• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Cap deserves a fully fledged helmet. LEGO doesn't know what they are doing. Flash got a helmet, Cap needs one too.

I'd love to see what spidey would look like with a smooth head too, although technically spider-man DOES wear hats sometimes so I'm trying to give them a pass (if I had it my way though, they'd do just what you suggested)

amazing-spider-man-2-stills-spidey-as-a-firefighter.jpg

Spidey with a stud on his head is fine. The entire face is covered by the mask, so it works. Now Cap needs a helmet piece like Flash got. It is the half covered face that makes me think that way. And on cap the stud on top looks stupid.

And I want my wings on the side of the helmet, dammit.

Oh man...the hair is perfect now for Doc Brown! Darn you LEGO! I already have the Back to Future set, yet I want that minifig just for the hair.

Looks like LEGO Dimensions will be a way to get some harder to get minifigs like Bane (I never thought we'd see that minifig in that style again).

I wonder if LEGO will ever retire the classic Superman and move to the non-"underwear" version in the current comics.

Compatibility chart? Sounds confusing.

I just watched the trailer on my computer so I could see it better, and man do I need that Sauron figure. And then when they showed a Mumakil, whoo boy!

Rootbeer

Banned
head stud aside, there is still no excuse for not giving us some variations on the spider-man printing. they could give us one with suit damage, or eye expressions like he does in the comics... infinite possibilities.

they were not shy about giving us ninja turtle variants, or batman variants, or variants of almost every other major character that's showed up more than a few times...

I know we are getting Miles but that's different. He's a totally different character.

3N16MA

Banned
Ignore modulars. If you're undecided that is a good enough reason to not start down that rabbit hole. Plus you'll already have missed a bunch of them. Yes they're nice sets,but so are lots of other ones. Go with the themes that really grab you and focus on those. As much as I love this thread, it is very easy for it to recommend buying everything.

I loved building the modulars, and even brick linked the pieces for one. But when my son grew out of lego and stopped letting me use his room to display modular street, I realised i had to choose between them or my big SW ships and expert creator stuff like VW Camper and tower bridge. The modulars lost, so now they're broken down and I'll probably sell them to fund more of what I really want.

I just got into Modulars with PS and it doesn't bother me that I missed a bunch. Sure, I would love to have the whole collection (they all look great so far) but I am happy building the ones available and will pick up the new releases as they happen. Might even Bricklink my own custom Green Grocer at some point.

For anyone just getting back into LEGO after being gone for a long while, it is difficult to get every set in a theme unless it was recently introduced.

I do agree that you should buy what you like and don't bother with sets you have mixed feelings about. It's easy to get caught up buying everything and then realize you really only want certain sets.

Fire Brigade's main floor is really annoying. It's way too deep so I can't get my giant hands in there when the hats fall off the frogs.

That was the biggest problem with Fire Brigade. And the support beams for the garage door get in the way if you try and reach in. I also had to finagle to stop the pole from being bent. The exterior of the first floor is great, and I love the details inside, but damn did they make it hard to mess with it once finished.

However, Fire Brigade is all about the second floor.

Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes

*sees yet another Aquaman fig*

why lord why?

I am now ready for Jurassic World sets.

ugh, belt was messed up by the polish remover.

Who asked for this?

WB/DC higher-ups

Hey, Aquaman will go great with all the new City diving sets!

Probably not LEGO. They don't make sets with just Aquaman. They have to throw in Batman or Robin.

I think the Aquaman minifig is awesome. But he's not that awesome that I want multiples of him.

I imagine there will be an underwater level in the game to merit having him. I think Aqualad or one of the other underwater heroes would have been better.

Ponn

Banned
Went with my heart guys, the Helicarrier is on its way. Going to order current mixels and new mixel tribes along with Ant-Man set on June 1st for Winter Soldier. Also got my Akro-mills sorter today. Looks pretty snazzy, like how it has the curves on the back if you wanted to hang it on a wall. I definitely think this is going to work for me if I get one more. Going to be sorting alllllllllll weekend.

Was anybody else somewhat disappointed with the 10240 Red Five X-Wing Starfighter?

I finished it up last weekend and aside from the (incredible) S foil action, the build experience was underwhelming. I found many of the connections felt weak and were often not "shored up" later in the build. I really love the lasers, but aside from those and the wing movement the rest feels very "blah". Ignoring the fact that I drastically screwed up the cockpit sticker (and subsequently cleaned the hatch and abandoned the idea of re-applying it), they clearly knew it was an issue since they included TWO canopy stickers in the box.

That having been said, I was down on the set by the time I got to the canopy but that sealed the deal.

After enjoying the Slave One & B-Wing UCS sets so much this was a surprise. Same designer?

Was anybody else somewhat disappointed with the 10240 Red Five X-Wing Starfighter?

I finished it up last weekend and aside from the (incredible) S foil action, the build experience was underwhelming. I found many of the connections felt weak and were often not "shored up" later in the build. I really love the lasers, but aside from those and the wing movement the rest feels very "blah". Ignoring the fact that I drastically screwed up the cockpit sticker (and subsequently cleaned the hatch and abandoned the idea of re-applying it), they clearly knew it was an issue since they included TWO canopy stickers in the box.

That having been said, I was down on the set by the time I got to the canopy but that sealed the deal.

After enjoying the Slave One & B-Wing UCS sets so much this was a surprise. Same designer?

I think this was my first UCS set so I had nothing to compare it with. I skipped the stickers entirely. It looks great on display though.

Ponn

Banned
Awesome. Buy what you really want and you will have no regrets.

Thanks, I have hobbies to try and help me with my mental, and now physical issues. I get to wrapped up though and compulsive about collecting though. Lego Dimensions is going to kill me.

ruxtpin

Banned
Went with my heart guys, the Helicarrier is on its way. Going to order current mixels and new mixel tribes along with Ant-Man set on June 1st for Winter Soldier. Also got my Akro-mills sorter today. Looks pretty snazzy, like how it has the curves on the back if you wanted to hang it on a wall. I definitely think this is going to work for me if I get one more. Going to be sorting alllllllllll weekend.

I built the Helicarrier a while back and loved it. For me it's one of those kickass display models, like the SSD.

I just watched that and it's going to be so hard to pass up. But I really wanted the HQ too, and ended up passing due to size and because I'm not going to play with it. So many cool sets in this line. Even the minifigs are extra amazing.

Man, the new hair for Doc Brown and even more packs planned I really want several of those minifgs. I have little to moderate interest in the game.

I wonder if will be a market where people can sell the RFID bases to people who care about the game and not so much (which I would find hard to believe) for the minifig. I definitely see a market for the minifigs being sold, just not so much the other way around.

Want! So sleek being all brick built. Nice use of skeleton legs in light bley. The build looks fun just looking at it.

wetwired

The parts for my x-files MOC that were previously stickers I decided to try getting them printed, not pad printed though, UV printed which is a bit cheaper, better for short runs like this. The print looks pretty good but is slightly raised off the surface unlike pad printing. Still pretty happy with it though.

x-filesA.jpg

x-filesB.jpg

x-filesC.jpg

x-filesD.jpg

I was surprised how much of the text is still legible

What's printed:

Mulder's Torso
Scully's Torso
The X-Files File Folders
Fox Mulder Desk Name Sign
ID Badges
Samantha Mulder Photo Frame (On the desk)
Fronts of Filing Cabinet Drawers

Remained Stickers (they went across multiple pieces):

Spaceman Poster
I Want to Believe Poster

Everything else is off the shelf LEGO parts

Edit> Forgot a pic, I like the aliens attack one, I think it's from alien conquest?

x-filesE.jpg

The parts for my x-files MOC that were previously stickers I decided to try getting them printed, not pad printed though, UV printed which is a bit cheaper, better for short runs like this. The print looks pretty good but is slightly raised off the surface unlike pad printing. Still pretty happy with it though.

x-filesA.jpg

x-filesB.jpg

x-filesC.jpg

x-filesD.jpg

I was surprised how much of the text is still legible

What's printed:

Mulder's Torso
Scully's Torso
The X-Files File Folders
Fox Mulder Desk Name Sign
ID Badges
Samantha Mulder Photo Frame (On the desk)
Fronts of Filing Cabinet Drawers

Remained Stickers (they went across multiple pieces):

Spaceman Poster
I Want to Believe Poster

Everything else is off the shelf LEGO parts

So cool!
I see another 10'000 votes coming your way.

Sold on Mulder's office there. 300 pieces or something with Mulder & Scully just as depicted with all the little printed pieces and goodies. 29.99! Count me in...

Sadly this has a ways to go before this could become a reality.

wetwired

Thanks guys, I need to take proper photos before I put it on ideas, these are just phone photos. I was surprised how well they turned out though just shining a lamp through the top windows.

I hope to do a forest scene too, not so much for the submission, just as a cool shot. Not sure if I have enough pieces though.

yup :)

I tried tons of techniques but nothing could make it small enough so I just stole the design from the simpsons house (I think it was on Bart's Desk)

Hot dog lamp technique is boss as hell. As is the entirety of that X-Files set. To the shock of nobody, you have another winner on your hands.

So how soon till it goes on Ideas? Better move quick so they can get it ready for the series return early next year. :)

On a different note, I started building the series 5 Mixels tonight. I didn't pay attention to the reveal of them that I know of, but how did I miss steampunk Mixels?! That is awesome. I think I need to add them to my airship.

Ponn

Banned
So they shipped my Helicarrier pretty damn fast, getting it tomorrow. Was going to spend all weekend sorting into my new drawers but i'm not sure i'm going to be able to do that with that big beautiful box staring at me. Also I lucked out with that set and today I got back from the doctor. I had a blackout spell a couple days ago and twisted my leg when I fell. I've been on crutches from the ER till I could see the orthopedic doctor today who says I have a torn meniscus something in my knee (my leg looks like popeye's arm) and I will have to have surgery in a couple weeks. My family was going on a vacation trip for memorial day weekend and since I couldn't go now and will be stuck home (putting together the beautiful helicarrier, boohoo) they chipped in and gave me enough money to get the Ferris Wheel. Which I will order on june 1st to get the sweet winter soldier figure.

*get my swagger on*

Moral of my story, tear your meniscus and get yourselves a Ferris Wheel.

*fine print: results may vary

wetwired

Hot dog lamp technique is boss as hell. As is the entirety of that X-Files set. To the shock of nobody, you have another winner on your hands.

So how soon till it goes on Ideas? Better move quick so they can get it ready for the series return early next year. :)

On a different note, I started building the series 5 Mixels tonight. I didn't pay attention to the reveal of them that I know of, but how did I miss steampunk Mixels?! That is awesome. I think I need to add them to my airship.

I was hoping to do a forest scene on the weekend and photograph it with dry ice for mist. I can't see myself having the time. So I was thinking get of just taking nice photos of what I have this weekend and uploading it maybe Sunday. What do you think? Is what I have enough for now? The forest scene I considered more of a thing to promote it and less a part of the main submission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom