• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osahi

Meh, Naboo Starfighter is more expensive then I thought. 70 euro's is just to much for less then 500 bricks for me. had hoped for a 55 euro pricepoint.

So I'll skip. Maybe I'll get the Birds set, or I just wait till Wall-E drops in the Ideas series. Other candidate is the Ferrari, but as I don't really like the car in real life I probably won't be tempted by the Lego model. Might go for the Mini Cooper instead

Anyone else paying $15 (maybe less if on sale) just for this minifig and not the game?

0CwosVV.jpg

I bet I'll buy it and LEGO will have a LEGO CMF Albert Einstein or Bethoven minifig with the same hair.

Hmmm...I forgot there is the Wicked Witch from Wizard of Oz. I'm on the fence with that one. If they have Dorothy, Tinman, Cowardly Lion, and Strawman I'm sold on all of them with wicked witch.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Holy fuck Batman Tumbler is big! I'm just at book 2 of 5 and just finished completing bag 2 and it's so tiring!

Rootbeer

Banned
New LEGO sets on amazon now too... with Free Same Day Delivery in select markets!

Ant Man set is among them
Anyone else paying $15 (maybe less if on sale) just for this minifig and not the game?
Not me! Unless something changes my mind between now and release, I plan on getting the base game with the BttF expansion on launch. I'll also get a good selection of the single figure packs, based on what pieces/minifigs are included as well as taking into consideration which ones will be useful to have in the game.

If after the first wave I'm not convinced to continue investing in it, then I'll just buy select future packs for the minifigs only on an as-needed basis. For example, Doc Brown which you posted... great new hairpiece, so he's a must-buy.

I tend to give these toys-to-life games a chance because I love the idea of it. But they don't usually hold me very well because the games usually aren't that strong. Looking forward to seeing if LEGO has a spin on the genre that can attract AFOLS as well as it can attract kids.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Are the LEGO brand stores selling the new sets? I'm in the US later this month and was hoping to get Jokerland.

And are there any more details/pictures of the limited edition Batpod yet? Was planning to moc-ing a version, as think it's unlikely I'll win one.

Osahi

So, I noticed my game shop chain has a Dr Wu minifig as preorder bonus for Lego Jurassic Park. Love it. Now I need a History Museum as modular to fit the guy in (don't like the JW sets for now). To bad they did not approve the one that was in the Ideas Review :(

PO_voordeel.png

Just a shame there is no side printing on the pants :(

Toxi

Banned
So, I noticed my game shop chain has a Dr Wu minifig as preorder bonus for Lego Jurassic Park. Love it. Now I need a History Museum as modular to fit the guy in (don't like the JW sets for now). To bad they did not approve the one that was in the Ideas Review :(

PO_voordeel.png

Just a shame there is no side printing on the pants :(
I love how cocky his facial expression is. Guy made dinosaurs, he's the coolest guy in the world and he knows it.

Boss Doggie

Just stopped at book 3 for Tumbler, wheels are already installed this early huh?

I just bought the Birds set and put it together. It's lovely. My favorite is the bluejay; I loved seeing bluejays everywhere in Iowa and the resemblance is dead-on.

Thomas Poulsom, the guy who designed the first LEGO Birds, submitted a second batch of birds to LEGO Ideas if you want more of them. That woodpecker is adorable.

1850137-o_19h3bas3j1ill6on9d71npl1dsec-full.jpg

The branches and trunks look kinda tacky compared to the poles they used in Birds. But the birds themselves look good.

Blizzard

Banned
LEGO Worlds now available on Steam Early Access. Check the thread on gaming side.
Your link doesn't work, try this one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1055250

Of possible interest to people in this thread, quoting from post #178 of that thread:
Hi,

We're looking into the exploration of Mods down the line. For sake of quality controls it's not something we're looking to run straight away, as we want to make sure everything that is meant to be functioning is doing it's job/solved.

However, we do have the ability in place to let you add any Models that you create in the LEGO Digital Designer;

http://ldd.lego.com/

Install you're LXFML model files into this directory;

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment\LEGO Worlds\Mods\Models

In fact, you can also load any of your exported models into this tool too!

NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP THIS FOLDER FIRST THOUGH, JUST IN CASE!

Kitsuné

since when does a fox need an accent aigu?
I just finished building the Blue Jet Creator set, and wow, I'm really impressed ! It's got a bunch of interesting building techniques, like the way the wings are formed, or how you create the angle of the cockpit. And the level of detail for a creator set is just something I'm not used to. You can even fit two minifigs in!

I originally only wanted the set because of the amount of dark blue pieces that I would like to use for some spaceship mocs, so I didn't really notice the overall design of the set itself at first. But now that I built it I really appreciate it a lot. I'll probably keep it for display for a while before I decide to break it apart again.

ruxtpin

Banned
Bought two of the elves sets just for the colors and pieces (and the Winter Soldier). Not a fan of the doll fiqs, but I can tuck those away.

Opps, completed my order for the Lego store but zoned out and realized afterwards that I didn't purchase enough for the minifig...opps...><

How about 660pcs for $100 Euros?

LOL. What the?

What in that set has called for such a huge price increase? That is ridiculous. That is worse than most other Star Wars taxes.

EDIT: Even the older one was a better value. The older one was $.146pc, while the new one is $151pc. Even the Red Five X-Wing, which many people thought was overpriced, was only $.128pc.

Toxi

Banned
LOL. What the?

What in that set has called for such a huge price increase? That is ridiculous. That is worse than most other Star Wars taxes.
It's really weird. The Brick Bounty, another 100 dollar set with a relatively low piece count, still has over 700 pieces and has those giant ship hull pieces, cloth sails, and more minifigures.

I guess Watto drives a hard bargain.

It's really weird. The Brick Bounty, another 100 dollar set with a relatively low piece count, still has over 700 pieces and has those giant ship hull pieces, cloth sails, and more minifigures.

I guess Watto drives a hard bargain.

7962-0000-xx-23-1.jpg

This came with Watto, Sebulba, and Wald. It also had 150 more pieces, and cost $10 less. The only thing I can think of is vastly overcharging for the printed dish piece or something.

I will ease up on my hate of the Sith Infiltrator. I am just baffled by the price gouging that ship seems to bring.

I like the look of the new version of Maul's ship but that price is no bueno. I dunno, I should be getting used to the SW tax or the comic book sets tax but it still shocks me at times.

Toxi

Banned
This is the fourth version of the Sith Infiltrator, not including minis.

Someone at Lego really likes that ship considering it had barely a minute of screentime.

This is the fourth version of the Sith Infiltrator, not including minis.

Someone at Lego really likes that ship considering it had barely a minute of screentime.
Instead of rehashing Star Wars stuff every year, maybe they could put out some original space based stuff?

Or stuff from a different sci-fi series, like Mass Effect?

But that will never happen...

neonglow

It already looks like it has a much higher piece count. I just cannot figure out why the 2011 one was priced so damn high for the piece count. 479pcs for $70? Ouch.
At least the new one looks like it has better figures this time.

It being a retailer exclusive probably has a lot to do with it. High price sets allow a retailer much room to play around with pricing and promotions. I'm almost sure that this set is being sold to Toys R Us or whoever for under $50 wholesale.

While City sets aren't exclusive, they seem to be usually overpriced too. Since City sets are the top sellers, it allows stores to get better margins and appear to offer a great deal when they reduce the price to what it should be based on piece count.

Ponn

Banned
So I know these are an iffy subject here but I also know there is some serious Flash fans here and I can't hold the excitement I saw for these all to myself so here

https://youtu.be/E6gR2b21y3w

Squeeeealll. Not one put TWO Reverse Flashes. And I have to agree with the reviewer, those TV series versions are indeed the bomb. I love the black racer fig and even the new 52 reverse flash. I really wish they would have left out like the White Lantern Flash and did a kid flash or better yet impulse fig to go with the coming teen titan figs. I just, I just, i can't....I need to go run around.

Rootbeer

Banned
If it ends up being $99.99 USD then I mirror the outrage over the Sith Infiltrator... but I'm still buying it. Because despite some people being tired of them rehashing it, I still don't own any version of it and this one looks quite nice. Like the minifigs, too!

Boss Doggie

Finally finished it!

CGe47XFUIAAweDc.jpg:large

my fingertips are aching lol

I never realized how big it is, holy shit it's occupying all of the shelf space!

I'm glad I called my local LEGO store yesterday; when I picked up the Ferris Wheel today it was the last one in the store!

Also gabbed a dino set & the power functions for another Winter Soldier.

They had a display with the two Rex dinos. I was really surprised that they are so big! Were the old ones that large?

Boss Doggie

I thought it was pretty awesome until right at the end. It was putting on all those wing pieces that was annoying. Especially when just breathing on it made them snap off.

Agreed. Most of the connections are hook based or are on wonky positions that it's hard to snap them without causing massive damage.

Also I feel like something went wrong towards the end in the instructions. Like why the hell are they asking for the snap/hook-type connections to be made first before the pieces that use the snap/hook connection? Usually you build the two separate parts first then you snap their hooks together, but there were plenty on book 5 that require you to snap the hooks first.

Tumbler looks amazing on the shelf, but it was such an annoying build.

It's pretty fun to build but it gets frustrating towards the end.

Is that a billy bookshelf from Ikea? My tumbler is on my shelf and looks identical except for the glass doors

Nah it's a local store built shelf.

Boss Doggie

Yeah it relied too much on "plates" for skin, which is really annoying.

I am hoping Parisian Restaurant will be a nice change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom