• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3N16MA

Banned
Camper Van - 5.5" (14cm) high, 11.8" (30cm) long

MINI Cooper - 4" (11cm) high, 9" (25cm) long, and 5" (14cm) wide

F40 - 3" (8cm) high, 10" (27cm) long and, 5" (14cm) wide

No width given for the camper van.

The Ferrari is also looking a bit strange to me as well.. I probably will pass on this one (unless it will get hyped up by LegoGAF to unholy proportions which come to think of it WILL probably happen and then i might end up caving...)

I don't understand why I have such a hard time pulling the trigger on ordering Lego from the official shop. Is it because what I want isn't exclusive?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The Ferrari is also looking a bit strange to me as well.. I probably will pass on this one (unless it will get hyped up by LegoGAF to unholy proportions which come to think of it WILL probably happen and then i might end up caving...)

Still looks better than the weirdly squashed mini :p

Sorting Lego back into the original boxes is horrible. Sorting is never a fun thing, but at least you can just throw the pieces into the right sections of your drawers and not worry about how many of each you have. Just took me maybe 6 hours to check and bag Grand emporium, and that's from having all the pieces in a box ready to go. I think it would have been quicker to sort into main storage and then just pick pieces from there.

Woorloog

Banned
Hmm, I'll change it to red, I like it better that way.

And yeah, seeing how there isn't anything Mass Effect related already on the Ideas site... I'm guessing I'll be getting a "Thanks, but no thanks" message after submitting it.

Uh, wait, there ain't any ME submissions?
Basically they don't even accept them to be voted on? Because i find it hard to believe no one hasn't made ME set suggestions.

Ryuuroden

You guys in Toronto really need to join ToroLUG. I met quite of few of their members at Brickworld and they are really good people.

Also, you cannot say no to a group that creates "My first DUPLO Bar"

ToroBar, where everyone knows your name. by Simon Liu, on Flickr

They invited me over for drinks one of the nights I was there which is another point in their favor :D. Donations were welcome with all money going to charity.

You guys in Toronto really need to join ToroLUG. I met quite of few of their members at Brickworld and they are really good people.

Also, you cannot say no to a group that creates "My first DUPLO Bar"

ToroBar, where everyone knows your name. by Simon Liu, on Flickr

They invited me over for drinks one of the nights I was there which is another point in their favor :D. Donations were welcome with all money going to charity.

What the recommended age on the Duplo bar set? :) Duplo is the way to go for giant builds like that.

Doing my first pass at the haunted tree for my Halloween display. Got a good feeling about this. Pics once the tree is done.

EDIT: *maniacal laugh*

Sorry for the crappy pics, but I am just too happy about how this turned out.

y7rTfbJl.jpg

Creepy haunted tree.

zvrKNvZl.jpg

Hey, what's this lever on the back of the tree do if I press it down?

9RsVitRl.jpg

AAAAAH! The limbs move to grab any poor mini fig that will step by it. And the eyes and mouth light up when the jaw closes by pressing the lever on the back.

So, that is the first of many small things I am making for my Halloween diorama for this year. I need to compensate for not being able to make a display last year.

EDIT 2:
Y7mLu8pl.jpg

And time to make some more graves.

3N16MA

Banned
The tree looks great and the limb movement/lights is a nice touch. Look forward to the Halloween display. I love Halloween.

Yup, that Halloween stuff all looks great!

One thing though, have you thought about actually adding the graves themselves and not just do the stones? Not sure if it would look better in the end but it may be worth a shot..

Yup, that Halloween stuff all looks great!

One thing though, have you thought about actually adding the graves themselves and not just do the stones? Not sure if it would look better in the end but it may be worth a shot..

I am making the tombstones now, but once I get the baseplate and grounds down, there will be some knocked over stones and open graves. I am basically going for a bigger and more detailed version of the graveyard I did in 2013.

xwUwIVPl.jpg

I am going to make some more variety in the tombstones as I make the grounds, but wanted to knock a few out first. I need to make a few larger ones, and maybe a flat one like Balin's tomb.

I am not sure if I am going to put Haunted House in the display this year, or try to make it all original stuff. I am debating about an old abandoned church or an asylum or something. I am still not sure. I am making it up as I go really.

3N16MA

Banned
I am making the tombstones now, but once I get the baseplate and grounds down, there will be some knocked over stones and open graves. I am basically going for a bigger and more detailed version of the graveyard I did in 2013.

xwUwIVPl.jpg

I am going to make some more variety in the tombstones as I make the grounds, but wanted to knock a few out first. I need to make a few larger ones, and maybe a flat one like Balin's tomb.

I am not sure if I am going to put Haunted House in the display this year, or try to make it all original stuff. I am debating about an old abandoned church or an asylum or something. I am still not sure. I am making it up as I go really.

You should build a mausoleum.

Ryuuroden

With a crumbled stone door, and a monster crawling out of it. That idea has percolated in my head, but trying to figure out a good scale.

And I still want to do another haunted tree, and maybe a big twisted tree with that is all crooked.

If the Dr who stuff is out in time you can do a weeping angels scene

neonglow

I picked up one of the LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu sets. For what you get piecewise, it feels overpriced at $10. It's pretty much the minifigure, several weapons and about 30 pieces to build the launcher.

It is fun to rip the cord to launch the propeller about 5 feet in the air. So far I've only managed to send it straight up since I don't know how to do tricks. This feels like a better play toy than the previous spinners and crappy Chima Speedorz.

51WCOlSPggL.jpg

I picked up one of the LEGO Ninjago Airjitzu sets. For what you get piecewise, it feels overpriced at $10. It's pretty much the minifigure, several weapons and about 30 pieces to build the launcher.

It is fun to rip the cord to launch the propeller about 5 feet in the air. So far I've only managed to send it straight up since I don't know how to do tricks. This feels like a better play toy than the previous spinners and crappy Chima Speedorz.

51WCOlSPggL.jpg

awwww man, don't diss the Speedorz! I only have the Laval (the lion is called that right?) one cos i got it nearly for free one day on an amazon sale so i thought what the hell... and then i actually had LOADS of fun with it on numerous occasions... I was giggling like a little kid when i pulled the chain like a madman and let it rip across the whole living room floor, into the kitchen, only to crash into a closet and burst into a thousand pieces (ok maybe only like 4 or something).

Now i will have to try that new launcher thing too though :)

I just watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides after having picked up a cheap bluray. And now I kinda want Queen Anne's Revenge. Damn.

neonglow

awwww man, don't diss the Speedorz! I only have the Laval (the lion is called that right?) one cos i got it nearly for free one day on an amazon sale so i thought what the hell... and then i actually had LOADS of fun with it on numerous occasions... I was giggling like a little kid when i pulled the chain like a madman and let it rip across the whole living room floor, into the kitchen, only to crash into a closet and burst into a thousand pieces (ok maybe only like 4 or something).

Now i will have to try that new launcher thing too though :)

If you had that much fun with the Speedorz, you'll like these Airjitzu toys. The harder you pull the cord the higher the thing flys up. Things won't burst cause the spinner is very sturdy once put together.

I just watched Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides after having picked up a cheap bluray. And now I kinda want Queen Anne's Revenge. Damn.

Thanks for the PSA post. Not buying regrets reminder for others.

If not sure on sets that are likely to go up once no longer for sale, buy it. Can usually sell it later for cost or even more. Queen Anne's Revenge new in sealed box goes for $300+ or something crazy. Even used I think it goes for more than MSRP.

ghostmind

Thanks for the PSA post. Not buying regrets reminder for others.

If not sure on sets that are likely to go up once no longer for sale, buy it. Can usually sell it later for cost or even more. Queen Anne's Revenge new in sealed box goes for $300+ or something crazy. Even used I think it goes for more than MSRP.

Roughly $400+ USD new, $300 used currently.

Boats and trains often appreciate quickly, so never sit on those, if you are on the fence.

I made some new legs for my Light Mech:

I really like the new look but I don't think this would actually support itself IRL, as the knee joints are only held by those little rod clip things that are used for the hands.

Oh well, looks cool though. :)

ghostmind

While I am looking at current values:

10228 Haunted House $400 to $500
10225 UCS R2D2 $350 to $400
10224 Town Hall $550 to $600
10221 UCS SSD $750 to $800
10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle $600 to $700
10211 Grand Emporium $300 to $350
10210 Imperial Flagship $800 to $900
10197 Fire Brigade $350 to $400
10196 Grand Carousel $2,500 to $3,000
10185 Green Grocer $1,300 to $1,500
10182 Cafe Corner $2,000 to $2,500
10179 UCS Falcon $4,000 to $5,000

Well, at least I've got retirement plans figured out :D (owned complete and BL:d).

I actually remember spotting QAR in stores when I started getting interested in Lego again back in 2012, so that wouldn't have been impossible to grab. But looking at feedback I'll probably skip it, it's not really that great of a build.

Town Hall is insane, it just sucks that eventually I'll need to tear down my cool MOC and sort off the pieces once I can't justify sitting on it any longer.

Holy shit. I said I would never sell my stuff, but seeing that makes me question it.

ghostmind

Holy shit. I said I would never sell my stuff, but seeing that makes me question it.

I own all of these sets, save for the Cafe Corner and the Grand Carousel.

The fact that I could get about $1,000 for my used Green Grocer, and thereby fund all of the upcoming TFA Star Wars sets, and still have some left over for the Hoth Echo Base, is causing me to strongly consider selling it.

And I am really curious as to what is going to happen to 10179's price, once the new movie is out.

Must be almost the time of year for some modular rumours to start flying. Anyone heard anything? I just built the DO and loved it. I should post some pictures of it.

ghostmind

Must be almost the time of year for some modular rumours to start flying. Anyone heard anything? I just built the DO and loved it. I should post some pictures of it.

I didn't start hearing about the DO until September of last year, so it may be a few more months.

I do expect to hear some rumours about "mainstream" themes soon though, probably starting at SDCC.

Actually, there is one rumour that I could share for next year... 1960's Batman.

I didn't start hearing about the DO until September of last year, so it may be a few more months.

I do expect to hear some rumours about "mainstream" themes soon though, probably starting at SDCC.

Actually, there is one rumour that I could share for next year... 1960's Batman.

Oh ok. I thought it was June for some reason. September is such a long wait but it's going to be an awesome month. Force Awakens merch!!!!

mrklaw

MrArseFace

I don't think I'd ever sell my imperial shuttle or Tower Bridge, but when I was looking to downsize a little, it would be fair to say that resale prices helped me focus on which themes I really wanted to keep and which I could live without. Modulars and Haunted House I really don't have the space for. Just have Fire Brigade and a Bricklinked Cafe Corner (So no idea what that would be worth - might just absorb the pieces into the main collection)

I own all of these sets, save for the Cafe Corner and the Grand Carousel.

The fact that I could get about $1,000 for my used Green Grocer, and thereby fund all of the upcoming TFA Star Wars sets, and still have some left over for the Hoth Echo Base, is causing me to strongly consider selling it.

And I am really curious as to what is going to happen to 10179's price, once the new movie is out.

Since I'm still filling out my street I'm in no hurry to sell anything, but it's comforting to know that the value will (most likely) stay or rise once I run out of space. I still have five and a half baseplates worth of buildings to put up, so I'm fine for now.

Osahi

Just finished building Benny's Spaceship spaceship spaceship! Words can't describe how awesome this set is. It looks cool, is quite sturdy, has some nice little touches for fans of the space theme, etc. Even the three little fighters that come with it just look awesome.

But i especially like the way you can pull the wings in attack position and uncover the spring loaded rockets. Such a cool mechanic that came out really great!

The build starts a bit boring with the base you have to make out of technic pieces, but afterwards it is just adding detail on top of detail and seeing it grow.

Only thing i did not like was the amount of stickers. Most are pretty doable, bit some are really annoying to get in place. They so look goed afterwards though, and there are quite sole printed pieces too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom