• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Spots already filling up for the July mini build with the new registration system.

Is it just me or are all the summer SW sets not listed? You can search for them but they cannot be added to your cart.

"Entertainment Weekly has revealed the set will go for $59.99 which is the most expensive LEGO CUUSOO/Ideas set that has ever been produced."

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-the-big-bang-theory-21302-minifigures-revealed/
18206965569_d8aae3840b_b.jpg

LEGO The Big Bang Theory (21302) by Allen Tran, on Flickr

I have only seen a few episodes, but there is a lot of general appeal IMO as the set can easily be modified as a generic (geeky) living room. I will get the set.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
"Entertainment Weekly has revealed the set will go for $59.99 which is the most expensive LEGO CUUSOO/Ideas set that has ever been produced."

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ideas-the-big-bang-theory-21302-minifigures-revealed/

I have only seen a few episodes, but there is a lot of general appeal IMO as the set can easily be modified as a generic (geeky) living room. I will get the set.

Surprised that Bernadette and Amy are being cut from the set. They've been main cast members for a good while now.

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm not a BBT fan... but I will buy it for its collectability factor and because my roomate is a huge fan. He's constantly rewatching episodes. He'll think it's cool no doubt.

I'll likely do the stupid thing and buy it just to toss it in a closet somewhere. I don't like supporting properties I don't enjoy, but I do want to continue to support the Ideas theme.

kms_md

Day 1 for me

Ponn

Banned
Wait! LEGO Dimensions will include Midway Arcade IP?!?

Mortal Kombat minifigs!!!
Like that will ever happen.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/new-lice...ons-including-ghostbusters-and-midway-arcade/

I don't, Ninjago seems to be getting kinda dark with the next wave. We may just have Fatalijitsu figs.

Anyone else try the email entry for the Bat Pod? I just tried today using the email they provided, enterVIP@LEGO.com and it came back with some error in another language, i'm assuming from their home country.

Ponn

Banned
$60, huh?

Makes me feel better that my Mako is ~600pc, I don't have to completely redesign it should I put it on the Ideas site.

You should, I would support any and all Mass Effect projects. I love that Normandy model someone did, they even had a designer file you could download but the parts list was too huge for me to even try to begin bricklinking. Think they even had a stand to go with it.

edit: yup found it.

Eh, i used to like BBT before it was cool (if that makes ANY sense whatsoever in this case lol) but nowadays it's just too much. I may still grab the set though if it suits my needs...

I don't, Ninjago seems to be getting kinda dark with the next wave. We may just have Fatalijitsu figs.

Anyone else try the email entry for the Bat Pod? I just tried today using the email they provided, enterVIP@LEGO.com and it came back with some error in another language, i'm assuming from their home country.

I think they forgot to include a space on their official rules page. I emailed "VIP@LEGO.com" and didn't get a bounceback.

I'm a little surprised that big bang theory has the lego seal of approval as being 100% suitable for kids, I'd more sooner have my kids watch the x-files actually.

Blizzard

Banned
After playing with LEGO World a bit last night, the brick-by-brick mode does have a relatively minimal set of basic pieces.

In particular it's kind of funny since the mouse cursor is a flat 3-pip corner piece, but there aren't any 3-pip corner pieces, flat or tall, available to build with. There also aren't any round one-pip pieces, flat or tall, or 2-pip long flat L brackets.

If they improve the user interface and add more pieces it could be cool, though. You also can't use non-90 degree rotations as far as I can tell.

Actual model:
71p4d.png

Ingame built by hand:
lego_worlds2015-06-02wrop2.png

After this point, the instructions get pretty involved with different modules that are built separately and attached, so I probably won't try to finish it.

You should, I would support any and all Mass Effect projects. I love that Normandy model someone did, they even had a designer file you could download but the parts list was too huge for me to even try to begin bricklinking. Think they even had a stand to go with it.

edit: yup found it.
I've been thinking about it but I would need to bricklink all the parts (hoping they're actually available) and get 3 custom minifigs made, which will cost quite a bit of money (that I don't have).

Plus, last I checked, there are 0 Mass Effect projects on the Ideas site -- so something tells me LEGO would not approve it to even be on the site.

I'll check the parts availability and prices once the internet here starts working again.

Osahi

Cool figs, but i never watched the show so I'll skip. Hope they reveal Wall-E soon. That's a day one for me, regardless of pricing

anyone know what technic set this comes from? Bought it at a thrift store for $2 today, , for the past month they have had a lot of legos, some complete too

i was pissed when i missed a boxed lego millennium falcon and lego city fire station and a bunch of other legos

Toxi

Banned

Also kinda nice is that the minifigures provide flesh-toned generic civilians for other licensed lines. Generally licensed characters aren't wearing casual wear.

I just picked up Skull Island. I'll build it tomorrow, I'm busy tonight.

wetwired

Also kinda nice is that the minifigures provide flesh-toned generic civilians for other licensed lines. Generally licensed characters aren't wearing casual wear.

Yeah that was my first thought, I've no interest in BBT but I could get some use out of the faces for custom minifigs, I hate to think how much the set is going to be though with that many minifigs

I just picked up Skull Island. I'll build it tomorrow, I'm busy tonight.

That's what I was thinking, but what I like about those is only the girl has flesh color on the torso so you can easily switch the hands and head out for the standard LEGO yellow head and hands. We'll see what the final set looks like. I think it would off a lot of generic furniture stuff that could be used for MOCs and many other LEGO sets.

Seeing this set be made makes me sad X-Files was not accepted. It's a sad day when Golden Girls may get made and X-Files isn't even considered.

wetwired

That's what I was thinking, but what I like about those is only the girl has flesh color on the torso so you can easily switch the hands and head out for the standard LEGO yellow head and hands. We'll see what the final set looks like. I think it would off a lot of generic furniture stuff that could be used for MOCs and many other LEGO sets.

Seeing this set be made makes me sad X-Files was not accepted. It's a sad day when Golden Girls may get made and X-Files isn't even considered.

I can understand why they wouldn't make X-files, it baffles me how Golden Girls reached 10k, let alone how quickly.

I can understand why they wouldn't make X-files, it baffles me how Golden Girls reached 10k, let alone how quickly.

Never underestimate the power of Golden Girls.

EDIT: And I was quite annoyed at work today. We get an extra discount at work this week, so I was going to finally buy the Indominus Rex set. I thought all morning about putting it on hold to get at the end of my shift, but didn't. Well, I come back from lunch and it was gone. Some kid had apparently come in and put it on hold until Friday for when he gets his birthday money.

I spent a bit of time all upset like a little child myself, because I was so excited to get the set today. And I was mad at myself for not putting it on hold when I could have. However, I did realize that it is a kid getting something he really, really wants for his birthday, so how can I be mad about that? So I figuratively slapped myself for being a bastard about it earlier.

However, tonight, I realized that I had 20 minutes before TRU closed for the night. So I just got back from a quick TRU run and came home with this:
70173_alt1.jpg

I know my plans for the rest of the night.

wetwired

Speaking of X-files, the first order for Mulder and Scully arrived just now...Guns, lots of guns

guns.jpg

I guess cause I spent so much money there they also threw in a heap of freebies

guns2.jpg

ghostmind

Never underestimate the power of Golden Girls.

EDIT: And I was quite annoyed at work today. We get an extra discount at work this week, so I was going to finally buy the Indominus Rex set. I thought all morning about putting it on hold to get at the end of my shift, but didn't. Well, I come back from lunch and it was gone. Some kid had apparently come in and put it on hold until Friday for when he gets his birthday money.

I spent a bit of time all upset like a little child myself, because I was so excited to get the set today. And I was mad at myself for not putting it on hold when I could have. However, I did realize that it is a kid getting something he really, really wants for his birthday, so how can I be mad about that? So I figuratively slapped myself for being a bastard about it earlier.

However, tonight, I realized that I had 20 minutes before TRU closed for the night. So I just got back from a quick TRU run and came home with this:
70173_alt1.jpg

I know my plans for the rest of the night.

Awwwww yeahhhhh

kitzkozan

If it ends up being $99.99 USD then I mirror the outrage over the Sith Infiltrator... but I'm still buying it. Because despite some people being tired of them rehashing it, I still don't own any version of it and this one looks quite nice. Like the minifigs, too!

The set will end up being discounted numerous time and I'll buy it when the occasion present itself. :] I don't own any version of it and it look nice, in fact better than the earlier leak picture I saw. I couldn't start collecting SW minifigs without having at least one Darth Maul. :p

Ultra Agents Ocean HQ was fantastic. I am a bit too tired to form a fully coherent opinion on it, but that was a fantastic build. There are some nagging issues I have with the model once it is finished, but there are so many neat things going on in this set though. And SNOT everywhere on this thing. If you want a treasure trove of SNOT bricks to use for MOCs later, this has you covered.

It also had a few pieces I had never seen before, like a 6x16 plate with studs only on the outer rim.

I will post up pics in a few days when I have the time and energy, but this set is worth every penny. It was fate that made me not get the Jurassic World set today, otherwise I would not have gone out and gotten this set tonight.

Toxi

Banned
Built Skull Island because I was impatient, and now I can't stop fiddling with it. For 20$, the set has a lot of things to play with: The crocodile, the opening skull, the treasure chest, the three minigures who all have very different looks, the rowboat, the little bucket raft, the cannon, the parrot, and a ton of weapons and accessories.

Seems like a really good set for kids. Definitely makes me interested in grabbing some more pirate stuff, or even just grabbing some stuff to make a more complete island.

Ultra Agents Ocean HQ was fantastic. I am a bit too tired to form a fully coherent opinion on it, but that was a fantastic build. There are some nagging issues I have with the model once it is finished, but there are so many neat things going on in this set though. And SNOT everywhere on this thing. If you want a treasure trove of SNOT bricks to use for MOCs later, this has you covered.

It also had a few pieces I had never seen before, like a 6x16 plate with studs only on the outer rim.

I will post up pics in a few days when I have the time and energy, but this set is worth every penny. It was fate that made me not get the Jurassic World set today, otherwise I would not have gone out and gotten this set tonight.
This set sounds so awesome. Every impression I've heard has been glowing, and the hull shape seems ingenious considering it used no specialized hull pieces.

wetwired

so what was the consensus on the Jurassic World sets? They're 20% in Australia atm at David Jones and was tempted but even at 20% off they don't seem like great value

mrklaw

MrArseFace
After playing with LEGO World a bit last night, the brick-by-brick mode does have a relatively minimal set of basic pieces.

In particular it's kind of funny since the mouse cursor is a flat 3-pip corner piece, but there aren't any 3-pip corner pieces, flat or tall, available to build with. There also aren't any round one-pip pieces, flat or tall, or 2-pip long flat L brackets.

If they improve the user interface and add more pieces it could be cool, though. You also can't use non-90 degree rotations as far as I can tell.

Actual model:
71p4d.png

Ingame built by hand:
lego_worlds2015-06-02wrop2.png

After this point, the instructions get pretty involved with different modules that are built separately and attached, so I probably won't try to finish it.

You can import .lxf files from LDD, so you could try that route?

Blizzard

Banned
You can import .lxf files from LDD, so you could try that route?
Yeah, but I didn't really care about importing models as much as I wanted to build them ingame Minecraft-style following the instructions. Thanks though! :)

What I've seen other people mention is that the imported models still end up missing pieces, so I'm guessing it's a similar situation where the game needs more brick types added.

The set will end up being discounted numerous time and I'll buy it when the occasion present itself. :] I don't own any version of it and it look nice, in fact better than the earlier leak picture I saw. I couldn't start collecting SW minifigs without having at least one Darth Maul. :p

I'd also like a Maul Fig i guess... but this ship just doesn't look all that interesting to me, it literally has studs EVERYWHERE, and i am tile kinda guy so.... :(

On a sidenote: Dat Ocean HQ!!! First Ultra Agents set that will be an absolute MUST HAVE for me without question. Well that and Infearno Interception anyway.

Well by some ridiculous stroke of luck I managed to get Palace Cinema and Pet Shop.

A lady tried to return the Monster Fighters Ghost Train but it rang up for TWENTY BUCKS ($10 with our discount) but my super decided to be a Good Samaritan despite his mighty need and told her to hang on to it or try to sell it on eBay over getting $20 for it from us.

But still. With my discount, a return I had, and VIP points I got both modulars for $80. Plus Winter Soldier!! He's so badass!!

No idea when the hell I'll ever have time to build any of this. Jesus. Two whole modulars to build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom