• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostmind

New Dimensions packs confirmed:

Portal Level Pack (yes, THAT Portal)
The Simpsons Level Pack
Jurassic World Team Pack
Scooby Doo Team Pack
Chima Fun Pack - Laval
Chima Fun Pack - Eris
Chima Fun Pack - Cragger

Tie Fighter sorted and ready to build!

3qnITrM.jpg

8NWeY8l.jpg

The Simpsons Level Pack
Jurassic World Team Pack
Scooby Doo Team Pack
Chima Fun Pack - Laval
Chima Fun Pack - Eris
Chima Fun Pack - Cragger

WTF??? portal?!?!

I'm not a fan of it, but I'd be totally down for some Team Fortress Minifigs (even coming from someone who dosn't play those games)

Ponn

Banned

The Simpsons Level Pack
Jurassic World Team Pack
Scooby Doo Team Pack
Chima Fun Pack - Laval
Chima Fun Pack - Eris
Chima Fun Pack - Cragger

Wait...WHAT?!

Portal gameplay mechanics in a Lego game.

mindblown.gif

Star Wars related question. I could still cancel my Parisian Restaurant order and order the Red Five X-Wing but I would lose the $20 i'm saving on the PR. How much longer would you all estimate Red Five has? Do I still have like a month or two?

3N16MA

Banned

The Simpsons Level Pack
Jurassic World Team Pack
Scooby Doo Team Pack
Chima Fun Pack - Laval
Chima Fun Pack - Eris
Chima Fun Pack - Cragger

Love seeing them do something unexpected like Portal. Makes me wonder what else they have in store.

So I heard back from Lego about May the 4th sales in Australia and apparently we don't get any sales at all. That's disappointing. Being a huge Lego and Star Wars fan, I feel ripped off already living in Australia and now we don't even get to join in on the sale fun.

The Simpsons Level Pack
Jurassic World Team Pack
Scooby Doo Team Pack
Chima Fun Pack - Laval
Chima Fun Pack - Eris
Chima Fun Pack - Cragger

Wow, wow, wow! Portal would be awesome.

Rootbeer

Banned
I don't share the same excitement over portal... though I'll get it for sure.

Simpsons is much more interesting to me. Finally... a LEGO Simpsons game! Err, sort of... not a full game, but a level :p

ruxtpin

Banned
Anyone care about PPP ratio, that brown droid transport thing is .084 cents per piece with the sale (if my math is correct).

Ponn

Banned
Wouldn't that be absolutely terrible ratio?

Edit: misread yea think he had decimal point off. The average I think most people look for is 10 cents PP. If anyone is looking for the best set for PPP ratio then get the Tower Bridge set. That is almost 5 cents PP.

I built the flatiron building and it's now my favorite architecture set.

I contacted Lego customer service though as every curved slope piece has the same scratch pattern. I hope they will replace them. It must be a problem with the mould.

I built the flatiron building and it's now my favorite architecture set.

I contacted Lego customer service though as every curved slope piece has the same scratch pattern. I hope they will replace them. It must be a problem with the mould.

I really want that set. I was hoping to use it to build a $75 shopping cart on S@H and toss a SW keychain in for the promo, but I may be out of luck.

wetwired

Went to my local comic book store for free comic day and they had this huge Lego mural.

One day when I have mountains of money I want a lego room with a massive mural like this.

I had a look at the prices for the Jurassic Park sets today, Australia gets reamed again, the cheapest set is AUD$40 :|

I went from thinking I'd buy a couple to now contemplating getting none.

Value for money wise it'd be cheaper to buy the big dino set with the T-rex from a few years back.

I'm hoping that the Portal gun is a moulded piece that lets us put either a blue or orange 1x1 trans circle on it

If it's a Level Pack though that means it comes with a figure, accessory, and a vehicle right? I imagine it'll be the girl, the gun, and probably Glados but I wouldn't be surprised if one of those was actually a Companion Cube or Turret.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Tie Fighter and X-wing comparison

dgiRPW0.jpg

So as expected, the Tie Fighter is gorgeous, but not terribly fun to build. I will say that the wings were more fun to build than I expected (recommend building them at the same time), but the body was just a standard, uninteresting build. Still it's a beauty.

dgiRPW0.jpg

So as expected, the Tie Fighter is gorgeous, but not terribly fun to build. I will say that the wings were more fun to build than I expected (recommend building them at the same time), but the body was just a standard, uninteresting build. Still it's a beauty.

What I was expecting as well. This one is going to be all about the looks. Those sweet, glorious looks.

I skipped the May the fourth deals this year. I still got my Lego fix though. I went to toys r us to look for raptor escape and they didn't have it. I got the flatiron building at Barnes and Noble with a coupon for $27. I stopped at Walmart on a whim and got 2x battle for ninjago city for $45 apiece and the Chima mammoth for $40.

Ninjago City is a great looking set and a great parts pack if you want to do anything red and/or Asian.

So how much is the minifig from the new promo going for?

When I purchase items to get exclusive minifig like this, I usually factor in how much it would cost to buy it or how much I could sell it.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=131796

If I could sell it for close to $20 (or had to pay $20 to get it), that's about 25% off a $75ish purchase. Add wimpy 20% off on some sets and VIP points, that's a good deal (only if you were planning on buying those sets).

wetwired

I actually built a moc today! well, started one, I don't want to show anything yet until it's a bit further along but I'm about 75% there already. I may even put it on LEGO ideas...again.

Experien

LEGO Haul yesterday was Dilophosaurus Ambush, ATAT micro, and Boogly Mixel. SO very content.

It is a little disappointing that the Dilopho is a raptor shape but I'm growing to love it cause it makes it bigger and a little more closer to its ACTUAL size. Jeep is fun but seems like it wastes a lot of space in the back, definitely think it could be modified better. Looks good in general though.

The Simpsons Level Pack
Jurassic World Team Pack
Scooby Doo Team Pack
Chima Fun Pack - Laval
Chima Fun Pack - Eris
Chima Fun Pack - Cragger

Portal?

Portal?!

PORTAL?!

Oh. My. God.

Does this mean we're also getting a standalone Portal set please?

ghostmind

Here is the packaging for all Star Wars merchandise, including LEGO, starting on September 4th.

JD85J59.jpg

Of course each product will see some variation, but this will be the basic template.

The press release:

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS PRODUCTS TO ARRIVE ON ‘FORCE FRIDAY,’ SEPTEMBER 4
The next generation of Star Wars toys, collectibles, books, and apparel is in range.

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that Star Wars: The Force Awakens products will land in our galaxy on September 4, 2015, at 12:01 a.m. — “Force Friday” — with stores around the world opening their doors at midnight for a special celebration of all things Star Wars. It will be a day long remembered.

“Every lightsaber, every action figure, every LEGO set tells a story for generations of Star Wars fans, and this global event is a celebration of those stories. We’re excited to be part of the countdown to this enormous movie moment,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president, global licensing, Disney Consumer Products.

Fans wanting to be the first to get their hands on Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise can set their hyperspace and social media coordinates now: They will be able to visit their local retailer starting at midnight on September 4, and are encouraged to document their experience using the hashtags #ForceFriday and #MidnightMadness. A wide-range of products — from toys and collectibles, to books and comics, ebooks and apps, to apparel and lifestyle accessories — will be available at mass retailers and Disney Store locations worldwide, as well as on DisneyStore.com.

Also revealed here for the first time is the packaging for Star Wars: The Force Awakens products, featuring the shadowy new villain, Kylo Ren. The ominous shadowy figure and the red lightsaber he wields will be featured on Star Wars product packaging beginning September 4, 2015. Let the countdown begin.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

dgiRPW0.jpg

looks so good. How is the height vs the imperial shuttle?

Have a big chunk of Monday to myself. Was thinking to play adult rated games all day with the volume turned up. But now I'm wondering about a trip to the Lego store..

Here is the packaging for all Star Wars merchandise, including LEGO, starting on September 4th.

Of course each product will see some variation, but this will be the basic template.

The press release:

Sigh, they still going for that one unify look for Star Wars packaging and a marquee banknote style figure head of the year design. I think Star Wars packaging are some of the worst toys / merchandise packaging. The Black Series (though a bit bland at time), the 30th anniversary (my favorite of all the modern packaging) and of course the vintage line are awesome but starting around the late 90's they are all the same with different colors and character of the year super impose in the corner. I really don't get the need to have everything look the same.

I still can't come to grips with seeing the Disney logo on Star Wars stuff. It is surreal.

It took me a long time to adjust to having Hasbro logo on Star Wars toys. I grew up with Kenner only logo.

Any idea how to print/do a costume Lego mini-figure? What's the recommended day to do? I think it is the best to ask in this thread.

And what's the best way to get specific Lego bricks?

Any idea how to print/do a costume Lego mini-figure? What's the recommended day to do? I think it is the best to ask in this thread.

And what's the best way to get specific Lego bricks?

Specific bricks: go to Bricklink. It's a little vague, but get an account and make a wanted list, and you can then look for specific shops selling the bricks you need.

Custom figures: the best way is to get a flatbed industrial printer, but that's a little crazy (a Lego fan I know has access to one through work - I'm very jealous). The second best way is to design a print yourself (there are plenty of templates online) and print it, preferrably on clear sticky plastic. The third best way is using some third party to do it for you, expensively (there is an ad for firestartoys.com in Blocks magazine, no idea if they're good or cheap). Or paint them manually, which is hard. Or, you can browse Bricklink for parts that are similar enough, unless you need a very specific design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom