• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target. What is your malfunction.

Series 12 confirmed for worthless

iDF1Dgu.jpg

Hey Zulithe, that looks like the City Target in SF on Mission right? What was their price? $3.99 or the bumped up price of $4.89? I might walk over there after work to score some piggies. :)

Rootbeer

Banned
Yup. That's the one. It's near my work so I go there a lot.

They had mountains of S12 around Christmas too. I watched as they slowly sold them all at a discount, and now they have ANOTHER mountain of them...

I don't know what the deal is. This store should be stocking Simpsons and yet they have this instead.

I didn't price check them. I'll do it on Monday. Report back if you swing by.

Ponn

Banned
Goldmine as in keeping, not selling. Just to clarify. :)
Excellent point about the price increase. It was indeed the first regular series with the higher price.

I base the demand for the minifigs on Bricklink lot quantity and pricing. Piggy is 1/2 the lot quantity of the next lowest series 12 minifig quantity. Those minifig mascots are generally very popular.
I do agree, hot dog guy has huge demand which is partly due to the 2 per box quantity.

I have two Piggy guys and no Hot Dog guy :( I never even saw series 13 in the store and it was short lived on S@H.

Yup. That's the one. It's near my work so I go there a lot.

They had mountains of S12 around Christmas too. I watched as they slowly sold them all at a discount, and now they have ANOTHER mountain of them...

I don't know what the deal is. This store should be stocking Simpsons and yet they have this instead.

I didn't price check them. I'll do it on Monday. Report back if you swing by.

It's semi-near my office so I don't go there as much as I'd like to. It's about 20 mins round trip with brisk walking. Dang, I forgot I had plans after work so I can't go then.

What was the discounted price during Christmas?

Osahi

Did you get worried when you built the sign for the cinema? The way it pulled at the bricks until you "locked in" the other side really bothered me.

Just finished it. I don't really know what you mean by the tension thing? Didn't feel like anything was wrong building the sign, though the roof felt flimsy at times.

Love how this thing looks, allthough it was not the most fun build. Also, it kinda bothers me the Parisian Restaurant isn't aligned when you hook them together.

Rootbeer

Banned
Today I bought the LEGO Indominus set. Now the prowd owner of all the JW sets, whoohoo! Save for the Gamestop exclusive polybag... but I'll have that once the game is out.

It's semi-near my office so I don't go there as much as I'd like to. It's about 20 mins round trip with brisk walking. Dang, I forgot I had plans after work so I can't go then.

What was the discounted price during Christmas?

i am fairly certain i saw them for 1.95 or similar around that time. they had so many (more than the pic above, but not by much), that I felt they surely received them in error... and yet, here they go again with it so... who knows.

Any tips on feeling out the black & white space trooper guy from S13?

Yeah. the armor should be a dead giveaway. But don't mistake it for the samurai armor. you should feel both the armor (which is hallow inside so you can feel for the empty space) as well as a ROUND helmet. not a hair piece. it will be one of the heavier/fatter packs.

if you feel a hot dog guy, may as well buy that. A lot of boxes tend to have them missing since they are cool and are easy to feel for. Could make good trade bait down the road if you don't want it.

Any tips on feeling out the black & white space trooper guy from S13?

The armor piece is very bulky. You'll be able to eliminate a lot of packets quickly if they are "flattish". The helmet and/or the guns are good to confirm. After some practice you can tell just by the armor piece.

Rootbeer

Banned
Practice, practice, practice.

Learn to feel up those packs like your life depends on it.

It's a fun skill to develop. I've helped dozens of people find minifigs they are looking for in the process, too. From soccer moms to grandparents to kids to fellow geeks. You might be surprised at the conversations you'll strike up.

Rootbeer

Banned
So what's the deal with the 75095 Sith Infiltrator? Is it really coming out June 1st with the other SW sets? Why haven't good quality images of it found their way online yet when the others have?

Yeah. the armor should be a dead giveaway. But don't mistake it for the samurai armor. you should feel both the armor (which is hallow inside so you can feel for the empty space) as well as a ROUND helmet. not a hair piece. it will be one of the heavier/fatter packs.

if you feel a hot dog guy, may as well buy that. A lot of boxes tend to have them missing since they are cool and are easy to feel for. Could make good trade bait down the road if you don't want it.

The armor piece is very bulky. You'll be able to eliminate a lot of packets quickly if they are "flattish". The helmet and/or the guns are good to confirm. After some practice you can tell just by the armor piece.

Feel for the guns.

I've always felt for the smallest piece/accessory, easiest way to do it.
Thanks! Ya, I'd buy HDG too if I happen to feel that.

Although I hurt my back (again...) I managed to set up the shelf I had planned. Hopefully today I can start rearranging stuff to plan my future city. But yeah, another 2,5 m of shelf space!

Osahi

On my way home from the lego store withthe Detective's office. Saw the ferris wheel on display. What a beast! Unfortunatly it is just to big to fit any display place at home

Say, are there pics of the supposed successor of the Mini Cooper? Was it the Ferrari?

I remember hearing about a Ferrari but I don't believe we've seen anything yet.

I need to crack the Mini Cooper and build it. The Camper is one of my all time favorites.

On my way home from the lego store withthe Detective's office. Saw the ferris wheel on display. What a beast! Unfortunatly it is just to big to fit any display place at home

I am more excited about the ferris wheel than I have been for pretty much any set. I'm going all-in with the power functions and may do some aftermarket LEDs (a local store sells multiple varieties of them). My girls will play with it for hours. June 1st can't come soon enough.

Kito

Photo_10_05_2015_15_37_19.jpg

S12 also underperforming at my Tesco store. Boxes have been on the shelf since Feb, despite the half price offer. S13 sold out however. I even took the empty box home.

Osahi

I remember hearing about a Ferrari but I don't believe we've seen anything yet.

I need to crack the Mini Cooper and build it. The Camper is one of my all time favorites.

I am more excited about the ferris wheel than I have been for pretty much any set. I'm going all-in with the power functions and may do some aftermarket LEDs (a local store sells multiple varieties of them). My girls will play with it for hours. June 1st can't come soon enough.

Ferris wheel is available to vip members. Plenty of boxes in the store. Was really tempted,but i just can't place it anywhere good.

And the camper was my first expert set. So good.

Ferris wheel is available to vip members. Plenty of boxes in the store. Was really tempted,but i just can't place it anywhere good.

And the camper was my first expert set. So good.

I am holding off on all $75+ LEGO purchases so I can get a few Winter Soldiers. Will likely do the Tie, Ferris Wheel and maybe the Kwik-E-Mart.

Ponn

Banned
I was going to order the Ferris Wheel on June 1st because I REALLY want to put that sucker together and display it but my head is telling me to get the Mixer instead to be safe.

mojiimbo

New City, Agents, Creator, Mixels and Star Wars should be showing up at Lego stores now.

The new $120 City space shuttle just makes me bummed that I missed out on the last Creator one. :-/

Osahi

New City, Agents, Creator, Mixels and Star Wars should be showing up at Lego stores now.

The new $120 City space shuttle just makes me bummed that I missed out on the last Creator one. :-/

I had hoped they would have the Naboo Starfighter early today, but no such luck :( They did have some june 1st stuff like JW though

Rootbeer

Banned

Region?

My store in California doesn't have anything newer than the TIE. Just got off the phone with them.

I really hope they hold to the street date on most of these because I'm planning on going there on the 1st to get the promo minifig. I don't want to arrive there and have all the new sets already sold. Not cool.

I had hoped they would have the Naboo Starfighter early today, but no such luck :( They did have some june 1st stuff like JW though
Those are May 1st sets, at least for LEGO stores.

I'll try to get a couple too. Saving most of my purchases until June. I don't think the Winter Soldier will last more than a week.
Yeah it's probably going to be close to what happened with Revan. It could sellout in days. Better plan ahead and get however many you want within the first day, IMO.

I was going to order the Ferris Wheel on June 1st because I REALLY want to put that sucker together and display it but my head is telling me to get the Mixer instead to be safe.

That's a win/win scenerio. The Mixer was my favorite set of last year. It's great from start to finish.

I'm slowly opening and assembling my China order. I did have 1 last set arrive today. My fingers are really sore from squeezing on all those arms and hands. I think I'm past the half way point. Some real surprises in there so far. Galactus is as high a quality as anything I have ever seen.

Also, I have 65 Iron Man suits now. A handful of doubles of course, but the vast majority are unique.

I also grabbed Hulk Buster and the new Quinjet at Target :). I'll put those together tonight!

Ryuuroden

When is setup for the show? I'm catching a red eye out of O'Hare on the 19th and would love to come "help set up" for a sneak preview!

Pre convention stuff like workshops and all are June 17th to 19th but you still have to pay to get in for those parts. Deadline to pay is May 18th. You could do a all access registration for 50 dollars if you so wanted to.

mojiimbo

Region?

My store in California doesn't have anything newer than the TIE. Just got off the phone with them.

I really hope they hold to the street date on most of these because I'm planning on going there on the 1st to get the promo minifig. I don't want to arrive there and have all the new sets already sold. Not cool.
TX.

I believe all of this new wave of stuff(including Star Wars) was marked as "sell upon receipt." It's possible that they could have changed their mind since last week, though.

The store here had pretty much everything.

Rootbeer

Banned
TX.

I believe all of this new wave of stuff(including Star Wars) was marked as "sell upon receipt." It's possible that they could have changed their mind since last week, though.

The store here had pretty much everything.

Did they have 75096 Sith Infiltrator?

I've been wanting to see box/build pics and haven't found anything. But you can find lots of pics of some of the other new sets... trying to make certain it's actually coming out June 1st, because it's the set I want most if so.

There's even a post on eurobricks where someone claims to have seen it but "can't share pics" -- I'm getting paranoid :p Why is it so under wraps?

yes, i've seen the leaked prelims. I'm talking final

Ponn

Banned
That's a win/win scenerio. The Mixer was my favorite set of last year. It's great from start to finish.

I'm slowly opening and assembling my China order. I did have 1 last set arrive today. My fingers are really sore from squeezing on all those arms and hands. I think I'm past the half way point. Some real surprises in there so far. Galactus is as high a quality as anything I have ever seen.

Also, I have 65 Iron Man suits now. A handful of doubles of course, but the vast majority are unique.

I also grabbed Hulk Buster and the new Quinjet at Target :). I'll put those together tonight!

I'm playing a balancing act on a very limited budget right now trying to prioritize sets that may going OOP soon over sets i'm frothing at the mouth for. If I feel safe enough on the Mixer I may actually go for the Pet Shop instead. I think i'm going to pass some time and finally get around to building that Tony Stark Lab from Lego Club, I got the base plate and tiles I needed awhile ago. I want to get a pack of those Iron Man suits to fill it up with too.

That Hulk Buster set, I remember someone here calling it when it first popped up on Amazon for preorder to get it asap and they were right. I don't think i've caught it in stock at Amazon for more than 20 minutes.

Hulk Buster is

Maengun1

Finally got my Simpsons series 2 minifigs! Well most of them...grabbed 14 on this trip, excluding Marge and Homer. The new outfits are fine but they weren't high on my priority list and I can get them whenever. Would have skipped Lisa and Maggie but I needed those Santa's Little Helper/Snowball II pieces!

Gave Moleman a brown rod piece to use as a cane, he just looks weird to me without one. Has there ever been an actual walking cane piece by Lego? With a rounded top and all? I'm not aware of one existing offhand.

Selma and Patty's heads are enormous haha. Love the hair.

mojiimbo

Did they have 75096 Sith Infiltrator?

I've been wanting to see box/build pics and haven't found anything. But you can find lots of pics of some of the other new sets... trying to make certain it's actually coming out June 1st, because it's the set I want most if so.

There's even a post on eurobricks where someone claims to have seen it but "can't share pics" -- I'm getting paranoid :p Why is it so under wraps?

yes, i've seen the leaked prelims. I'm talking final
Darth Maul's ship? No, the biggest Star Wars set they had was that new gray Rebels ship with the weird scale and the red Mandalorian girl.

Ponn

Banned
Does anyone else still have all their mixels assembled? I didn't want to take up a whole shelf just for them so I they are kind of hanging out everywhere and i've lost track of them. I keep coming across some and don't even remember building them. I wonder if i'm starting to get mixeled out.

Does anyone else still have all their mixels assembled? I didn't want to take up a whole shelf just for them so I they are kind of hanging out everywhere and i've lost track of them. I keep coming across some and don't even remember building them. I wonder if i'm starting to get mixeled out.

I still haven't built all the series 4 Mixels I got the other month. I might be Mixel'd out as well. Right now I might just be going out of habit and getting them for parts packs. And they are an easy thing to get an entire series of.

onNYXMa.jpg

Not sold on the Mixer, but I do appreciate the design.

Good to hear about Galactus. That one is a must get for me.

I'll just leave this here for you, if you can see them.

LEGO is pumping out Mixels at 9 every 3 months. That's way too fast. I do like them. They are nice quick builds for a quick fix and I like them as parts packs. The fact that TRU even has the previous Mixels series on sale could be a sign interest is going down and/or people just didn't like the green Mixels in the last series.

Nice! Love how colorful they are. Seeing that helps renew my interest.

Mr. Infinite Money JANG found all the Summer sets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X37UP-SZF2o

From what I've heard, he makes a good living to begin with, and he probably gets a decent bit of extra cash from ad revenue. Maybe not enough to live on, but maybe enough to offset the cost of each review.

There's not really anything there that interests me but Jang has a tendency to make any Lego interesting.

Are the new City center set, the new Elves and Friends stuff not coming in June?

From what I've heard, he makes a good living to begin with, and he probably gets a decent bit of extra cash from ad revenue. Maybe not enough to live on, but maybe enough to offset the cost of each review.

There's not really anything there that interests me but Jang has a tendency to make any Lego interesting.

Are the new City center set, the new Elves and Friends stuff not coming in June?

If I remember correctly from his Q&A he was an engineer for a lot of Google stuff and worked on Windows. Also got in on the ground floor for Paypal systems so I imagine that he is quite rich. Especially given that he just got a new custom house built.

As for the summer stuff that interests me from I'm a sucker for Deep Sea Lego stuff since that was one of my first themes as a kid. Some of the Chima stuff looks cool. That's a line I've pretty much written off since its inception and I'm thinking of taking a second look to see if any of it has gotten better. Some of the Star Wars sets looks cool primarily the space ships and the Death Star Fight. Ultra Agents is something I've never really paid much attention to though it does seem cool. Much of the other stuff I need a closer look at before I make a decision. The City Space is a theme that should be resonating with me but nothing about it excites me for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom