• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
Called my LEGO store to make absolutely sure of what they will have tomorrow.

At opening (not later in the day shipment):
Simpsons Series 2
Jurassic World
New architecture set

Guess I'm set. I'll be heading in to hopefully complete the Simpsons Series 2 16fig set and grab about 3 or 4 of the JW sets... still finalizing my choices on which ones. The others will wait till June or July I guess.

Frontrunners right now are:
Dilophosaurus Ambush
Raptor Rampage
Raptor Escape
T-Rex Tracker (mostly for the T-Rex, the rest I'm eehh on)

I'm fairly certain I will get all of them in time, but the Ultra Dino I might wait until after the film releases... in case I'm not a fan of what they come up with for it.

If your not afraid of them selling out of those sets you might as well wait one day and go in on the 2nd to get the free Star Wars stuff. Even if you don't collect i'm sure the mini fig would be worth something or trade.

Rootbeer

Banned
If your not afraid of them selling out of those sets you might as well wait one day and go in on the 2nd to get the free Star Wars stuff. Even if you don't collect i'm sure the mini fig would be worth something or trade.

I was going to do an online order for the SW stuff... would I get all of it with an online order, or is some of it in-store only?

I'm still deciding what to spend $75 on... i already own most of the SW stuff... Red One or Sandcrawler... but I dunno, wish some of the summer sets were coming out sooner.

Just wow at that Ferris Wheel. That would look awesome at night with some multicolor changing led lights on the spines.

That's what i've been saying, they really needed to focus on Lightbricks or something...

Imagine Power Functions PLUS Lightbricks when the lights are turned off...

Either way though, this cemented my purchase, must get!

Jimbro72

I was going to do an online order for the SW stuff... would I get all of it with an online order, or is some of it in-store only?

You should be able to get the freebies online, as well. That is how it's been in the past and how I plan on doing my ordering for it this time.

That's what i've been saying, they really needed to focus on Lightbricks or something...

Imagine Power Functions PLUS Lightbricks when the lights are turned off...

Either way though, this cemented my purchase, must get!

Why stop at power functions and light bricks. How about a sound brick, too, that plays carnival music as the ferris wheel spins and really get the whole experience going!

My local TRU says they have Simpsons S2 in stock so I'm heading there after work today.

The plan is to buy 12 packages. Don't have time to fondle out 16 different characters. When I get home, I'll figure out who I have and then only spend time feeling those that I need on another trip.

I'd be willing to trade any dupes with you guys if anyone's interested!

Rootbeer

Banned
Lucky... my TRU said they are holding to the street date firm.

But there is a (different) TRU next to my LEGO store... if I can't get the full set, gonna mosey on over there and see if they have any packs to fill out the 16.

When does the "May the Fourth" event take place? All weekend or just May 4th?

Also, will there be special discounts like last year?

It starts on Saturday and continues through the 4th.

If you're planning on buying something in order to get the exclusive figure, I'd suggest doing it earlier rather than later. TLG has run out of a few recent popular promos and this is usually the biggest of the year.

My guess is that there will likely be some very light discounts on 2013 (if there are any left) and 2014 sets...probably in the neighborhood of 10-20%.

As someone else suggested, magnets & keychains are usually heavily discounted.

neonglow

It starts on Saturday and continues through the 4th.

If you're planning on buying something in order to get the exclusive figure, I'd suggest doing it earlier rather than later. TLG has run out of a few recent popular promos and this is usually the biggest of the year.

My guess is that there will likely be some very light discounts on 2013 (if there are any left) and 2014 sets...probably in the neighborhood of 10-20%.

As someone else suggested, magnets & keychains are usually heavily discounted.

Europeans will get 10% off all the UCS sets and some of the retailer exclusive sets like Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter & Battle Droid Troop Carrier. I'm not sure what discounts Americans will get.

BigHow

Neo Member
Europeans will get 10% off all the UCS sets and some of the retailer exclusive sets like Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter & Battle Droid Troop Carrier. I'm not sure what discounts Americans will get.

Fingers crossed that we get the same discount on UCS. C'mon, X-Wing...

One thing I dont like about standard CCBS figures is how gapy the thigh/waist area is. Those ball joints just sticking out like that and connecting to the legs is really tacky looking. The darth vader one looks good since it covers up that area with armor though. Also when are they coming out?

One thing I dont like about standard CCBS figures is how gapy the thigh/waist area is. Those ball joints just sticking out like that and connecting to the legs is really tacky looking. The darth vader one looks good since it covers up that area with armor though. Also when are they coming out?

I'd guess whenever summer sets show up? I'm probably wrong though.

Dragoshi1

Hoping my local TRU has the JW sets tomorrow, I want at least the raptor sets, I'll Ebay or something for the Dilo and Pteranodon. The Indominus set I hope sticks around until august, so I can get it as a birthday gift.

I doubt there will be anything now on the 1st that I really want. If I haven't tracked down a few Simpsons figures by the middle of May, I'll get a few along with the Ferris Wheel. No interest for the dinos. Sure, a t-rex stalking my modular streets would always look cool, but I'm assuming that prices will be crazy at first. Also, it's quite likely that it will eventually be clearanced in a year or so. Jurassic World feels like Lone Ranger or TMNT to me, an over-hyped license.

However, I think I'll look through the sets for interesting heads to buy through Bricks & Pieces. Tons of neat ones in those sets.

I saw the jurrasic world sets yesterday at walmart, I should have gotten them but I was out buying a surface pro charger which is like $60 bucks and didn't feel like having a $100+ dollar trip

Ponn

Banned
Why stop at power functions and light bricks. How about a sound brick, too, that plays carnival music as the ferris wheel spins and really get the whole experience going!

Oh, lets take it to 11 and get a new Aroma Brick. It emits carnival smells like Cotton Candy, fried shit and manure!

wetwired

I put in a big order for some Chinese bootlegs. They had some great characters like Crossbones, Galactus, red Phoenix, Whiplash, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, and a great Marvel Girl that was only available in a building set that I got in a lot with Black Bolt.

My favorite has got to be the over the top Iron Man cross-over super hero suits of armor. They are just completely out of no where and look like a lot of fun. I will have Iron Man Batman and Robin for crying out loud.

DSC_0218%2Bcopy.jpg

DSC_0228%2Bcopy.jpg

And of course, I ordered my clear hero set as well! I gotta have my invisible Iron man armor after all.

Must... Resist.

It's interesting to see the excitement for the ferris wheel, it doesn't do much for me, Neither did the mixer. Just interesting to see what different people are excited about.

I am most excited about aesthetics so the modulars are the ones that get me pumped, probably licensed minifigs after that. Playset or interactive sets don't do much for me. Though I'd like to see someone who has a carnival set up with the mixer, ferris wheel and carousel, all lit up with LEDs

Bigfoot

I saw those. Green Lantern and Deadpool are my favorites. Gotta give them credit, they are getting plenty use out of a single Iron Man mould. I'm tempted to get those and the clear ones for the novelty, but I've got plenty other LEGO items on my list ahead of those.
Where do you guys buy these? I found some on Aliexpress but there is so many options and sellers and I've never bought from them before.

Ponn

Banned
I was putting together the first couple bags from the Gorilla Grodd set. I suddenly had an awesome idea and it turned out hilarious. I'm going to save it for the Flash thread next tuesday though. teehee.

Where do you guys buy these? I found some on Aliexpress but there is so many options and sellers and I've never bought from them before.

Yea Aliexpress. Find the cheapest seller, pretty much all of them have free shipping just keep an eye out. They also have feedback you can check if you question them but I haven't had a problem with a seller yet. If you're getting multiple sets check that sellers inventory and see if you can order all the sets from the same seller to make it simple. Expect at least a couple weeks for delivery.

Greivous looks like what the Bionicles should have.

EDIT: Soon(TM)

20150501-DSC03385.jpg by h3xantistyle, on Flickr
Yes, I am missing about 40 pieces. >_<
20150501-DSC03390.jpg by h3xantistyle, on Flickr
Will eventually be twin L motor, as opposed to single M motor. Drives now as it is, can't wait to see it with two L's.
20150501-DSC03394.jpg by h3xantistyle, on Flickr
Glove box and doors.
20150501-DSC03396.jpg by h3xantistyle, on Flickr
Tail lights and corpse storage.
20150501-DSC03400.jpg by h3xantistyle, on Flickr
Sariel's beautiful transmission, with some modifications.

Oh?

So 10% is essentially nothing but double VIP then hmmm.... Now i still don't know what set to get. Ewok Village or Red-Five. I am assuming Ewok Village will retire earlier as it is the older set right? Though nowadays that really doesn't mean shit anymore, just look at the Death Star or Pet Shop etc.

I got to look at the Jurassic World sets built for our displays today. Gotta say I am very disappointed in the new dinosaurs. They changed the mould or something... the bodies are two pieces (top & bottom), but the seam on the T-Rex and two raptors I looked at was downright embarrassing. Massive gaps between the two pieces of plastic. The Rex I have from the old Dinos set looks almost like a solid piece instead of two because the seam is closed so tight and the printing is so sharp.

Maybe they're not all that bad.

Tonight? I do think they will hold the TIE a day.

Correct, the TIE is releasing on May 2nd, everything else (Flatiron, Jurassic World) is May 1st.

Ryuuroden

Oh?

So 10% is essentially nothing but double VIP then hmmm.... Now i still don't know what set to get. Ewok Village or Red-Five. I am assuming Ewok Village will retire earlier as it is the older set right? Though nowadays that really doesn't mean shit anymore, just look at the Death Star or Pet Shop etc.

Red five is older

Interesting note about the Death Star in this release:

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-may-the-4th-be-with-you/

Spend €55/£50 on LEGO® Star Wars™ and get an Admiral Yularen™ Minifigure
Free LEGO® Star Wars™ Poster with any LEGO® Star Wars™ purchase. This is the first of 6 to collect!

10% Off selected LEGO® Star Wars™ sets! *Hurry supplies are limited! Purchase the new and exclusive LEGO® Star Wars – TIE Fighter™ 75095

All May the 4th activity will be running from 2nd – 9th May 2015. Save 10% on these great LEGO® Star Wars™ sets!

Plus many more available at Shop.LEGO.com. Please note the 10188 Death Star has limited supply at the discounted price. This item will not be available once on backorder.

Sets on sale:

10188 Death Star™*
10236 Ewok™ Village
10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter™
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina™
75054 AT-AT™
75055 Imperial Star Destroyer™
75058 MTT™
75059 Sandcrawler™
75085 Hailfire Droid™
75086 Battle Droid™ Troop Carrier
75087 Anakin’s Custom Jedi Starfighter™

Dragoshi1

What's the U.S MSRP on Raptor Escape? I can't seem to find it on any sites, is it even available now?

I saw some reviews oft he set already on Youtube, so it has to be around, right?

Dragoshi1

Thanks, gonna use a 20% off coupon for Rampage at a TRU and than get Escape if possible at a Target.

I want the Indominus, but I may just ebay for the other dinosaurs.

In order to get the Star Wars minifig + poster tomorrow, do I have to buy $75 of Star Wars sets? Or could I buy some Avengers sets + a Star Wars set to get to $75 and still get the figure?

And if I put some of my VIP money toward it, ($15), does that count? So then I really only pay out of pocket ~$60?

In order to get the Star Wars minifig + poster tomorrow, do I have to buy $75 of Star Wars sets? Or could I buy some Avengers sets + a Star Wars set to get to $75 and still get the figure?

And if I put some of my VIP money toward it, ($15), does that count? So then I really only pay out of pocket ~$60?

No to the first question, yes to the second.

This is one of the few annual promos that requires you to spend on a particular theme. I've been declined a fig for buying a $74.99 set before, so they're pretty strict about the $75.

Your VIP credit acts like cash, so go nuts and redeem it. I think I've got $80-$100 in my VIP account and I'm putting it toward Red Five.

Red five is older

Really? Not by much though? Man i am so torn on which to get and i really don't want to spend the cash for both right now...

On the one hand i love the organic and colorful look of Ewok Village, but then that massive X-Wing could look really badass as well even though i already own the smaller version. BOTH are great display pieces i suppose (even though EV is more of a playset)

Interesting note about the Death Star in this release:

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-may-the-4th-be-with-you/

Spend €55/£50 on LEGO® Star Wars™ and get an Admiral Yularen™ Minifigure
Free LEGO® Star Wars™ Poster with any LEGO® Star Wars™ purchase. This is the first of 6 to collect!

10% Off selected LEGO® Star Wars™ sets! *Hurry supplies are limited! Purchase the new and exclusive LEGO® Star Wars – TIE Fighter™ 75095

All May the 4th activity will be running from 2nd – 9th May 2015. Save 10% on these great LEGO® Star Wars™ sets!

Plus many more available at Shop.LEGO.com. Please note the 10188 Death Star has limited supply at the discounted price. This item will not be available once on backorder.

Sets on sale:

10188 Death Star™*
10236 Ewok™ Village
10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter™
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina™
75054 AT-AT™
75055 Imperial Star Destroyer™
75058 MTT™
75059 Sandcrawler™
75085 Hailfire Droid™
75086 Battle Droid™ Troop Carrier
75087 Anakin’s Custom Jedi Starfighter™

Still no word on USA sales, if anything. I just want to know if we get discounts will it be online or in stores only like the B-Wing was.

And interesting note about the Death Star. Has the thermal exhaust port finally been found?

Still no word on USA sales, if anything. I just want to know if we get discounts will it be online or in stores only like the B-Wing was.

I truly think the B-Wing was a complete aberration. They drastically overestimated the potential for that set based on when it was released. Every other May 4th event since then has been really underwhelming.

I'd wager if it came out today the B-Wing would be a huge seller due to the increase in popularity of LEGO & the Star Wars hype train pulling out of Toshi Station.

I truly think the B-Wing was a complete aberration. They drastically overestimated the potential for that set based on when it was released. Every other May 4th event since then has been really underwhelming.

I'd wager if it came out today the B-Wing would be a huge seller due to the increase in popularity of LEGO & the Star Wars hype train pulling out of Toshi Station.

I am never expecting a sale of that magnitude. I was meaning if there are discounts this year will they be online or in store only, because the B Wing was in store only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom