• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new shuttle has retractable landing gears? Nice. Did the previous version have them? I wish the underside of the wings were smooth, but I know that's tough to do.

I have the UCS version already but I still think I might get this one.

Damn, I might have to Bricklink that new Leia. That was the version I got from the original Kenner line and I loved it, up until I lost the cape and the helmet. It was a lousy figure then :D

Death Star Final Duel and Shuttle FTW!

Thank goodness there are less and less Star Wars sets I want. I mostly just care about OT sets and occasional non-OT sets for minifigs and parts. Bad part is I got sucked into the REBELS sets. Worst part is I may get sucked back in with the new Star Wars movies.

I can't wait to get that Imperial Shuttle. I want Final Duel but that won't be bought day one. Need to save for the Force Awakens sets instead.

Rootbeer

Banned
I can't wait to get that Imperial Shuttle. I want Final Duel but that won't be bought day one. Need to save for the Force Awakens sets instead.

I'm having to pick and choose carefully myself... I really want that Sabine figure but I'm not sure if I can justify that huge set at this time due to The Force Awakens coming so soon... we'll see.

Thanks for the Card Trades too!

Dv1ZUw8.jpg

Minifig lot from eBay. I probably overpaid at $30, but I can sell the duplicate Santa Vader to offset. Why is there only one bespin Luke in 16 years?!?

Minifig lot from eBay. I probably overpaid at $30, but I can sell the duplicate Santa Vader to offset. Why is there only one bespin Luke in 16 years?!?

I was gonna say that was a good deal with the chrome storm trooper, then I realized it was probably fused to the magnet.

I hope we get some new versions
of the chrome troopers from the new Star Wars

Ponn

Banned
I knew it was coming and it depresses me more than I should be excited that my to buy list is just growing with each month. Want that imperial shuttle since I will never be able to get that UCS version. I really only want to collect SW ships but i'd like to have an Emperor Palpatine figure and RoJ Luke Skywalker fig. Also the guards are awesome and that Darth Vader fig looks a little different than the one I got with my ISD.

Has anyone else watched the Ant Man set review on Brick Show? Looks like another awesome $20 set. I love, LOvE the scale Lego builds.

Rootbeer

Banned

Nice lot :) I'm probably about to overpay for a Triceratops soon so don't feel bad... :p

yeah, we are in dire need of a Bespin Luke... and we better get a new Lando, too. LEGO... stop playing.

That Chrome stormtrooper is GREAT... buut, to be honest, we should be getting a Phasma minifig this year which will fulfill my chrome needs (it BETTER come out this year!)

I'm having to pick and choose carefully myself... I really want that Sabine figure but I'm not sure if I can justify that huge set at this time due to The Force Awakens coming so soon... we'll see.

Thanks for the Card Trades too!

My Lego budget is small and due to the Aussie tax on the sets, I have to be really picky. I mostly just buy the modulars and the OT Star Wars sets. Force Awakens sets could be the end of me. :)

All good about the trades. I'll keep them coming when I see them.

Recommendations for storing instruction booklets?

They take up a lot of space and weigh a ton after you have so many.

Any plastic box container for small instructions. Larger ones you can store like magazines if you remember what those are.

I have so many that I ended up tossing most of them after I ripped off the cover. I keep the cover so I have the set number. This way, I know what sets I have and I can look up instructions online. I only do that with newer sets as older instructions that are digital aren't easy to find.

Maengun1

Looking at some pictures of the Flatiron Building architecture set....really cool looking. Wasn't planning on picking that one up at all but now I feel like I want it. I get the most unexpected urges to buy certain releases from the arch theme (the White House was the 2nd set I ever bought after getting back into Lego a few years ago)

Since i also keep the boxes, i flatten them and put the instructions inside, then store it all in one of those large print boxes that are used for storing large format printed images etc. Of course you still need a lot of space to store the boxes later :(

Ponn

Banned
For instructions I save the bag and cardboard that holds the instructions in some of the bigger sets. Theres lots of room in them so I just put other instruction books in the bags and then store them in a foot stool/storage bin thing I have. I try to keep each bag them specific.

I don't remember seeing this anywhere but I was looking at Gamestops site for the new Disney Infinity Vita pack and noticed they have a listing for a Lego Marvel Avengers game coming out. It had a generic dec 31 2015 date or something with placeholder art but the description seems to be covering the AoU movie.

So after using up ALL my foliage pieces and most of my brown bricks to make a Jungle scene i give you this:

*deep trailer voice* " In an ancient jungle, full of mysterious, dangerous creatures, awaits perhaps his greatest adventure yet: INDIANA JONES... and the stolen hat *cue John Williams theme*

la0yRhW.jpg

zy8O5Jb.jpg

ms542vo.jpg

Obviously, there is still a lot of stuff that needs work, i want to get started on how to do proper terrain techniques and inclined tree leaves etc. but i just don't have the pieces yet for that in the right colors. Off to BrickLink i guess ;(

neonglow

The LEGO Inside Tour 2015 set has leaked after the first tour finished. It's based on the Clumsy Hans fairy tale. This set doesn't excite me as much as last year's train set.

zhFsrpF.jpg

I used to have one of those accordion file folders to keep them in, but recently just bought a file cabinet to store them all. The just get some hanging file folders and store the instructions in there. It is small, organized, and out of the way.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I used to have one of those accordion file folders to keep them in, but recently just bought a file cabinet to store them all. The just get some hanging file folders and store the instructions in there. It is small, organized, and out of the way.

Yeah I use 'big useful boxes' in the UK, which have lots of different sizes. They have one designed to take hanging files which I use, with a clip on lid. The clip on tags help you find what you want quickly

Ryuuroden

I use a 3 drawer file cabinet from Ikea for my instructions. All duplicates go in a box for possible resale. Since I have multiples of a lot of early modulars I should look into posting those.

Experien

on May 4th, I bought Mos Eisley from le Target online for $45.99+ tax, picked it up the next day and they tried to give me Jek Starship cause their computers had it wrong in their system. They tried to cancel it and charge me $55 for it but I said, don't cancel it cause there was a sale. They said ok but there will be an issue if you return it. I knew I wasn't going to return it so I didn't care.

Yesterday Target cancelled my order and refunded my money cause I didn't pick up my item in time. So I got a free Mos Eisley and I don't know what to do.

secret rob

Neo Member
on May 4th, I bought Mos Eisley from le Target online for $45.99+ tax, picked it up the next day and they tried to give me Jek Starship cause their computers had it wrong in their system. They tried to cancel it and charge me $55 for it but I said, don't cancel it cause there was a sale. They said ok but there will be an issue if you return it. I knew I wasn't going to return it so I didn't care.

Yesterday Target cancelled my order and refunded my money cause I didn't pick up my item in time. So I got a free Mos Eisley and I don't know what to do.

This happened to me at target with a couple PS4 games. I spoke with them about it and they never could figure out a way in the system to fix it so they told me to enjoy my free stuff.

Osahi

That naboo starfighter looks really cool. I usually don't buy star wars sets as my wife doesn't like them and i rather buy modulars that can have a place in the living room, and if i do buy a sw set it is old trilogy stuff. But i just like the design of it so much (best phantom menace or even prequel ship imo), and the price isn't that high....

wetwired

WTF, not sure if anyone has seen these before but this stuff looks positively MINDBLOWING!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124546590@N03/15892681808/in/photostream/

I haven't checked out all his houses yet but just the first 2 are probably the best looking Lego builds i have ever seen, not only are they amazingly detailed but the artsy look is something truly special that most displays of this type do not feature.

I've seen his big Rapunzel tower before, he's insane. My brain just can't do that kind of purposely messy and rough uber detail. My OCD can't handle it, he's on a whole other level. It does look fragile though.

X-files update, here's my photoshopped designs for mulder and scully's torsos, I'm going to get them printed this time using a technique called UV printing, so fingers crossed they work out as it's going to cost a bit.

designs.jpg

Ponn

Banned
We have the Ferris Wheel built in the back of our store waiting to go on display.

It.

Is.

GLORIOUS.

I hate you.

I love you

Did you all try hooking up power functions to it? If so how did they work out? I was disappointed the designer video didn't show it using them. Who was the lucky person that got to put it together?

Wife, 3 year old son, and I just started Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated.

My interest in the upcoming sets went from zero to one hundred very quickly.

My birthday is coming up, and my mom is just like "Legos?"

Yup, Legos. Can't wait to see what I end up with
I'd shit myself if it was another modular.

Vyer

They take up a lot of space and weigh a ton after you have so many.

Any plastic box container for small instructions. Larger ones you can store like magazines if you remember what those are.

Since i also keep the boxes, i flatten them and put the instructions inside, then store it all in one of those large print boxes that are used for storing large format printed images etc. Of course you still need a lot of space to store the boxes later :(

For instructions I save the bag and cardboard that holds the instructions in some of the bigger sets. Theres lots of room in them so I just put other instruction books in the bags and then store them in a foot stool/storage bin thing I have. I try to keep each bag them specific.

Interesting. I was expecting more binder type recommendations, but I guess that would get weighed down pretty quick. Thanks for this.

Interesting. I was expecting more binder type recommendations, but I guess that would get weighed down pretty quick. Thanks for this.
I tried the binder once. I filled a really thick binder with about 8-10 sets worth tops. Maybe less. All those multiple book sets, and the thick binders are expensive. I was glad that the two I had were free because I would be annoyed after.

Thick binders are like $5-7 each normally, then you gotta buy the page inserts. Usually you have enough of the pages for multiple binders, but it adds up fast. 5-6 binders alone will cost you $30 or so. I personally found it more cost and space effective to buy a $30 file cabinet instead. It is cleaner, holds more, and can also act as a stand for resting instructions for your current build on top or another set. Of for now now, a printer.

That is just my preference though.

This talk has made me realize that instruction storage is something missing from the OP. And I love how wildly different everyone's methods are. It is awesome.

I hate you.

I love you

Did you all try hooking up power functions to it? If so how did they work out? I was disappointed the designer video didn't show it using them. Who was the lucky person that got to put it together?

We didn't Power Function it, but I did try to spin it as fast as I could. I don't know if we'll plug it in when it goes on display, or if it'll be in a custom case like the Mixer was where customers can spin it themselves.

It looks like the build is repetitive as all hell but man the final product looks worth it.

So we're moving house soon, and there's some old LEGO stuff we don't need any more, both are prequel trilogy Star Wars stuff, presumably discontinued:

- Trade Federation MTT (7662)
- Clone Wars AT-TE Walker (7675)

How valuable do you lot think this is? I'm seeing plenty of the former going for £100+ on eBay and Amazon. Got all the parts and minifigs, no box though.

Nitemare1

So finished the Tie last night. Now I just need a decent place to put these monsters.
I really didn't expect the TF to be as big as it is, damn.

UCS_zpsj5hwvl05.jpg

I made a little edit to the X-wing stand. Cantina Luke head with original X-wing pilot body and a blue lightsabre since that's the one he's using at that point in the movie right?
Also not sure what set that R2 came from. But its the newer one with the silver painted dome.
XwingStand_zpsnecz3iby.jpg

So I managed to find a way to make my badly printed top dish on the tie work until the replacement shows up.
TieTop_zps0q3bcodu.jpg

I mounted it on one of these badboys (which forever more shall be known as the Tiesaver piece!) so I could turn the dish the 10 degrees or so it needed to line up. Now it spins and you can play it like an Imperial turntable!

spinnin_zpstvd3nszi.jpg

VaderGroove_zpsh59jrd8o.gif

Dragoshi1

I have every currently released Jurassic World set now; hit the jackpot at a local walmart, as they had the last three I needed, including that elusive Raptor Escape set.

Now to set aside time to build them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom