• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just trawling through my cupboard looking for my old Star Wars Lego sets after enjoying looking through this thread..

I'd forgotten what I had though it's a pretty small collection. I found Darth Vader's Tie Fighter(not his ship really but it looks cool), Anakin's Jedi Starfighter with a Vulture droid, the Clone Scout walker, Darth Vader transformation, the General Grievous chase and the V-Wing fighter. Revenge of the Sith had some pretty nice small sets. I remember really wanting that Clone Turbo tank as well but it was quite hard to afford for a 12 year old.

I am doing it backwards but... with the impending release of the Scooby Doo sets, i am now finally going to watch Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated!! Can't wait for both! When EXACTLY are the sets supposed to hit again? June?

Ryuuroden

I tried the binder once. I filled a really thick binder with about 8-10 sets worth tops. Maybe less. All those multiple book sets, and the thick binders are expensive. I was glad that the two I had were free because I would be annoyed after.

Thick binders are like $5-7 each normally, then you gotta buy the page inserts. Usually you have enough of the pages for multiple binders, but it adds up fast. 5-6 binders alone will cost you $30 or so. I personally found it more cost and space effective to buy a $30 file cabinet instead. It is cleaner, holds more, and can also act as a stand for resting instructions for your current build on top or another set. Of for now now, a printer.

That is just my preference though.

Yeah, I originally went the binder route but I switched to file cabinet when I moved and never looked back.

bi6uaV5.jpg

About a year's worth of collecting for my 3 year old. Those are 20 gallon tubs. Mostly thrift store and garage sale purchased.

Ponn

Banned
I need to finally break down and start looking into real storage and sorting solutions. I'm looking at this here to start with and if it works I may get another one. Any thoughts, is this an ok solution? I have about two binful's of pieces right now so I don't need a huge solution just something that would make it easier to find pieces.

Akro-Mills Storage bins

I need to finally break down and start looking into real storage and sorting solutions. I'm looking at this here to start with and if it works I may get another one. Any thoughts, is this an ok solution? I have about two binful's of pieces right now so I don't need a huge solution just something that would make it easier to find pieces.

Akro-Mills Storage bins
I've moved my smaller pieces to the Stack On versions of those. Lowes and Meijer carry them for about $20. I need to get more now.
I still use the sort masters and food containers for other stuff like in OP.

As a "not hardcore" collector of things, I'm really glad I don't worry too much about boxes or manuals for things.

EDIT: Though the Akro Mils bins are godlike for my technic legos.

Ponn

Banned
I've moved my smaller pieces to the Stack On versions of those. Lowes and Meijer carry them for about $20. I need to get more now.

Oh thanks, I have a Lowes nearby i will have to check on tuesday while i'm out then.

I have a bigger plastic drawer I can still keep my bigger parts in like base plates and BURP's. This may sound silly but the noise and looking down at a bin sorting through tons of pieces to find cheese wedges or pins literally makes me nauseous and dizzy now so i'm kind of forced to find a solution. Especially before I start working on some Halloween mocs.

Rootbeer

Banned
I think LEGO Dimensions is going to have a strong start. They are getting a lot of really good properties under their belt. I'm impressed since they can't use marvel, disney or star wars stuff... they are still managing to get some really compelling things in their game.

Now I'm even MORE curious as to what the Lego Ideas Doctor Who set will look like :O

That micro Mystery Machine is INCREDIBLE!! Also so many new moulds for accessories!!

There is of course the new hoverboard. Looks like Shaggy has a new magnifying glass? Or something? Chel has the Portal gun!!! And you can swap out the bulb at the end just like I hoped!! (It looks like my predictions were actually spot on, with the exception of Glados. But it's not like they were difficult guesses anyway with a whopping four "characters" to pick from) Bart has the new slingshot from the CMF wave 2, and The Doctor has a sonic screwdriver!!

So since we're getting a Doctor Who Dinemsions pack AND an Ideas set, I reeeeeeeeeally hope that we get a legit Wizard of Oz set too.

hard to say, they did a new mould for the hoverboard too and to our knowledge there's no new set on the way
Technically BttF already got its set. Portal, WoOz, and Dr Who don't have any sets yet but all three of them were also Lego Ideas submissions, if I'm not mistaken.

Oh thanks, I have a Lowes nearby i will have to check on tuesday while i'm out then.

I have a bigger plastic drawer I can still keep my bigger parts in like base plates and BURP's. This may sound silly but the noise and looking down at a bin sorting through tons of pieces to find cheese wedges or pins literally makes me nauseous and dizzy now so i'm kind of forced to find a solution. Especially before I start working on some Halloween mocs.
For BURP and big pieces I use the $.90 Sterilite bins from Target. Big, stackable, and cheap as hell.

And hnnnng. Those Dimensions sets. God the K-9 is glorious. Those bastards are going to get me to buy everything now.

3N16MA

Banned
It would be a big hit.

So would Peanuts. My dream scenario :)

I think Peanuts would do well with the new film around the corner. Of course the seasonal specials are on TV every year which helps.

Those Dimensions packs look great. LEGO really doing a great job bringing interesting characters to the game world.

Rootbeer

Banned
I think Peanuts would do well with the new film around the corner. Of course the seasonal specials are on TV every year which helps.

Those Dimensions packs look great. LEGO really doing a great job bringing interesting characters to the game world.

Can you imagine having all your little Peanuts figures in your Winter Village sets most of us have been collecting for a few years? Why can't it happen LEGO... come on.

So all of those packs from Lego Dimensions either have a full product line behind them or at least a Lego Ideas set... except for Portal 2. A Portal set managed to get 10,000 supporters on Lego Ideas but was rejected a couple of years ago, I think. Could Lego have changed their mind and a set is in the works now? I didn't see anything about it being considered again with the other sets currently in review on the Ideas web site. If they stick to their schedule, they'll be announcing the newest set sometime this month.

It would seem strange to include an IP that they haven't or weren't going to support with full sets, don't you think?

So all of those packs from Lego Dimensions either have a full product line behind them or at least a Lego Ideas set... except for Portal 2. A Portal set managed to get 10,000 supporters on Lego Ideas but was rejected a couple of years ago, I think. Could Lego have changed their mind and a set is in the works now? I didn't see anything about it being considered again with the other sets currently in review on the Ideas web site. If they stick to their schedule, they'll be announcing the newest set sometime this month.

It would seem strange to include an IP that they haven't or weren't going to support with full sets, don't you think?

Wizard of Oz. No full set planned for that as far as we know.

Meanwhile, I do not plan on getting the game, but I really want to get these packs. I know I'm getting the BTTF one (HOVERBOARD) and the mini DeLorean will look great next to the rest of the polybag vehicles, same with the Mystery Machine. I'm not interested in the full sets, but I'll splurge on one of these. But Portal 2....I don;t know if I can resist that.

Wizard of Oz. No full set planned for that as far as we know.

Oh, you're right, I missed the Wizard of Oz pack. But I see that it's in the same boat as Portal 2; The Wizard of Oz also had an Ideas submission that hit the 10,000 supporters mark but was recently rejected. Maybe Lego is using Dimensions for some of the more popular Ideas submissions that, while full sets might not have been feasible for some reason, smaller packs like these would still work.

Akro-Mills Storage bins

I ended up getting the Stack On version as well, but I've read that the Akro-Mills plasticdrawers are less likely to crack. Stack On uses a very clear but more brittle type of plastic. Akro-Mills uses the translucent but more flexible plastic.

Due to my OCD, I will continue to stick with Stack On to keep my drawers as consistent as possible. It really bugs my OCD when they change the colors of the plastic boxes at Target and Walmart. I have boxes that are the same but with different color lids or handles. :p

You guys might want to take a look at this...

http://assets.lego.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6129869.pdf

brickset has screenshots for easier viewing

http://brickset.com/article/15231

Oh my!

Love the mini Mystery Machine. That will be very difficult to reproduce with loose pieces because I don't think they have that tile with bar piece (used for the windshield) in that color in any other set.

Dangit...I am tempted to get the Doctor Who pack if those are printed pieces.
I will get it if they only have that sonic screwdriver in that set. Lego Ideas does not allow for new moulds so it will be interesting if they include it in the Lego Ideas set. The fact they are including Doctor Who in the video game leads me to strongly think LEGO will have a Doctor Who theme and make use of the sonic screwdriver mould.

Peanuts I don't think is as big globally as it is in the US, though the movie might change things

Blasphemy! I do think Snoopy awareness is a very low nowadays. It would be non-existent if it weren't for the cartoon specials. My kids know of them, but marginally because of the cartoons.

Movie will definitely help push product if LEGO does do Snoopy/Peanuts theme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanuts
"At its peak, Peanuts ran in over 2,600 newspapers, with a readership of 355 million in 75 countries, and was translated into 21 languages."

I'm all in for both Muppets and Peanuts. Heck, throw in Sesame Street in there too!

Brickset poked around and found (they're gone now) instructions for those leaked team packs. Pretty much confirms that the Portal gun and Sonic Screwdriver are new molds.

17513321352_d9b6e18b56_z.jpg

17515319271_649922a0cc_z.jpg

Brickset poked around and found (they're gone now) instructions for those leaked team packs. Pretty much confirms that the Portal gun and Sonic Screwdriver are new molds.

17513321352_d9b6e18b56_z.jpg

17515319271_649922a0cc_z.jpg

Oh, we are going to get a bunch of Doctors soon aren't we? Oh, happy day!

EDIT: I love how the NFC disc under the Portal figure says "Aperture."

IHaveIce

Banned
Kinda bummed Marvel/disney won't allow Star Wars or Superheroes to be included because of Disney Infinity as a competitor.

Imagine what we could get as characters :'(

Rootbeer

Banned
Kinda bummed Marvel/disney won't allow Star Wars or Superheroes to be included because of Disney Infinity as a competitor.

Imagine what we could get as characters :'(

if lego dimensions can hold on for a couple years... who knows what stuff we could see in the future! I dunno if we'd ever get those brands but LEGO will have to keep things fresh by adding several new themes per year... we could see a ton of cool stuff pop up

... LEGO... it's really hard for me to forgive you for dropping the TMNT license. This could have been the magic moment :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom