• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

47 days until final pictures of Orthanc will be posted.

I have it basically finished and will be taking photos sometime in the next couple weeks but I won't be publicly posting them until the day Brickworld Chicago opens to the public.

I have it basically finished and will be taking photos sometime in the next couple weeks but I won't be publicly posting them until the day Brickworld Chicago opens to the public.

47 days to Brickworld? Hmm. Maybe I can convince my wife to go to Chicago to see her parents that weekend. Gives me an excuse to go to a LEGO Con.

ghostmind

I gotta see if I can convince her. Her parents are in Palatine.

Palpatine?

zar8tlC.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
After seeing AoU, I need to get me that Hulkbuster set.

apparently so does everyone else... it keeps selling out everywhere. :) you can definitely find one, just takes a little more effort than on some other sets -- or just order from lego.com and wait for them to ship it out in around a month. hope you like it.

Ponn

Banned
After seeing AoU, I need to get me that Hulkbuster set.

Yea you do. It's an awesome set. The hulk cage thing is lame BUT the clear pole thing that is supposed to be for Scarlet Witch is an awesome piece. I used on my Quinjet and have Iron Man flying over the Quinjet now shooting repulsor beams.

I finished the Grodd set Sunday. I suggest getting it on sale but it is still a great set. Not for the builds necessarily but its a treasure trove of great and unique pieces. From all the clear pieces to the bat mech armor pieces with one printed chest piece to boot. God I hate those stupid net cannons though, so stupid and pointless. I'm going to try and improve on it later to make it look cooler. Going to make better hands for the mech and remove that cannon and put a regular mech arm on it. I also want to make better legs and a proper canopy for the top like the Hulkbuster.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
went into the lego store at Westfield today. Grabbed the TIE fighter, and also the UN Headquarters architecture set, and the Birds ideas set. Will test my willpower by not building any of them until I've broken down Tower Bridge to make space (and I really need to sort my modulars into their boxes to sell)

I have no idea who the minifig is that you get for free, but free is free. And the poster is surprisingly great. Often it is just some dumb Lego product poster, but this is a lego reimagining of the classic 'A New Hope' poster. Might not throw it instantly into the trash.

Ah man....I'm going to be in Chicago from Sunday to Friday leading up to Brickworld. If I didn't need to be back home for the Saturday I'd have loved to see the dark beast in person!

Looking forward to the pictures at least.

I have no idea who the minifig is that you get for free, but free is free. And the poster is surprisingly great. Often it is just some dumb Lego product poster, but this is a lego reimagining of the classic 'A New Hope' poster. Might not throw it instantly into the trash.

I had to Google the minifig too when it was first announced. Didn't know who he was.

You're spot on with the poster-this is the first decent one they've done imo.

Ryuuroden

Welp, Off I go to buy a Slave 1 and also see Age of Ultron. This will be pretty much my last weekday off or even a free weekend for the next 3 months. Sooo busy soon.

Hopefully I win the Tie Fighter. Then I will be completely up to date on UCS sets. As it is, I am the most up to date on LEGO sets than I have ever been since I got back into the hobby.

Facebook has reminded me that last year I got Red 5 for 15% off (still haven't built it). This year's 10% deals not quite as good, but the Sandcrawler is calling me...

Experien

I have a Mos Eisley and wanted to get another one to make a bigger cantina...it is now $45.99 at Target today ($10 off if you spend $50), the temptation is strong!

ruxtpin

Banned
Run away! I told myself I was going to just buy the Hulkbuster set and cue to a month later I own every single one. WORTH IT! :)

haha - I'm embracing the madness. I've got the Quinjet, Hulkbuster, and Avengers Tower sets. Once the Winter Solider promo kicks off next month, I'll get the rest.

I feel compelled to try this.

Time to make more iterations like The Ghostbusters Star, Marvel Star, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Death Star.

My brother in law did this with his son a few years ago. They spent several weeks building it out of whatever bricks they had and it ended up looking pretty cool, if a little ramshackle.

The kid got the real version for Christmas that year, so I guess that's a good thing.

My brother in law did this with his son a few years ago. They spent several weeks building it out of whatever bricks they had and it ended up looking pretty cool, if a little ramshackle.

The kid got the real version for Christmas that year, so I guess that's a good thing.

the pics the other year of random bricked R2 were pretty awesome too.

1.jpg

monsterbrick_R2Pi.jpg

20924.jpg

I may have just won a Bespin Luke in an eBay auction for really cheap. Here's hoping it's not a fake or custom.

Edit:
It's a custom

Ryuuroden

I may have just used up all 1024 flower stems that were sent to me by a nice person in this channel lol. Looks like I am going to have to go down to Cincinnati after all if they still have some left. I still need a bunch more, lol. I have over 2000 on the Orthanc lawn already.

sharbhund

I have a Mos Eisley and wanted to get another one to make a bigger cantina...it is now $45.99 at Target today ($10 off if you spend $50), the temptation is strong!

I missed out on the Cantina set online, but I just ordered the AT-AT from Target for $76.94 (with the Red Card discount), which is a 30% discount.

Damn that Death Star looks truly amazing... Those seem to be what feels like 3800 pieces in colors i do not own though unfortunately, so recreating this is probably out of the question.

Osahi

Grabbed myself the Microfighter AT-AT yesterday to celebrate may the 4th (no big sets for me, as I'm near broke after traveling last week, and I still have the Palace Cinema to build)

My favourite microfighter up to this point. The image on the box doesn't do justice at how cool it is designed. I actually really like the Microfighters series. I've got the X-Wing, Falcon and Snowspeeder now, and I can bang myself on the head for missing the Star Destroyer en Tie Interceptor ones in Series 1. Planning to get all the original trilogy ones from now on.

wetwired

But I want to see it nooooowww

wetwired

A pic of what I've been working on, still incomplete, I need to add a bit more junk around the place, maybe some stickers on 2x2 to look like X-file...files? Some chairs, I'll probably make a custom torso for Scully too. apologies for the potato quality, when it's done I'll take proper ones.

x-files1.jpg

I may have just used up all 1024 flower stems that were sent to me by a nice person in this channel lol. Looks like I am going to have to go down to Cincinnati after all if they still have some left. I still need a bunch more, lol. I have over 2000 on the Orthanc lawn already.

Haha! I took most of what was in the bin but I think there was more behind it. Let me know if you want me to get you another cupful, I seriously work 5-10 minutes away. I may not be very active in this thread but I do like helping people :)

That actually looks.... fucking amazing Wetwired!!!

My reaction to a Mulder's office was lackluster but this completely turns me around, the clutter, the semi-open drawers, the classic poster in the back, etc. it all comes together to form this "lived in" atmosphere of a stuffy office like Mulder's where work gets done and he doesn't have time nor motivation to clean it up!

Would buy this as a set for sure!

PS: nice touch there with Homer's X-ray ;)

Zerojul

A pic of what I've been working on, still incomplete, I need to add a bit more junk around the place, maybe some stickers on 2x2 to look like X-file...files? Some chairs, I'll probably make a custom torso for Scully too. apologies for the potato quality, when it's done I'll take proper ones.

x-files1.jpg
Awesome, as always !

wetwired

Very well done. The attention to detail in the room is amazing!

That actually looks.... fucking amazing Wetwired!!!

My reaction to a Mulder's office was lackluster but this completely turns me around, the clutter, the semi-open drawers, the classic poster in the back, etc. it all comes together to form this "lived in" atmosphere of a stuffy office like Mulder's where work gets done and he doesn't have time nor motivation to clean it up!

Would buy this as a set for sure!

PS: nice touch there with Homer's X-ray ;)

Awesome, as always !

Cheers, I need to fill the shelves with books and fill those display cabinets with junk to make it even more lived in and messy. I'll likely try and find some better sticker paper for the decals too as the current ones are pretty obvious. You can't really tell but I made the poster in LDD and photoshop.

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

Cheers, I need to fill the shelves with books and fill those display cabinets with junk to make it even more lived in and messy. I'll likely try and find some better sticker paper for the decals too as the current ones are pretty obvious. You can't really tell but I made the poster in LDD and photoshop.

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

ha, that's fantastic!

Ryuuroden

Haha! I took most of what was in the bin but I think there was more behind it. Let me know if you want me to get you another cupful, I seriously work 5-10 minutes away. I may not be very active in this thread but I do like helping people :)

Alright, sent you a message. Hopefully they still have some in stock if not up front, in the back.

Ryuuroden

Iwanttobelieve.jpg

Do you use one of those special printers that uses all color inks (including white) or do you just use white decal sticker paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom