• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lego Batman 3 is going to make me eternally sad at how many non-existant minifigures are in there. I need my Question minifigure, dammit :(

Can't you just turn a single side printed head around? Or if you dare, use brasso to polish the print off? :)

Yeah, all those characters they have is incredible. I'm drooling at the read LEGO minifig possibilities.

Fowler

Just started getting back into Lego, been years and years since I built anything

Built these 2 as my first 2 sets

20141027_204037.jpg

and

20141110_195942.jpg

with a custom stand to display it in x wing mode.

The Millenium Falcon will be next at Xmas and then hopefully R2D2 (if I can get one) and the Batman Tumbler

Two awesome, awesome choices. The X-Wing might have been the set that brought me back from the dark ages too, I can't remember if it was THE first, but it was definitely one of them.

Either way, the Falcon was one of the next sets for me, so you're on the right path :)

Mik3F

I would love the UCS Falcon but there is no way can I justify or afford the price tag.

My 2 boys are getting some lego sets for Xmas aswell, hopefully they will like it so we can get some of the larger sets together

So I just picked up Lego Batman 3 for Wii U but as I understand it NONE of the DLC has been confirmed for it? PS3, PS4, 360 and XBone all get DLC and Season Passes but the Wii U not only doesn't get the Season Pass but there's no confirmation that it even gets the DLC at all?
Uuuuggggghhhhhhhh

Ponn

Banned
For anyone up with insomnia like me AWD seems to be posting alot of stuff up tonight. Almost everytime i refresh something new is up so maybe worth keeping an eye on.

Also saw in Best Buy BF ad they are going to have Lego Movie Bluray for 4 bucks.

Rootbeer

Banned
picked up LEGO Batman 3 (PS4) at Gamestop since they were open late for a bunch of game launches. I'd have to go out of my way to stop in tomorrow so it worked out well.

Haven't opened my Plastic Man yet!

The relaunch of Doctor Who gain a lot of new fans. It had much better writing, better fx, bigger budget, younger and more attractive Doctors, etc.

Doctor Who is not only known worldwide now outside of nerds and geeks, fans span multiple generations (show started in 1963). It has a big enough built in audience today. They won't make as many as Ghostbusters or Back to the Future, but they should make more than they did of Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover if Doctor Who project is greenlit.

I was questioning Big Bang Theory's popularity, not Dr Who's :)

Fowler

I would love the UCS Falcon but there is no way can I justify or afford the price tag.

My 2 boys are getting some lego sets for Xmas aswell, hopefully they will like it so we can get some of the larger sets together

Oh I wasn't suggesting the UCS Falcon! Few of us can afford that :)

The regular Falcon is pretty great, IMO. May not be as massive or initially impressive as a UCS set, but the fact that it's the Millennium Falcon helps...

The regular Falcon is pretty great, IMO. May not be as massive or initially impressive as a UCS set, but the fact that it's the Millennium Falcon helps...

Many of us have a New Hope that they will release a new UCS Falcon eventually. Maybe when they do the Han Solo prequel movie.

Mik3F

I have the 7965 Falcon waiting for me for Xmas from the wife.

Trying to decide what to get to build now though as I have the itch to get more before xmas

neonglow

On Black Friday, Meijer is going to have all LEGO Star Wars sets for 20% off. It isn't a crazy deal, but it is still a deal.

I would get the ISD with that discount. I hope more stores start discounting the Summer wave sets. It's been tough finding any substantial discounts lately.

Fowler

Made room on my main shelf for an AT-AT!

B2LuRMUCIAIvVeT.jpg

Mostly fun build, with lots of Technic parts inside -- probably more than any other set I've done. Did get a little frustrating when snapping the final panels on, but it looks great.

Had to add a little Luke Skywalker hanging underneath. It's a pity the set doesn't come with him, it's an essential part of the scene.

Made room on my main shelf for an AT-AT!

B2LuRMUCIAIvVeT.jpg

Mostly fun build, with lots of Technic parts inside -- probably more than any other set I've done. Did get a little frustrating when snapping the final panels on, but it looks great.

Had to add a little Luke Skywalker hanging underneath. It's a pity the set doesn't come with him, it's an essential part of the scene.

Nice. That thing it huge. Luke comes with the Snow Speeder. You need that too! :)

75049: Snowspeeder

I'm waiting for 20% off or better for the AT-AT. It will be around for at least 1 year. If I can find it 30% or more, I'm getting more than 1.

Star Destroyer, I only want 1.

Fowler

Nice. That thing it huge. Luke comes with the Snow Speeder. You need that too! :)

I'm waiting for 20% off or better for the AT-AT. It will be around for at least 1 year. If I can find it 30% or more, I'm getting more than 1.

Thanks!

I actually have the Snowspeeder from 8081 Wampa Cave, but couldn't quite figure out a way to make the AT-AT stable while stamping on it. If it falls, it's probably going to take out a few sets with it, and I really don't want to deal with the mess that'll cause...

I do want to make a proper Hoth scene somewhere though. I have lots of bits and pieces that I've been slowly snagging here and there -- snowspeeder, Bacta Luke, Hoth Han, tauntaun, etc. Just trying to figure out the best way to make it work.

Fowler

I loved this year's OT Star Wars sets. The Star Destroyer is my favourite but I love the AT-AT and Snowspeeder.

Helps that the OT Star Wars vehicles are generally -incredible-. Falcon, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Star Destroyer, AT-AT, Lambda shuttle; all completely different, all striking, all memorable. You just can't go wrong.

Star Destroyer is next on my list, I just don't have a place for it yet. The other free shelf spaces in the man cave are taken up by the UCS X-Wing, regular Falcon, and BEST STAR.

Ugh, I didn't realize Lego Batman came out today and I didn't preorder it. You guys think Plastic Man is going to be expensive off ebay?

Helps that the OT Star Wars vehicles are generally -incredible-. Falcon, X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Star Destroyer, AT-AT, Lambda shuttle; all completely different, all striking, all memorable. You just can't go wrong.

Star Destroyer is next on my list, I just don't have a place for it yet. The other free shelf spaces in the man cave are taken up by the UCS X-Wing, regular Falcon, and BEST STAR.

I only go in for the OT Star Wars stuff. So many beautiful ships. I'm still torn on whether or not I should splash out for the UCS Slave 1 next year. I haven't got any UCS ships yet.

I only go in for the OT Star Wars stuff. So many beautiful ships. I'm still torn on whether or not I should splash out for the UCS Slave 1 next year. I haven't got any UCS ships yet.

Go for it. Resale value for that should be decent in case you ever get buyers regret. How else are you going to get a UCS Slave 1 ship? It will be years if they ever do a remake and it will pale in comparison to the UCS version.
Also, you get the unique Boba Fett with some extra printing.

Thank goodness LEGO is dropping so many good OT sets. It's forcing me to not get stuff because it's too many at once. I'll end up skipping the UCS Ewok set. I'm on the fence with Red 5 X-Wing and R2-D2. Heavily leaning on getting the Sand Crawler.

neonglow

How come you didn't jump on the Yoyo sale for the AT-AT 2 weeks ago? It was like 23% off.

Grabbed this lot off of craigslist. Seller lived 3 blocks away. 10 lbs of clean bricks, 40 minifigs, the book, and storage head all for $22.

How come you didn't jump on the Yoyo sale for the AT-AT 2 weeks ago? It was like 23% off.

I'm not in a rush. I got Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP! finally from the Walmart sale.
Also, I'm hesitant with big box items that are shipped. I'm on thin ice with the wife. Big boxes showing up at our door is hard to hide. :p

Grabbed this lot off of craigslist. Seller lived 3 blocks away. 10 lbs of clean bricks, 40 minifigs, the book, and storage head all for $22.

Nice deal! I see a Mega Bloks power ranger torso.
Photo of all the minifigs once you go through them.

neonglow

Wtf is the point of preordering a game at GS if they aren't even going to have the bonus that they're advertising.

I always order online for this exact reason. Even though I have to pay for shipping, I've always had the bonus minifigure ship out with my game.

I always order online for this exact reason. Even though I have to pay for shipping, I've always had the bonus minifigure ship out with my game.
I called the store where I preordered and they have one left. They're holding it for me until I pick it up tomorrow.

They gave them out to anyone that bought the game last night at midnight even if they hadn't preordered.

ruxtpin

Banned

See. I've done the exact opposite because I ordered online before and they told me they ran out. I will email GS and see if they pony up. If not, I'll just cancel my reserves. Tired of their shit anyway.

ruxtpin

Banned
Man I couldn't get out today to pick up my preorder. Now i'm scared I won't get the mini fig.

I tried GS online support. No luck there. They said they were all out on their end. I didn't pick up the game because they told me they "couldn't find the figures." I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they've "found" them, but I'm not holding my breath. Once I have the time next week I'll go and clear out my other pre-orders.

It's annoying as piss, but I'm trying not to let it bother me to much.

Ponn

Banned
I tried GS online support. No luck there. They said they were all out on their end. I didn't pick up the game because they told me they "couldn't find the figures." I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they've "found" them, but I'm not holding my breath. Once I have the time next week I'll go and clear out my other pre-orders.

It's annoying as piss, but I'm trying not to let it bother me to much.

The last game I got in Gamestop was Disgaea 4 for PS3. I've done good avoiding them but exclusive mini fig is hard to pass up. If they don't have it I have no problem not picking up the game and walking out and continuing to avoid them. It sucks, Plastic Man is quirky fig to have but not tops on my list of figs i'd like to have or couldn't live without. I also really want to play this game but if it wasn't for the mini fig I honestly wouldn't be getting it day one with Dragon Age and GTA V coming out next week. These Lego games drop in price so quick its really hard to reason myself into picking it up day one, except of course a mini fig like Iron Patriot with the Marvel one.

ruxtpin

Banned
Same here. The missus enjoys playing the Lego games with me, so I'd get it at some point. But if they're not going to deliver on the figure, I'll just wait for a price drop.

Fowler

Go for it. Resale value for that should be decent in case you ever get buyers regret. How else are you going to get a UCS Slave 1 ship? It will be years if they ever do a remake and it will pale in comparison to the UCS version.

Thank goodness LEGO is dropping so many good OT sets. It's forcing me to not get stuff because it's too many at once. I'll end up skipping the UCS Ewok set. I'm on the fence with Red 5 X-Wing and R2-D2. Heavily leaning on getting the Sand Crawler.

I like the Red 5 X-Wing, but it's my favourite non-Falcon Star Wars ship so I'm biased. Good fun making the S-Foil mechanics, and the cockpit is easy to modify to fit a minifig.

I'm sorry if this is a repost. Saw this on another forum. I ended up buying the dolphin cruiser for $45 after the discount off the sale price of $59.99. My daughter is going to love it.

"If you have a Amazon Visa card and use code TYS25ARC

You will get 25% off up to $50 on any toys in these categories http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_426524122_3?ie=UTF8&node=10111219011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0HKAAGYRB7S13DKV6SB0&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1970088002&pf_rd_i=B00M1YCDZ8?tag=brickpicker-20

Here is a link to the LEGO sets for which this code applies http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-desc-rank?bbn=10184811011&qid=1415769709&rh=n%3A165793011%2Cn%3A!2334111011%2Cn%3A!2334173011%2Cn%3A10184811011%2Cp_89%3ALEGO&sort=price-desc-rank

Items include Ewok Village, City Coast Guard Ship, and Friends Dolphin Cruiser. - That's right $199.95 for the Ewok Village

Unfortunately, it is only a one time use per account even if you have more than one amazon visa card or at least this is my experience."

I'm sorry if this is a repost. Saw this on another forum. I ended up buying the dolphin cruiser for $45 after the discount off the sale price of $59.99. My daughter is going to love it.

You will get 25% off up to $50 on any toys in these categories http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_426524122_3?ie=UTF8&node=10111219011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0HKAAGYRB7S13DKV6SB0&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=1970088002&pf_rd_i=B00M1YCDZ8?tag=brickpicker-20

Here is a link to the LEGO sets for which this code applies http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_price-desc-rank?bbn=10184811011&qid=1415769709&rh=n%3A165793011%2Cn%3A!2334111011%2Cn%3A!2334173011%2Cn%3A10184811011%2Cp_89%3ALEGO&sort=price-desc-rank

Items include Ewok Village, City Coast Guard Ship, and Friends Dolphin Cruiser. - That's right $199.95 for the Ewok Village

Unfortunately, it is only a one time use per account even if you have more than one amazon visa card or at least this is my experience."

Build Dolphin Cruiser yourself too. A wonderful set.

And $200 for the best set released last year? BUY! Such a wonderful experience from beginning to end.

sharbhund

Thanks! I've had Ewok Village on my to-buy list since it came out, but always put it off because of the price. 25% off is probably the cheapest it'll ever be.

I think I should get R2-D2 first before deciding on Slave 1. I know I would love that set.

I like the Red 5 X-Wing, but it's my favourite non-Falcon Star Wars ship so I'm biased. Good fun making the S-Foil mechanics, and the cockpit is easy to modify to fit a minifig.

I like the non-UCS X-Wing enough that I didn't feel the need to get the Red 5 one.

So many great OT sets. I'm still trying to talk myself out of getting the Sail Barge set too. Do I really need it? Probably not.

Zerojul

I think I should get R2-D2 first before deciding on Slave 1. I know I would love that set.
I have no doubts Slave I will be great, but UCS R2 is fantastic. It looks absolutely amazing, and I think the build itself is cool. Plus, it's getting kinda old so there's a chance it goes OOP sooner than Slave I (in fact i think it's the oldest UCS still in production,except Best Star). I say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom