• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeny

This isn't nearly as impressive as some of the other stuff I have seen in this thread (especially Orthanc, wow!) but Im pretty happy with my hodge podge multi coloured Artoo.

qf3NBz0.jpg

Okay, he's missing his third leg and the motors... And he doesn't tilt because we didn't have the right parts, but I'm pretty chuffed. The other half picked up the Parisian Restaurant for me the other day, so on to that next :)

This isn't nearly as impressive as some of the other stuff I have seen in this thread (especially Orthanc, wow!) but Im pretty happy with my hodge podge multi coloured Artoo.

Okay, he's missing his third leg and the motors... And he doesn't tilt because we didn't have the right parts, but I'm pretty chuffed. The other half picked up the Parisian Restaurant for me the other day, so on to that next :)
Love it. Artoo on LSD!

Ponn

Banned
Quick poll. Red Five X-Wing or Pet Shop? I'm leaning Red Five because I already made the jump into star wars and now with an even more limited and erratic income i'm still hesitant to start into modulars. Especially with coming onslaught of Scooby Doo and Dimensions.

Put together the Ultra Agents Stealth Patrol set. The vehicle itself is pretty darn sturdy and I like the suspension and how it can go over any sort of terrain. The color scheme is still top notch as usual and I think it's a worthy enough purchase.

The last couple of pages have been fantastic. That Orthanc is absolutely amazing ryuuroden. So glad to see the final pictures. I am leaving Chicago tomorrow so we will be ships in the night but good luck this weekend!!!

willp2003

Quick poll. Red Five X-Wing or Pet Shop? I'm leaning Red Five because I already made the jump into star wars and now with an even more limited and erratic income i'm still hesitant to start into modulars. Especially with coming onslaught of Scooby Doo and Dimensions.

I don't have any modulars (I can't afford to sucked into them) but I do have red 5. Great model but the stickers are a pain. Got the cockpit wrong, but they give you spare stickers so it's not too bad. I'm a big Star Wars fan so I'm biased.

Oh, god. That is a tough call. Pet Shop will start a very slippery slope, but you are already into Star Wars and that new TIE Fighter needs a ship to shoot at.

Overall, I personally think Pet Shop is the better set, but the Red Five is fantastic as well. And both are very close to their expiration date.

ghostmind

If I want all of them is the easy way to just find one of each blind bag code?

I gave up on that back in Series 9 or 10, when they started printing multiple codes per minifig. Now I just have a local source who buys a case, does the bag feeling, and lets me purchase what I want from it (for a small premium).

neonglow

The odds of getting one of the LEGO SDCC exclusives is more fair now. Instead of a mad rush to get to the booth, everyone waits in line for a raffle ticket. Now exhibitors at the show won't have an unfair advantage since they are allowed on the convention floor before everyone else. Past years, those people would queue up in line at the LEGO booth and take all the available sets.

LEGO SDCC Retail Exclusives: Winning ticket required for purchase

You must first enter the drawing by picking up a ticket (see below) and then attendees go to the LEGO booth to redeem their ticket if they have a winning ticket and purchase the set at the LEGO booth. The LEGO booth will be located in Hall D, booth #2829.

Ticket Drawing Location: Pavilion Terrace (Upper level outside Sails Pavilion). Attendees must first enter the main Convention Center entrance from the line at the front of the main building. Entry to the LEGO retail drawing at the Sails Pavilion will be from this line. Depending on the crowds, this line may start moving as early as 7:00am until supplies last.

Location includes multiple stairs. ADA attendees with mobility issues should go to the lobby B doors and use the glass elevators for access to the Sails Pavilion. They will be let up to the Sails Pavilion at the same time as the rest of the attendees.

Attendee badges only
One drawing per person, per day
Handicapped participants are encouraged to utilize official SDCC placeholder
Random drawing is for a chance to get a ticket to purchase at the LEGO Booth
Sets will not be distributed at the Pavilion Terrace
Must redeem ticket that day

Ponn

Banned
Oh, god. That is a tough call. Pet Shop will start a very slippery slope, but you are already into Star Wars and that new TIE Fighter needs a ship to shoot at.

Overall, I personally think Pet Shop is the better set, but the Red Five is fantastic as well. And both are very close to their expiration date.

I don't have any modulars (I can't afford to sucked into them) but I do have red 5. Great model but the stickers are a pain. Got the cockpit wrong, but they give you spare stickers so it's not too bad. I'm a big Star Wars fan so I'm biased.

Ok thanks, I made a decision I think LegoGAF would approve of but I want to sleep on it.

I gave up on that back in Series 9 or 10, when they started printing multiple codes per minifig. Now I just have a local source who buys a case, does the bag feeling, and lets me purchase what I want from it (for a small premium).
Ah, I didn't know codes were no longer worth anything. Guess I'll probably bag feel and then see how much I really want the rest.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

x-Wing. Beautiful display model and you're alreayd into Star Wars. you've already missed a couple of modulars so if you're a completist that might frustrate you if you start now. I really enjoyed the modulars, but I stopped buying after pet shop and I'm happy to focus my money on SW and occasional creator stuff like the VW Camper

So apparently the Jurassic World Raptor Escape set is limited/exclusive? Any ideas what store it's limited to?

Walmart. I searched for weeks at toys r us and bugged employees to check the back rooms. I wandered in to Walmart and it was sitting on the shelf. I felt silly.

Ponn

Banned
"I bought both"

Oh boy, I wish. Especially since I just came across a bill I forgot. I love the look of the modulars, but I think i'm going to go for the X-Wing. That gives me some time on Slave - 1 and the Tie Fighter. Getting into modulars right now would be a huge added investment and would wreck havoc on my OCD with collecting so i'm going to stave it off a little longer till my income situation is more secure.

After a long downtime I've made some heavy progress on my latest MOC modular. I just made another biggish order which should take me to completion, so I won't bother showing a work in progress now. Feels great to do some building again.

Anyone have any experience with using custom decals in LDD?

Trying to figure out how difficult it is to do, or if I should just photoshop what I need into the pictures.

I just rewatched Wall-E. Whoever said that they should have gone for life-sized needs to watch it again. He's at least like 50 cm wide, it would be like making a life-sized R2-D2.

It's too bad there's no real way to make EVE though. Not only is she even bigger, there just isn't enough smooth elements to make her even close to the movie design.

That minifigure will be in demand. Hope it's not too hard to get a hold of.

Aaaah no dammit :(

I want it, but they really need a new hair mold for him.

Here we go. *taps fingers angrily*

There is a viable, but questionable solution for those that can't rationalize paying $$$$$ for exclusive minifigs like that. Just need to be patient and wait...

aliexpress.com

They are selling mouseguard here :eek:

I highly recommend getting those heads. I'm sure by now, most here know I think they are fantastic. The accessories are nice too.

Quick question about purchasing on BrickLink. How are shipping costs handled exactly? I'm already no expert when it comes to shipping parcels to friends/family, and virtually all of my experience of buying physical stuff online has been through Amazon or other retailers. So yeah, no clue how general P2P/e-commerce works. I don't know if it gets tallied in the checkout price, if I'd have to wait for the seller's invoice, or even what the price of 1st/2nd class equates to etc. just don't want to get into a situation where, let's say, the shipping ended up being 3-4 times what I paid for a single minifig lol.

Also, here's a crappy snap of the Parisian Restaurant/Eiffen Tower combo all set up on my shelf.

CaXvXI5.jpg

The original intention was to build a wall/park/small building outwards from the steps to allow more of the Eiffel Tower to poke out without showing the base. Depending on if I decide to go ahead with the city street diorama I'll revisit doing that, but for now the camper van is doing a good enough job.

Quick question about purchasing on BrickLink. How are shipping costs handled exactly? I'm already no expert when it comes to shipping parcels to friends/family, and virtually all of my experience of buying physical stuff online has been through Amazon or other retailers. So yeah, no clue how general P2P/e-commerce works. I don't know if it gets tallied in the checkout price, if I'd have to wait for the seller's invoice, or even what the price of 1st/2nd class equates to etc. just don't want to get into a situation where, let's say, the shipping ended up being 3-4 times what I paid for a single minifig lol.

Depends on the seller, but most generally use USPS within the States for small/medium orders. Some also add packaging and handling costs on top of shipping.

You can get estimates using USPS shipping calculator if you know seller's zip code. Distance also plays a factor.
http://postcalc.usps.com/

Best to figure out how many items you can buy from a single seller to save on shipping costs. You can typically buy a few things and shipping costs won't go up until the weight reaches the next price point. i.e. You may buy 1 minifig and shipping may be $2-$2.50, but you can buy 4-5 and price will be the same.

Ryuuroden

Fuck, the guy who did the massive rivendell moc brought it to brickworld but it got heavily damaged on the trip over and might not be fixed in time :/ . There is also a shire here on display. I hope the rivendell guy can fix it in time.

Oh boy, I wish. Especially since I just came across a bill I forgot. I love the look of the modulars, but I think i'm going to go for the X-Wing. That gives me some time on Slave - 1 and the Tie Fighter. Getting into modulars right now would be a huge added investment and would wreck havoc on my OCD with collecting so i'm going to stave it off a little longer till my income situation is more secure.

Did you buy it already? I would recommend Pet Shop over the X-Wing, but the X-Wing is a nice display model. I have never been so frustrated as I was with the sticker though. Seriously, screw that thing.

Fuck, the guy who did the massive rivendell moc brought it to brickworld but it got heavily damaged on the trip over and might not be fixed in time :/ . There is also a shire here on display. I hope the rivendell guy can fix it in time.

That's terrible! Hopefully he can scramble to recover. Good luck this weekend!

Oh, man. That is horrible news.

But at first, I read it as: "Fuck the guy!" Like you were mad at him. It took reading the whole paragraph to realize that you were rightfully sad about it.

And what, no giant Minas Tirith to shame everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom