets that I had been holding off purchasing until the May 4th promo. That will bring me up to date for all available SW sets, so that I can pick up the June and September waves when they arrive.
Do we have any like leaknof what will be on sale for May the 4th?

LEGO send me an email stating that it will be a little longer for Pet Shop so I am thinking this is the end of the Pet Shop modular.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Anyone have any of these knockoffs? Thought about buying the Batman sets as a way to cheaply get minifigs that I had no interest in the actual set(Batgirl, etc).

I got a few batches to make up some Lego superhero frames for my brothers as Christmas presents. The quality isn't bad, but occasionally there'll be the odd misprinting or slightly off colour that can make it a lot more noticeable. For the most part though they're decent.

It's all about the actual dinosaurs for me, i have no interest in those vehicles really... If we would have gotten one of those old explorer Jeeps from JP1 then i'd be all over it, but these don't do it for me!

Rootbeer

Banned
After the huge success for vintage franchise sets such as Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and most obvious of all: Star Wars... for them to not be more aggressive about doing Jurassic Park sets is kinda disappointing.

Give us that iconic Jeep & T-Rex scene. Easy huge seller.

VJvM22E.gif

3N16MA

Banned
After the huge success for vintage franchise sets such as Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and most obvious of all: Star Wars... for them to not be more aggressive about doing Jurassic Park sets is kinda disappointing.

Give us that iconic Jeep & T-Rex scene. Easy huge seller.

VJvM22E.gif

1642834-o_194pocb72qn217tg1dmt2541t907-full.jpg

This is up for review on LEGO Ideas so there is a possibility we get it.

Anyone have any of these knockoffs? Thought about buying the Batman sets as a way to cheaply get minifigs that I had no interest in the actual set(Batgirl, etc).

Quality varies greatly depending on the knockoff "brand". Decool has the highest quality of the knockoffs IMO, but even then you'll see lower quality printing compared to LEGO. Sheng Yuan seems to be the 2nd best from what I've seen. QC overall is not good. I've gotten sealed items missing hair pieces, but the prices are so low even with shipping it didn't upset me too much.

Ponn

Banned
Ferris Wheel come out and playyyyeyyy

I'm thinking of getting those Walking Dead knock off figs. Some of the characters look ok, if anything it would give me extra zombie figs.

Maengun1

1642834-o_194pocb72qn217tg1dmt2541t907-full.jpg

This is up for review on LEGO Ideas so there is a possibility we get it.

That ... is ... AMAZING! It's so massive though. I mean with Ghostbusters and BTTF it ended up just being figs and a car. That enormous gate and enormous brick-built T-Rex....:drool:

I think the Jurassic World sets are a bit underwhelming, but I'd be all over anything from the first movie. All the movies are included in the new Lego videogame, so we'll see what's coming up I suppose.

That ... is ... AMAZING! It's so massive though. I mean with Ghostbusters and BTTF it ended up just being figs and a car. That enormous gate and enormous brick-built T-Rex....:drool:

I think the Jurassic World sets are a bit underwhelming, but I'd be all over anything from the first movie. All the movies are included in the new Lego videogame, so we'll see what's coming up I suppose.

They could get the piece count down by using some bigger pieces for that doorframe etc. but yeah whenever we're talking T-Rex, you can't have a tiny version, kinda defeats the purpose...

Anyway, fix that jeep up a little and i'd be ALL over this one. what a glorious display piece this would make!!

Fowler

Avengers-themed birthday haul this year! Friends got me the Hulkbuster set plus two Avenger Towers to try and make it taller. Just saw the film a few days ago so can't wait to get started...

That moment when you realized you spaced paying one of the Bricklink stores, so his delivery will be delayed a few days.

That moment when his order had stuff you needed to even start. &_&

Stumbled upon a lone Anakin's Custom Starfighter at Walmart. Been wanting it and haven't seen it before so grabbed it up. Excited for the UCS Tie next week too.

Those seem really cool and really expensive. Maybe the pictures are misleading. Do you have any pics of your setup with one of the tables? I am curious to see.

Check page one of this thread. I posted it there but it got lost in the new OT excitement.

Here's a storage solution. Doubles as a workspace:

They're available at http://www.brikcrate.com/, but quite pricey. I lucked out and found one on craigslist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom