• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyari

I'm hoping the Batmobile is a set on its own and is affordable. I like that it doesn't look too disproportionately huge like some of the previous Batmobiles have, but I'd prefer not to have to buy a $60 set for it because they put a bunch of other stuff I don't want in :(

neonglow

I'm hoping the Batmobile is a set on its own and is affordable. I like that it doesn't look too disproportionately huge like some of the previous Batmobiles have, but I'd prefer not to have to buy a $60 set for it because they put a bunch of other stuff I don't want in :(

It will be $30 with 306 pieces and 3 minifigures including Batman.

Ponn

Banned
I'll say it, Bat-Buggy looks like crap. And its not the movies fault, I have to say that atrocity is all on the Lego designer. I hope they hear the feedback at SDCC and make some changes to it or I won't be adding it to my Bat vehicle collection.

A15cWFX.jpg

That's a funky looking canopy/windshield. Is that new?

I'll only get that set if that's the only one with that new Batman print or if it's around 30% off. Actually, I take that back, that windshield interests me too so I might get the set around 20% off.

Kyari

Oh man local Lego shop has a clearance sale. Exo suits for £20.99 and Milano for £48.99. I am Tempted by the Milano and possibly a third Exo suit.

I quite like that Batmobile. You have to remember it's a £30 set rather than some UCS monstrosity. All it really seems to lack are the wheel guards.

Rootbeer

Banned
I like it as well as the exclusive minifig. Sadly some vehicles just don't translate very well to LEGO models, especially smaller models where detail is more constrained. I think they could have done a better job, but it's not the worst Batmobile I've seen.

After placing the raptor ambulance in my town, I sort of appreciate licensed vehicles that aren't massively over-sized. Not that I care about any Batmobile, but it looks neat enough.

3N16MA

Banned
The footprint is long on Tower Bridge, but it is only one baseplate deep, which makes it easier to display. Sydney Opera House is just a big fat base and was a pain in the ass to find a place for. That is why it didn't last long on display here.

And some said they wanted a mausoleum for my graveyard...

I am debating about going back and making a big claw or something reaching out of the crack.

I like it. I think the claw or hand reaching out would be a good addition.

That's a funky looking canopy/windshield. Is that new?

I'll only get that set if that's the only one with that new Batman print or if it's around 30% off. Actually, I take that back, that windshield interests me too so I might get the set around 20% off.
Looks like the train windscreen but printed.

wetwired

I don't envy the lego designers when it comes to these small superhero sets that are meant to represent something in a film. Jangs is obviously way better but it looks at least double the size. It's much easier to cram in details the larger you go in scale. The thing the designers also have to account for is making it all strong and solid for play as every kid is gonna want a batmobile. They'd have to be making visual compromises across the board to meet the scale and durability factors required.

I'm not overly disappointed, I'll buy it. It's a damn sight better than their attempts at minifig scale tumblers and "the bat". This one at least has a good foundation to improve upon.

ghostmind

I don't envy the lego designers when it comes to these small superhero sets that are meant to represent something in a film. Jangs is obviously way better but it looks at least double the size. It's much easier to cram in details the larger you go in scale. The thing the designers also have to account for is making it all strong and solid for play as every kid is gonna want a batmobile. They'd have to be making visual compromises across the board to meet the scale and durability factors required.

I'm not overly disappointed, I'll buy it. It's a damn sight better than their attempts at minifig scale tumblers and "the bat". This one at least has a good foundation to improve upon.

Agreed, and this appears to be a great improvement from "The Bat". I wouldn't be surprised to see a larger-scale model of this Batmobile at some point.

wetwired

Agreed, and this appears to be a great improvement from "The Bat". I wouldn't be surprised to see a larger-scale model of this Batmobile at some point.

I wonder if they'll do the new batwing as well. Just saw him post on facebook, it's a Bessa design. I commented on the difficult of building at this scale and he said " ...and make it buildable for a 7 year old!, it was fun though" So you can imagine how hard it is to pull of a half decent design.

ghostmind

I wonder if they'll do the new batwing as well. Just saw him post on facebook, it's a Bessa design. I commented on the difficult of building at this scale and he said " ...and make it buildable for a 7 year old!, it was fun though" So you can imagine how hard it is to pull of a half decent design.

In Bessa I Trust - he's designed some of the best superhero sets of the last few years.

And that is a good sign for the rest of the Batman vs Superman theme.

That is something I appreciate about many of the themed sets. They need to find the right balance between detail, but easy enough to pull off that a kid could build it. The UCS sets are there for the adults, but there is a special skill in pulling off the implied detail and fun builds in smaller things.

ghostmind

2016 Rumor Blowout

1960's Batman
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice
Captain America: Civil War
DC Heroines
Disney CMF
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Fantasy Castle theme
Marvel joins LEGO Dimensions

wetwired

I'm not sure if I'd be happier with a USC 60s Batmobile or a minifig scale one, perhaps minifig scale so I can integrate it into displays

I'm not feeling the look of the movie, the new batmobile or the Lego version of it. My son will probably want me to buy it for him though.

2016 Rumor Blowout

1960's Batman
DC Heroines
Disney CMF
Fantasy Castle theme

None of those are jumping out at me except maybe the Disney CMF. That could be really good.

neonglow

Here's my thoughts on these rumors:

2016 Rumor Blowout

1960's Batman - sounds cool...maybe sets will look like the very first Batman wave
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice - predictable
Captain America: Civil War - predictable
DC Heroines - thought this was later this year
Disney CMF - mini-doll CMF? I'd rather get Mickey and Donald minifigures though.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Harry Potter is a given with their close relationship to WB
Fantasy Castle theme - it's about time
Marvel joins LEGO Dimensions - I'll believe this one when I see its

ghostmind

I get the feeling LEGO may not want their brand associated with a movie with the name Suicide Squad.

Well, yes there is that.

Maybe they'll stick the characters in some "DC Super Heroes" sets. After all, they did a set with Deadpool and Wolverine.

2016 Rumor Blowout

1960's Batman
DC Heroines
Disney CMF
Fantasy Castle theme

Boo on no Peanuts (Snoopy) CMF! Definitely interested in Disney CMF. I hope it's classic Disney stuff and not their new IP (unless it's Pixar movies).

If Disney CMF are TRULY Minifigs and not Mini-Dolls like Neon suggested then i shall be ALL over this line!!!

The rest of the superhero stuff sounds boring to me already EXCEPT for DC Heroines and 60s Batman which sound awesome if done right.

Fantasy Castle, i really hope this time with minifigs since Elves already kind of covered this base in a way but with dolls...

I would be shocked, SHOCKED, if there was no Harry Potter something for Lego Dimensions next year.

People ask for it constantly in the stores, they'll have Fantastic Beasts to ride off of, and it looks like WB and Lego are going all-in on Dimensions. Maybe they'll save it for the sequel but I can't imagine they would let the opportunity pass.

Ponn

Banned
So random poll for those collecting super hero sets. How are you dealing with the Quicksilver fig? Are you biting the bullet and getting the fortress set? Are you just going to forget it all together? Pay the single fig price hes going for or acquire him through more unsavory overseas mean.

2016 Rumor Blowout

1960's Batman - meh
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice - meh
Captain America: Civil War - meh
DC Heroines - probably meh
Disney CMF - could be some great additions there. I'm assuming we'll get duck legs then, which would open up a ton of characters.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - sure, I'm up for more Harry Potter style buildings, especially if it gets us more sand green and tan :D
Fantasy Castle theme - awesome!
Marvel joins LEGO Dimensions - slightly hard to believe since Marvel is in Disney Infinity which is a direct competitor, but on the other hand they'll be focusing on Star Wars in the next game

Either way, sounds like 2016 won't be cheap either.

wetwired

I saw someone selling "custom" Movie Wolverine's online yesterday, just using off the shelf LEGO parts, I really liked it so I just made my own, I used different pants though as it's the closest I had...

wolverine.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
So random poll for those collecting super hero sets. How are you dealing with the Quicksilver fig? Are you biting the bullet and getting the fortress set? Are you just going to forget it all together? Pay the single fig price hes going for or acquire him through more unsavory overseas mean.

I still need it, actually. But I don't need it bad enough to pay ~$20 (before shipping) for the minifig alone and so far haven't found any good deals on the set... so it's still in limbo.

Considering that I didn't care all that much for him in Age of Ultron I might never cave on it unless I can find the right deal.

wetwired

I just gave in and bought the set, sold off the extra minifigs I didn't want

Rootbeer

Banned

My problem is i'm too lazy to deal with the whole selling of minifigs thing. By the time I deal with talking to the buyers and getting them out to post I feel like I'm at a net loss (time is money!)

I love that we have bricklink and places like that where people are clearly dedicating tons of their time and effort into doing it but it's just not for me.

So I have to go about it in less clever ways

Osahi

Build my 3 in 1 super pack over the past two days. Had some doubts buying it, as i am not that into clone wars era sets and it only had the anakin jedi interceptor as really recognisable piece, but boy. No regrets now!

Battle of saleucami: okay, it is what it is. Like the speeder, though it is a bit blocky. Not to fond of battle droids. Could have used an extra clone.

Anakin's interceptor: cool ship, cool build. No complainys except for r2's legs not being hidden when he's in his cradle.

Av-7 anti vehicle canon: wow. I didn't expect to love it this much. What a big thing. such cool details in the barrel. Such a nice build overall. Just don't like how the legs mobe apart from each other, but in a symetrical pose it's great.

Now i want more battle stuf. Gonna get the geonosis troopers just for the cool little walker, and eyed the at-ad (?) battle tank on three legs. Toy store has it on discount. Just undecided to get it solo, or in a 20 euro extra 3 in one pack with the kashyyk battle pack and a droid tank (the one with the tank track pieces)

I made a custom using Electro's torso, Dastan's head and the hair I found on Bricklink (oddly, since it's unique to QS yet the seller had loads).

Ponn

Banned
I still need it, actually. But I don't need it bad enough to pay ~$20 (before shipping) for the minifig alone and so far haven't found any good deals on the set... so it's still in limbo.

Considering that I didn't care all that much for him in Age of Ultron I might never cave on it unless I can find the right deal.

I do like Quicksilver but i'm getting the same limbo feeling on the set. And it seems to me at least silly to spend over $20 on the fig alone when for a bit more you can get the strucker fig and all the pieces from the actual set.

I will probably cave in to but I don't think I will bother bricklinking the figs. I'm sure they are getting flooded on bricklink with the extra figs from that set anyways. My Ferris Wheel can always use more riders.

I made a custom using Electro's torso, Dastan's head and the hair I found on Bricklink (oddly, since it's unique to QS yet the seller had loads).

That could work too. In the grand scheme of things since it was just the movie version it doesn't need to be THAT accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom