• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what do people think of the Bionicle reboot? is the stuff fun? Can you build interesting MOC stuff with them?

Yeah, they're one of my favorite toa in general. Love the reboot. The ccbs parts are compatible with old bionicle parts so its possible to mix them together. Here's one I made a while back:

pohatu__master_of_stone_by_hiddenderek69-d8q2ecp.png

So what do people think of the Bionicle reboot? is the stuff fun? Can you build interesting MOC stuff with them?

The Toa are all pretty fantastic. CCBS works better than expected and the gear box is genius engineering. Would recommend grabbing one of the $20 sets and seeing how you like them.

I had absolutely nothing to do today so I took a trip to the toy store. I eventually grabbed five CMF13 (including another Unicorn Girl and Hotdog Guy) but I wanted something to build. The raptor set is overpriced but I was going to get it eventually, so it's not too bad.

It's a decent enough build. The truck is HUUUUUGE. I'm going to have it in my city for now, but eventually I'll use the parts for something else. The back is just a big box of white and blue if you leave off the stickers. Actually, with the modular design I could remove the box and still have the truck front. I think the hazard striping might fit on 1x4 tiles which could be used for something else instead. I just put on a few stickers on parts I won't use elsewhere. Not a bad parts pack after all.

I don't know if Claire and Owen are interesting enough to keep around, but new fleshie figures are always useful. Their clothes are also generic so they can be used anywhere. The raptors are obviously the highlight and they look great. Those will terrorize my town very soon.

Edit: And there they go:
lego_raptor01.jpg

As others have voiced, I'd recommend picking up the $20 set to get a good overall feel of the new series.

CCBS, while some dislike, is such a great system and it always feels like you can make something cool looking regardless of how well you can come up with ideas.

My biggest complaint about the new Bionicle, and this has nothing to do with the actual toys, is the lack of story compared to the original release. This will probably get remedied soon due to some books coming soon.

Also, Skull villains are coming soon... really want a number of them badly !

Ryuuroden

While I am looking at current values:

10228 Haunted House $400 to $500
10225 UCS R2D2 $350 to $400
10224 Town Hall $550 to $600
10221 UCS SSD $750 to $800
10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle $600 to $700
10211 Grand Emporium $300 to $350
10210 Imperial Flagship $800 to $900
10197 Fire Brigade $350 to $400
10196 Grand Carousel $2,500 to $3,000
10185 Green Grocer $1,300 to $1,500
10182 Cafe Corner $2,000 to $2,500
10179 UCS Falcon $4,000 to $5,000

Christ, I have 1 haunted house, 3 town halls, 1 imperial shuttle, 5 grand emporiums, 1 imperial flagship, 2 fire brigades, 2 green grocers. Time to update my insurance. It is way too low.

Fowler

You should put briefcases in the raptor's clutches. They are door to door salesmen, or part of a religion.
"Excuse me, sir. Have you accepted Chris Pratt as your alpha and savior?"

Except... everybody already has accepted Chris Pratt as their alpha and saviour. Who are they going to preach to?!

Ryuuroden

Except... everybody already has accepted Chris Pratt as their alpha and saviour. Who are they going to preach to?!

What sets are still out that have obscure colors. I am starting to contimplate picking up extra sets. As much as I am not a fan of the Simpson's, I may have to pick it up. Was planning on getting the store anyways but maybe I'll get two.

My set spending is going to take a hit with the amount that will have to be diverted for my next mega project that I want to finish for next brickworld. (Yes, something crazy is in the works.)

What sets are still out that have obscure colors. I am starting to contimplate picking up extra sets. As much as I am not a fan of the Simpson's, I may have to pick it up. Was planning on getting the store anyways but maybe I'll get two.

My set spending is going to take a hit with the amount that will have to be diverted for my next mega project that I want to finish for next brickworld. (Yes, something crazy is in the works.)

Palace Cinema or Sydney Opera House for dark tan, Parisian Restaurant for olive (although there's not as much), Simpsons House or Tower Bridge for tan. For bulk amounts though, it's probably better to bricklink while they're still around.

You should put briefcases in the raptor's clutches. They are door to door salesmen, or part of a religion.
"Excuse me, sir. Have you accepted Chris Pratt as your alpha and savior?"

I actually don't have any briefcases that I know of, but Blue is currently trying her skills as a make-up artist.

Xater

Thanks for the Bionicle info guys.

Why are the 20 bucks one especially good? What about the smaller guys? Not that great?

Why are the 20 bucks one especially good? What about the smaller guys? Not that great?

The bigger sets do a good impression of the entire series and the use of their parts. he smaller set are still great but they are better when you understand how everything works together...

I guess a better way to put it is that the cheaper sets do their job but you wont have the appreciation for them till you experience one of them

I'd recommend Tahu or Kopaka. Onua is one of the weaker of all the sets (sadness for me, my favorite Toa). I'd probably say Tahu has risen to be one of my favorites now due to how badass he now is.

Palace Cinema or Sydney Opera House for dark tan, Parisian Restaurant for olive (although there's not as much), Simpsons House or Tower Bridge for tan. For bulk amounts though, it's probably better to bricklink while they're still around.

Tower Bridge also for white windows of varying sizes, blue half baseplates, light blue plates, and lots of smaller 1x1 snot bricks.

I am tempted to grab another just for parts.

Although I don't think I need another 500+ tan cheese slopes.

Xater

The bigger sets do a good impression of the entire series and the use of their parts. he smaller set are still great but they are better when you understand how everything works together...

I guess a better way to put it is that the cheaper sets do their job but you wont have the appreciation for them till you experience one of them

I'd recommend Tahu or Kopaka. Onua is one of the weaker of all the sets (sadness for me, my favorite Toa). I'd probably say Tahu has risen to be one of my favorites now due to how badass he now is.

Oh I see. I put Kopaka on my Amazon Wishlist, he looks pretty cool. Maybe I'll get him next month.

Toxi

Banned

Out of the 15 dollar sets, Gali (Blue) is my favorite. Lewa (Green) suffers from limited neck articulation, while Pohatu (Brown) is a bit plain. The Lord of Skull Spiders is more of a technic build. They're still great sets, but Gali is the best of the bunch.

The 10 dollar sets are fun, but they're not as good a start as the bigger characters.

Out of the 15 dollar sets, Gali (Blue) is my favorite. Lewa (Green) suffers from limited neck articulation, while Pohatu (Brown) is a bit plain. The Lord of Skull Spiders is more of a technic build. They're still great sets, but Gali is the best of the bunch.

The 10 dollar sets are fun, but they're not as good a start as the bigger characters.

I really dislike Gali but I think that's partially due to never being into her besides her original design. On the flip side I love Pohatu but he could use some minor improvements. His smaller build makes him feel more nimble, which makes sense character wise.

I honestly think the ten dollar protector sets are fantastic. Great play value and they all look great. I do feel like some are held back due to limited articulation. Stone n Jungle still are my faves.

I was given the Detective modular for Fathers Day. I still need to assemble it and rearrange my city and repopulate the mini figs as well.

I have 6 new video games and 3 new board games too. I need to spread my hobbies out a bit better!

Tower Bridge also for white windows of varying sizes, blue half baseplates, light blue plates, and lots of smaller 1x1 snot bricks.

I am tempted to grab another just for parts.

Although I don't think I need another 500+ tan cheese slopes.

I thought you were exaggerating, but there's that many. That's crazy.

It's also crazy that the set is still around after five years. Is there any older set in production other than the Death Star? It must be really profitable to produce, but then again there's not many special parts in it.

I thought you were exaggerating, but there's that many. That's crazy.

It's also crazy that the set is still around after five years. Is there any older set in production other than the Death Star? It must be really profitable to produce, but then again there's not many special parts in it.

It's all about the reveal video when Jamie shows how many of the cheese slopes come in there. And all because he wanted to help fans out by giving them tons of his favorite brick.

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it before. His enthusiasm is awesome.

I have always liked the look of that set but I have no idea how I would display it. I'm almost done with the Ferris Wheel and I am getting concerned about where to put it. I fear that the Death Star will forever remain secretly boxed and never built/displayed.

Do you still have the Opera House built? Such a massive footprint.

Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen it before. His enthusiasm is awesome.

I have always liked the look of that set but I have no idea how I would display it. I'm almost done with the Ferris Wheel and I am getting concerned about where to put it. I fear that the Death Star will forever remain secretly boxed and never built/displayed.

Do you still have the Opera House built? Such a massive footprint.

The footprint is long on Tower Bridge, but it is only one baseplate deep, which makes it easier to display. Sydney Opera House is just a big fat base and was a pain in the ass to find a place for. That is why it didn't last long on display here.

And some said they wanted a mausoleum for my graveyard...

I am debating about going back and making a big claw or something reaching out of the crack.

Ugh, I asked Lego customer service if Mass Effect stuff is acceptable to submit to the Ideas site and they tell me in a wordy way to read the rules...

Thanks for the advice. :l

Yeah I tried that for the x-files, got the same response, so I just submitted it and got it rejected...yay?

Yeah, I really don't want to do the remaining work just to get rejected. Also, I can only do the work when:

- It's quiet, so I can concentrate, but it's 90+ degrees in my place.
- It's 75 degrees, but the evap cooler is blowing constantly so it feels and sounds like I'm going down the highway with the windows down.

wetwired

Yeah, I really don't want to do the remaining work just to get rejected. Also, I can only do the work when:

- It's 75 degrees, but the evap cooler is blowing constantly so it feels and sounds like I'm going down the highway with the windows down.

I guess the fact that there's no existing mass effect sets on ideas isn't a good sign :/

The footprint is long on Tower Bridge, but it is only one baseplate deep, which makes it easier to display. Sydney Opera House is just a big fat base and was a pain in the ass to find a place for. That is why it didn't last long on display here
I am debating about going back and making a big claw or something reaching out of the crack.

Great mausoleum; did you out LEDs in your Halloween tree eyes?

Great mausoleum; did you out LEDs in your Halloween tree eyes?

Light bricks. When I press the lever on the back for the jaw to close, the tongue on the inside of the tree presses the switches on the light bricks in the upper section of the body.

I did think about leaving a gap at the back of the mausoleum to add an LED in it, but decided not to. Not everything needs lights on it.

To think I bought it two years ago worrying it might be OOP soon. :p

same here ugh :( i could easily have waited another couple years but oh well...

By the way, i just finished Orthanc after not wanting to build it initially right after seeing Ryu's Megascale Orthanc lol.... how wrong i was though, this set is definitely in my Top 5 of all time so far!!! What a magnificent beast it is! It easily dwarfs even the mighty Death Star in terms of sheer elegance and splendor as a display piece (given that the DS is a special type of vignette display piece it is forgiven though) It looks extremely imposing on the top of my shelf and towers over all as it should be :)

Now to find a horse so i can have Gandalf the Grey riding towards Isengard at a late hour ;)

Ryuuroden

I don't see it happening. The game has sex in it, doesn't it?

So, has anyone out there picked up any of the Deep Sea sets? I didn't realize they were released already. For some reason I thought they weren't coming until August. I'm curious how the builds are. I could see myself picking up all the sets.

Is anyone here open to buying sets from fellow gaffers?

I've got to get funds for California/Comic con and i'm moving later this year so i need to start clearing space.

the stuff i have are from the following
harry potter sets - Quidditch-4737 , HP - 4712
lego creator sets, need to get the numbers
lego pirates
lego city

some are sealed , some are but included everything but just throwing this out there

I don't see it happening. The game has sex in it, doesn't it?

Yeah, back when ME1 came out some outraged parents were damning the game because it was a "sex simulator" and won't somebody please think of the children! lol

The half-second of side-boob and booty is probably why they'd reject it.

LEGO really needs to get into more mature themes, they could be making so much more money.

ghostmind

A15cWFX.jpg

At San Diego Comic-Con, which kicks off July 9, Lego plans to reveal a construction set for the new Batmobile that will appear in the film “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder and set for March 25, 2016, release.

Snyder revealed the Batmobile in tweets last year, and DC displayed it earlier this month at the Licensing Expo in Las Vegas, but this is an exclusive first look at the Lego set, and the first product reveal tied to the film. It will be displayed at SDCC but consumers can only purchase it starting Jan. 1, 2016, at mass retailers.

The Lego DC Super Heroes New Batmobile set includes 306 pieces, two “stud shooters” and opening doors, a new Batman outfit deco, two additional unnamed characters and an additional vehicle. It will retail for $29.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom