• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitemare1

Got an Ant Man set at Walmart today. I didn't even know they were released yet!

4FD064CF-F37D-455F-9FC8-FC7189087F35_zpsgpnedpbp.jpg

So what is everyone's pickup for the Winter Soldier tonight or tomorrow? Ferris Wheel for me.

Ferris Wheel. I think I am going to pass on the Kwik-E-Mart since I don't really have a good place to display it.

I might get the Vader Duel set, and debating the Helicarrier.

If my local shop has stock of Santa's Workshop then I'll pick that up as it's been unavailable online for some time now.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Got an Ant Man set at Walmart today. I didn't even know they were released yet!

Nice! I'm interested in that set as well, let me know what you think. Would've picked it up already if I could, but it's unavailable in a lot of webshops, I even read that the set got recalled because of quality issues. Wonder if there's any truth to that?

mrkgoo

Found a Star Wars cantina and non-UCS B-wing marked down twice on clearance combined with a buy one get half off special meant I got them at less than half price.

I suppose a good deal, but usually I pride my self on not buying me JUST because they're cheap. Not sure what I will do with the sets. Maybe open, maybe just give them as gifts.

What are the opinions on these two sets? I've got Jabba's palace and sail barge as well, and I find those sets pretty underwhelming.

On a side note, I also picked up a couple weeks ago, the recent technics motor cycle. It's pretty cool, but I realised during the assembly that I've sort of falling out of the technic stuff - it's like the builds are complex and clever, but not really that interesting compared to regular Lego. It's like there are so much clever inventiveness in modern regular Lego that technic techniques seem kind of vanilla if you know what I mean.

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
Found a Star Wars cantina and non-UCS B-wing marked down twice on clearance combined with a buy one get half off special meant I got them at less than half price.

I suppose a good deal, but usually I pride my self on not buying me JUST because they're cheap. Not sure what I will do with the sets. Maybe open, maybe just give them as gifts.

What are the opinions on these two sets? I've got Jabba's palace and sail barge as well, and I find those sets pretty underwhelming.

I can't speak for Jabba's Palace, but I find the B-Wing to be really cool. It's a lot bigger than I expected, and I love how much detail they put were able to put into it, especially at that pricepoint. Some cool building techniques, but nothing too special. Only downside for me is that it's almost completely grey, but I'm a sucker for color so maybe that's just me. The pilot minifig is amazing btw.

mrkgoo

Kitsuné;165919631 said:
I can't speak for Jabba's Palace, but I find the B-Wing to be really cool. It's a lot bigger than I expected, and I love how much detail they put were able to put into it, especially at that pricepoint. Some cool building techniques, but nothing too special. Only downside for me is that it's almost completely grey, but I'm a sucker for color so maybe that's just me. The pilot minifig is amazing btw.

Whoops sorry I meant I already have Jabba's palace. I'm usually not a fan of play sets. I ended up acquiring the various Star Wars ones because they were super cheap (well relatively, seeing as the sets have a premium and here in NZ even higher).

The b-wing retails for NZ$110 here but I ended up paying like $32 - half-off a second set to be solely attributable to the second set (because technically you're really getting a small discount over two sets since you're forced to buy two). But over half off is rare so the sets are worth it. It's just whether I crack them open or just leave as gifts. I personally liked the dewback and sand trooper mini fig, but not much else to like in the cantina play set.

I'm a sucker for vehicles, so maybe I'll open the b-wing. I have the A-wing and it's awesome. The pilot in that is awesome too.

On a side note, I also picked up a couple weeks ago, the recent technics motor cycle. It's pretty cool, but I realised during the assembly that I've sort of falling out of the technic stuff - it's like the builds are complex and clever, but not really that interesting compared to regular Lego. It's like there are so much clever inventiveness in modern regular Lego that technic techniques seem kind of vanilla if you know what I mean.
The B-Wing is pretty nice. They crammed a great amount of detail into that ship for that price. I only got it since it was super cheap too. It ain't as good as the UCS version, but it is a solid set with great and I think exclusive figures.

Rootbeer

Banned
So what is everyone's pickup for the Winter Soldier tonight or tomorrow? Ferris Wheel for me.

At this late hour I am still debating on it. I might be doing two orders to score two winter soldiers.

With the Infiltrator pushed back, I'm not really taken with any of the SW sets coming out this month.

I will most definitely get a few super hero sets... not sure what else

neonglow

My first order will be The Battle of Five Armies Hobbit set and some Mixels.
My second order will probably be the Ghostbusters set and more Mixels. I don't think the Ecto-1 will be around for much longer so might as well get a 2nd set.

Ponn

Banned
My first order will be The Battle of Five Armies Hobbit set and some Mixels.
My second order will probably be the Ghostbusters set and more Mixels. I don't think the Ecto-1 will be around for much longer so might as well get a 2nd set.

I still have to get that Five Armies set. It has the Thorin and Bard figures I need. I guess its my last LoTR hoorah so i've been saving it.

Probably Mini Cooper as I have $90 in VIP pts and I have no room for the Ferris wheel.

Theres always room for Jello, i mean Lego.

Rootbeer

Banned
winter soldier promo is live

remember you get entered to win 1 of 750 batpods if you use a vip account and purchase a DC super hero set

i can't find the carnage set...

*EDIT* DC Superheroes only for this promo!

remember you get entered to win 1 of 750 batpods if you use a vip account and purchase a super hero set

Nor any of the new SW sets, which have been in stores for weeks now. Weird.

Edit: Hmm....I needed to browse to the category page and view all to see them. No Carnage set though.

remember you get entered to win 1 of 750 batpods if you use a vip account and purchase a super hero set

Shit. I didn't remember about that promo. I would have tacked on the Ant Man set to my Ferris Wheel order if I remembered. Oh, well.

neonglow

I still have to get that Five Armies set. It has the Thorin and Bard figures I need. I guess its my last LoTR hoorah so i've been saving it.

Theres always room for Jello, i mean Lego.

I could never find a discount on the Five Armies set and now that it looks like it's going out of print, I figure now's a good time as any to get it.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow come on LEGO... didn't add the carnage set or none of the new DC Superheroes sets. I can't even find the Sandman and Rhino set. I do see the Ant Man set though.

neonglow

I placed my first order with the Ant-Man set and the Five Armies to reach over $75. I'm glad I checked out in time because the LEGO website looks like it just crashed. Nothing is loading anymore.

Ponn

Banned
Shit. I didn't remember about that promo. I would have tacked on the Ant Man set to my Ferris Wheel order if I remembered. Oh, well.

If I remember right its only DC Superhero sets though. You really are better off doing the email entry thing though plus you can get one entry each day by doing it that way.

If I remember right its only DC Superhero sets though. You really are better off doing the email entry thing though plus you can get one entry each day by doing it that way.

Oh I forgot about that promo too. Will do the email thing.

I don't want to wait for the Ferris Wheel so I will buy it from the LEGO store tomorrow. Ordered the new Death Star Final Duel set for now. Will make a game time decision on the Helicarrier.

Ponn

Banned
Ferris Wheel ordered plus random Burnard Mixel because why not. YAY i'm getting my free Legoland ticket! I mean, free Winter Soldier fig!

Ponn

Banned
Bahhhhhh screw this, I'm going to shower, they better have all the new items up when I'm done :(

I don't mean to be a debbie downer but I swore the DC summer wave (Joker Funland and Batboat) and the Spider-man sets were slated for August in the U.S. EU may be getting them early I dont know but I remember seeing august on the Joker Funland NY Toyfair card.

mojiimbo

Wow come on LEGO... didn't add the carnage set or none of the new DC Superheroes sets. I can't even find the Sandman and Rhino set. I do see the Ant Man set though.
Those aren't June 1st sets(in the U.S. at least.) The only new superhero sets are Ant Man and the new Juniors set with Green Goblin...plus Duplo.

Also, there's another "secret" early VIP exclusive set slated for mid-July on the new calendar, which also has a Space polybag as the free promo for July.

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow well that's terrible... I have a lot of trouble getting clear information about what is releasing and at what time. The staggered release across europe and here aren't helping matters.

Even the carnage set was not slated for release today? That one felt like a sure thing.

Those aren't June 1st sets(in the U.S. at least.) The only new superhero sets are Ant Man and the new Juniors set with Green Goblin...plus Duplo.

Also, there's another "secret" early VIP exclusive set slated for mid-July on the new calendar, which also has a Space polybag as the free promo for July.

Has the July calendar been posted? I can't seem to find reference to it.

Rootbeer

Banned
The new sets are all up on the Aussie site. Ant-Man is already out of stock. :(
I'm sorry to hear it!

I settled on:
Death star final duel (since no new batman/Marvel other than Ant Man)
Ant man
& birthday cake

I'll make another order later in the month to get the ESB poster. And hopefully another winter soldier... If they last long enough.

Lots of stuff I kind of want, but nothing exclusive so I'll wait until some shop here has a 25% off (BR Toys does that all the time).

I can't make any sense of the pricing recently though:

City Square: 1799 SEK - 1683 pieces
Heartlake Grand Hotel: 1399 SEK - 1552 pieces
Imperial Assault Carrier: 1399 SEK - 1216 pieces
Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle: 999 SEK - 808 pieces
Death Star Final Duel: 999 SEK - 724 pieces

Sure, some is because of the license costs and the minidoll sets tend to have smaller pieces (many accessories), but that doesn't explain the difference between HGH and SMSC.

The talk about that Battle of the 5 armies set reminded me that i still wanted to grab the Lonely Mountain at some point but then... it also NEVER received any discounts and will probably be done for sometime soon as well :(

So i went and hit up BrickLink to see how much Smaug alone goes for and yeah.... around 60 bucks :( fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom