• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Been going through ideas for a Halloween display in my head. Since I couldn't make one last year, I am deciding to start very early this year and make something a bit more extreme than 2013. Instead of just having ideas in my head, building, and modifying as I go, I decided to sketch out some ideas.

Right now I want to make it modular like before, but easy enough to have almost like separate sets. Maybe throw things up on Ideas for a Halloween Village set each year.

DakLLVT.jpg

I am wanting to make a creepy demon tree, but having it all brick built unlike the impending Scooby set. This is just a quick sketch for an idea that I should be able to pull off with bricks.

Now to sketch an evil cabin. Evil Dead style.

I did a similar tree for my scene a couple years ago. The Ent from the Orthanc set is a goldmine of pieces for something like this. I think I had all the parts I needed between that and the tree from the werewolf MF set.

I did a similar tree for my scene a couple years ago. The Ent from the Orthanc set is a goldmine of pieces for something like this. I think I had all the parts I needed between that and the tree from the werewolf MF set.

Did you happen to get a pic of it? I would love to see it.
And possibly steal some techniques from it.

Ponn

Banned
Did you happen to get a pic of it? I would love to see it.
And possibly steal some techniques from it.

Sorry I could only find one its muddled.

I'd probably go with different eyes, they weren't menacing enough. If you are going for a light brick you are probably going to build them anyways to with translucent pieces. I did like the mouth idea I had but it could definitely be refined upon.

If you are doing an Evil Dead thing you are going to need to tree tentacles.

Sorry I could only find one its muddled.

I'd probably go with different eyes, they weren't menacing enough. If you are going for a light brick you are probably going to build them anyways to with translucent pieces. I did like the mouth idea I had but it could definitely be refined upon.

If you are doing an Evil Dead thing you are going to need to tree tentacles.

Awesome! Thank you. And I like the Gingerdead Man you got there. I didn't think about doing that. Maybe I can get a Jack Frost modification to the snowman poly bag from last year going.

And more tentacles for the tree if I go Evil Dead style. I will make sure no female figures are near it then.

EDIT: Is that a dismembered Deadpool in the bottom left corner?

Ponn

Banned
Awesome! Thank you. And I like the Gingerdead Man you got there. I didn't think about doing that. Maybe I can get a Jack Frost modification to the snowman poly bag from last year going.

And more tentacles for the tree if I go Evil Dead style. I will make sure no female figures are near it then.

EDIT: Is that a dismembered Deadpool in the bottom left corner?

Yea, he made one too many Gingerbread Man jokes. Plus he would still be alive to make more quips after.

I will probably be asking for help on my Halloween MOC im working on as it goes too, thats why I love LegoGAF. Lot's of ideas floating around. We should do a Halloween theme MOC contest this year. No limits, just pure awesome creative horror.

LEGO Creator Ferris Wheel (10247)
11174813_10153252311918934_1354724328922611644_n.jpg

I swear. LEGO is testing to see how many $200+ LEGO sets an AFOL can buy in one year before they break. I'm 75% sold on this one, but it can easily get bumped down if more $200+ sets I like better keep coming out. I'm still not caught up on modulars. Two more left (Parisian and Detective).

Very cool! I probably wouldn't buy it if it was for sale, but I'll take it for free!

About time! Any other Super Hero exclusive minifig giveaways scheduled for 2015?
Can't remember if there was info on possible Comicon exclusive minifigs.

Been going through ideas for a Halloween display in my head. Since I couldn't make one last year, I am deciding to start very early this year and make something a bit more extreme than 2013. Instead of just having ideas in my head, building, and modifying as I go, I decided to sketch out some ideas.

Right now I want to make it modular like before, but easy enough to have almost like separate sets. Maybe throw things up on Ideas for a Halloween Village set each year.

DakLLVT.jpg

I am wanting to make a creepy demon tree, but having it all brick built unlike the impending Scooby set. This is just a quick sketch for an idea that I should be able to pull off with bricks.

Now to sketch an evil cabin. Evil Dead style.

Scooby dooby doo!!!

You gotta be kidding me with that Winter soldier??

We've had this one in EU Lego stores for a while now but ONLY if you buy the actual fucking HELICARRIER, not 75 bucks of SH themed Lego :((

We've had this one in EU Lego stores for a while now but ONLY if you buy the actual fucking HELICARRIER, not 75 bucks of SH themed Lego :((

I feel for you. I know many of us in U.S. complain, but I definitely know we have it good compared to much of the rest of the world. Do you ever buy those exclusive minifigs via Bricklink as a "cheaper" way to get them?

I swear. LEGO is testing to see how many $200+ LEGO sets an AFOL can buy in one year before they break. I'm 75% sold on this one, but it can easily get bumped down if more $200+ sets I like better keep coming out. I'm still not caught up on modulars. Two more left (Parisian and Detective).

Since I'm not into Star Wars or the non-minifig stuff like the cars or architecture, I have much more room for bigger Creator Expert stuff. The main problem will be fitting it. It seems to be 48 studs deep, so my street won't fit around it. Perhaps I'll make the street turn before it and then use the ferris wheel as an end cap to the display.

Ponn

Banned

I'm lost. What's the issue?

everyone should have a Helicarrier if i'm elected el presidente

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm starting to see a lot of posts on reddit of people finding Simpsons Series 2, Jurassic World sets or both at various stores in various parts of the world.

Finally!

I feel for you. I know many of us in U.S. complain, but I definitely know we have it good compared to much of the rest of the world. Do you ever buy those exclusive minifigs via Bricklink as a "cheaper" way to get them?

Eh, i suppose i shouldn't complain, cos Australia seems to have gotten the REAL short end of the stick with their insane prices.

I bricklink some of them, but it's kind of a trade off since even with crappy sets that you don't want, you get your minifigs AND can use it as a parts pack... Then again, something like the Helicarrier is pushing the limit for parts pack only, and i am not quite convinced of it as a display piece just yet.

At my store, just about any 2013 Star Wars set, 2014 Ninjago, Arctic City sets, the first wave Star Wars Rebels stuff, random City stuff, and one or two Friends sets.

We didn't have much stuff at my store, but we did clearance the AT-TE. I was tempted, but if it is still there on the 27th when things hit 75% off I will bite. Same with the B-Wing from last year.

Oh, and all the wave 1 micro fighters went half price.

It does seem that the Friends bakery was missed, so it is still sitting on the shelf and no one knows it is half off. I am just going to wait until it hits $2 like I did with the Friends cafe last time and snatch them up.

If you go to the store and see most of sets like I listed sitting in section and not clearance tagged, they might not be on sale at that store, or they missed them. I say go back on Monday and see if they are still on the shelf and not in clearance, ask someone to check the price. If they are clearance, they will come up 75% off that day.
Or, if you wait another week or so (I will check the date later), they will hit $2. That is the magic time.

Remember, WordAssassin got the T-Rex capture Dino set for $2 last year because the store here didn't catch it. :)

I stopped by today and the 75% off hadn't started yet. I picked up 9 mixels at 50%.

Is there a certain time of day that the 75% off starts?

I stopped by today and the 75% off hadn't started yet. I picked up 9 mixels at 50%.

Is there a certain time of day that the 75% off starts?
I was wrong. It is tomorrow. I got my days confused. I think May 5th or so is when things go down to $2.
My store found the rest of the stuff, so no lucking into $2 hidden gems this time. I do plan to get a fair amount of the stuff for 75% off tomorrow though.

I was wrong. It is tomorrow. I got my days confused. I think May 5th or so is when things go down to $2.
My store found the rest of the stuff, so no lucking into $2 hidden gems this time. I do plan to get a fair amount of the stuff for 75% off tomorrow though.

Cool. I'll stop by tomorrow at opening. I want to get a bunch of Thomas trains for my 3 year old. Will the prices be in effect right at opening?

Saw Simpsons S2 figures out at Meijer this afternoon. If I wasn't in a rush, and if I knew exactly what to feel for, I would have snagged some. But they are appearing early in the wild.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
ugh, this annoys me cause I want it and I likely won't win, just let me buy one ffs

Yep, this.

Like neonglow says, we gotta hope someone puts the instructions up. They only made 1,000 of the SDCC Batmobiles and that made it out...

But it looks semi-easy to copy and bricklink, I guess - once we've got a PDF of the real store calendar that'll be easy too.

Edit: In fact, the only pieces I don't recognise at all are the parts used for the pedals/footrests and the arm guards. Are they Bionicle pieces?

Yessssss I think I at last have all the non PF pieces to my car. Sooooooon.

I can start building it now, at least, to make sure it's viable, and not a total waste of time. Hopefully this goes well.

Ponn

Banned
Still no Ferris Wheel designer video? You think Lego would have learned by now not to wait so long for reveals since this shit leaks every time.

About time! Any other Super Hero exclusive minifig giveaways scheduled for 2015?
Can't remember if there was info on possible Comicon exclusive minifigs.

I just noticed that the requirement is a $75 purchase, not specifically a super hero set. That's a good thing.

Speaking of Super Hero sets....I seem to recall talk of a second Target minifig box (like last year's Superboy one). Did that ever come out?

I just noticed that the requirement is a $75 purchase, not specifically a super hero set. That's a good thing.

Speaking of Super Hero sets....I seem to recall talk of a second Target minifig box (like last year's Superboy one). Did that ever come out?

Just noticed that too. Might hold off on Ferris Wheel until June to get it then. And then wait on double VIP for Helicarrier.

neonglow

The second one hasn't come out yet. I expect it to show up in the fall around Black Friday.

Just noticed that too. Might hold off on Ferris Wheel until June to get it then. And then wait on double VIP for Helicarrier.

When would this be? I keep debating on whether or not I want to get The Simpsons' House. I'd wait for this if it isn't too far off. Only problem would be if the set would still be available in store.

First off, I see this set being a huge hit with kids if they have it on display with power functions active in stores.

Secondly, that flower tree is awesome. Trying to decipher how they pulled that off. A 1x1 with studs on all sides and flower stems on every stud?

Edit: 60cm high huh? Beastly height!

Ponn

Banned
Doesn't look like it has glow in the dark pieces. Kid with balloon, balloon car polybag will go good with this.

But look in the background. See those other rides, I see a ROLLERCOASTER!!

The shape of the ferris wheel will be pretty tenuous given the connection used to make the circle. lt is definitely an impressive set, but I hope that my kids will be able to actually play with it. The build has the potential of being really repetitive.

*gasps for air*

Alright, I'm about halfway through building my technic car, but I think I'm done for tonight. I've got the power train totally done, the chassis about 95% done, and I've got the seats, flooring, and the dash installed. I still have a good handful of pieces to order, particularly the PF motors and IR equipment. Hopefully though, I'll have a good 95% of the pieces I need.

I also need to switch to the lighter springs. These springs are WAAAAY too tight, they might as well be rigid.

Not looking forward to finding out I'm missing twenty pieces of the body or some shit.

Looking good so far but.... imo Lego missed a HUGE opportunity by NOT fitting this thing out with some sort of light brick system! Just image a fully lit Ferris Wheel at nighttime :(

Still gonna get this one though, i suspect the designer video will be the final nail in the coffin to cement that purchase ;)

leng jai

Finished 2 bags of the Kwik E Mart and some of the stickers have been painful aleady especially on the police car. For anyone yet to start I'd recommend opening bag 6 first and applying the KWIK and MART stickers on ASAP. They're bound to get creased and mangled when you're in the process of getting the surrounding stickers off beforehand. I'm surprised it wasn't printed since the whole set us is pretty much ruined if you stuff them up. A spare sheet should have been the minimum when you're paying this much for a set.

Rootbeer

Banned
gonna head to B&N and hopefully score some arctic sets! Thanks for the tip PB.

No idea what the LEGO section is like at my local B&N, haven't been in there in a couple months. They have one semi-large island of LEGO and a few smaller shelves... won't be shocked if all the discounted items are gone already.

gonna head to B&N and hopefully score some arctic sets! Thanks for the tip PB.

No idea what the LEGO section is like at my local B&N, haven't been in there in a couple months. They have one semi-large island of LEGO and a few smaller shelves... won't be shocked if all the discounted items are gone already.
If they are clearance they will be in the clearance tables. That is if they pulled them. I hope to snag some good stuff today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom