• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah looking at the sizes of the next review period, Wall-E stands the best chance, the rest of the creations are all massive. As for Dr Who. They likely aren't holding it back for the sake of it, It's more likely they're negotiating licensing rights, which can take some time.

I'd love to think the sales of my Ecto-1 would allow for the firehouse to get through but it's size hurts it a lot. Not really much you can do to scale it down either.
Mini Modular Ghostbusters firehouse?

wetwired

It does not, the sole reason why it was allowed for Ideas in the first place was because there were no more licensing issues. It's much more likely they are still evaluating mainstream appeal of the series and/or can't decide which set to go with.

Allowing it on Ideas doesn't mean they have the licensing rights to immediately create a set. It was disallowed previously as another company had the rights, that contract expired which freed it up for other companies to peruse. Getting the rights is a lot of back and forth between lawyers and licensing departments to nail down, it can take months and often hinges on the way the company licensing the IP portrays their property. Having worked on games, most licensed, each company has a big long lists of do's and don't associated with the IP, Mickey Mouse for example has a strict set of guidelines for how he's draw, what he can and can't do etc.

Say for example LEGO makes a Dr Who prototype set to send to BBC or whoever owns it, BBC comes back and says the tardis or whatever needs to be more accurate here or there, it's back to the drawing board for LEGO to start again, jumping between designers, lawyers, license holders etc.

This all comes from my games experience though not Ghostbusters, that was all in place when it was announced.

Rootbeer

Banned
Apparently this is from an ad for a sale taking place 11/21 - 22

Street date for the polybag is probably still 11/16 as indicated earlier, this is consistent with many recent TRU polybags -- they show up on the shelf about a week or more before a promo sale where they are given away for free.

But unlike those polybags which seem to stick around long enough to actually have leftovers for the promo... I'm wondering if Rocket will be the same way or if he'll sell out before there is a chance for most people to get him for free. I'm taking no chances. :)

Ryuuroden

Apparently this is from an ad for a sale taking place 11/21 - 22

Street date for the polybag is probably still 11/16 as indicated earlier, this is consistent with many recent TRU polybags -- they show up on the shelf about a week or more before a promo sale where they are given away for free.

But unlike those polybags which seem to stick around long enough to actually have leftovers for the promo... I'm wondering if Rocket will be the same way or if he'll sell out before there is a chance for most people to get him for free. I'm taking no chances. :)

May be the first superhero set I get for reasons other than it was 75% off

Rootbeer

Banned
shop.lego.com may still be holding to the Nov 15th date but Amazon has all the minecraft sets in stock and shipping now.

21113 The Cave
21114 The Farm
21115 The First Night
21116 Crafting Box
21117 The Ender Dragon
21118 The Mine

May be the first superhero set I get for reasons other than it was 75% off
I hear ya, everyone should grab it before it disappears because I don't think there will be a glut available. Prospectors will be wanting to pick up several for trades, I know I'll be trying to get more than one.

Ponn

Banned
PSA AWD has been updating alot of stuff since yesterday. They must have gotten a big holiday shipment in or something so if interested keep an eye on it. They update throughout the day so sorry can't give you a specific time. Just picked up an Ecto-1 for $40 for my friend for christmas and a Dol Guldur Battle set for $40. Pretty meh set but for $40 hard to say no. They even had some mixels on there.

neonglow

shop.lego.com may still be holding to the Nov 15th date but Amazon has all the minecraft sets in stock and shipping now.

21113 The Cave
21114 The Farm
21115 The First Night
21116 Crafting Box
21117 The Ender Dragon
21118 The Mine

I hear ya, everyone should grab it before it disappears because I don't think there will be a glut available. Prospectors will be wanting to pick up several for trades, I know I'll be trying to get more than one.

I think I will eventually get The Farm & The First Night since they're the sets that best represent Minecraft.

LEGO should convert their PAB wall to be a Minecraft wall for a month. Should be easy enough to fill it up with green and brown bricks and plates.

Wow! I didn't even crack the top ten of the modular competition at Swebrick. Some really awesome stuff being created there:

by Anders67:
rWDL2KU.jpg

by Sollan:
TmsdGKa.jpg

by Wineyard:
lUjNfXf.jpg

by jalex:
cOCLjl2.jpg

ghostmind

I think I will eventually get The Farm & The First Night since they're the sets that best represent Minecraft.

LEGO should convert their PAB wall to be a Minecraft wall for a month. Should be easy enough to fill it up with green and brown bricks and plates.

Agreed, The Farm and The First Night will be my first Minecraft pick-ups. I could see myself getting The Cave as well, for the included mobs in a $20 set.

Zerojul

Wow! I didn't even crack the top ten of the modular competition at Swebrick. Some really awesome stuff being created there:
These are incredible.
I have to take Tower Bridge apart to make room for the Winter sets. It's the first set I have to take down and I have no idea how I'm gonna organize the bricks, there were no numbered bags so I can't even use that.

These are incredible.
I have to take Tower Bridge apart to make room for the Winter sets. It's the first set I have to take down and I have no idea how I'm gonna organize the bricks, there were no numbered bags so I can't even use that.

Gallon ziploc bags by section. I just took down vampire castle and other Monster Fighters (except haunted house of course).

kitzkozan

Got my space miner in one of the four bags I got, no duplicates so yay. :D

The space miner is quite easy to detect since it's the minifig with the biggest accessories. :p I screwed up once when I started the series 12 which means that I have 2 battle goddess, but that's because I've been out of my dark ages for 3 months. My sensing skill have improved by leaps and bound, so I can quickly detect what's inside one of those blind bag since I learned how to properly identity accessories. Got the wizard, space miner, pig guy and spooky girl in the last 2 days. I'm missing the princess, dino tracker and pizza guy and I'll have what I wanted.

The space miner is a good fit with the exo-suit minifigs or even classic space sets (better yet the Benny spaceship). :] I will eventually make a space themed diaporama with classic space type sets and minifigs + galaxy squad (including modified or MOC vehicles and I might even make some sort of buggoid terraforming base which I suspect Lego might have made with another wave).

For the time being, I took down my monster hunter sets to make room for the few one that I have for the winter village. It will be a small village this year sadly, as I don't plan on acquiring the older sets on the aftermarket this year.

right... anyone here got the Lego Movie game or the Hobbit game? Those are the only ones i don't have but i heard bad things about Hobbit considering it's only up to the second movie etc.

LEGO continues to slyly get your $$$ by including exclusive minifigures in their related products!

3Tyl3VE.jpg

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=251484

That's right... it's Bizarro Batman! Great to pair with your Bizarro Superman if you're lucky enough to own it (or just get the bootleg)

Darn you LEGO!!! That looks the the Guy Gardner Green Lantern on the cover.
LEGO can easily do a Super Hero minifig line that caters to niche market. So many costume variations of super heroes and villains. Also, there is a huge library of 2nd tier, 3rd tier, nth tier characters I would love to get.

GMO! Me don't want that!

Ah ah ah! You not see what I did here.

-------------------

Anyone else think that the release of the Batman Be-Leagured on Cartoon Network was poorly timed? I guess it's OK since some of the sets are already out, but seems the cartoon would be the perfect marketing tool for the 2015 Super Hero sets.

Ponn

Banned
Anyone else think that the release of the Batman Be-Leagured on Cartoon Network was poorly timed? I guess it's OK since some of the sets are already out, but seems the cartoon would be the perfect marketing tool for the 2015 Super Hero sets.

Since they were showcasing mostly current sets it was ok timing for Christmas shopping.

"Mommy I want that Bat Jet! Mommy I want that Lex Power Armor before it retires!"

It would be cool if this movie here has the 2015 sets in it though. I'm also hoping the game tuesday has some of the 2015 sets in it as well.

Question for Lego-GAF. I'm getting a serious itch and wondering if it would be a colossal mistake to order Sea Cow now instead of waiting for Brick Friday. I have something else to order for Brick Friday to get the exclusive so no worries about that but i'm worried about triple vip points or Sea Cow possible going on sale.

Edit: actually NM, looked it up and they do 10% off your order every year so that would be incredibly dumb to not just wait. That would be $25 off the set.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you

Or it could serve as a marketing tool for the new LEGO Batman game that comes out in two days.

Rootbeer

Banned
^ Speaking of special minifigure series I am still crossing my fingers *AND* holding my breath in hopes of a Peanuts minifigure line with The Simpsons styled molded heads :) Would be amazing timing to have it out when the Peanuts film hits theaters. Nov 2015 btw... so LEGO has lots of time to sneak it into their lineup since we don't know much of anything about LEGO's later 2015 sets yet.

Such a great lineup of characters that would be!

Much like The Simpsons themselves, it's hard to capture their very iconic appearance with the usual minifigure heads. I think molded heads would do perfectly.

Whimsical Phil your avatar reminds me of it every time. :p

Rootbeer

Banned
Those 2015 superhero sets can't release fast enough... such a great minifigure lineup. Sure, could have done with a few less Batman but at least they all come with the new cowl piece which I think looks great.

Those vehicles though... at least they tried... I guess? Wonder woman's plane is so ridiculously tiny.

Zerojul

I'm getting every single DC set this time. Mostly for the minifigs of course, most of the other stuff is pretty meh :( Still, I'm pretty hype about this. January can't come fast enough :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Heads up Gamestop is doing an early release for several games tomorrow. LEGO Batman 3 among them. stores open from 9pm-12am but call to be sure. last chance to secure a free plastic man!

So with the new batman mask, do they still need to have special bands of white printed on all the Bruce Wayne heads?

Or do these new prints/molds fix that?

^ Speaking of special minifigure series I am still crossing my fingers *AND* holding my breath in hopes of a Peanuts minifigure line with The Simpsons styled molded heads :) Would be amazing timing to have it out when the Peanuts film hits theaters. Nov 2015 btw... so LEGO has lots of time to sneak it into their lineup since we don't know much of anything about LEGO's later 2015 sets yet.

Such a great lineup of characters that would be!

Much like The Simpsons themselves, it's hard to capture their very iconic appearance with the usual minifigure heads. I think molded heads would do perfectly.

Whimsical Phil your avatar reminds me of it every time. :p

I agree. I would love a LEGO Peanuts series. It also fits perfectly with LEGO ideals. "LEGO Collectibles" theme please!

I'm getting all those DC sets. It still amazes me they managed to sneek Batman into 3 out of 5 sets, lol.

I'm more amazed they were able to make 2 of the 5 sets without anything related to Batman.

So with the new batman mask, do they still need to have special bands of white printed on all the Bruce Wayne heads?

Or do these new prints/molds fix that?

White bands are still on the minifig head. The newer mask it less bulky looking. It looks a bit more like the Batman mask in the Nolan films. The back is curved more at the back opening and exposes more of the "neck" area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom