• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Force Awakens set isn't screaming out to me. I might be lucky enough to dodge that one. I'll probably have to see the ship in action before I think about getting it. Now I need to see the rest of the ships.

woodypop

A while back someone posted pictures of the TIE Advance Prototype that they combined with Vader's TIE Advance. Can someone link me to that post? I can't seem to find it. ;_;

(One of my coworkers is interested in doing the same thing with his sets.)

Fowler

The Force Awakens set isn't screaming out to me. I might be lucky enough to dodge that one. I'll probably have to see the ship in action before I think about getting it. Now I need to see the rest of the ships.

That's the thing, though. It doesn't scream out to me, either. But once the movie is out? I'll probably head straight for the store to buy it.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Cheers, I probably wouldn't sell instructions though, I'd just make it up in LDD or something

Ah, gotcha - would love to see. Saw what you said about waiting to sell X-Files designs, makes sense, but I'm ready for whenever you get to it! Am a tragic old school X-phile so willing to stump up.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Just bought the Ninjago 70754 Electromech, was a steal at only €10. Neat little mech, great pose-ability. Those rotating blades on the back can give a some great personality. And a nice way to add some gold and dark blue bricks to my inventory!

That's the thing, though. It doesn't scream out to me, either. But once the movie is out? I'll probably head straight for the store to buy it.

The movie will be the best thing and worst thing at the same time. So much merchandise will need to be bought. My wife will hate me. :)

wetwired

Ah, gotcha - would love to see. Saw what you said about waiting to sell X-Files designs, makes sense, but I'm ready for whenever you get to it! Am a tragic old school X-phile so willing to stump up.
Same. I was obsessed with the show when it first aired up until around season 6. It was sad, I even went to some local nightclub dressed as an Fbi agent for an X-Files themed night they were having around the time the first movie came out. Me and my friend were the only 2 in costume :/

Also I've been using the handle wetwired since the episode of the same name aired! Before that I was MF Luder

Ponn

Banned
I got the new Lego catalog today and I noticed something interesting. It may or may not mean anything but I noticed they still had the Pet Shop advertised with the modulars but they didn't have the Parisian Restaurant. Hmmmm.

I got the new Lego catalog today and I noticed something interesting. It may or may not mean anything but I noticed they still had the Pet Shop advertised with the modulars but they didn't have the Parisian Restaurant. Hmmmm.

That seems crazy. FB was in the catalog forever but are you sure PR isn't in there? That has to be an oversight. The critical reception & its price point are sure winners.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Was it a full catalogue? Sometimes I get what looks like a more seasonal one, with certain lines not given as much space, and not featuring all the available models.

robochimp

A while back someone posted pictures of the TIE Advance Prototype that they combined with Vader's TIE Advance. Can someone link me to that post? I can't seem to find it. ;_;

(One of my coworkers is interested in doing the same thing with his sets.)

Here are my pics

zgqYA44.jpg

XKcRX1r.jpg

26eFW3d.jpg

robochimp

The wings are asymmetrical :/
The gray plates near the hull attachment point? One wing has two plates stacked straight, the other one has the them offset.

And?

The wing connections are the only tricky part as they're completely different between the two ships, I worked with what I had.

I knew that would be it. Everything else is way too complex, I doubt LEGO would ever do an ideas set that would be over $60-$70.

It also sounds like they're in talks with the Star Citizen devs, but no agreement has been made yet.

I'll predict the next 2 sets will be Science Adventures and Golden Girls, maybe the T-Rex if the piece-count isn't too high and since it's not attached to a license.

Well as I suspected X-files was rejected from ideas for not being a content fit with LEGOs brand.

I'm tempted to use this as excuse to get into 3rd party custom minifigs, something I've always wanted to take a shot at.

I'm thinking a bundle with Mulder, Scully, each with the FBI ID badges and an "x-file" each (samanatha for mulder, duane barry for scully) A 3rd party flashlight and pistol each for them. Do you guys think that would sell? and what would you expect to pay for something like that?

I would totally buy that set if you can make it. Just let me know where to send the money. :)

Ponn

Banned
Was it a full catalogue? Sometimes I get what looks like a more seasonal one, with certain lines not given as much space, and not featuring all the available models.

That seems crazy. FB was in the catalog forever but are you sure PR isn't in there? That has to be an oversight. The critical reception & its price point are sure winners.

Sorry I had to go to sleep early (for me) and had physical therapy this morning. Yea it's the summer catalog with the ferris wheel on the cover. I only get one every season or 2-3 months so I don't know if there is a bigger one or not, I haven't seen one. I double checked and yea no Parisian Restaurant anywhere. Has all the new June sets, still has Camper Van listed to and mini cooper. All current sets that I know of. Anyways, ,thought it was weird but may not mean anything except maybe the Pet Shop will be around a little longer. I would figure it would go Pet Shop then Palace Cinema then Parisian Restaurant.

That Space Port looks like an even worse deal in print. I don't know what they were thinking with that set.

Toxi

Banned
Kinda hoping for the 1969 Corvette, even though it will likely not happen with such a high price count. I need more fancy lego cars.

EDIT: 1500 pieces. That seems too high. :(

It's also one of the few realistic builds. Seriously, people need to stop putting these 3000 piece fanwank builds on there. Lego isn't going to produce your $500 monstrosity just because 10000 people kind of want it (and probably told Lego they would pay $100 for it). If there was a market for a huge set like that, they probably already have plans for it.

Woorloog

Banned
EDIT Lego ideas: Interesting how the Hornet is still in consideration. Could this mean they're discussing licensing with the Star Citizen developer?

And?

The wing connections are the only tricky part as they're completely different between the two ships, I worked with what I had.

Off-set wrong way in one wing. Looks like it could be easily modified to be symmetrical.
You can see it in the first and last pic. Left/port front wing gray plates extend two studs and are aligned. Right/starboard front wing has the equivalent plates differently, the upper one extends two studs while the lower one extends only one stud.
And the order is reversed in the rear wings.

Don't get me wrong, the mod looks real nice otherwise. But small... errors... look so... terrible.

Maengun1

Nooo, classic Jurassic Park rejected! Figured though, just the minifigs and the Jeep would be about a 50 dollar set, then the T-Rex and the Gate are like an extra 500 pieces each, lol. They could always surprise us with JP1 sets on their own...I mean it is included in the video game coming up.

The labyrinth maze is cool, but not something I'll probably pick up myself.

Hoping for the Titanic or Golden Girls next round!

robochimp

Off-set wrong way in one wing. Looks like it could be easily modified to be symmetrical.
You can see it in the first and last pic. Left/port front wing gray plates extend two studs and are aligned. Right/starboard front wing has the equivalent plates differently, the upper one extends two studs while the lower one extends only one stud.
And the order is reversed in the rear wings.

Don't get me wrong, the mod looks real nice otherwise. But small... errors... look so... terrible.

They're not really errors when I simply don't have the same pieces available.

Woorloog

Banned
They're not really errors when I simply don't have the same pieces available.

Huh. It looks like it could be solved with some changes but you do know better.
Too bad you don't have the parts, because the mod is really good.
Such a great looking Star Wars fighter that TIE Advanced.

wetwired

So I got an email this morning from Gillian Anderson's people, asking if I'd submitted it to Ideas, I replied and said I had but it had been rejected. Their response was "Gillian requests that you ask them again" haha, if only it worked like that.

I did say I'd send her a minifig of her and mulder (I made duplicates), Hopefully she posts a photo of her with it and duchovny in character on the set, that would make my day.

So I got an email this morning from Gillian Anderson's people, asking if I'd submitted it to Ideas, I replied and said I had but it had been rejected. Their response was "Gillian requests that you ask them again" haha, if only it worked like that.

I did say I'd send her a minifig of her and mulder (I made duplicates), Hopefully she posts a photo of her with it and duchovny in character on the set, that would make my day.

Damn. That is awesome.

Of course, how do you know the "ask them again" thing isn't code for Duchovny and Anderson talked to LEGO to force it through?
Also, how did she know about it? Did you send it to her agent or something?

wetwired

Damn. That is awesome.

Of course, how do you know the "ask them again" thing isn't code for Duchovny and Anderson talked to LEGO to force it through?
Also, how did she know about it? Did you send it to her agent or something?

no idea, it's been posted on gizmodo and a couple of other sites so maybe that's how

It was worth it just for that alone. Amazing.

Didn't she have a blog a few years ago that heavily featured a Scully action figure? I may be confusing her with someone else.

wetwired

It was worth it just for that alone. Amazing.

Didn't she have a blog a few years ago that heavily featured a Scully action figure? I may be confusing her with someone else.

That reminds me of those McFarlane Toys figures from when the first movie came out.

Yeah not sure, I used to have those Mcfarlane toys. There's a guy on reddit x-files sub who has them and a detailed mulder's office diorama that posts pics all the time

This is amazing. I would definitely go back to Lego and copy them into the email from Gillian's people. You just never know.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars

Hah, that's great.

Kyari

I didn't realise the new summer superhero sets were out, Miles Morales is mine! The Joker/Teen Titans set looks cool but it's a little pricey for me right now. Where is our Raven minifig? :(

This leads me to question why the heck LEGO City theme doesn't have sets like that?

I will definitely get Grand hotel and probably swap out the "Friends" colors with more standard colors. I've been on the fence with the Friends houses (which are great, but the colors turn me off a bit). But this Grand Hotel is a must get.

EDIT: The Grand Hotel set cries out that multiples of it can be bought to expand the hotel. I think 4x minimum. :) Add LOT of white bricks, and one can convert it into a modular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom