• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
I got my "import" Flash figs today. They are really good. I know its a grey area so I will only post pics of the ones I figure people will be interested in.

FOgiqM6.jpg
CW Reverse Flash
CW Flash
Reverse Flash
Black Racer
Nu 52 Reverse Flash

Ryuuroden

I got my "import" Flash figs today. They are really good. I know its a grey area so I will only post pics of the ones I figure people will be interested in.

CW Reverse Flash

CW Flash

Reverse Flash

Black Racer

Nu 52 Reverse Flash

Not much of a grey area anymore with LEGO winning its trademark lawsuit on minifig design in Europe but cool.

Could anyone who has the TIE Advanced Prototype take a picture of the inside of the cockpit dish? I'm thinking of using it for something else, depending on how it looks.

Could anyone who has the TIE Advanced Prototype take a picture of the inside of the cockpit dish? I'm thinking of using it for something else, depending on how it looks.

The front of the cockpit or the top of the cockpit? Meaning, the clear piece or the opaque one?

EDIT: BONUS! Both in one shot.

neonglow

It looks like Birthday Table Decoration (40153) is sold out on S@H. It just came out last month but I didn't have a chance to purchase it. I was looking for it at my local LEGO store last month but it was never available when I was there.

It looks like Birthday Table Decoration (40153) is sold out on S@H. It just came out last month but I didn't have a chance to purchase it. I was looking for it at my local LEGO store last month but it was never available when I was there.

I knew nothing about it until now, and now I am sad. That looks great.

It's not a grey area. Post as many pics as you want. I still need to take pics of my last haul but I got sidetracked.

Yeah, I don't see how bootleg figures and knockoffs are a grey area. It is just sharing the love of building stuff and finding it any way we can. It can also bring attention to stuff many people might want but didn't know existed.

I think the only time this would become a grey area is if this thread got officially sanctioned by LEGO. Which would be nice because it means free sets.

Please, LEGO. Are you reading this?

The front of the cockpit or the top of the cockpit? Meaning, the clear piece or the opaque one?

EDIT: BONUS! Both in one shot.

Thanks! The inside looks too dull for what I wanted, but the outside curvature of the dish might actually work out better for what I had in mind. Just need to figure out some way to mount it.

Completed Pet Shop a day or two ago. Want to say thanks once again to Klaw for the generous offer on his modular sets. Here's PS in it's new home:

DeYCuuU.jpg

Now that I've finished building PS I find myself at an impasse. Originally the plan was to build a Grand Emporium with an extension to give the interior a more lush and logical interior, which obviously means buying a second GE. But I'm undecided on whether I should leave it in it's box for the time being or build it now, then disassemble/rebuild it once I acquire another GE set.

The other thing is, I also want to pursue creating my own MOC. Nothing crazy or fancy, just a small townhouse/shop on a 16x32 baseplate to fit nice and snug with PS. This at least gives me time for planning and messing around with the LDD. Haven't even decided on what business to make (Was thinking maybe a butcher shop, but that could look rather suspet next to a pet store o_O).

The largest concern I have for both is money (as always). Waiting on deals for OOP Modular Buildings feels like a dicey proposition, and I have no clue how much the prices rise as time goes by. I'd hate to wait a month and find all the sets have spiked up by £100-200. And that money would be taken away even more if I went ahead with the MOC.

So, what say you guys?

Yay, NeoGAF lives again!

To recap, I didn't get my Amazon package even though it claimed that it would deliver today, so I'll have to wait until Monday or Tuesday. However, I found the Creator Toy Shop for 30% off, so there's something to do.

I've also built a huge new building in LDD, which will be fun to put together eventually.

For now, I took a look at my city. I placed the Battle for Ninjago City set in there just as a placeholder, and realized something:

KyrLybZ.jpg

Big, empty place with anachronistic ninja and stuff, how weird.

jSPxsg9.jpg

Perfectly normal movie making in progress.

Not new news, but new to me. I hope the minifigs are decent. I bet they go with the Halo type figs which doesn't appeal to me as they don't mesh well with minifigs.

I can still dream the license will go to LEGO someday. LEGO probably doesn't think there is room for more that one space license or maybe some clause in the license with Star Wars to not have Star Trek :)

neonglow

Not new news, but new to me. I hope the minifigs are decent. I bet they go with the Halo type figs which doesn't appeal to me as they don't mesh well with minifigs.

I can still dream the license will go to LEGO someday. LEGO probably doesn't think there is room for more that one space license or maybe some clause in the license with Star Wars to not have Star Trek :)

Hopefully it's a step up from the Kreo sets. The Kreon minifigures look weird as humans but look alright as robots.

If the sets turn out to be lush jungles, I'll reconsider and probably pick them up at a discount. Looking at the K'nex sets, they're made for 7+ which is higher than I though. The sets could be like the current Juniors line or hopefully closer to current simplified Pirates or Castle sets.

When I refer to the K'nex sets I'm meaning in a "just random blocks thrown together in a tower and a slingshot to throw a bird at them" type design. I really.. don't think Lego will do that, especially since they're based on the movie.

So yeah I'd imagine they'll probably be pretty simple like you're suggesting but hopefully they'll come with nice parts, at the least. My hype, I will admit, dropped once you pointed out that their legs don't bend since that means no sitting in contraptions. With no point of reference for what the movie's plot will be other than that one still, my curiosity is really getting to me. Ah well. Apparently the sets will be revealed at SDCC next week so we'll finally have our answer as to how interesting they are.

(I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I did some code-checking on the blind bags K'nex put out and I have all the "base" Angry Birds from them. Red, Yellow, 3 Blue, Black, small and big Pigs. They're surprisingly high quality. I still... have no idea why I wanted them so bad. And that same confusing part of me still wants to finish the collection with the White and Green birds... dunno if they ever made the Eagle. Oh and I just remembered they made Space versions of all of them too.... shit.)

Ponn

Banned
eergh...didn't mean to start any conflict. With legitimate competitors creating building systems I figured it was tough for Lego to fight. i don't mean to support piracy and thats why I always thought the figs I bought were grey area because they are either series never done (DBZ, Walking Dead) or figs never made by Lego and probably never will. I would gladly give my money to Lego if they just made these figs. Anyways, since some seemed to be interested I did also get the first set of Walking Dead figs and they are pretty good.

Michonne could be better, custom hair would have been nice.

Some Zombies they threw in to fill out the set. I don't mind because extra zombies come in handy for Halloween. Also the extra zombie heads with all the figs can be nice to repurpose regular figs.

Ricktatorship

Now my main problem with these figs and from what I saw from the second set is without any context you couldn't really tell right away who the figs are. I mean, thats understandable given the show but I have to say the Daryl fig is actually really good with his crossbow. What really surprised me though was the extra detail given to his back.
I found that pretty neat detail to get his jacket design as well, wasn't expecting that. Overall if you are fan of the show or even looking for some extra zombie apocalypse figs for a MOC or something for $7 why not.

I also got my Lego Pet Shop today so my haul is starting to come in. Was surprised about the size of the box. I keep hovering over that damn Spider-man Juniors set with Green Goblin. I mean, its literally paying $30 just for the green goblin fig. I wouldn't be using any of those other parts, maybeeee the cop fig but still.

Hopefully it's a step up from the Kreo sets. The Kreon minifigures look weird as humans but look alright as robots.

I agree 100%. The Kreon designs don't work well with humans, but look fine with robots. I wonder if they did a lot of market research on those designs.

When I refer to the K'nex sets I'm meaning in a "just random blocks thrown together in a tower and a slingshot to throw a bird at them" type design. I really.. don't think Lego will do that, especially since they're based on the movie.

So yeah I'd imagine they'll probably be pretty simple like you're suggesting but hopefully they'll come with nice parts, at the least. My hype, I will admit, dropped once you pointed out that their legs don't bend since that means no sitting in contraptions. With no point of reference for what the movie's plot will be other than that one still, my curiosity is really getting to me. Ah well. Apparently the sets will be revealed at SDCC next week so we'll finally have our answer as to how interesting they are.

(I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I did some code-checking on the blind bags K'nex put out and I have all the "base" Angry Birds from them. Red, Yellow, 3 Blue, Black, small and big Pigs. They're surprisingly high quality. I still... have no idea why I wanted them so bad. And that same confusing part of me still wants to finish the collection with the White and Green birds... dunno if they ever made the Eagle. Oh and I just remembered they made Space versions of all of them too.... shit.)

I have to think the movie will only be loosely based on the game. For example, I don't think we'll be seeing the birds being flung at buildings to destroy for over 1 hour. With the birds being heavily redesigned/reimagined, I really don't think we'll sets that look like much like the actual game. Comicon is coming soon...hope we get to see a full set image.

eergh...didn't mean to start any conflict. With legitimate competitors creating building systems I figured it was tough for Lego to fight. i don't mean to support piracy and thats why I always thought the figs I bought were grey area because they are either series never done (DBZ, Walking Dead) or figs never made by Lego and probably never will. I would gladly give my money to Lego if they just made these figs. Anyways, since some seemed to be interested I did also get the first set of Walking Dead figs and they are pretty good.

Michonne could be better, custom hair would have been nice.

Some Zombies they threw in to fill out the set. I don't mind because extra zombies come in handy for Halloween. Also the extra zombie heads with all the figs can be nice to repurpose regular figs.

Ricktatorship

Now my main problem with these figs and from what I saw from the second set is without any context you couldn't really tell right away who the figs are. I mean, thats understandable given the show but I have to say the Daryl fig is actually really good with his crossbow. What really surprised me though was the extra detail given to his back.

I found that pretty neat detail to get his jacket design as well, wasn't expecting that. Overall if you are fan of the show or even looking for some extra zombie apocalypse figs for a MOC or something for $7 why not.

I also got my Lego Pet Shop today so my haul is starting to come in. Was surprised about the size of the box. I keep hovering over that damn Spider-man Juniors set with Green Goblin. I mean, its literally paying $30 just for the green goblin fig. I wouldn't be using any of those other parts, maybeeee the cop fig but still.

No worries, amicable "conflicts" are all good. Mix the bags vs sorting is a common "conflict" here too. :)

I'm in the boat that they are questionable because I think they are illegal according to the law. I do discuss them here, but I don't try to give the impression they are legally legit. I rationalize buying "imports" for myself because it doesn't impact my purchases of LEGO. I mostly buy minifigs that are not made by LEGO or are rare exclusives.

eBay is full of customized legit LEGO minifigs. I'm not sure if those are legally legit (I would think not), but I haven't seen eBay stopping those sales.

Ryuuroden

Picked up 5 cups of the new wall stuff today and the technic cargo plane (to learn some various motorization things) which is a clue to what my next mega MOC will be. Also a shout out to PhoncipleBone asking if he might want to do a collaborative steampunk setup with me for next years Brickworld. Yeah next project is steampunk and will have multiple motorized aspects. I want to create a steampunk world around it and would be cool to do a big collaborative.

Picked up 5 cups of the new wall stuff today and the technic cargo plane (to learn some various motorization things) which is a clue to what my next mega MOC will be. Also a shout out to PhoncipleBone asking if he might want to do a collaborative steampunk setup with me for next years Brickworld. Yeah next project is steampunk and will have multiple motorized aspects. I want to create a steampunk world around it and would be cool to do a big collaborative.
So what you're saying is don't take down my airship?

Ryuuroden

Thus, the challenge of building my Halloween display increases. I used such a huge quantity of my grey tile and SNOT inventory on the ship.

But, adapt and overcome! The thought of collaborating on something for a big scene sounds exciting.

sent you a pm with some of the ideas i am hashing out. It might cause you to decide to rebuild your ship anyways and I think Brickworld 2016 is June 15th to 19th so you have plenty of time after Halloween. Would be cool if there are any other gaffers interested, we could do a GAF collaboration there.

Ponn

Banned
Digging those walking dead figures.

Now that i'm into modulars I think i'm going to turn one of the buildings into a zombie attack theme with the characters fighting them off. Grand Emporium would have been perfect for that.

Think im going to build something today. Either watch Star Wars Trilogy and Red Five X-Wing or the Mixer. Anyone else building something?

Now that i'm into modulars I think i'm going to turn one of the buildings into a zombie attack theme with the characters fighting them off. Grand Emporium would have been perfect for that.

Think im going to build something today. Either watch Star Wars Trilogy and Red Five X-Wing or the Mixer. Anyone else building something?

Yeah, the Republic Gunship... no fancy movie watching on the side though here, i just build a bag once in a while between tending the kid, doing housework etc.

Ponn

Banned
Yeah, the Republic Gunship... no fancy movie watching on the side though here, i just build a bag once in a while between tending the kid, doing housework etc.

I guess its build Star Wars day then. Through bag 4 of Red Five X-Wing. Its definitely bigger than I thought from pics or videos. Didn't watch Star Wars yet though, was catching up on episodes of JoJo oraoraoraoraora!

Nice customs Dr. Zhivago. Shirtless Wolverine makes sense for some reason.

Movie Wolverine isn't that hairy, plus I'm not sure Lego will ever make hairy torsos. :)
Need some white claws for him, plus flesh hands for QS & Dr Banner.

namtab37

Neo Member
Any rumors on what this years winter village set is going to be? I really wish they would come out with a small $20-30 set that consisted of Santa, his sleigh and 8 reindeer.

Any rumors on what this years winter village set is going to be? I really wish they would come out with a small $20-30 set that consisted of Santa, his sleigh and 8 reindeer.

Nothing yet. Interestingly the 2014 set has been out of stock since January. I am becoming concerned that it may not get another run.

ghostmind

Nothing yet. Interestingly the 2014 set has been out of stock since January. I am becoming concerned that it may not get another run.

The 2015 plan had the Winter Village Toy Shop listed for this year. Now is that a reissue of the original, a new version, or a placeholder name?

peely

Neo Member

Was at a toy shop getting birthday presents for my daughter, rude not to get something for her/myself (delete as appropriate). Went for:

001.jpg

Fun build and will probably get more of the theme, city stuff seems a bit dull at the moment. Also, can't believe they don't do big blue baseplates any more :(

Was at a toy shop getting birthday presents for my daughter, rude not to get something for her/myself (delete as appropriate). Went for:

001.jpg

Fun build and will probably get more of the theme, city stuff seems a bit dull at the moment. Also, can't believe they don't do big blue baseplates any more :(

I found the Pirates builds fairly generic, but the new figures are excellent.

The Flop

Banned
Any good sites on the lego creator series, and where to start. I'm thinking about getting back into Legos and the creator cityscape series looks really neat.

I am looking to unload my Millennium Falcon (10179-1), that I painstakingly bricklinked over many many months.
Some parts are substituted by others, I can give more details if desired.
There are enough parts to build it either with the cockpit on the left or the right.
All the bricks were either 'new' from bricklink or new from LEGO PAB online, I've just built it once and displayed it a while. It or it's bricks where never 'played' with.
I'm thinking 1000€.
No box, no manual, no minifigs, just the ship as seen in all it's glory. It's dismantled and completely sorted into separate bags per piece.

Anyone interested?

By the power of Bricklink

Photos and words just don't do its size justice. It is freaking enormous!

It's also fabulous! Looks great and such fun to build. :D

crappy pictures are crappy, I think this calls for getting my DSLR out of the closet.

Ponn

Banned

Completely finished. I think the sticker came out ok. Took a couple tries because it kept slightly going over the edge and I didn't want it to peel. I lived through the G1 Transformers sticker sheet era so i'm used to stickers. Damn this thing is heavier then it looked. I'm really surprised this Lego built stand holds it so well. It's on my Star Wars shelf and I left the spot next to it open for the Tie Fighter next.

Rootbeer

Banned
UCS Falcon still impresses.

An updated version can't come soon enough. Hopefully sometime this decade. :)

And they need to keep it in production for a long, long time like the Death Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom