• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitemare1

I saw someone selling "custom" Movie Wolverine's online yesterday, just using off the shelf LEGO parts, I really liked it so I just made my own, I used different pants though as it's the closest I had...

wolverine.jpg

I did the same thing a while back.I had planned on making his truck, camper and trailer with motorcycle from the first movie.. Time to get back on that moc I think.

Here's mine in a pic I took a while back. He's standing in line to see Jaws 19.

MM_zps7e04ffd4.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
In traditional LEGO fashion they have done a nice job on the Angry Birds figures... but yeah, not for me.

wish that Force Awakens minifig pic was a bit more close-up, hard to see the helmet details

ghostmind

In traditional LEGO fashion they have done a nice job on the Angry Birds figures... but yeah, not for me.

wish that Force Awakens minifig pic was a bit more close-up, hard to see the helmet details

Two more months until the Force Awakens sets are available at retail. I wonder how much longer Disney is going to keep the cloak of secrecy up?

Rootbeer

Banned
Two more months until the Force Awakens sets are available at retail. I wonder how much longer Disney is going to keep the cloak of secrecy up?

I wonder that daily! Considering the secrecy, the current level of LEGO set leaks is satiating me though. Looking forward to seeing more.

I'm really curious how their BB-8 turns out. The helmet for it looked really good.

I saw someone selling "custom" Movie Wolverine's online yesterday, just using off the shelf LEGO parts, I really liked it so I just made my own, I used different pants though as it's the closest I had...

wolverine.jpg

I had to get the Racer X minifig shortly after coming out of my dark ages for this.
8367118061_78df99a4d3_m.jpg

neonglow

make sure to wait until the RotJ LEGO poser promo later this month if you care about getting that. the promos will stack. doubt this set will sell out before then.

It seems that there is only one overlap day, July 20th, where you can get both... hmmm

https://i.imgur.com/T5Hy8Bz.jpg

You might risk the set going out of stock even if it probably isn't likely. This same set will be available at Toys R Us in a couple months too.

Very happy with the new PAB (Pick and Build) selection in the PAB (Pick-A-Brick) wall.

Lots of green parts.

Black 4L bar
Trans Red 1x1 round tile
Pearl Silver 1x1 round tile
Green Slope, Curved 2 x 1 No Studs
Green Slope, Curved 4 x 1 Double No Studs

Too lazy to take photos of all the new PAB items, but you can see most of them in the models.

Can someone identify what minifig or set this head comes?

Ugh. I have mixed feelings about this. This wouldn't be the first time LEGO made minifigs not in the iconic form (i.e. Huggs A Lot bear from Toy Story), but it seems like the whole Angry Birds line will be non-standard minifigs. If they were going to do that, I feel like Minions would have been a way better theme. That said, I'll probably buy a bunch of those sets for the angry figs.

Still bummed about no Peanuts minifigs.

EDIT: Just remembered LEGO also did the LEGO rock creatures too. I'll give the custom mould angry figs a chance...

Image of 3 of the new character designs for the movie.
http://angrybirds.wikia.com/wiki/Angry_Birds_Movie
900px-ABMovieImage.jpg

Adding the appendages loses some of the unique design appeal the game had. If movie flops, at least there will be cheep LEGO sets on clearance. :)

That's awesome. It's missing only one thing, flick missiles.

Don't tempt me! I might just add those new spring loaded launchers.

But I started building on the baseplate to add all the graves and just burned out for the night. I have until October to finish this all.

Ponn

Banned
Wanted to mention that I was sporadic posting because I was in the hospital again pretty much all last week and through the weekend. Complications with my leg injury and infection. Towards the end of the week though when I was really feeling blue and getting into a dark place I got a call from my lawyer and have finally won my case so I can stop worrying about money problems. I got my first back payment check and i did LegoGAF proud. Not only did I have Red Five X-Wing waiting for me when I got home I now have on the way soon.

Pet Shop
Palace Cinema
Parisian Restaurant
UCS Tie Fighter

I figured if i'm going to jump into modulars, i'm going to jump in the deep end. Even better now that I have this huge weight lifted off me I can start concentrating on my writing again. I'm still doing home recouping so i'm not up to putting anything together now but i promise to post a pic of the epic haul when they all come in. And yes I did break up the orders to get a couple astronauts. (and no I didn't really care about that poster).

Wanted to mention that I was sporadic posting because I was in the hospital again pretty much all last week and through the weekend. Complications with my leg injury and infection. Towards the end of the week though when I was really feeling blue and getting into a dark place I got a call from my lawyer and have finally won my case so I can stop worrying about money problems. I got my first back payment check and i did LegoGAF proud. Not only did I have Red Five X-Wing waiting for me when I got home I now have on the way soon.

Pet Shop
Palace Cinema
Parisian Restaurant
UCS Tie Fighter

I figured if i'm going to jump into modulars, i'm going to jump in the deep end. Even better now that I have this huge weight lifted off me I can start concentrating on my writing again. I'm still doing home recouping so i'm not up to putting anything together now but i promise to post a pic of the epic haul when they all come in. And yes I did break up the orders to get a couple astronauts. (and no I didn't really care about that poster).
Glad things are looking up again and the weight is lifted.

I wasn't going to buy these sets but after seeing the picture, it confirms my decision. They look more DUPLOish than LEGO.

I feel like this is kind of ridiculous - how does seeing a picture of one Minifigure confirm your decision to not buy any of the sets? We have literally NO idea what they will look like. Bullshit like the K'Nex line? Friends Jungle sets "for boys"? Lego Movie 2.0 with lots of strange contraptions? The sets themselves could be awesome and just the translation of the new character designs to Minifigs is lacking. It's way way too early to make this call IMO.

Anyway, they look close to what I was expecting, though I figured they would have a normal Minifig body except with wings instead of arms (ala the Chicken CMF) and their "heads" would be things that snapped on over them like the Hot Dog Guy CMF.

Pet Shop
Palace Cinema
Parisian Restaurant
UCS Tie Fighter

Health issues are bad enough without financial problems on top of that. Good to hear it's working out for you. And welcome to the world of modulars :D.

Jang reviews Skyra's Mysterious Sky Castle

Another win for this series. Skyra is an excellent figure (I'd really want two, one for the pieces), there's tons of playability and pretty good parts. I think that I'll wait a bit since many parts simply won't get used (the purple decor for example) but this will be well worth picking up eventually.

Note the green 2x2 tile with hole and the new clear peg holder being used as an inkwell - definitely something I'll use for an upcoming build.

Osahi

Just bought the Geonisis Troopers battle pack for the little Clone Wars diorama I want to do. Ordered the 66479 3 in 1 battle pack too, with the AT-AP (which I really wanted, especially after seeing Jangs video on it), the Corporate Alliance Battle Tank Droid and the Kashyyyk Troopers pack. Those last two I didn't really need per sé (I had a version of the tank droid, but gave it to my godson), but I got a gift card of 30 euro's yesterday, and the pack was only 20 euro's extra compared to the At-Ap o I jumped.

I'll just have to find a good place for the little scene. It'll consist of 7 sets.

Nudull

Banned
Hoping to restart my Lego collecting now that I've pretty much done everything I want to do this summer. Been so long since I got the Nick Turtles Shredder Bike.

Ponn

Banned
Health issues are bad enough without financial problems on top of that. Good to hear it's working out for you. And welcome to the world of modulars :D.

I'm trying to decide which one to build first. I know I want to save Parisian for last so either Pet Shop or Palace Cinema.

Osahi

was in the store at lunchtime having a swatch. This set is really good, the wee submarine looks brilliant in real life

lego-deep-sea-submarine-set-60092-15-3.jpg

I've been eying this line a lot. Looks really great. But I'm not starting on City sets. Keeping myself to modulars and creator expert, the rare Star Wars set (when discounted) and a sole cool set in another line if I stumble upon it for a good price (like the Benny Spaceship to the third)

That's not to say that if I'd ever see these cheap in time I'll cave. I especially love the big ship with the wreckage and little submarine

willp2003

I really like that submarine set, and will probably pick it up at some point. I've just ordered the Creator power jet and a mixel, which means I get the Pirate promo set (UK). That's my early birthday present to myself.

A guy on in my local town is selling the Green Grocer for 700 bucks. It is assembled and 100% complete. Not sure about the box...

Is it worth it for that price?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
While I am looking at current values:

10228 Haunted House $400 to $500
10225 UCS R2D2 $350 to $400
10224 Town Hall $550 to $600
10221 UCS SSD $750 to $800
10212 UCS Imperial Shuttle $600 to $700
10211 Grand Emporium $300 to $350
10210 Imperial Flagship $800 to $900
10197 Fire Brigade $350 to $400
10196 Grand Carousel $2,500 to $3,000
10185 Green Grocer $1,300 to $1,500
10182 Cafe Corner $2,000 to $2,500
10179 UCS Falcon $4,000 to $5,000

A guy on in my local town is selling the Green Grocer for 700 bucks. It is assembled and 100% complete. Not sure about the box...

yes?

ruxtpin

Banned

I would say yes. It's a fantastic set, and unless you're dead set on staring at the box - that's a really good price for it complete. Not as a high a resale without the box of course.

Makes me think I should have tried to sell boxes! I moved last week and was just like "screw it, I'm not planning on selling my stuff anyway." Threw out a green grocer box and more.

Depends. If there's a box, the collector value is more than that. If not, and especially if there's no instructions, you could Bricklink an accurate one for less, but it's getting harder and harder since some of the sand green parts are running out.

Green Grocer is THE best modular, but $700? If I had missed the train on that one, I would have just accepted the fact that it's out of my league.

I would say yes. It's a fantastic set, and unless you're dead set on staring at the box - that's a really good price for it complete. Not as a high a resale without the box of course.

Makes me think I should have tried to sell boxes! I moved last week and was just like "screw it, I'm not planning on selling my stuff anyway." Threw out a green grocer box and more.

Umm, yeah:

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=78489

Eh, i know i have missed Cafe Corner and Green Grocer and will always regret it....to a POINT! I will not spend that much for them.. i believe 3 or 400 euro is the most i would be willing to spend on those old modulars but since that won't happen i will just have to accept the fact they're gone forever :(

It's ok though, my modular city will look great either way since they keep adding new ones to the line, it just won't be 100% complete, ever...

neonglow

I feel like this is kind of ridiculous - how does seeing a picture of one Minifigure confirm your decision to not buy any of the sets? We have literally NO idea what they will look like. Bullshit like the K'Nex line? Friends Jungle sets "for boys"? Lego Movie 2.0 with lots of strange contraptions? The sets themselves could be awesome and just the translation of the new character designs to Minifigs is lacking. It's way way too early to make this call IMO.

Anyway, they look close to what I was expecting, though I figured they would have a normal Minifig body except with wings instead of arms (ala the Chicken CMF) and their "heads" would be things that snapped on over them like the Hot Dog Guy CMF.

That might have been too harsh. However, the main character only having 2 points of articulation doesn't give me much confidence. It feels like the whole theme will be Juniorized. Considering the young target age group of the license, the set builds will likely be simple and not too elaborate or complex.

That might have been too harsh. However, the main character only having 2 points of articulation doesn't give me much confidence. It feels like the whole theme will be Juniorized. Considering the young target age group of the license, the set builds will likely be simple and not too elaborate or complex.

Yeah. I'm curious for sure (will the bomb bird be a BigFig?) and you're likely right that the sets will be pretty simple. They might make for nice parts packs, depending on what they are though. The still they've released shows them in a lush jungle so there could be lots of nice plant pieces or new colors.

I'm still gonna wait and see though. I can't imagine Lego would just copy K'Nex and have sets that resemble levels of the game, especially with the redesigns of the birds not really lending to that. But stuff from like Bad Piggies, weird cobbled-together contraptions, that could be kind of cool. Like the 2-in-1 Lego Movie sets.

Though with no bending legs, as you pointed out, I guess if there are any "cars" the birds won't really.. sit in them.. hmm. What the hell are these sets gonna look like!?!

Here's hoping the movie does well and they do Angry Birds Space for the sequel! Please Lego just give us space sets again ;____;

I'd say no, but I don't have anywhere near the budget most people here do so my value is a little skewed compared to them. Most I'll ever spend on a Lego set, no matter how good, is $200. Just can't really justify more when all you can do is look at it or use it for parts.

Ryuuroden

No, you can buy a bunch more sets with that money. If it comes with a pristine box, then it's a coin flip I suppose. Really though, I spend a lot of money on Lego (as is obvious) but I would not spend money on retired sets that are more than 50 dollars over their original price. I would if it didn't take away money from buying other sets, but it does.

neonglow

Yeah. I'm curious for sure (will the bomb bird be a BigFig?) and you're likely right that the sets will be pretty simple. They might make for nice parts packs, depending on what they are though. The still they've released shows them in a lush jungle so there could be lots of nice plant pieces or new colors.

I'm still gonna wait and see though. I can't imagine Lego would just copy K'Nex and have sets that resemble levels of the game, especially with the redesigns of the birds not really lending to that. But stuff from like Bad Piggies, weird cobbled-together contraptions, that could be kind of cool. Like the 2-in-1 Lego Movie sets.

Though with no bending legs, as you pointed out, I guess if there are any "cars" the birds won't really.. sit in them.. hmm. What the hell are these sets gonna look like!?!

Here's hoping the movie does well and they do Angry Birds Space for the sequel! Please Lego just give us space sets again ;____;

If the sets turn out to be lush jungles, I'll reconsider and probably pick them up at a discount. Looking at the K'nex sets, they're made for 7+ which is higher than I though. The sets could be like the current Juniors line or hopefully closer to current simplified Pirates or Castle sets.

I'd only get it if the set meant anything special to you. I wouldn't spend more than 2x MSRP for an OOP set. As others have said, that money could get you so many of the current modulars or other sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom