• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally built Benny's Spaceship this past weekend. I really wasn't expecting the ship to be as large as it is. The stickers are largely tasteful, and the action features are really well thought out. I didn't know about them prior to the build so that was a nice surprise. Although it felt nothing like the original Space sets I built as a kid, there were definite nods.

My only complaint is the little villain ship. Totally unnecessary and feels out of place.

I finally built Benny's Spaceship this past weekend. I really wasn't expecting the ship to be as large as it is. The stickers are largely tasteful, and the action features are really well thought out. I didn't know about them prior to the build so that was a nice surprise. Although it felt nothing like the original Space sets I built as a kid, there were definite nods.

My only complaint is the little villain ship. Totally unnecessary and feels out of place.

My favorite nod to the old space sets were the little robots that are tucked away on the ship.

The feel when the PF cable is about half an inch too short. :(

That being said, its incredibly exciting to be testing all the functions, and watching them work.

I was wondering about those! Did they do those on old sets?

I only had six or seven of the very first ('77?) line of Space sets and there were no hidden robots.

They put little robots in a few sets I had. I thought they had them in a few more, but here are two that I had:

6894-1.jpg

6872-1.jpg

My car is now fully drivable via IR, and works! Oddly, because of the way the slip gears work, it actually drives better on carpet at *high* gear, instead of low. Who cares! Works.

Still missing some pieces to install the headlights and hood, but is otherwise completely done. Once those pieces arrive, I'll be making a video or some shit.

My car is now fully drivable via IR, and works! Oddly, because of the way the slip gears work, it actually drives better on carpet at *high* gear, instead of low. Who cares! Works.

Still missing some pieces to install the headlights and hood, but is otherwise completely done. Once those pieces arrive, I'll be making a video or some shit.

Awwww. I want videos now. :( That sounds so awesome.

LEGO Simpsons series 3
wish
list:

Sunday Best Bart
King-Size Homer
Barney
Principal Skinner
Otto
Mayor Quimby
Moe
Kent Brockman
Duffman
Sea Captain
Jimbo
Disco Stu
Jasper
Dr. Nick
Sideshow Bob
Radioactive Man

LEGO Simpsons series 3
wish
list:

Sunday Best Bart
King-Size Homer
Barney
Principal Skinner
Otto
Mayor Quimby
Moe
Kent Brockman
Duffman
Sea Captain
Jimbo
Disco Stu
Jasper
Dr. Nick
Sideshow Bob
Radioactive Man

Looks good! Definitely seems like a series 3 is gonna happen with the absense of Principal Skinner. I can't see a series 4 happening.
Some of those in your list should be replaced with Homer's work buds.

Looks good! Definitely seems like a series 3 is gonna happen with the absense of Principal Skinner. I can't see a series 4 happening.
Some of those in your list should be replaced with Homer's work buds.

Well, Duffman is probably not happening. And sadly, neither will Moe's Tavern.

I guess Android's Dungeon would be a good bet for the next set.

fisheyes

I got a couple of the Simpsons figures yesterday (random picks - got Maggie and CBG) and the thing that really strikes me is the fat characters look off - CBG and Wiggum in particular, but Homer maybe too, need bigger bodies. I know it wouldn't fit in the traditional minifigu design, but if they could somehow sculpt a gut into them, I think they'd look a million times better.

LEGO Simpsons series 3
wish
list:

Sunday Best Bart
King-Size Homer
Barney
Principal Skinner
Otto
Mayor Quimby
Moe
Kent Brockman
Duffman
Sea Captain
Jimbo
Disco Stu
Jasper
Dr. Nick
Sideshow Bob
Radioactive Man

I suspect they will reuse the heads already there for a few characters, and, unfortunately, avoid Moe, Duffman, Barney and anyone else mostly associated with drinking.

My semi-realistic, semi-wish list would be
Sunday Best Bart (would require a new head sculpt though)
Cool Lisa (ditto)
Cop Marge (ditto again)
Homer in bathrobe and slippers (from Homer the Heretic)
Mr Burns with Vest made of Real Gorilla Chest
Krusty in Tuxedo
Sideshow Bob
Dr Nick
Principal Skinner
Otto
Mayor Quimby
McBain
Sea Captain
Lenny
Carl
Jasper

Probably a bit light on girls and kids, though.

I got a couple of the Simpsons figures yesterday (random picks - got Maggie and CBG) and the thing that really strikes me is the fat characters look off - CBG and Wiggum in particular, but Homer maybe too, need bigger bodies. I know it wouldn't fit in the traditional minifigu design, but if they could somehow sculpt a gut into them, I think they'd look a million times better.

They did this with Bombur from the hobbit.

vSyQ3hm.jpg

Nitemare1

Anyone else with their tie fighter done have really out of line printing on their top dish.
Its the top one so Im not even sure Im going to call them on it. But I know they would change it without any question. My biggest fear was the cockpit glass being off as well but it's perfect.

image.jpg1_zpsb0w5jore.jpg

Maengun1

Ooh, Simpsons series 3 wishlists? Fun! I know some people aren't fond of the theme, but personally I was a Simpsons fan before I was a Lego fan so I hope this continues. I'm thinking...

1. Stonecutters Homer
2. Pink Chanel suit Marge
3. Cool Lisa
4. Kamp Krusty Bart
5. Snowsuit Maggie

6 Principal Skinner
7 Agnes Skinner
8 Moe
9 Barney
10 Crazy Cat Lady
11 Sideshow Bob
12 Cletus
13 Jasper
14 Otto
15 Sea Captain
16 Bumblebee Man

For some slightly more out-there possibilities...Poochie (we have Itchy and Scratchy), or I could even see them doing Kang and Kodos.

Wolfcastle as Radioactive Man is a definite possibility.

I'd like to see Lenny and Carl someday too, but maybe in a Power Plant set (or a Moe's set....LET ME DREAM!). Maybe a school set one day with Jimbo/Kearney/Dolph or even Superintendent Chalmers. There are just too many possibilities!

Edit: I would sell my soul for Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure minifigures. I personally think they've gone too far in the "respecting Phil's memory" bit. I mean they pretend those characters never existed now. I get not using anyone else's voice in the show and retiring the characters, but they deserve to be lego-ized dammit! Mrs. K was.

Maengun1

Futurama would be a really fun series too. They could definitely fill out a set of 16 with a Planet Express ship set.

I just had a vision of a Simpsons power plant set with an exclusive Frank "Grimey" Grimes minifig.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Anyone else with their tie fighter done have really out of line printing on their top dish.
Its the top one so Im not even sure Im going to call them on it. But I know they would change it without any question. My biggest fear was the cockpit glass being off as well but it's perfect.

My top piece was perfect.

Ryuuroden

Call them on it. They should know regardless since it might be a batch issue that they need to fix.

Oh, man. That is horrible. But, like others said, contact LEGO. It is probably a bad batch.

Ponn

Banned
I ordered the short clown fig and the birthday set with the oop clown fig in it. My Halloween plans are starting to come together, muhahaha.

Well, now that it's been said, what are everyone's dream Futurama figures?

I imagine the set would be the Planet Express with Fry, Leela, and Bender. $75? $100? I guess they could go Simpsons route and do the actual building with the ship for $200, include Fry, Leela, Bender, Amy, Zoidburg, Hermes, and the Prof? Probably all sleepy/high versions of all of them too, like Simpsons house.

So the minifigs would be:

1) Fry
2) Leela
3) Bender
4) Amy
5) Hermes
6) Zoidburg
7) Farnsworth
8) Scruffy
9) Zapp Brannigan
10) Kif

Beyond here I actually... don't know where they could go because the cast is so diverse

11) Nibbler
12) Francis X. Clampazzo
13) Flexo
14) Roberto
15) MOM
16) Cubert J. Farnsworth

Ponn

Banned

I imagine the set would be the Planet Express with Fry, Leela, and Bender. $75? $100? I guess they could go Simpsons route and do the actual building with the ship for $200, include Fry, Leela, Bender, Amy, Zoidburg, Hermes, and the Prof? Probably all sleepy/high versions of all of them too, like Simpsons house.

1) Fry
2) Leela
3) Bender
4) Amy
5) Hermes
6) Zoidburg
7) Farnsworth
8) Scruffy
9) Zapp Brannigan
10) Kif

Beyond here I actually... don't know where they could go because the cast is so diverse

11) Nibbler
12) Francis X. Clampazzo
13) Flexo
14) Roberto
15) MOM
16) Cubert J. Farnsworth

Those all sound great. I would add a $20 buildable Nixon mech set with headless agnew. Also a collectable Head in jar li e like CMFs. Oh and Futurama advent calendar with robot Santa.

Dragoshi1

Made my first credit card purchase in the form of the Indominus Rex set!

I feel so dirty somehow.

Anyway, I just need the Rex set, the Dilo set, the Ptera set, and the Raptor Escape set.

1) Fry
2) Leela
3) Bender
4) Amy
5) Hermes
6) Zoidburg
7) Farnsworth
8) Scruffy
9) Zapp Brannigan
10) Kif

11) Nibbler
12) Francis X. Clampazzo
13) Flexo
14) Roberto
15) MOM
16) Cubert J. Farnsworth

Calculon!
Morbo the Annihilator

Lrrr! (minifig would be small for him, but since we're just dreaming Lrrr big fig!)

Made my first credit card purchase in the form of the Indominus Rex set!

I feel so dirty somehow.

Anyway, I just need the Rex set, the Dilo set, the Ptera set, and the Raptor Escape set.

0Q6wPMO.jpg

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I wanted to give you guys a heads up for a post I made in the LEGO Marketplace thread. A month or so ago I posted that I had a bunch of 90's sets for sale, and I just put the list in the Marketplace thread.

kitzkozan

OMG that is right!! Finally I can own this ship... and it comes with the new Qui Gon, since i didn't buy the last one they put out.

So very, very NEED.

Interested in 4 out of 5 new SW sets, which is surprising lol. The shuttle just look great and a must buy before the end of the year. I also like the Naboo starfighter which is possibly the most memorable from the prequels. The infiltrator is tempting since it would be a perfect opportunity to buy a modern Darth Maul minifig (and get Qui Gon + young Obi Wan). I also want the final duel since it's an iconic scene and that new Darth Vader minifig is superb. :] Still, that's alot of money if I combine those with the upcoming episode VII sets. XD That's not even counting the rumored large scale Hoth base which would probably cost over 200$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom