• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

Yeah, the space theme is weird as it should make me want them all, but they just look 'off'. The space port is cool though...

It's maybe that the space shuttles previous version was way better. I remember buying it for my godchild a few years ago

Toxi

Banned
I bought the Volkswagon Camper.

Jesus, this thing is a monster to put together. I was not expecting this level of detail.

Interesting read about the colors of the Ferris Wheel and how some are modifying it to add a red gondola. Looks livelier with red IMO (I have a taste for Skittles now for some reason). Still looks great with the original colors. Most likely not designer's fault as article explains.

Article: A splash of colour
"Update: When I wrote this article there were at least 40 lots of the dishes on BrickLink; now there are just two! Clearly a lot of you have plans for a similar modification!"

I just checked and there is 1 left now.

The Ferris Wheel is just so much more impressive when compared to the Mixer.

weWGM44.png

Interesting read about the colors of the Ferris Wheel and how some are modifying it to add a red gondola. Looks livelier with red IMO (I have a taste for Skittles now for some reason). Still looks great with the original colors. Most likely not designer's fault as article explains.

Article: A splash of colour
"Update: When I wrote this article there were at least 40 lots of the dishes on BrickLink; now there are just two! Clearly a lot of you have plans for a similar modification!"

I just checked and there is 1 left now.

The Ferris Wheel is just so much more impressive when compared to the Mixer.

weWGM44.png

True, it actually looks like a finished display set, not like a transformable playset like the Mixer is, which is cool for a lot of folks i bet but it is the reason i didn't get that and will get the Wheel instead!

Nitemare1

ok something just struck me as really funny. Not sure if anyone noticed this or mentioned it yet but why does the new Imperial shuttle only come with rebel minifigs? I was just sizing up the box on brickset and it struck me as kind of odd.

ok something just struck me as really funny. Not sure if anyone noticed this or mentioned it yet but why does the new Imperial shuttle only come with rebel minifigs? I was just sizing up the box on brickset and it struck me as kind of odd.

Because at that point in Return of the Jedi it's been hijacked by rebels.

Just built the GL set...

While i got the set mainly for the figures of course, i figured the Jet build would be rather lazy and disappointing but i was actually surprised that it came out meatier and bigger than i thought. I like how they did the white cockpit "pillow" in the rear and it also features one of those squishy technic pieces i have never seen before in another set. It's also a nice touch that there isn't ONE sticker in here, instead we get 2 nice printed pieces, i like the black Jet front with the GL emblem/battery on there.

Also: After glancing over the included comic booklet, it now makes sense to me why the hell Hal Jordan would need a Jet, it's to rescue pathetic Space Batman after rightfully getting his ass kicked by Sinestro. (It's what happens when you try to play with the big boys Bats, shoulda stayed in Gotham) It is a construct of course and i guess he could have used one of his trademark "bubbles" to transport him out of harm's way instead of the jet but ehhh...

TLDR; i liked the set and the figures are great!

YcfWIXq.jpg

If I remember correctly from his Q&A he was an engineer for a lot of Google stuff and worked on Windows. Also got in on the ground floor for Paypal systems so I imagine that he is quite rich. Especially given that he just got a new custom house built.

Yeah, I don't see how you can't be rich when buying that many Lego. He's gotta be spending at minimum $10,000 on Lego each year lol. Probably way more when you count all the stuff he bricklinks for his huge city. Doesn't mean that's a bad thing though, I'm glad for him and he makes awesome videos that are such a massive step up in quality over what anyone else does.

Don't forget to pick up your free Joker polybag today, BritGAF.

Shame you have to buy the Daily Fail.

Also, I picked up the 'Dark Side' and Minifig year-by-year books from a remainder book store called 'The Works' for half price. Most of the Dark Side books had had the minifig removed,a bit of searching was needed to find one that was complete.

Osahi

Started building Detectives Office. Taking it slow, will do one number of satchets a night over the next week. Just finished the first satchels, so the pool bar is mostly build.

I think this might become my favourite modular yet (have the cinema and parisian restaurant). The detail is just top notch, and the unsymmatrical look isjust awesome

MXRider

Finally got my hulkbuster set after target canceling my order at 3 different stores as well as an online order for not being in stock.

It took about 2.5 hrs to put the new Quinjet together and the Hulkbuster took only around 20 minutes. Both are great!

I moved around lots of Lego over the past 2 days. I only have a couple of things exactly as I want them though. Pics to come soon of what I have set.

Also, I did lots of minifig comparisons. To my surprise, several Chinese knock offs rank better than their Lego counterparts in the looks department. Mainly it's due to stronger colors. Things like Storm's black skin and Scarlett Witch's lighter skin just look better and more vibrant on the Chinese versions. Meanwhile, they lack some of the smaller details that Lego include that you only notice on close inspection. I'll post comparison pics later.

My kids played with all my modulars and all my minifigs all day today. If I didn't let them play with all that stuff I would consider myself a terrible parent. Could you imagine having all that at your fingertips as a kid and then being told you can't play with them?!? That would be torture!

Rootbeer

Banned
Minifigures Online changing from Free To Play to a purchasable game.

Details here

http://www.playminifigures.com/en/news/important-information-all-players

I wonder just how much support the game will be getting now that Dimensions is going to take a huge amount of the focus. Probably not worth buying in the wake of Dimensions.

Note though, they state that if you have spent ANY money in the game's store then you get converted to the paid version of the game. Everyone else will have to buy a copy to play.

Finished building every Jurassic World set, and I decided to do a display out of it with a spare gaming table I had, and a cardboard mat based on CHIMA I got from Lego Land.

As a kid I always wanted to build an actual park for my JP figures.
As an adult im actually considering doing it in lego, hoping after World we get a few classic sets to help out though.

My custom Dr Grant is ready.

Toxi

Banned
I am in love with the Volkswagon Camper Van now that I'm finally finished. Would you lot recommend the Mini-Cooper or another vehicle?

I am in love with the Volkswagon Camper Van now that I'm finally finished. Would you lot recommend the Mini-Cooper or another vehicle?

Mini Cooper is boss. A worthy successor to the VW Camper. The Camper is better overall, but the Mini Cooper is really, really close.

Toxi

Banned
Mini Cooper is boss. A worthy successor to the VW Camper. The Camper is better overall, but the Mini Cooper is really, really close.
Thanks, I'll definitely get that one next.

I'm just flabbergasted by how beautiful the VW is. The employee at the Lego store told me it wasn't a very popular set, which is a shame.

wetwired

True, it actually looks like a finished display set, not like a transformable playset like the Mixer is, which is cool for a lot of folks i bet but it is the reason i didn't get that and will get the Wheel instead!

I never got the mixer love, still don't. I wasn't interested in the wheel either until I saw the pic of it next to the town hall. The sheer scale makes it much more impressive.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I never got the mixer love, still don't. I wasn't interested in the wheel either until I saw the pic of it next to the town hall. The sheer scale makes it much more impressive.

Not a big fan of the wheel - looks like it's made from k'nex. Which is good because it saves me money :)

Likewise not a fan of the mini either. The VW Camper is one of my all-time favourites,nso the mini was a let down. it just doesn't look that much like a mini

ninge

I was just googling around looking to see if there are any other lego sets that might go well with the ferris wheel in my modular city.

The fairground mixer looks ok, but looks to take up a lot of space and isn't all that impressive. Oooooh! Grand Carousel! That looks nice, I wonder how mu... HOLY SHIT!! I guess I'm never getting that :(

Ponn

Banned
I was just googling around looking to see if there are any other lego sets that might go well with the ferris wheel in my modular city.

The fairground mixer looks ok, but looks to take up a lot of space and isn't all that impressive. Oooooh! Grand Carousel! That looks nice, I wonder how mu... HOLY SHIT!! I guess I'm never getting that :(

It's not as big but if your looking for a carousel to go with the Ferris Wheel the one in the Winter Village Market set is pretty darn great. It comes with 2 unique horse figs too.

Osahi

Likewise not a fan of the mini either. The VW Camper is one of my all-time favourites,nso the mini was a let down. it just doesn't look that much like a mini

Yeah, my wife and I went to the Lego shop few weeks back for the mini, but decided against it when we saw it displayed. There is something of in the design which makes it to clunky. We bought our first modular there and then. Now we have three :')

Not sure what you guys are referring to with the Mini, looks like one to me? Maybe the curves could be slightly "curvier", but that is because when it's all said and done it's still made out of LEGO so of course you will have that effect to SOME extent. The camper has that as well though imo. Maybe it is something else that i just don't see right now though hmmm...

Yup. That's the one. It's near my work so I go there a lot.

They had mountains of S12 around Christmas too. I watched as they slowly sold them all at a discount, and now they have ANOTHER mountain of them...

I don't know what the deal is. This store should be stocking Simpsons and yet they have this instead.

I didn't price check them. I'll do it on Monday. Report back if you swing by.

I just came back from there. There was one and a half less boxes of S13 and the mountain of S12 had the top layer of boxes picked through. Both series were ringing up $3.99. I found a lone unicorn girl and spent about 20 minutes blowing through two unsearched S12 boxes and increased my piggy guy army. :) I have no clue how they're going to sell through so many S12. They're going have to clearance them out. If you see them marked down sometime in the future, would you mind letting me know? I'll do the same if I see it. Thx!

Great stuff. I like the legs and feet on the little guy. And I would be terrified to even pose it.
You going to build these and take pics?

Thanks. I think the small one would be light enough that posing it wouldn't be an issue.

I'd love to build them IRL, but they use non-released colors and would probably cost a lot more than I'd like through bricklink.

Osahi

Not sure what you guys are referring to with the Mini, looks like one to me? Maybe the curves could be slightly "curvier", but that is because when it's all said and done it's still made out of LEGO so of course you will have that effect to SOME extent. The camper has that as well though imo. Maybe it is something else that i just don't see right now though hmmm...

It looks like one sure, and it is probably the Lego thing. My wife described it as looking more like a jeep, and when she said it I could see what she meant.

The Camper isn't as curvy too, but it just looks better overall.

I might still get the Mini doN the line though. I'm sure it is a fun build

Just back from the store, got the Ferris wheel (they have 10 cases of it onsite and 13 in nearby warehouse).

Also went for a Detective's Office, my first actual building.

And then a Quinjet, because why not?

Ok, I should probably finish the Helicarrier now.

Jangs review of the Deep Sea Vessel Set confirms to me that I'll probably be loving this line. Such a great looking set with so much value.

Stop tempting me LEGOGAF!
I'm pretty much sold on 60096: Deep Sea Operations Base and I'm wavering on 60095: Deep Sea Exploration Vessel. I will not pay full price on those though. I will only be tempted if they hit 30% off or more. :) That's where I draw the
temporary
line.

Desert Skiff popped up at Walmart and I grabbed one after missing it. Now I can add Boba Fett to my collection.

You could have always just gotten UCS Slave 1. I believe Boba Fett in that set has some unique printing (on arms or something).

Ponn

Banned
Damn, I just saw Jang's Ferris Wheel and Mixer in his city video. That does it, I have to get the Ferris Wheel on the 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom