• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1A45DA99-EA62-499E-8201-09CDF8351CA8.jpg

54F8D3EB-86B0-4FC0-8A0C-226C9D591FFB_1.jpg

Total count is 93 minifigs, 2 of those are bigfigs, and there are 4 little builds with figs that only came with them. The price breaks down to .79 per minifig, shipping included.

Lots to dig into here! I don't think I'll get to them tonight but I will this weekend for certain. I also plan on redoing my display cabinet real soon.

Rootbeer

Banned
I have a fair amount of the bootlegs... not many of the ones from this year though.

They need to make bootleg Dinos so I can army build.

I absolutely love this Thor helm. I tried to find where I got it last night but couldn't find the same one anywhere. Finally a helmed Thor!

8B72E0B2-CF03-46B0-84D8-5E8F3F270265.jpg

Looks like I'll have enough heroes to make Defenders, several versions of the Avengers, fleshed out Guardians of the Galaxy, a great looking FF4 group, and a full X-Men team. I have a full Justice League too. Each one of those can be filled with retro costumed heroes too. I'm very glad to have them. My rogues gallery of villians really gets fleshed out too, which is sorely needed. I have too many Iron Men to count now. It's at least 50+ suits at this point.

Man, I think I have 1 more order coming in because I don't see a few I'm almost positive I ordered. If that's true, the price per fig will drop a bit too.

Though it'd be cheaper to get, I just suck it up and pay the crazy price if I want a specific minifig. Though I'm not crazy enough to get those Comic-Con exclusive ones.

I absolutely love this Thor helm. I tried to find where I got it last night but couldn't find the same one anywhere. Finally a helmed Thor!

Looks like I'll have enough heroes to make Defenders, several versions of the Avengers, fleshed out Guardians of the Galaxy, a great looking FF4 group, and a full X-Men team. I have a full Justice League too. Each one of those can be filled with retro costumed heroes too. I'm very glad to have them. My rogues gallery of villians really gets fleshed out too, which is sorely needed. I have too many Iron Men to count now. It's at least 50+ suits at this point.

Man, I think I have 1 more order coming in because I don't see a few I'm almost positive I ordered. If that's true, the price per fig will drop a bit too.

Whoa! That is awesome looking.

So where is my Beta Ray Bill figure?

Whoa! That is awesome looking.

A Google Image Search for a decent Thor helm turns up nothing but garbage. Like, really really bad looking ones. This one came in a lot that I apparently bought just for other figures. I was not expecting it at all and I am beside myself with the surprise win. I don't even know which lot he came with because I ordered so many different ones at once, many were combined, and I opened/mixed them all at once.

I want another one, so my next step is to comb through my emails and try to figure it out that way. But man, the orders/emails/confirmations are all so generic. It makes it hard to find the same deal or group of figures twice.

That is a Sheng Yuan fig. I definitely have that one on my list of ones to get.

I really prefer Decool, but Sheng Yuan is 2nd best and Sheng Yuan pumps out a lot of variations compared to Decool.
http://mybrickstore.blogspot.com/2015/05/sheng-yuan-sy266-dr-strange-batzarro.html

Here's some other interesting Sheng Yuan's
http://mybrickstore.blogspot.com/2015/05/sheng-yuan-sy208-black-bolt-magneto-dr.html

EDIT: I try to keep my knockoffs separated by brand, but the sheer quantity of them exceeds my OCD capacity to orgainze them. Luckily Decool are easy to tell by their leg connector to torsos.

Ponn

Banned
TLG am cry. Again though I don't feel bad, as long as they keep producing those stupid SDCC figs and not taking advantage of their licenses to give us the figs we want then so be it. I would gladly give them my money if they wanted it. I was eyeing that Dr. Strange fig but with the movie coming out I suspect we will get one Dr. Strange set. I'm still thinking of getting that bootleg one though because the one Lego puts out will probably look like the movie version which could be vastly different then classic Dr. Strange.

I'm lovin the accessories on these latest bootlegs. I like the Ultron fig with the head piece that looks closer to the comic book version to. I also love how the bootleggers took that little bit more effort and made Thor's hammer look a little cooler with the more metallic silver color.

Talkin about exclusives, I'm bummed about the transparent Bionicle 2015 masks. I wish they did them all like Tahu so they are easy to nab. The Gali trans blue one is going to be a bitch to get.

The sad part is the masks look siperb transparent due to their shaping

Ryuuroden

I honestly feel we shouldn't be talking about bootlegs. With all the shit going down all over Gaf I don't want the last community left I care about here, getting locked

Ryuuroden

I rarely stray elsewhere; what's happening?

Figuregaf got shut down. It may have been overkill but it's not like it didn't earn the lock. Other communities have been warning people not to talk about shows or mangas that they may get in pirated form. If you ask me, bootlegs are technically illegal too so maybe we should get a mod to clarify. I just don't want legogaf to get shut down by bringing it to a mods attention either. I don't know if we would be retroactively in trouble.

Ponn

Banned
Figuregaf got shut down. It may have been overkill but it's not like it didn't earn the lock. Other communities have been warning people not to talk about shows or mangas that they may get in pirated form. If you ask me, bootlegs are technically illegal too so maybe we should get a mod to clarify. I just don't want legogaf to get shut down by bringing it to a mods attention either. I don't know if we would be retroactively in trouble.

I think its a grey area. The figs that are exact copies of figs from Lego sets and readily available, yea those I would consider bootleg. The figs that are done that aren't made or readily available is more of a grey area, especially with Chinese laws. Hence why they can do what they can do. Also I think Lego lost their ability to sue over brick building sets. Most of the figs I collect from them are just plain not made by Lego. Put it this way, would you say that Mouse Guard kickstarter from a page or so back was bootleg? If everyone prefers not to talk about them that is cool though, we don't really bring them up that often anyways.

Experien

Total count is 93 minifigs, 2 of those are bigfigs, and there are 4 little builds with figs that only came with them. The price breaks down to .79 per minifig, shipping included.

Lots to dig into here! I don't think I'll get to them tonight but I will this weekend for certain. I also plan on redoing my display cabinet real soon.

ArE6SGh.gif

Where did you get these and is there a sweet Nightcrawler or Colossus?

Ponn

Banned
Just a heads up, Amazon Warehouse deals has been doing some massive updates in the last hour or so and they are still going. The good shit goes really fast so you kind of have to refresh like every 5 or 10 minutes. Also they base the prices on the current new price so if the items is out of stock at Amazon and a third party has it jacked up they list it based on the jacked up price. They had a Death Star earlier for $340 and I just picked up a Tie Advanced for $30.

I am sitting here building the T Rex Tracker, and all I can think about is modding it to be a Mad Max vehicle. I really need to make some Mad Max cars now.

EDIT: Just finished T Rex Tracker. Another meh Jurassic Set. The T Rex itself is awesome though.

Of all the sets in the series that I have (all but the biggest set), the best one was the Dilophosaur set. It wasn't anything special, but it was the most fun to build of all of them.

So, as expected, only go for Jurassic World stuff if you want the dinosaurs themselves. Lets hope the big set delivers a bit more when I get it soon.

Built the a-wing last night, there's some real inverse lego magic going on there - I cant remember the last time that I built a set which felt so much more bigger and substantial than it appeared on the box.

Osahi

Finished the second part of the Palace Cinema yesterday (doing one booklet per evening with the missus). It's my second modular, and it proves to be a less fun build then the Parisian Restaurant, which was just filled with little interior detail and had an awesome exterior.

Palace just doesn't have the same interior goodness, with rooms that feel quite 'empty'. It's offcourse part of the idea of a cinema, but I thought the income hall and the screening room could use a tad more stuff (why no little projection booth in stead of just a platform with a chair and projector?)

The exterior is awesome though. Really like that design, and I'm looking forward to putting together the billboard...

Will get the Detectives Office afterwards when I get my bonus next month. Really like how detailed that one is.

Anyone nows if there are more Modulars incoming, and what the timing is for new sets? Does the carnival stuff replace them, or is that an appart series?

theaface

Finished the second part of the Palace Cinema yesterday (doing one booklet per evening with the missus). It's my second modular, and it proves to be a less fun build then the Parisian Restaurant, which was just filled with little interior detail and had an awesome exterior.

Palace just doesn't have the same interior goodness, with rooms that feel quite 'empty'. It's offcourse part of the idea of a cinema, but I thought the income hall and the screening room could use a tad more stuff (why no little projection booth in stead of just a platform with a chair and projector?)

The exterior is awesome though. Really like that design, and I'm looking forward to putting together the billboard...

Will get the Detectives Office afterwards when I get my bonus next month. Really like how detailed that one is.

Anyone nows if there are more Modulars incoming, and what the timing is for new sets? Does the carnival stuff replace them, or is that an appart series?

Modulars come once a year in January, so you've got a little wait on your hands for the next one. of course, you can always try and track down older lines.

Osahi

Modulars come once a year in January, so you've got a little wait on your hands for the next one. of course, you can always try and track down older lines.

Thanks. I have the Detective's Office this summer, and then I'll wait. Only planning on getting the ones I really like. I'm on the fence for the Pet Shop at the moment btw. I prefer the Detective's, but I know Pet Shop will probably be the first to dissapear. Might just get both of them in one trip to the Lego Store :D

wetwired

looking forward to a full review of ALL OF THEM

Did you get worried when you built the sign for the cinema? The way it pulled at the bricks until you "locked in" the other side really bothered me.

You hit the nail on the head in terms of the general reaction to this set. It's a nice looking modular but the build wasn't anywhere near the quality of the other ones. I'm sure you've seen similar sentiments on this board, but if you enjoy the series (and it sounds like you do) you should seek out the oldest one sooner rather than later. When they retire they skyrocket in price.

it's honestly the worst lego clone, and it's branded at that

Megabloks is a million times better than most clone brands. They've demonstrated some innovation with the figs and at least they try different styles.

Still total crap though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Megabloks is a million times better than most clone brands. They've demonstrated some innovation with the figs and at least they try different styles.

Still total crap though.

Mind you I am referring to branded clones and not the generic stuff shat out from say China.

I thought Kreo had better models though.

Osahi

Did you get worried when you built the sign for the cinema? The way it pulled at the bricks until you "locked in" the other side really bothered me.

You hit the nail on the head in terms of the general reaction to this set. It's a nice looking modular but the build wasn't anywhere near the quality of the other ones. I'm sure you've seen similar sentiments on this board, but if you enjoy the series (and it sounds like you do) you should seek out the oldest one sooner rather than later. When they retire they skyrocket in price.

Still total crap though.

The sign is in the third part of the set, so I am not there yet :)

And of a modular is discontinued, i won't try to grab it anymore. As they are as expensive even when they are readily available, i rather just invest in the sets i really like

Rootbeer

Banned
So I shouldn't look hear for info on new TMNT sets? :(

I'm sure it will be mentioned but there won't be much discussion beyond that.

Although if the sets and figures end up being better than LEGO's then you'll hear some impressions from me. Right now it's up in the air as to rather I'll buy any or not. Depends all on the figures and the variety of figures. I'm personally not much interested in them aside from that.

LEGO TMNT was good while it lasted. I really wish they had held onto the brand, released at least one more wave (I'll never have a LEGO Casey Jones, Bebop or Rocksteady... sigh) and acquired the rights to use TMNT in LEGO Dimensions.

What could have been...

to my eyes the assassin's creed line is fugly. So my expectations are super low. on the other hand, at least halo has some interesting aliens and the like to make into figures. so if it skews more in that direction then there might be something worth buying.

Experien

I'm sure it will be mentioned but there won't be much discussion beyond that.

Although if the sets and figures end up being better than LEGO's then you'll hear some impressions from me. Right now it's up in the air as to rather I'll buy any or not. Depends all on the figures and the variety of figures. I'm personally not much interested in them aside from that.

LEGO TMNT was good while it lasted. I really wish they had held onto the brand, released at least one more wave (I'll never have a LEGO Casey Jones, Bebop or Rocksteady... sigh) and acquired the rights to use TMNT in LEGO Dimensions.

What could have been...

to my eyes the assassin's creed line is fugly. So my expectations are super low. on the other hand, at least halo has some interesting aliens and the like to make into figures. so if it skews more in that direction then there might be something worth buying.

Yeah, if TMNT is like Halo, all those minis will be crazy. It might be cause the movie coming as well.

Mind you I am referring to branded clones and not the generic stuff shat out from say China.

I thought Kreo had better models though.

Agreed on Kreo-there are a lot of cool things they've done with the Transformer figs.

There are so many terrible knock-offs. I spend a lot of time in airports and it seems like there are five or six awful brands that are exclusively sold in airport terminals.

Target. What is your malfunction.

Series 12 confirmed for worthless

iDF1Dgu.jpg

What I see is a goldmine of piggy minifigs.

It's just a guess on my part, but I think Series 12 may indicate the peak or near peak of minifig popularity which means they probably produced a huge number of them. LEGO S@H selling them for $1.98 to liquidate them is another sign inventories of that series were a bit high. To be fair though, I have not seen series 12 in any stores (Walmart, Target, TRU, etc) by me in Orange County, CA U.S. area except for 1 TRU and it was only 1 box. My LEGO store also sold out of them before Simpson series came out.

BigHow

Neo Member
What I see is a goldmine of piggy minifigs.

It's just a guess on my part, but I think Series 12 may indicate the peak or near peak of minifig popularity which means they probably produced a huge number of them. LEGO S@H selling them for $1.98 to liquidate them is another sign inventories of that series were a bit high. To be fair though, I have not seen series 12 in any stores (Walmart, Target, TRU, etc) by me in Orange County, CA U.S. area except for 1 TRU and it was only 1 box. My LEGO store also sold out of them before Simpson series came out.

Wasn't 12 also the first series where the MSRP went up to $3.99? I wonder if that played a role in the reduced interest.

Also, I don't think 12 had a high demand figure like Hot Dog Guy. I'm sure Piggy Guy will build some value in the long term (as most of the animal suits tend to), but it definitely wasn't being cherry-picked from every box the way HDG was.

Wasn't 12 also the first series where the MSRP went up to $3.99? I wonder if that played a role in the reduced interest.

Also, I don't think 12 had a high demand figure like Hot Dog Guy. I'm sure Piggy Guy will build some value in the long term (as most of the animal suits tend to), but it definitely wasn't being cherry-picked from every box the way HDG was.

Goldmine as in keeping, not selling. Just to clarify. :)
Excellent point about the price increase. It was indeed the first regular series with the higher price.

I base the demand for the minifigs on Bricklink lot quantity and pricing. Piggy is 1/2 the lot quantity of the next lowest series 12 minifig quantity. Those minifig mascots are generally very popular.
I do agree, hot dog guy has huge demand which is partly due to the 2 per box quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom