• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am confused by the folding action. Is it a hinge on the underside or something that makes it swing under? And are the sorting bins just affixed to the wall?

The whole box attaches to the wall and the table folds down(attached with 2 hinges on the bottom). There's a leg that pops out and locks to support the table.

I hadn't heard of the company until someone listed it on Craigslist for $80 which seemed reasonable.

Ryuuroden

Well shit, I'm a carpenter I am going to copy that idea for my own storage needs when I build the new house. I'll make an entire wall of them on one of the finished basement walls so that when I open them I have 1 super long table top ;0

The whole box attaches to the wall and the table folds down(attached with 2 hinges on the bottom). There's a leg that pops out and locks to support the table.

I hadn't heard of the company until someone listed it on Craigslist for $80 which seemed reasonable.
Thanks for the explanation. That was the part that was missing from the site.

And $80 is not bad. Heck, the plastic bins themselves are close to that price.

neonglow

LEGO Creator Ferris Wheel (10247)
11174813_10153252311918934_1354724328922611644_n.jpg

Wow. Insta-bought. It's the Grand Carousel part deux.

Think of all the figures you can put in it. Think of how huge it will be in a modular city. I mean, damn!

But wait, are those rubber bands adding pressure to the wheels presumably driving the thing? Huh.

LEGO Creator Ferris Wheel (10247)
11174813_10153252311918934_1354724328922611644_n.jpg

2400+ pcs

$199.99USD

Hey now! That looks awesome. So when do we get the snazzy designer video?
Wow. Insta-bought. It's the Grand Carousel part deux.

Think of all the figures you can put in it. Think of how huge it will be in a modular city. I mean, damn!

But wait, are those rubber bands adding pressure to the wheels presumably driving the thing? Huh.
Yup. Those are rubber bands. BAH!

I looked at videos of the old Ferris Wheel (4957). It's half the brick count, although it has power functions as standard. But it moves really badly. I hope they've figured out a better way for this one.

I'm assuming it has power functions?

1642834-o_194pocb72qn217tg1dmt2541t907-full.jpg

This is up for review on LEGO Ideas so there is a possibility we get it.

YES! Brick built T - Rex. Looks amazing. Better get approved. Infinitely better than those cheapy giant mold T rexes that come with the official sets.

They could get the piece count down by using some bigger pieces for that doorframe etc. but yeah whenever we're talking T-Rex, you can't have a tiny version, kinda defeats the purpose...

Anyway, fix that jeep up a little and i'd be ALL over this one. what a glorious display piece this would make!!

I'd be fine with the T Rex all by itself if the piece count is too high. Its amazing.

Looks like 10 minifigs in that ferris wheel set. It looks great. It's a hell of a lot bigger than I expected. Good. My minifigs need more places to play.

That thing looks so awesome, I kinda hope someone mods it to add lightning to it as well. Ferris Wheels always look so cool at night when they are lit up.

Rootbeer

Banned
How come there was barely any mention of the new T16 Skyhopper from you guys.
What an awesome little build. I love this thing.

Well, I certainly love the Sandperson minifigure. I have that set, I don't think the ship translates as well into a LEGO build as most Star wars ships though. But I'm glad to own it!

Jimbro72

That Ferris wheel looks huge and far bigger than I was expecting. I have no idea where I'll display it, but I definitely want it.

Ponn

Banned
Yes! Exactly what I wanted out of the Ferris Wheel. My Joker Creepy Carnival is gonna be awesome for Halloween. I would love to see a Roller Coaster next year.

Anyone for some DDR Solo?

Not sure about that tile for the menu screen? I have seen people do stickers quite small but need to research how to go aboout that.

How about a little Double action?

Tekken 6 Arcade looks fun.

Some Versus City cabs:

And Keyboard Mania:
Love all those arcade cabinets. Now to make some stickers, eh?

Yes! Exactly what I wanted out of the Ferris Wheel. My Joker Creepy Carnival is gonna be awesome for Halloween. I would love to see a Roller Coaster next year.
I want a roller coaster so bad. Give us some tracks that can go at odd angles or make loops. God that would open up so many MOC possibilities.

neonglow

If we do get a minifigure roller coaster, it'll be like one of those small ones for kids. Can't imagine the costs if they did a regular roller coaster.

If this theme continues on, I'm hoping they do one of those pirate ship swinging rides. They can model it after the Jolly Rocker from LEGOland.

egoland_windsor_1783292a.jpg

If we do get a minifigure roller coaster, it'll be like one of those small ones for kids. Can't imagine the costs if they did a regular roller coaster.

If this theme continues on, I'm hoping they do one of those pirate ship swinging rides. They can model it after the Jolly Rocker from LEGOland.

egoland_windsor_1783292a.jpg

Ooooh. Nice idea. That might be tough to pull off and have functional with basic power functions though, wouldn't it?

Ponn

Banned
I want a roller coaster so bad. Give us some tracks that can go at odd angles or make loops. God that would open up so many MOC possibilities.

I've seen some mocs but they don't use tracks instead they use looks like technic pieces and a pulley system like actual roller coasters. It was a neat idea but man that piece count. If I could get my hand on some more of those angled rail piece that was in the Joker Funhouse set That would be a great start.

I was actually thinking of doing a ghost ship version of one of those for my creepy carnival. I was thinking it might not be that hard to MOC with the boat pieces and some technic bars.

I've seen some mocs but they don't use tracks instead they use looks like technic pieces and a pulley system like actual roller coasters. It was a neat idea but man that piece count. If I could get my hand on some more of those angled rail piece that was in the Joker Funhouse set That would be a great start.

I was actually thinking of doing a ghost ship version of one of those for my creepy carnival. I was thinking it might not be that hard to MOC with the boat pieces and some technic bars.
MOCing the swing ship itself would be pretty easy actually. Getting it working with power functions without killing someone might be tough.

Ferris Wheel set with 2400+ pieces and priced at $199.99? That is music to my ears! I can't wait to see the designer video. This will go great with the Fairground Mixer. I'm just a bit sad that I sold my Grand Carousel a while back.

Ponn

Banned
Give me Bumper Cars next!

I've been thinking of one but it would take a shit load of tiles. I want that Joker polybag and probably need multiples unfortunately so far only EU has them slated. I'm wondering if it will be a Lego store freebie the month Jokerland comes out.

YdICfQ7l.jpg

Give me this with power functions so I can watch the minifigs spin.

Oh shit, this just gave me a horribly morbid idea for another creepy carnival MOC.

Been going through ideas for a Halloween display in my head. Since I couldn't make one last year, I am deciding to start very early this year and make something a bit more extreme than 2013. Instead of just having ideas in my head, building, and modifying as I go, I decided to sketch out some ideas.

Right now I want to make it modular like before, but easy enough to have almost like separate sets. Maybe throw things up on Ideas for a Halloween Village set each year.

DakLLVT.jpg

I am wanting to make a creepy demon tree, but having it all brick built unlike the impending Scooby set. This is just a quick sketch for an idea that I should be able to pull off with bricks.

Now to sketch an evil cabin. Evil Dead style.

Ryuuroden

Been going through ideas for a Halloween display in my head. Since I couldn't make one last year, I am deciding to start very early this year and make something a bit more extreme than 2013. Instead of just having ideas in my head, building, and modifying as I go, I decided to sketch out some ideas.

Right now I want to make it modular like before, but easy enough to have almost like separate sets. Maybe throw things up on Ideas for a Halloween Village set each year.

DakLLVT.jpg

I am wanting to make a creepy demon tree, but having it all brick built unlike the impending Scooby set. This is just a quick sketch for an idea that I should be able to pull off with bricks.

Now to sketch an evil cabin. Evil Dead style.

Awesome sketch, I can immediately grasp pretty much exactly how I would build it after looking at the sketch for like 30 seconds. Helps that I have been pretty much waist deep in building natural elements the last few weeks for Orthanc but it is mainly because that drawing is really easy to dismantle in my mind and pull out the pieces needed as well as some parts you didn't draw in there. If there's ever a contest where one person draws something and everyone else has to interpret it into brick form, I want you to do the drawing.

Awesome sketch, I can immediately grasp pretty much exactly how I would build it after looking at the sketch for like 30 seconds. Helps that I have been pretty much waist deep in building natural elements the last few weeks for Orthanc but it is mainly because that drawing is really easy to dismantle in my mind and pull out the pieces needed as well as some parts you didn't draw in there. If there's ever a contest where one person draws something and everyone else has to interpret it into brick form, I want you to do the drawing.

The trick is that I want to embed a light brick in there and have the eyes and mouth glow red. :)

Obviously I want to use Mixel joints for the arms. If I add arms that is. I will most likely be using a lot of Ewok Village parts for this. I was trying to sketch with pieces in mind.

Also did some quick sketch ups for a new graveyard. I want to redo and refine the tombstones I did in 2013, but also had an idea for a Celtic cross style tombstone. As I was sketching it I ran upstairs to try and hastily build one and see if it could work, and it did. Is it perfect? No. But it is effective and the right scale.
I also had some ideas for crypts and other broken graves with zombies busting out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom