• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Those are awesome!

I checked out his flickr feed and he has a lot of cool action shots.

17317306666_6b06ccca68_c.jpg

Playtime and Yoink! by ウィル, on Flickr

This one would have been better if he moved Quicksilver to the far left and behind the streak. Also would be cooler with trans pieces.
17362276865_d1081ef06f_c.jpg

Have a nice trip! by ウィル, on Flickr

EDIT:

LOL

Mad Mater by ウィル, on Flickr

Ponn

Banned
Bahaha, those are funny. Good excuse to just mess around and make insane stuff.

Ugh, 5 hours and I just finished the number 3 bags (they have multiples). I have no idea how people do these UCS things in one sitting. Going to have a chicken salad samwich and then jump back in - HAIL HYDRA!

I'm going back and building some of my backlog. The Galaxy Squad sets are fantastic fun so far. I have one more set to complete and then it's onto Agents.

Just built Pre Visla's Mandalorian Fighter. Found it at a convention in Houston called Comicpalooza. Beautiful set. I love it, and how it has a lot of posability (which is pretty unique for a vehicle). Pretty good build too. Its the type of set that's great for display. Also even though its a $40 set it looks like a $70 set due to how large the wings are which is nice.

Toxi

Banned
After watching Mad Max Fury Road last night, those MOCs are dead-on. Love the various ways the builder did the spikes, including using the rubber spines from the old Maxilos and Spinax set.

Love the brick built dragon from 70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon.

I finally built 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit, well just the cop car. It is FANTASTIC!!! I like the sleek look. It was a fun build with some interesting techniques. I highly recommend it.

Love the brick built dragon from 70736 Attack of the Morro Dragon.

I finally built 70802 Bad Cop's Pursuit, well just the cop car. It is FANTASTIC!!! I like the sleek look. It was a fun build with some interesting techniques. I highly recommend it.

Yes! I got this set a year ago JUST for the cop car as well. It's still displayed somewhere in my Lego attic. I always meant to grab the Dropship as well for a nice futuristic metropolitan setup but it never dropped in price (no pun intended) so....

Yes! I got this set a year ago JUST for the cop car as well. It's still displayed somewhere in my Lego attic. I always meant to grab the Dropship as well for a nice futuristic metropolitan setup but it never dropped in price (no pun intended) so....

I can't stop swooshing the cop car. :) I think it needs to stop a flying DeLorean that just sped by. The dropship looks great too. I have it in my backlog.
I'm surprised the robot police minifigs aren't in too high of a demand or maybe the supply is just a lot.

I bought a bunch of these polybags which I think looks sleek for the few pieces they used.
30282 Super Secret Police Enforcer polybag

They still go for around MSRP price new/sealed on BrickLink. http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=123591
No worries as I like it when I can get minfigs I like for very good prices.

Sigh...

So i just ordered the Tie Advance Prototype since it was 20% off and i threw in Infearno Interception as well since the damn thing NEVER EVER goes on sale (EU) so i figured what the hell right?

Can't wait to build em both, been looking forward to these bad boys for a while now :)

Check your local Lego Stores, we were actually told by corporate to break the street dates on pretty much all the June 1st sets. YMMV of course but it's worth calling around.

The new Creator jet is SLICK. Seasons house is pretty cool too and it comes with a light brick!! Don't know how I missed that before.

Death Star Final Duel looks very cool. Really wanna check out the new Vader helmet.

City sets all look nice but I still think that $120 for the big ~580 piece Space set is fucking inexcusable robbery.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Which set contains the hooded Wyldstyle from that Mad Max pic?

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Spent my evening creating this space fighter. I'm quite new to the MOC-game, but I'm really happy with this result. I'm a graphic designer, so color is important for me, and I'm particularly proud of that aspect. The pearl gold with the dark red and white just gives off this classy vibe, love it.

You can recognize a lot of parts from the latest A-Wing, which is a small set I really enjoy. All the stickers from the A-Wing are still in place, which helps give it some welcome texture.

yuX12ML.jpg

lkXeZIc.jpg

I'll try to take some better pictures tomorrow (the light is crap here).

Kitsuné;165056172 said:
Spent my evening creating this space fighter. I'm quite new to the MOC-game, but I'm really happy with this result. I'm a graphic designer, so color is important for me, and I'm particularly proud of that aspect. The pearl gold with the dark red and white just gives off this classy vibe, love it.

You can recognize a lot of parts from the latest A-Wing, which is a small set I really enjoy. All the stickers from the A-Wing are still in place, which helps give it some welcome texture.

yuX12ML.jpg

lkXeZIc.jpg

Sexy! Keep up the great work.

Ryuuroden

So, I am considering building a brick built Giant Eagle to mount near the top of Orthanc in a fly by. Going to make it the size they were in the film when compared to the minifig scale. I know there was an eagle creator set but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for design, I am all ears.

Spent the last two days making the mountain goat--err, the Mako-- from Mass Effect:

I tried to build it within the Ideas boundaries, in case I put it on there. It has ~560 pieces, six-wheel independent suspension via rubberbands, room inside for the 3 figs + their weapons, hair for each, and a bonus femshep head+hair. It's only Ashley and Kaiden as the squad because my spacebros Garrus and Wrex would never be allowed. :(

I think it would hold up in reality, but you can never know until it's built. I wish I knew had to add custom decals in LDD or had the parts/money to build it IRL and make my own stickers for it.

Kitsuné;165056172 said:

yuX12ML.jpg

That is great if that is one of your first MOCs. It looks very swooshable.
I'm a huge fan of dark colors. Dark red, dark blue, dark tan, etc. The darker colors I think give MOCs a more mature or grittier feel as opposed to just using primary colors.

So, I am considering building a brick built Giant Eagle to mount near the top of Orthanc in a fly by. Going to make it the size they were in the film when compared to the minifig scale. I know there was an eagle creator set but if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for design, I am all ears.

Chima Phoenix!

I'm a huge fan of dark colors. Dark red, dark blue, dark tan, etc. The darker colors I think give MOCs a more mature or grittier feel as opposed to just using primary colors.

And the gold pieces always add a great accent to sets when combined with other dark colors. I spammed the gold stuff so hard on my airship because of how great it looks.

Ponn

Banned

As a joke you should make it the parrot set instead.

Lego S@H has the current mixels $1 off. They are already getting rid of them, seems fast

Rootbeer

Banned
Woo, finally just one more week until June 1st!

Frustrating seeing so many sets pop up at TRU and not wanting to buy them there since I get not no VIP points ;)

And some of them you can't price match becuase they aren't all listed for sale on other sites yet. Best to just wait.

I'm excited though!

Man, I can't wait for the Imperial Shuttle. We don't normally get sets in store until weeks after they are on the Lego site, so I'll be putting an order in straight away.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
Like a few other people here, I stumbled across the latest wave of Mixels at Toys R Us the other day. So it's time for some pics!

CkwwAW0.jpg

Frosticons - Krog, Snoof, and Chilbo
Out of all the series 5 Mixels, Krog is probably my favorite. I'm a sucker for Mixels with articulated mouths. They just lend themselves to a wide range of goofy expressions, and Krog's big mouth and crazy eye are pretty darn goofy. Snoof is a bit of a disappointment. I can see what they were going for--some sort of rocket-propelled sled dude--but the execution is a bit off. I think the problem is his disappointing head, especially the weak cheese wedge for an eyebrow.

b8Pow2I.jpg

Klinkers - Kamzo, Jinky, and Gox
As a group, the Klinkers are my favorites. The clockwork/steampunk aesthetic isn't something you really see in many official LEGO sets, so that certainly helps them stand out. Beyond that, though, all three of these guys are bursting with personality. Out of the three, Gox is my favorite with this spider legs, chunky fingers, and golden mustache, but they're all pretty great.

L1uA5zH.jpg

Lixers - Turg, Tungster, and Spugg
I love the Lixers color scheme and their tongue theme is pretty good, but they might be my least favorite set out of series 5. Spugg's spinning head is fun and Turg's tail-like tongue is fantastic. Tungster would have benefited from a longer tongue with an extra hinge in it, though, if you ask me. My beef with these guys is that none of their arms and legs really lend themselves to interesting poses. They're still fun figures, but better limbs would have put them over the top.

PM me if you want a free* copy of Brick City: Lego for Grown-ups? Someone got me a copy but I bought it at Brick 2014. The copy below is new form Amazon.

It's hardback and actual copy shown below.

*Postage
UK postage:
Your choice to either cover actual cost of postage (I can post out on Wednesday) or send me a complete/sealed Simpsons CMF Series 2 Dr Hibbert and I will cover postage.

International postage:
Happy to post outside of UK but as above unless postage is silly high in which case you can choose to cover all or part with Dr Hibbert.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm... been thinking of getting Ideas Birds too if I have some spare cash when I buy Parisian Restaurant. How tall is the Birds set?

Also are the architecture series good for display?

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?

Thanks! I only started getting serious with LEGO in March, and I didn't have enough bricks to make something interesting until now. So this is my first big (well ... not that big) MOC. I have an arts/graphic design background, so I'm used to playing with shapes and color. Just not with bricks until now :)

The darker colors are indeed a blessing. Thanks to some Star Wars sets I now have a sizable collection of dark reds, but I really want some more dark blues now. Both look amazing with pearl gold.

Here's some better pictures of the spaceship:

0134Too.jpg

RAotMoe.jpg

ytZXbG3.jpg

IBUMEnY.jpg

gvze5vS.jpg

Hmm... been thinking of getting Ideas Birds too if I have some spare cash when I buy Parisian Restaurant. How tall is the Birds set?

There are a few Architecture sets that I think display very well. I have the Farnsworth House and it's one of my favorite display pieces. I'm going to pick up the Flatiron building as it looks interesting as well.

The Birds are a terrific set. I would highly recommend getting it. Regarding their size, this is taken from brickset.com:

Blue Jay stands over 7” (18cm) tall on its stand
Hummingbird stands over 5” (15cm) tall on its stand
Robin stands over 6” (17cm) tall on its stand

Fxp

Is there a way to sort My Wanted List->By Shop->By price at Bricklink> I'm buying missing Series 12 minifigs and got like 100 shops with minifigs I need.

Kitsuné;165056172 said:

That looks fantastic. Love the use of those gold pieces running along the cockpit.

Is there a way to sort My Wanted List->By Shop->By price at Bricklink> I'm buying missing Series 12 minifigs and got like 100 shops with minifigs I need.

Not that I know of, but you can set a max (reasonable) price and sort by shop and see how many qualify.

Ponn

Banned
Finished Project Insight today.

Sorry about pics, I don't know why some came out blurry while some didn't, no matter what phone i get the camera always sucks.

The microbuilds were indeed pretty neat to build and really adds some life to it as a display piece instead of just being a ship sitting there. There were some really neat building techniques, some ive seen before and some I haven't and alot of mix. There was some "Why am I building this part here" then two bags later building something else "ohhhhh that's why that part was built earlier into the frame". The turbo fans were really cool to build and very interesting how they all came together including the whole gear mechanism. I was just really blown away about how intricate the gear system can be with Lego and how this all came together and worked through just one lever. Just really amazing to me.

The nanofigures are TINY, that cannot be understated, just so so tiny. I'm afraid to put them inside bridge area and lose them forever. They are really cool though and I hope they use them in the future. I'm really disappointed in them not including nanofigures of Black Widow or especially Maria Hill. i see no point in doing that. Speaking about mini figs it's really nice to get Maria Hill and Nick Fury is almost a given but the others being available in other sets (except for Cap with hair) seems pointless. I would have much rather had a Coulson fig and maybe like 2 or 4 Shield agents.

During the build and after I was really thinking about the price because that seems to be a sticking point with people. I put it into perspective with other UCS sets. Mini-figs usually aren't a given or draw with UCS sets from what i've seen (Tie Fighter, Red Five, Slave 1, Tumbler) so I think the fig count is ok, the stand for them is nice and the Nanofigs are really good and something new so thats a plus for me. As for the price per piece ratio being a licensed set and there being quite a few bigger pieces and being printed i'm not as down on that as i was feeling before. Plus again looking at other UCS sets the price per piece ratio isn't always very great to begin with. Overall I really love this set and it will be a centerpiece of my collection.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I bought the birds but haven't built them yet. I really liked the eagle, and these look great too. Also bought the
UN headquarters architecture set as I think it suits the micro scale well. I already have Big Ben which I modded, and the flatiron building looks nice too. I'd love farnsworth and fallingwater, but a bit expensive for an impulse buy, and I'd need to make space somewhere to display them

Edit: are farnsworth/fallingwater out of production now? Arse.

Ryuuroden

I bought the birds but haven't built them yet. I really liked the eagle, and these look great too. Also bought the
UN headquarters architecture set as I think it suits the micro scale well. I already have Big Ben which I modded, and the flatiron building looks nice too. I'd love farnsworth and fallingwater, but a bit expensive for an impulse buy, and I'd need to make space somewhere to display them

Edit: are farnsworth/fallingwater out of production now? Arse.

I got Fallingwater last month for 25 dollars :D. Good ol' estate auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom