• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I order $100 worth of Power Functions stuff, is there anything I should know? Free over $75 things? Anything like that?

This would be off of the official Lego website.

Ponn

Banned
Before I order $100 worth of Power Functions stuff, is there anything I should know? Free over $75 things? Anything like that?

This would be off of the official Lego website.

Wait till tomorrow and throw something Star Wars related on your order to get free stuff. Just click the Star Wars may 4th banners on their site to see the stuff.

Hrm... Not sure if I care about Yularen enough to add $10 to my order...

Oooh, I do care about maybe possibly winning the Tie Fighter though. I guess I could wait a day for that.

Ponn

Banned
That's why you trade the figure later. :) Trade for a tiny technic set or some batteries for your motors.

Or maybe as a prize in another MOC competition if we do one again.

Or if you are using bricklink pop it up there and use it to fund your purchases. Lego IS a commodity to be used accordingly. For better or worse.

Jimbro72

I am never expecting a sale of that magnitude. I was meaning if there are discounts this year will they be online or in store only, because the B Wing was in store only.

I'm not sure the 50% B-Wing deal was in store only as, if I'm remembering correctly, I obtained mine during that deal and have never set foot in a store during any of these promotions they run, doing all my ordering online with them. I always thought any sales were good for both in store and online. I'll be placing my order online again this year but I'm only going for 2 sets to hit the minimum for the free fig and poster.

I'm not sure the 50% B-Wing deal was in store only as, if I'm remembering correctly, I obtained mine during that deal and have never set foot in a store during any of these promotions they run, doing all my ordering online with them. I always thought any sales were good for both in store and online. I'll be placing my order online again this year but I'm only going for 2 sets to hit the minimum for the free fig and poster.

Huh. I could have sworn it was in store only. Or maybe it was that it sold out online in seconds. I just remember arriving hours early at the store and waiting to get mine.

neonglow

In order to get the Star Wars minifig + poster tomorrow, do I have to buy $75 of Star Wars sets? Or could I buy some Avengers sets + a Star Wars set to get to $75 and still get the figure?

And if I put some of my VIP money toward it, ($15), does that count? So then I really only pay out of pocket ~$60?

If you do it at a store location, the entire $75 will have to be Star Wars. If you do it online, you may be able to get away with adding a small Star Wars set like in the past.

Interesting note about the Death Star in this release:

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/lego-may-the-4th-be-with-you/

Spend €55/£50 on LEGO® Star Wars™ and get an Admiral Yularen™ Minifigure
Free LEGO® Star Wars™ Poster with any LEGO® Star Wars™ purchase. This is the first of 6 to collect!

10% Off selected LEGO® Star Wars™ sets! *Hurry supplies are limited! Purchase the new and exclusive LEGO® Star Wars – TIE Fighter™ 75095

All May the 4th activity will be running from 2nd – 9th May 2015. Save 10% on these great LEGO® Star Wars™ sets!

Plus many more available at Shop.LEGO.com. Please note the 10188 Death Star has limited supply at the discounted price. This item will not be available once on backorder.

Sets on sale:

10188 Death Star™*
10236 Ewok™ Village
10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter™
75052 Mos Eisley Cantina™
75054 AT-AT™
75055 Imperial Star Destroyer™
75058 MTT™
75059 Sandcrawler™
75085 Hailfire Droid™
75086 Battle Droid™ Troop Carrier
75087 Anakin’s Custom Jedi Starfighter™

These are UK / Europe deals only right? Anyone have U.S. deals?

Come on Red Five, papa needs a new set to put together. *rolls dice*

I need one too except mine will go into backlog. If not available, I have backup plans which includes Tie Fighter Prototype.

chidrock

Does Lego usually start the sale online at 12 am eastern? I've been holding off on getting the AT-AT for this weekend, but my local store doesn't have any in so I'm going to have to try to get one online.

Jimbro72

I see that my brain is just mush right now is all. Thanks for correcting me, y'all.

No worries. Would just hate to see you, or anyone, waste a trip for something that could just as easily be ordered online.

Does Lego usually start the sale online at 12 am eastern? I've been holding off on getting the AT-AT for this weekend, but my local store doesn't have any in so I'm going to have to try to get one online.

It's suppose to start at that time online but it seems like the last couple of times I've tried ordering right at midnight for one of these promotions, LEGO has been slacking and not updating the site until quite a bit later, so who knows when it will actually go live online tonight.

I just need to know if I should go online tonight or wake up early tomorrow to drive to the store is all. :)

I am in exactly the same boat, but my drive will involve wrangling two little ones into the back seat, and will definitely result in sets for them (I'm not a monster, after all!).

Come on Red Five, papa needs a new set to put together. *rolls dice*

I just checked and it's expected to ship in 30 days on the S@H site.

I have to ask: what sets could you possibly not have?

Also - do you have any updated shots of your "room"?

I am driving to the store tomorrow (EU) and am getting ONE of these two sets and i am STILL conflicted as to which :(

I need your help in swaying me towards one or the other LegoGAF:

- If you could only have 1 of these 2 sets and could NEVER get the other, would you pick:

Ewok Village or Red-Five? (and preferably state why)

I am driving to the store tomorrow (EU) and am getting ONE of these two sets and i am STILL conflicted as to which :(

- If you could only have 1 of these 2 sets and could NEVER get the other, would you pick:

Ewok Village. I don't own it but I want it. I do have Red-Five. For me it's the nostalgia over ROTJ and the ewoks. It was the 1st movie I saw in the theater with my Dad. So many cool minifigs in the set.

Draxal

If you were to get Ewok Village it's pretty expandable with other Endor sets. If you were to get Red Five you'd be duty bound to get the Tie Fighter.

I prefer starships so X Wing for me, but if you are more of a moccer Ewok Village all the way.

Jimbro72

Well, I still a few holes from the currently available selection of SW sets, but tonight I'm looking to order the Battle Droid Trooper Carrier and Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter, which should bring me right up over $75 for the freebies. I also still need the Wookiee Gunship and UCS Slave I from the '15 sets. There's also a few from last year I've yet to pick up but waiting on the right deal (or to order through a relative). I'm hoping to be caught up with my SW wants within the next month or so, just as the new stuff hits.

As far as updated shots, if interested I'd be happy to take a few more pics as there have been some additions and changes in the setup since I last posted anything. Not as much as I would have liked but sometimes hard to find time for this and my other hobbies, and as such, the backlog grows ever larger.

Red Five will look better on display and will be a great complement to your inevitable TIE Fighter purchase. It is also less expensive.

Ewok Village is a better build and nets you tons of figures. There are also tons of hidden goodies and features to the set.

The plethora of pics I took when I posted a review.

Personally, I think Ewok Village is the far stronger set, but the X-Wing is a much better display model, especially if you have or intended to have more UCS ships.

neonglow

Are you going to end up getting both eventually? I'd personally go with the Ewok Village cause it's very different from any other set. There are rumors of Red Five going out of print though.

I have neither at the moment, but I'm eyeing Red-Five. Same reasons Phonciplebone already stated. It's just cooler. I do have the retail smaller X-Wing, but I still want the UCS X-Wing.

I'm not a huge Ewok fan. Set looks great, but high price point is a turn off. Ewok village looks like a lot of useful parts and definitely an Ewok army builder. It's essentially a UCS playset with a nice assortment of minifigs. If you really liked Return of the Jedi and love Ewoks, definitely get it. All those browns will be useful for tree MOCs. Ewok village isn't as nostalgic and memorable to me as the X-Wing.

Ponn

Banned
They never revealed the Brickfriday deals till that day either. You would figure the people that work in the stores would know if/what is going to be on sale at least the day before and that would leak somewhere.

chidrock

It's suppose to start at that time online but it seems like the last couple of times I've tried ordering right at midnight for one of these promotions, LEGO has been slacking and not updating the site until quite a bit later, so who knows when it will actually go live online tonight.

Thanks!

I have both and it really comes down to personal preference. If you're cool with play sets, I would choose the Ewok Village. It definitely packs a punch in terms of features and it incorporates a lot of things from the movie.

If you like the ships more and think the figures are for kids, then go for the Red 5.

I like the Red 5, but to be honest it doesn't really have anything that makes it stand out for me for some reason. Sets like the Ewok Village and R2D2 and even the Sandcrawler seem to have more personality to me. (Not sure why on the Sandcrawler) the Red 5 just feels like a bigger version of the regular X-wing.

robochimp

My Target didn't have the Jurassic World sets or Simpsons series 2 out.

I promised my son a Jurassic lego, so I had to resort to Toys-R-Us. They had all the Jurassic world sets and one lone very crinkled Dr. Hibbert.

Rootbeer

Banned
TRU had the ASM2 Electro poly finally!

Also got all of Simpsons S2 all of the Jurassic World sets (other than Indominous, the most expensive one) at my local LEGO retail store. Hulkbuster is a VERY strong seller... heard two people ask for it today while I was feeling packs. They were sold out, of course.

I also saw all of the JW sets, Simpsons figs at the Toys R Us next door. Target didn't have either... but if I'd asked to pull them from the back I think the odds are good they'd have some/all of them.

TRU also had the Hasbro Jurassic World toys out. I might have to get a couple, we'll see.

My VIP points are building up really nicely. Thought I might use them on one of the DTC sets from earlier this year but so far still holding out. Might finally cash them in on some EP7 sets.

Maengun1

Blargh, every store in town has the series 13 minifigs gone but just a blank spot with no Simpsons in it yet. Wish I lived near a Lego store (or a decent city)

:stares longingly at Moleman avatar:

I promised my son a Jurassic lego, so I had to resort to Toys-R-Us. They had all the Jurassic world sets and one lone very crinkled Dr. Hibbert.
​204-00-1379 Is the dpci. At my store they had to find them in the back.

Dragoshi1

Got Raptor Rampage, just need Raptor Escape, anyone seen it anywhere else besides Lego's online shop? I'd rather not pay all of that shipping.

My Target didn't have either of them as well.

I'm heading to my local mall tomorrow and there's a Lego Store there. Hopefully, The Simpsons minifigs are still around.

Jimbro72

Alright, a few updated shots that are different from last time.

The 3 different AT-TE sets all lined up

17335652182_35def15f50_c.jpg

The 3 different Republic Gunship sets side by side

17335653122_28420a7760_c.jpg

The UCS X-wing and B-Wing added to the display with Cloud City moved onto it's own shelf in the back on top.

17130109497_aa17f9c139_c.jpg

The new Sandcrawler

17151314429_f7ab507612_c.jpg

Some other various new sets. I'll be doing some rearranging here to make room for the 2 newest modulars that aren't build yet. The Simpsons house, along with Kwik-E-Mart when purchased, will hopefully be finding a new home on my Simpsons bookshelf, with R2 moved to the floor for now. The convention exclusives will also be finding new home, too, in one of those IKEA glass shelves.

17149975990_0b6431f2ee_c.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice collection Joe! UCS Falcon... jelly. I need to get that sandcrawler :)

Anyone putting in an online order tonight when the SW offers go live? I wonder how long the minifig will stay in stock... I can't see it being as popular as last year's but I'm not confident it will stay in stock the entire weekend, either.

Ryuuroden

Whenever I got new versions, I always take apart the old versions and it goes into the collective. Good examples of that are my ATT's, AT-AT's, snowspeeders, x-wings, b-wings, a-wings, republic gunships, tie fighters, y-wings, and more lol. I also took apart my UCS Drop Ship and it is in the collective although I still have the mech troop carrier on display.

Rootbeer

Banned
Whenever I got new versions, I always take apart the old versions and it goes into the collective. Good examples of that are my ATT's, AT-AT's, snowspeeders, x-wings, b-wings, a-wings, republic gunships, tie fighters, y-wings, and more lol.

I don't have a lot of rehashed sets since I'm only a few years into my second LEGO life, but I plan on doing the same.

kitzkozan

For those of us in Canada, Toys'R'Us is a good option for buying smaller Star War sets this weekend, unless you really need the exclusive minifig and the poster. Just about every Lego SW set is 20% off and you can also use a coupon to get another 10$ off a purchase of 50$ or more (CineplexFeb).

I'm expecting conservative discount (10-15%) at Lego shop@home which isn't great, unless you buy sets which are over $150. If I were to buy the Ewok village, I'm going all in on the Lego shop offer. If I decide to go for the AT-AT, I can get it for $94 at Toys'R'us and I doubt Lego will discount it by 27.5%.

Brickset reviews the UCS TIE Fighter.

Brickset said:
On account of the simplicity of the TIE Fighter’s design plus some unavoidable repetition, the build wasn’t exactly the most interesting I’ve ever undertaken. Even so, there are some interesting building techniques employed during the build, not to mention some interesting element usage, and the final results more than make up for the effort. This is undoubtedly the definitive version of this iconic ship - it’s hard to see how it could be appreciably improved – and it looks great on display alongside my other Star Wars UCS sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom