• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
was expecting more of the older sets to be marked down... pretty rough. now to decide on $75 worth of stuff... hard since i own most things

Okay, order done. Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter, 2 microfighters (marked down to 7.99) and another T-16. Dat sandperson figure. This put me a few cents over $75

Next month's minifig promo is much more to my liking. And it will be easy... since the new SW sets release June 1st.

This "sale" is laughable. Ugh

Yeah, nothing worth while.

And just like last year, your cart has to be at least $75 worth of SW products for the promo fig. A couple years back you could just make a $75 order with at least one SW set to earn the promo.

But this is good for me, not tempted to spend money tonight.

Once again, USA is screwed with the sale. I know we get lower prices in general, but it still is annoying.

Well, hopefully the TIE comes quickly so I can build on a day off.

ghostmind

Two Star Wars orders placed - I'm actually having the UCS TIE shipped as I'm feeling under the weather currently, and would not be looking forward to a trip to the LEGO store.

Am sitting on a third, but the lack of discount is giving me pause. I might wait for another good promo to pick up the remaining 3 SW sets I need (Wookie Gunship, Geonosis Troopers and Senate Commando Troopers).

Rootbeer

Banned
Is the TIE fighter pilot included with this UCS build an exclusive print? I know we had a TIE pilot that came with the recent microfighter

ghostmind

Is the TIE fighter pilot included with this UCS build an exclusive print? I know we had a TIE pilot that came with the recent microfighter

Yes, it has arm printing in addition to the printing present on last year's TIE Fighter Pilot.

From Brickset:

daPpQZP.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
Yes, it has arm printing in addition to the printing present on last year's TIE Fighter Pilot.

From Brickset:

daPpQZP.jpg

I see! Hmm yeah so it is the same just with the arm printing. it is a nice touch though.

With the Boba Fett figure it was totally redone printing, but that was different because it arguably needed the update, whereas here the (fairly recent) previous printing was more than fine.

Okay, just something for me to file away :p I like when these expensive sets have minifigures worth snagging as well as the builds themselves.

ghostmind

Once again, USA is screwed with the sale. I know we get lower prices in general, but it still is annoying.

Well, hopefully the TIE comes quickly so I can build on a day off.

I already got my order email from LEGO for the TIE, but I haven't received the one for my other SW sets. Have to keep an eye on them that they don't hold back the Yularen minifig from my second order.

I already got my order email from LEGO for the TIE, but I haven't received the one for my other SW sets. Have to keep an eye on them that they don't hold back the Yularen minifig from my second order.
Just got my email too. I have mon-wed off so hoping for it one of those days.

Lol. It's Lego. Why would it ship fast?

ghostmind

I see! Hmm yeah so it is the same just with the arm printing. it is a nice touch though.

With the Boba Fett figure it was totally redone printing, but that was different because it arguably needed the update, whereas here the (fairly recent) previous printing was more than fine.

Okay, just something for me to file away :p I like when these expensive sets have minifigures worth snagging as well as the builds themselves.

Cannot wait to see LEGO's version of the new TFA TIE Pilot, as well as all of the new Trooper variants and the
Chrome Trooper

3N16MA

Banned
Tough to pull the trigger on anything worth $75 after all the Star Wars sales TRU has had and clearance items from Wal-Mart.

Ponn

Banned
Well that's a whole lot of nothing. Since i'm not even going to begin collecting Star Wars fig Yularen is not a priority. Will probably just stick with my Pariasian Restaurant from Amazon unless they have some good discounts on may 4th.

That brontosaurus! UCS Dino set please!

Very disappointed in Star Wars sale. If the after market price is high on Admiral Yularen, then I'll feel much better. It's pretty much what I was expecting. Nothing that is selling very well (i.e. TIE Advance Prototype) wouldn't be on sale (or at best maybe 10% off).

My path down the Star Wars R.E.B.E.L.S. subtheme has begun...

My purchase:
Ezra’s Speeder Bike
TIE Advanced Prototype
T-16 Skyhopper

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That TIE looks gorgeous. Would need to dismantle my tower bridge to make space for it, but then I'd have the UCS TIE, X-Wing and Imoerial Shuttle all next to each other. now I've likely stopped collecting the modulars and have no space for them anyway since my son kicked them out of his room :) I think I could switch to USC SW spacecraft as a replacement, would only be a big investment once every couple of years.

Need to get my modulars sorted and up on brick link to build a UCS SW fund..

Nitemare1

Tie ordered!
The spot on my shelf next to Red 5 is waiting patiently!
Me not so much! :)

Also says I got a minifig so they are still in stock this morning.

I'm glad I called my local shop yesterday - they only had 3 Red Fives so I've got one on hold for this afternoon.

What a lousy selection of sales.

On the plus side, it looks like you guys were right: You'll get Yularen from the S@H site as long as your $75 order includes one SW set. Too bad Santa's Workshop is still out of stock.

Wow, LEGO has there act together this time. Just received my shipping notice for the order I placed 9 1/2 hrs ago.

Yo, wth? I don't have an email yet, but the site shows a tracking number. That is nuts for them to already have stuff ready. And the TIE isn't sold out yet either. I guess Jan 1st was one of those crazy fluke days of nothing going right?

I would like to think that they upped their game to be more like other sites in getting stuff out fast.

Jimbro72

I hope this is a sign of things to come with them because there have been times in the past where I didn't even get an order confirmation email for a couple days after ordering. Quite the improvement over then.

lego website is broken for me. Anytime I try to go to a second page of the Star Wars sets, or view all or change any parameters, it just kicks me back to the homepage.

The sales suck this year anyway. Looks like I'm not buying anything.

No, just realized only SW legos count towards the $75... :(

At least I got a piss in the wind's chance on the Tie Fighter lol. And some more Clone Troopers.

kitzkozan

No, just realized only SW legos count towards the $75... :(

At least I got a piss in the wind's chance on the Tie Fighter lol. And some more Clone Troopers.

Yeah, I tried to reach 75$ by mixing SW sets with something else and it didn't work alas. I got a message that the minifig was added in my cart, but on the checkout page it's not there. :p

Oh well, I finally found a couple of sets which seems worth it so there it is (B-wings, mini AT-AT and shadow troopers pack). :) I'll buy the AT-AT from Toys' R' Us with a $10 coupon, so I'll have my 2 pilots.

Yeah, I tried to reach 75$ by mixing SW sets with something else and it didn't work alas. I got a message that the minifig was added in my cart, but on the checkout page it's not there. :p

Oh well, I finally found a couple of sets which seems worth it so there it is (B-wings, mini AT-AT and shadow troopers pack). :) I'll buy the AT-AT from Toys' R' Us with a $10 coupon, so I'll have my 2 pilots.

Ah ok, I didn't check out so maybe you are right.

Picked up that odd looking round ship that comes with Chewie and the hail fire droid for the yularen and Red Five for the second.

They were completely sold out of Red Fives and don't know when they will get re stocked. Also interesting was the ONLY modulars were the restaurant and detective agency. This is a fairly well stocked store and they said they haven't gotten a Palace Cinema in ages.

3N16MA

Banned
Ah ok, I didn't check out so maybe you are right.

Picked up that odd looking round ship that comes with Chewie and the hail fire droid for the yularen and Red Five for the second.

They were completely sold out of Red Fives and don't know when they will get re stocked. Also interesting was the ONLY modulars were the restaurant and detective agency. This is a fairly well stocked store and they said they haven't gotten a Palace Cinema in ages.

Which store? I planned on building Pet Shop and then buying PC on the next round of double VIP.

thomaser

My store won a national Lego sales contest last summer (together with five other stores), so I got a trip to London, paid for by Lego. We were there last weekend. Did a tourist-round, lots of shopping, lots of food, went to night-clubs, saw the Thriller musical (awesome!) and went to Legoland Windsor. Fun times! We have to win again next year - free trips are always good.

That May the 4th sale is totally lackluster to say the least. I am also not feeling the TIE Fighter either. I find the cockpit very blocky and the step thing just ruin the look for me, may be I will change my mind when I see it in person but I think I will pick up Slave 1, that is if they have it in stock.

Which store? I planned on building Pet Shop and then buying PC on the next round of double VIP.

Sherway Gardens. You definitely have time to get PC, I am sure it'll be available on S@H until at least the end of the year. I am just surprised it isn't as readily available on shelves. Could also be due to the fact that TLG has increased the number of sets they release so drastically.

I skipped the May the fourth deals this year. I still got my Lego fix though. I went to toys r us to look for raptor escape and they didn't have it. I got the flatiron building at Barnes and Noble with a coupon for $27. I stopped at Walmart on a whim and got 2x battle for ninjago city for $45 apiece and the Chima mammoth for $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom