• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really liking that new ninjago stuff, mainly the dragons and mechs. The colors for everything are very nice, as well.

The Morrow Dragon's dark blue and bright green remind me of the blue + green excitebike stage for the NES. :p

Rootbeer

Banned
Trickster minifig, leaked ages ago:

xTyprcj.jpg

It will be included with the upcoming Attack of the Legion of Doom dvd/brd

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=24772

3N16MA

Banned
So I got an email this morning from Gillian Anderson's people, asking if I'd submitted it to Ideas, I replied and said I had but it had been rejected. Their response was "Gillian requests that you ask them again" haha, if only it worked like that.

I did say I'd send her a minifig of her and mulder (I made duplicates), Hopefully she posts a photo of her with it and duchovny in character on the set, that would make my day.

That is great.

Too bad about Ideas rejecting the set. I'm a huge X-Files fan and and your set would have been an instant buy if it made it to production.

wetwired

So my venture into custom minifigs has begun. On thursday I decided I'd do a small test run, classic spacemen in different colours, starting with 20 each of these colours.

spacemen.jpg

Then on friday based on the reaction from X-files stuff I figured fuck it, I'd do them too, 200 Mulders and 200 Scullys. Lots of money later...

hair.jpg

Ponn

Banned
The Flash Season 1 BluRay/DVD of course! :)

That would be wonderful, but I don't see it happening. I'm seeing Lego Dimensions as more of a conduit for them to get out obscure figures they might have trouble putting into sets.

i put the Glowkies together tonight. I absolutely love these guys. They look awesome and the glow effect is just enough to make them look creepy for a couple minutes after turning the lights out. I may have to get another set of them and play around with them for Halloween.

Kyari

Man I totally forgot about the thread conversation we had about custom classic space minifigure colours. That was so long ago!

wetwired

Man I totally forgot about the thread conversation we had about custom classic space minifigure colours. That was so long ago!

tell me about it, I don't think I filled you guys in on what happened with that..

So I did the design up (recreated it from scratch in illustrator) priced a heap of parts and got rough numbers from some people to see if I'd have enough to make it worthwhile, and also which colours were popular and the most affordable (some parts aren't available in bulk for example)

I sorted all that and deemed it worthwhile, got a short list of colours etc. I found a localish printed and sent him some blank torsos along with a exosuit green spaceman torso to use for a colour matching sample as well as position reference.

He confirmed he received them and I said as soon as you're ready to go let me know and I'll send money. He didn't reply for about a month, I followed up again, no reply, and again, no reply.

So he's disappeared off the face of the earth taking my spaceman torso with him but thankfully I never paid anything. Everything was waiting on that which fell through. The X-files ones I printed were through someone else as a test run, worked out well so now I can move forward with the classic spacemen and x-files as well.

So my venture into custom minifigs has begun. On thursday I decided I'd do a small test run, classic spacemen in different colours, starting with 20 each of these colours.

spacemen.jpg

Then on friday based on the reaction from X-files stuff I figured fuck it, I'd do them too, 200 Mulders and 200 Scullys. Lots of money later...

hair.jpg

I'm in with the classic space minifigs.

LEGO Avengers pre-order bonus revealed.

And it's awesome

20150529_202822 by Matt Rickerd, on Flickr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN-twj99GuU

Dat side printing on legs/arms

That's a new mould right? It looks like two different colors (silver and dark red) used.
It almost looks like that is a tile on his chest, but that's too small for a 2x2 and looks too big for a 1x1 tile.

At first I thought it was this, but it's very different.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?M=col166

Rootbeer

Banned
Sigh. Silver Centurian armor? I need to buy the game then.

I know I will be!

Also now that the 3DS/Vita versions are 29.99 (at least it was for Jurassic World), the barrier of entry to get the pre-order bonus is not that bad.

Course, I'll be getting it on PS4 because the console/pc versions tend to be much fuller experiences.

I must have missed this but...there's gonna be an actual Lego Avengers game? Ugh they really are milking that franchise dry aren't they? I mean wouldn't Lego Marvel cover most of the stuff there?

Also: Will this game follow the first two movies and then what about the third one that isn't even out?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So I'm watching ashens's fake lego videos

whoa, I thought only Chinese had knock off products, apparently you got various European lego knockoffs

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars

whoa, I thought only Chinese had knock off products, apparently you got various European lego knockoffs

And they've started cropping up in different shops in the UK too - I keep taking random pictures of them when I spot them, keep meaning to put a tumblr or imgur of them all together as some are awful.

I must have missed this but...there's gonna be an actual Lego Avengers game? Ugh they really are milking that franchise dry aren't they? I mean wouldn't Lego Marvel cover most of the stuff there?

Also: Will this game follow the first two movies and then what about the third one that isn't even out?

This one follows 1 & 2, and if they do another I imagine it would cover Infinity War part 1 and 2.

This one follows 1 & 2, and if they do another I imagine it would cover Infinity War part 1 and 2.

So there is not another Avengers movie confirmed yet for it to form some sort of "trilogy" then? Good, else we'd have ourselves another Lego Hobbit situation on our hands where TT releases a game with the last part missing...

Also: If they can do the Marvel milking the way they do, i demand my Justice League game damnit!!!

So there is not another Avengers movie confirmed yet for it to form some sort of "trilogy" then? Good, else we'd have ourselves another Lego Hobbit situation on our hands where TT releases a game with the last part missing...

Also: If they can do the Marvel milking the way they do, i demand my Justice League game damnit!!!

Well, the Avengers trilogy is: A1, Ultron, and Infinity War; just that the 3rd part is split into 2 parts. I'm guessing they didn't want to didn't want to wait however many years until IW finishes to put out a game.

Sigh, i guess i will get suckered into buying whatever TT puts out anyways... Just the amount of my LEGO games backlog is staggering enough, not to speak of the rest of regular games backlog or Lego sets to build etc. :(

Ponn

Banned
I havent collected Ninjago at all but i think im going to have to get all these new sets. Those dragons, ghost fig pieces and colors are just top notch.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
After buying several smaller sets ( < €100 ) per month for the last half year I think I'm ready for my first big LEGO purchase ... and I need some advice. I'm particularly hesitating between the Slave-1 and the Sea Cow. They both seem like great value, and great for MOCing. Slave-1 has some nice dark red and dark green pieces for spaceships and such, while the Sea Cow seems great for steampunk MOCs... Anyone care to give some advice? Which one will go OOP first do you think? Probably the Sea Cow I guess?

Other than that I'm probably going to get some of those Ninjago sets over the summer. The theme has really grown on me fast, and the colors of the new wave look amazing. And I'm also eyeing the Tydirium... Still need to find some budget for that... *Palpatine.gif*

Kitsuné;165783893 said:
After buying several smaller sets ( < €100 ) per month for the last half year I think I'm ready for my first big LEGO purchase ... and I need some advice. I'm particularly hesitating between the Slave-1 and the Sea Cow. They both seem like great value, and great for MOCing. Slave-1 has some nice dark red and dark green pieces for spaceships and such, while the Sea Cow seems great for steampunk MOCs... Anyone care to give some advice? Which one will go OOP first do you think? Probably the Sea Cow I guess?

Other than that I'm probably going to get some of those Ninjago sets over the summer. The theme has really grown on me fast, and the colors of the new wave look amazing. And I'm also eyeing the Tydirium... Still need to find some budget for that... *Palpatine.gif*

I bet that the Sea Cow doesn't last past 2014. It is a huge box and I would be surprised if it moves as many copies as licensed sets in that price range. Pure speculation though.

The folks that have it in this thread all love it. Similar for Slave One (I have it and concur), but I can't compare the two.

Ponn

Banned
Kitsuné;165783893 said:

YARRRRR! 2 shark fins up. Won't even fit into the camera frame. So many great building sections, especially the back cabins. Tons of great pieces for MOCing if you ever one day decide to disassemble it.

I've been out of the Lego game for years but when I walked into a store today, I saw this

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/The-Tumbler-76023?p=76023&track=checkprice

I didn't want to leave the store without it. I left and walked around the mall trying to make a decision. I was mad when I missed the first one. Is it worth it gaf?

The price tag is gonna hurt...ALOT

Really cool build, and it looks awesome when done. However, it is incredibly fragile in many surface detail areas. That is the biggest knock against it.

Kitsuné;165783893 said:

Sea Cow was my favorite set of 2014. Just awesome from beginning to end. I want to take it apart for MOC parts but don't have the heart to do it yet.

ruxtpin

Banned
Does anyone have or know of a place that would provide a comprehensive list of figures being released w/ games and/or DVDs. We got that trickster fig coming out with a new cartoon movie, the one with the avengers game, the wu/raptor with Jurassic World game (depending on where you order). Any I'm missing atm?

Kyari

tell me about it, I don't think I filled you guys in on what happened with that..

So I did the design up (recreated it from scratch in illustrator) priced a heap of parts and got rough numbers from some people to see if I'd have enough to make it worthwhile, and also which colours were popular and the most affordable (some parts aren't available in bulk for example)

I sorted all that and deemed it worthwhile, got a short list of colours etc. I found a localish printed and sent him some blank torsos along with a exosuit green spaceman torso to use for a colour matching sample as well as position reference.

He confirmed he received them and I said as soon as you're ready to go let me know and I'll send money. He didn't reply for about a month, I followed up again, no reply, and again, no reply.

So he's disappeared off the face of the earth taking my spaceman torso with him but thankfully I never paid anything. Everything was waiting on that which fell through. The X-files ones I printed were through someone else as a test run, worked out well so now I can move forward with the classic spacemen and x-files as well.

Augh that sucks dude, and losing that spaceman torso is adding insult to injury! I totally forgot how super nice some of those colours look on the classic spacemen though, I really wish they'd make more classic space men stuff akin to the exo suit.

On a totally unrelated note legogaf friends, I think I'm slowly getting back in on this.
Its no secret to you all that I'm primarily in on the Superheroes sets, but having not bought anything since the new year, I've since shaken this off.

As mentioned earlier, I picked up the Miles Morales Spider-Man vs Carnage set, which is a neat little build (if somewhat pricey with that extra licensing cost on top).
The hover copter looks cool, but because of how its angled there's no way to really balance it upright without it falling over or sitting at an angle.

Honestly for me the high point is the generic SHIELD Agent that comes with it. I wish they had a troop building set with some of these guys (and/or gals), because I would totally love to have a squad of them but I'm not really in the market for buying multiple versions of this set unless I got it on clearance at some point. Could have done with a second SHIELD Agent just to give the set a little more value. Also, no webbing accessory for Miles is kind of weird.

Miles is a solid figure, the back print stands out as super nice to me for some reason.
Carnage is a cool minifigure that is flawed in Lego's unwillingness to cast the parts used to hold his tentacles on in red. For anyone that has Venom, you'll recognised the same setup of neck peg holding back accessory that holds 4 recoloured vines (thankfully at least these are in red), but the actual piece that holds the tentacles together is still in the same black that Venom's was in.
Also even though the tentacle back acessory obscures it, Carnage does have a nice back print.

I also spotted the Justice League vs Bizarro League bluray reduced on sale at a local supermarket and picked that up today mostly for Batzarro, so I am pretty happy with that :D

Oh crap, I just realized my local mall in Frisco TX is hosting the Lego Americana Tour.

I'll try to post some photos when I got, that scale lego model of the white house and statue of liberty looks rad.

Which ones are European knockoffs? There is a difference between knockoffs and clones in my definitions.
In my view, clones are legal as many of LEGO patents for bricks have expired. They do not make exact copies of sets and use IPs only when they have legal licenses to do so. Knockoffs/bootlegs IMO copy set designs, graphics, and IPs without permission. To me there is some illegal aspect to knockoff/bootleg bricks.

Cobi (Poland) and Best-Lock (England) are the European clone brands that stick in my head. They have merged though. Korea has Oxford which I've heard is pretty good quality. I think Oxford makes the bricks for Kreo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_clone

kitzkozan

I bet that the Sea Cow doesn't last past 2014. It is a huge box and I would be surprised if it moves as many copies as licensed sets in that price range. Pure speculation though.

The folks that have it in this thread all love it. Similar for Slave One (I have it and concur), but I can't compare the two.

You mean doesn't last past 2015 right? :p This could potentially be my last big LEGO purchase of 2015 when it's double VIP time. I'm at ~460$ this year so far and I had a budget of 500-600$ for the year initially. I'm surely going to overspend, but whatever lol. I'm going to buy the winter village set and another big one for the black friday weekend, depending on what's available.

It's either:

The Seacow
UCS Hoth base?
UCS Ewoks village
Ferris wheel

I'm tempted by the Seacow since I'm sure it's going to be OOP in 2016 (it's not a boat which appeal to everyone and it's going to be a while until the next LEGO movie, so it seems sale for the line is slowing down significantly), with way too many big upcoming sets including SW episode VII which will surely involve new UCS vehicles. I think the ewoks village will go on a 3-4+ years run just like the death star.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Went to the lego store! It's one of the three stores that opened up in a new building, no wonder it's a bit gloomy when getting there.

xLEenWi.jpg

Pu7CT05.jpg

uJEiE0L.jpg

Sadly, I was gonna pick up Parisian Restaurant + Birds, but the former is out of stock. HOWEVER!

HelKXIw.jpg

I bought something else! And holy fuck it is big!

rHvdZdx.jpg

It's quite cheap than usual, I thought Tumbler is out of stock though! I bought it immediately without hesitation!

Will start this this week! What am I in for?

Which ones are European knockoffs? There is a difference between knockoffs and clones in my definitions.
In my view, clones are legal as many of LEGO patents for bricks have expired. They do not make exact copies of sets and use IPs only when they have legal licenses to do so. Knockoffs/bootlegs IMO copy set designs, graphics, and IPs without permission. To me there is some illegal aspect to knockoff/bootleg bricks.

Cobi (Poland) and Best-Lock (England) are the European clone brands that stick in my head. They have merged though. Korea has Oxford which I've heard is pretty good quality. I think Oxford makes the bricks for Kreo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_clone

I always thought it's got to do with brick quality and such. Like if the stuff were packaged cheaply and with parts missing it'd be a knockoff.

ashens' vids about them (I know KreO is a legit brand)

part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZlo1PBOB2Y
part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4GDRojCoUw

And I think he did a Christmas lego knockoff.

Ryuuroden

knock·off
&#712;näkäf/
nouninformal
a copy or imitation, especially of an expensive or designer product.
"knockoff merchandise"

It can refer to clone brands. Knock offs aren't illegal either if they don't use the same name as the original and there is no copyright on them. It is a grey area and depends on the product really. Clone is more a direct copy and by definition would more likely classify as illegal copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom