• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that a new hairpiece on the Doctor too?

I'd assume you get two screwdrivers anyway, it's such a tiny piece.

LEGO hair options are exploding with all the licensing deals.

The Doctor should come with a spoon. Reference to an episode of the current Doctor and even more esoteric reference to a previous incarnation of the Doctor.

Dragoshi1

Finished building every Jurassic World set, and I decided to do a display out of it with a spare gaming table I had, and a cardboard mat based on CHIMA I got from Lego Land.

SKBJcrM.jpg

Dragoshi1

That mat makes it even better. Which set was your favorite to build?

Indominus for sure.

The most complicated set I've ever built was the flagship set from Galaxy Squad(the huge white ship/rover thing), and this set was cool with how the fences and the big door worked.

A good second fave would be T-Rex tracker, halfway through the instructions it didn't look anything like the picture, but a page later, and it all clicked and look awesome.

Ryuuroden

Roar, time to order more lego leaves. And you guys are the only community worth visiting on gaf now :) I wish it wasn't so slow in here tho sometimes.

Roar, time to order more lego leaves. And you guys are the only community worth visiting on gaf now :) I wish it wasn't so slow in here tho sometimes.

Sorry we are too slow. I really should dig into all those sets I bought on clearance the other week. Managed to snag a few more Ninjago sets at 75% off the other day too.

Toxi

Banned
Onua, Master of Earth looks amazing.

The only issue with the set is he's very short. Very, very, very short. Shorter than Pohatu when comparing head height, and Pohatu's pretty darn short. But I think he's my favorite 2015 Bionicle set so far just based on looks. That hammer is sick, and his wide build is just so distinctive among the otherwise fairly standard Toa.

Ryuuroden

I basically can't make any more purchases for the next few months other than stuff for Orthanc and payments for my other hobby since I need to pay for brickworld travel and all and I want to participate in parts drafts etc and buy a bunch of stuff there.

I basically can't make any more purchases for the next few months other than stuff for Orthanc and payments for my other hobby since I need to pay for brickworld travel and all and I want to participate in parts drafts etc and buy a bunch of stuff there.

Speaking of Brickworld, I won't be able to make it. It is short notice, and travel would eat into what little money I have. It would have been awesome to meet someone else from here, and to also bask in the glory of Orthanc in person.

3N16MA

Banned

LEGO GAF gets exclusive first pics of the completed beast before you leave?

Ponn

Banned
Speaking of Brickworld, I won't be able to make it. It is short notice, and travel would eat into what little money I have. It would have been awesome to meet someone else from here, and to also bask in the glory of Orthanc in person.

What if Ryuuroden lets you stay in Orthanc to save on hotel costs?

Ryuuroden

doh :(

What if Ryuuroden lets you stay in Orthanc to save on hotel costs?

lol

LEGO GAF gets exclusive first pics of the completed beast before you leave?

Ill be posting them on flickr probably the night before it opens to the public but I will link to gaf thread right away.

I think I am going to bring a benny minifig with me as hes kinda become my official mascot so I may have him posed in his signature form next to the title card lol

Rootbeer

Banned
Finished building every Jurassic World set, and I decided to do a display out of it with a spare gaming table I had, and a cardboard mat based on CHIMA I got from Lego Land.

Nicely done on your setup!

I need to get that indominus set, then I'll own them all. Really cool!

Just got the Mouseguard heads in the mail today.
I am very impressed with Guy Himber's latest LEGO kickstarter project. It's leaps ahead of his other projects IMO.

I wish LEGO would do some animal heads in this style. Fabuland for adults. I liked the Chima minifigs, but I wish they were more generic, less cartoony, and just one piece like these mice heads.

Kickstart project.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...se-guard-for-your-miniature-figur/description

Based on his previous projects, the Mouseguard heads will eventually be available on his website. crazybricks.com

Mouse Guard - Mice by madoruk, on Flickr

Osahi

Looks cool! I was a bit disapointed in the sets, as I had hoped to get some old school JP scenes... But seeing this set up, I might reconsider. Not sure if I'll pick up a set though... Still hoping to see an original JP jeep... (let's hope the Lego Idea one gets approved)

Started building the Palace cinema yesterday with my wife by the way. Really like the look of it, but the build seems to be a bit repetitive. After the Parisian Restaurant (my first modular) with al its really cool interiour details, this is a step back.

Will look cool on our mantlepiece though...

When is setup for the show? I'm catching a red eye out of O'Hare on the 19th and would love to come "help set up" for a sneak preview!

Excuse me for the OT, but I just wanted to gloat over the fact that the first edition of my card game has arrived:

avdank_hand.jpg

It's probably not of too much interest to you (until we make a translated version!) but I just wanted to show it off.

To keep it on topic, there is totally a bunch of Lego hiding behind the red cloth.

Experien

Just got the Mouseguard heads in the mail today.
I am very impressed with Guy Himber's latest LEGO kickstarter project. It's leaps ahead of his other projects IMO.

I wish LEGO would do some animal heads in this style. Fabuland for adults. I liked the Chima minifigs, but I wish they were more generic, less cartoony, and just one piece like these mice heads.

Kickstart project.
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...se-guard-for-your-miniature-figur/description

Based on his previous projects, the Mouseguard heads will eventually be available on his website. crazybricks.com

Mouse Guard - Mice by madoruk, on Flickr

Waiting on my shipment...glad to know it is good quality.

Excuse me for the OT, but I just wanted to gloat over the fact that the first edition of my card game has arrived:

avdank_hand.jpg

It's probably not of too much interest to you (until we make a translated version!) but I just wanted to show it off.

To keep it on topic, there is totally a bunch of Lego hiding behind the red cloth.

You have a blog post on your page about the game? I won't be buying the game, but would love to read up on the project.

Just got a slew of knock offs in the mail! I had actually forgotten all about them, lol.

It looks like I still have a few more boxes on the way as well.

Ponn

Banned

That's neat, congrats. Like the artwork.

Just got a slew of knock offs in the mail! I had actually forgotten all about them, lol.

It looks like I still have a few more boxes on the way as well.

Have you bought any of the Walking Dead figs yet? I'm waiting for some money to place an order but would like to hear some feedback on them.

I got my birthday lego set in the mail today so CMF clown fig is mine! It's neat the child fig comes with boy and girl hair piece. It's actually a nice little set.

Any ideas on roughly how long Age of Ultron sets will be around?

I assume that I will still be able to find the Quinjet + Hulkbuster readily available as late as ~August/September 2015?

I assume that I will still be able to find the Quinjet + Hulkbuster readily available as late as ~August/September 2015?
Easily. Actually, they might be easier to find then since the hype will have subsided.
They will easily be available until next summer. Possibly longer.

You have a blog post on your page about the game? I won't be buying the game, but would love to read up on the project.

Not in English, no, since there won't be any point until we (possibly) translate it.

It's loosely based on MERP/Rolemaster characters we used to play. You compete with a team of five heroes in several contests, using their basic attributes or special abilities, trying to find the best possible candidate for each one.

And now the question is: wait 34 more minutes to be able to curse S@H's spotty midnight updates, or go to bed and order the Ferris Wheel in the morning?

Not in English, no, since there won't be any point until we (possibly) translate it.

It's loosely based on MERP/Rolemaster characters we used to play. You compete with a team of five heroes in several contests, using their basic attributes or special abilities, trying to find the best possible candidate for each one.

And now the question is: wait 34 more minutes to be able to curse S@H's spotty midnight updates, or go to bed and order the Ferris Wheel in the morning?

Wait and order it on June 1st to get Winter Soldier figure. At least that is what I am doing here in USA. Not sure about the Winter Soldier promo in Sweden. That is where you are, right?

gsrjedi

Stopped in a Wal*Mart yesterday and they had some of the Star Wars Microfighters series 1 clearanced down to $7.00. Picked up the TIE Interceptor & X-Wing. I haven't seen series 1 around lately.

neonglow

Some of the sets will start disappearing on the run up to Christmas. By mid December, you can expect LEGO aisles to be barren. Once sets sell out at the end of the year, it's not guaranteed they will be back since LEGO will have new product lines for release on the first day of next year.

I'd say they'll last till next year, easily. We still have the Captain America set from last year that coincided with Winter Soldier, along with a slew of Spider-Man sets from last year and the year before. The Iron Man 3 sets didn't even disappear until the last maybe 2-3 months.

I think the general rule I've heard is that UCS sets last 2-3 years, regular sets last from 1-2 (depending on popularity, of course). There are exceptions such as B-Wing (~8 months?) and the Death Star (~7 years) but those are rare. We haven't heard anything concrete either way but it seems like the Simpsons and carnival stuff will be on 1 year cycles?

Experien

Whenever I try to go to my cart on S@H, the page never loads. it just does the swirly circle and nothing happens. Anyone have this happen to them? Anyone know a fix?

Ponn

Banned
New CITY poly:

f906cb3.jpg

Reviewed by the Brick Show: https://youtu.be/8Qh_vhmxmyY

This will probably be the S@H/LEGO Store promo set for August.

Watched that with all the Star Wars summer set reviews. They REALLY like the Final Duel set by the way. Getting sick of seeing all these cool polybags but not being able to get them or even know where to get them for months, HELLO JOKER BUMPER CAR!

That seems like a perfect way to get that cool astronaut fig without having to buy any of those City sets.

chimster

Whenever I try to go to my cart on S@H, the page never loads. it just does the swirly circle and nothing happens. Anyone have this happen to them? Anyone know a fix?

Would you happen to be using safari? My friend had trouble checking-out with his macbook. Try another browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom